Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

futsal tournament @ SMU - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

futsal tournament @ SMU

+9
Sprint
YOULOOSE
seriousfoulplay
What
accidentalelbow
cowpukesfan
futbolista
2sgrm
dallasfutsal
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

futsal tournament @ SMU - Page 2 Empty Re: futsal tournament @ SMU

Post by 97MAN 8/15/2011, 10:16 pm

accidentalelbow wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
TexasSoccer02 wrote:does anyone know who was in the finals?

Played Dallas Futsal pick-up 8/14 (Sunday) and it was a blast. They played for a few hours and only cost $5 per child. You can play as a team or just walk on with others. The format was score once and you stay on the court and a new team rotates on. No record keeping, no coaches and no parent participation - only encouragement. Great job by the Dallas Futsal organizers.

If you are considering this for your kids, be sure to RSVP, as they only take 40 kids per session and several kids that didn't RSVP were turned away.

Hope to see you all out there next time.

Thanks "elbow", I'll do that!
I like the part about NO PARENT PARTICIPATION. But I bet you have at least one or two over-eager dads that still want that control. I really hate that. Let the dadgum kid have fun while learning ball control!
I'm pretty sure my 00, 01, & 02 kids will have a blast.
For $5 a child? That's not bad. You'll pay that if the kid has to practice indoor.

My last question: Is it pretty organized and under control?
I hope so.

And thanks again. See ya'll Sunday.

Hey star burner, I would say the program was well organized. There's one family that runs it and they do a great job. In the very beginning they address the kids, helping them get organized on teams and situated on the proper court and then the address the parents. They are very clear about no parent participation or the will ask you to leave. Surprisingly, the kids do really well without any coaching. They help each other rotate in subs or shift positions if one person isn't a dedicated keeper. The organizers keep time and ensure the teams rotate on and off accordingly - it's like clock work. They also address any unfair play and they will sit kids that are too aggressive. There are two courts, so teams with higer skill levels play on one and teams that improve over time might move up from the more intermediate level court. The feel has nothing to do with being on one court or the other, but about having fun. My BB is an 02, but we had an 03 and my 05 on our team - it was great as we played against 00's and 99's. Then our 02's stayed on to play against 96's - 99's - it was awesome watching them try to keep up and at times they certainly did.
wow sounds like a lot of fun..

When is the next one?

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

futsal tournament @ SMU - Page 2 Empty Re: futsal tournament @ SMU

Post by accidentalelbow 8/15/2011, 10:50 pm

97MAN wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
TexasSoccer02 wrote:does anyone know who was in the finals?

Played Dallas Futsal pick-up 8/14 (Sunday) and it was a blast. They played for a few hours and only cost $5 per child. You can play as a team or just walk on with others. The format was score once and you stay on the court and a new team rotates on. No record keeping, no coaches and no parent participation - only encouragement. Great job by the Dallas Futsal organizers.

If you are considering this for your kids, be sure to RSVP, as they only take 40 kids per session and several kids that didn't RSVP were turned away.

Hope to see you all out there next time.

Thanks "elbow", I'll do that!
I like the part about NO PARENT PARTICIPATION. But I bet you have at least one or two over-eager dads that still want that control. I really hate that. Let the dadgum kid have fun while learning ball control!
I'm pretty sure my 00, 01, & 02 kids will have a blast.
For $5 a child? That's not bad. You'll pay that if the kid has to practice indoor.

My last question: Is it pretty organized and under control?
I hope so.

And thanks again. See ya'll Sunday.

Hey star burner, I would say the program was well organized. There's one family that runs it and they do a great job. In the very beginning they address the kids, helping them get organized on teams and situated on the proper court and then the address the parents. They are very clear about no parent participation or the will ask you to leave. Surprisingly, the kids do really well without any coaching. They help each other rotate in subs or shift positions if one person isn't a dedicated keeper. The organizers keep time and ensure the teams rotate on and off accordingly - it's like clock work. They also address any unfair play and they will sit kids that are too aggressive. There are two courts, so teams with higer skill levels play on one and teams that improve over time might move up from the more intermediate level court. The feel has nothing to do with being on one court or the other, but about having fun. My BB is an 02, but we had an 03 and my 05 on our team - it was great as we played against 00's and 99's. Then our 02's stayed on to play against 96's - 99's - it was awesome watching them try to keep up and at times they certainly did.
wow sounds like a lot of fun..

When is the next one?

Every Sunday at the Lutheran church in Dallas 2:30 - 4:00 (RSVP for sure) cross streets are (forest and stults off 75). As I understand it, they've secured Filed House in Frisco to play as well (not sure what days yet). But it is really fun and it's all about the kids. I have no reason to say as much if it wasn't the case.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2