Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This

+4
hunden97
JukeEm
anselansel
SoccerXXX
8 posters

Go down

Should NTX Rate Soccer Coaches

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_lcap64%Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 29 ]
Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_lcap36%Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 16 ]
Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_lcap0%Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 45

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This

Post by SoccerXXX 6/24/2011, 4:35 pm

From another thread:

Why don't we have something like this?

www.ratemysoccercoach.com

Looks like this is primarily something in California but could be used. (If you put North Texas in box and hit search you will get to a few listed)

What are the merits of rating coaches in NTX. Definitely not an end all in a selection process but perhaps a good touch point.

SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This

Post by SoccerXXX 6/25/2011, 12:29 pm

SoccerXXX wrote:From another thread:

Why don't we have something like this?

Looks like this is primarily something in California but could be used. (If you put North Texas in box and hit search you will get to a few listed)

What are the merits of rating coaches in NTX. Definitely not an end all in a selection process but perhaps a good touch point.

Interesting. With almost 300 views there have only been 10 votes cast. Of them 5 for and 5 against. It would be very interesting to hear comments as to why for or against.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty Re: Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This

Post by anselansel 6/25/2011, 12:50 pm

no, because internet voting is inherently unreliable and unfair.
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty Re: Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This

Post by JukeEm 6/27/2011, 11:46 am

Disregard

Last edited by JukeEm on 2/2/2012, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

JukeEm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty Too true

Post by hunden97 6/27/2011, 12:27 pm

And you know the ironic/moronic thing about M.S.'s comments... he poached most of his kids!! And several he poached from the coach he was criticizing!! How's that for hypocritical!?! lol!
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/27/2011, 2:17 pm

JukeEm wrote:I think we should start using this site to rank coaches for NTX.
I have a U10 boy. We are currently analyzing teams and coaches prior to select tryouts to see what else is out there since we have only played for one club team. While watching a semi final game between FC Dallas Premier 01 and FC Dallas Junior 01 in the Kyle Owen tournament, I witnessed a very disturbing event. This is a bit of what I heard standing yards away up on the hill:
Premier Coach yells over to Junior coach: Hey your kids are just smashing the ball!
Junior coach ignores him and talks to his kids
Premier Coach yells again: Hey you need to develop your kids! They're just kicking the ball out there!
Junior Coach replys: Most of my kids are new or from Rec and I am developing them. Most haven’t even played together. Please coach your kids. I am trying to win a game.

I have heard many negative comments about this particular FC Dallas Premier Coach. . I thought it was just a bunch of disgruntled parents just trying to get back at a coach. Now I know the negative posts are true. I cannot believe a coach, a mentor of our youth, making such negative comments on the field in front of all those kids. I saw some of the Junior kids slump after the first comment. I was infuriated that a coach could be so callous.
I was planning on talking to the Premier Coach to have my son try out. But after witnessing that, I’m wondering why FC Dallas still allows this guy to coach at all. I’m sure they have heard complaints about this guy…A ranking system may help some of us parents avoid a coach/jerk like this.
Wow... You gave him high marks on communication. Yelling loud does not equal good communication. Thanks for taking the initiative though.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty RE:Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do

Post by SoccerXXX 6/27/2011, 2:38 pm

So my question to the board is if there is a fair voting pool (sorry the statistician in me) would this be a positive thing for parents to consider in looking for the right fit for their child?
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 6/27/2011, 4:23 pm

SoccerXXX wrote:So my question to the board is if there is a fair voting pool (sorry the statistician in me) would this be a positive thing for parents to consider in looking for the right fit for their child?
Yes it could be. If the voting pool is large enough, the law of large number would apply (hopefully, there is a mechanism to rejected duplicate votes). The result would be a rating system that would provide parents with fairly accurate indicators on how well the coach has/is performing on the five categories and therefore, providing parents with a good tool in the quest for the right coach for their kids. However from what I see, this site has been around since 2009. There are not many voters, so the ratings may be skewed by a few unhappy parents. Not a good tool right now. With more voters, maybe....
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 6/27/2011, 5:06 pm

JukeEm wrote:I think we should start using this site to rank coaches for NTX.
I have a U10 boy. We are currently analyzing teams and coaches prior to select tryouts to see what else is out there since we have only played for one club team. While watching a semi final game between FC Dallas Premier 01 and FC Dallas Junior 01 in the Kyle Owen tournament, I witnessed a very disturbing event. This is a bit of what I heard standing yards away up on the hill:
Premier Coach yells over to Junior coach: Hey your kids are just smashing the ball!
Junior coach ignores him and talks to his kids
Premier Coach yells again: Hey you need to develop your kids! They're just kicking the ball out there!
Junior Coach replys: Most of my kids are new or from Rec and I am developing them. Most haven’t even played together. Please coach your kids. I am trying to win a game.

I have heard many negative comments about this particular FC Dallas Premier Coach. . I thought it was just a bunch of disgruntled parents just trying to get back at a coach. Now I know the negative posts are true. I cannot believe a coach, a mentor of our youth, making such negative comments on the field in front of all those kids. I saw some of the Junior kids slump after the first comment. I was infuriated that a coach could be so callous.
I was planning on talking to the Premier Coach to have my son try out. But after witnessing that, I’m wondering why FC Dallas still allows this guy to coach at all. I’m sure they have heard complaints about this guy…A ranking system may help some of us parents avoid a coach/jerk like this.

Just to make sure those searching for information on coaches are able to find this, the Kyle Owen tourney page lists the FC Dallas Premier as Mark Snell. The coach acting in a dignified manner was Jon Watters.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/27/2011, 7:38 pm

Thanks for saving me the hassle of looking up the teams to see which coaches you ate talking about!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty RE:Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do

Post by SoccerXXX 6/28/2011, 1:38 pm

Looks like some ratings are starting to be put in which I think is good. I emailed a few questions to the site administration to understand the following questions. I just wanted to see how objective the site is and if it will be improved over time.
1. Is a user ID only allowed to rate a coach 1 time? If not then is there a mandatory period between ratings? This is so that ratings will not be skewed.
2. Is there a way to pull up all the coaches and get their collective rating and the number of reviews that they have? I see part of this on the recently rated but would be good when searching for a district, state, etc.
3. Once a coach is created in the system is there a way to have his information updated? I am sure that as this picks up popularity that coaches will want to make sure their information is accurate.
4. There are two coaches (Adrian Solca) in there. How are duplicates removed?
5. Is there a way to do a mass upload of coaches for the first time?
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach Rating Site - What Are The Merits / Should NTX Do This Empty RE:Coach Rating Site - Starting To Be Populated

Post by SoccerXXX 6/29/2011, 10:34 am

So far the poll has got some interesting comments back. The poll leaned toward yes but not a definitive approval (60/40 yes/no).

This said I have actually seen some ratings start going onto the site and would like to see if we can get this going in earnest. The comments that I have seen and the ratings for those coaches generally look to be in line with how the board views the coach.

I would love to have this an additional data point in a selection process for if/when my bb moves from one coach to another.

SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 6/29/2011, 10:55 am

Can we also get a site going that rates the parents

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 6/29/2011, 10:59 am

mspan02 wrote:Can we also get a site going that rates the parents
Too funny!! Laughing
Every team has their parents that add spice to the team!
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum