Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Hurst United Turkey Shoot

+8
my2cents
wep
toffeemate
odie1993
sadbuttrue
Freeatlast
97MAN
jcd
12 posters

Go down

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Empty Hurst United Turkey Shoot

Post by jcd 9/7/2011, 1:23 pm

Hurst United Turkey Shoot November 18-20 is under completely new management, and ready to fly. This tournament has been in existence for 18 years, and we would love to have you join us with the new direction. An experienced scheduler and competitive coach will be handling the games, and will be team and coach friendly. It is one of the most affordable tournaments in the area. We realize that those who played last year under the old management had extreme difficulties, but be assured, we are here to win your trust. We look forward to seeing you on the pitch. Further information is below.

Welcome to the XVIII annual Turkey Shoot hosted by Hurst United Soccer Association.

The Turkey Shoot Tournament is open to all US Soccer Federation (USSF) Affiliates (US Youth Soccer and US Club Soccer) Recreational League boys and girls U5-U19 teams, Competitive League boys and girls U11-U19 teams, and U9-U10 Soccer Academy teams. Tournament will be played November 18-20, 2011. Application and payment deadline is November 4, 2011.
Some features to look forward to will be:

•A gift for every player
•Participation Trophies for all U5-U8 players
•Trophies or medals for all 1st and 2nd place winners U9-U19
•Guaranteed 3 full length games
•Promoted GotSoccer Tournament
•Probable Online check-in available
•U9-U10 Academy will play 11 v 11
•Dual coach friendly scheduling
•Priority will be given to keeping age groups at the same complex
-Subaru North Texas Soccer Tour Event

Fees are as follows:

■U4-U8 Rec $175.00
■U9-U14 Rec $250.00
■U15-U19 Rec $300
■U9-U10 Academy $300
■U11-U14 Competitive $350.00
■U14-U19 Competitive $400.00

To register, click here https://events.gotsport.com/(S(cr55i155pkmgapq2th5lelmf))/forms/app/Default.aspx?EventID=18785

[list][*]

jcd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Empty Re: Hurst United Turkey Shoot

Post by 97MAN 9/7/2011, 5:57 pm

jcd wrote:Hurst United Turkey Shoot November 18-20 is under completely new management, and ready to fly. This tournament has been in existence for 18 years, and we would love to have you join us with the new direction. An experienced scheduler and competitive coach will be handling the games, and will be team and coach friendly. It is one of the most affordable tournaments in the area. We realize that those who played last year under the old management had extreme difficulties, but be assured, we are here to win your trust. We look forward to seeing you on the pitch. Further information is below.

Welcome to the XVIII annual Turkey Shoot hosted by Hurst United Soccer Association.

The Turkey Shoot Tournament is open to all US Soccer Federation (USSF) Affiliates (US Youth Soccer and US Club Soccer) Recreational League boys and girls U5-U19 teams, Competitive League boys and girls U11-U19 teams, and U9-U10 Soccer Academy teams. Tournament will be played November 18-20, 2011. Application and payment deadline is November 4, 2011.
Some features to look forward to will be:

•A gift for every player
•Participation Trophies for all U5-U8 players
•Trophies or medals for all 1st and 2nd place winners U9-U19
•Guaranteed 3 full length games
•Promoted GotSoccer Tournament
•Probable Online check-in available
•U9-U10 Academy will play 11 v 11
•Dual coach friendly scheduling
•Priority will be given to keeping age groups at the same complex
-Subaru North Texas Soccer Tour Event

Fees are as follows:

■U4-U8 Rec $175.00
■U9-U14 Rec $250.00
■U15-U19 Rec $300
■U9-U10 Academy $300
■U11-U14 Competitive $350.00
■U14-U19 Competitive $400.00

To register, click here https://events.gotsport.com/(S(cr55i155pkmgapq2th5lelmf))/forms/app/Default.aspx?EventID=18785

[list][*]
Don't waste your time or money..

My bb quest played in this tournament last year and his team played in it the year before that, both times it was a joke, the worst ran tournament I have ever been in. Every year they promise there teams it will be better next year, I just don't believe it........

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 9/7/2011, 9:47 pm

Who's the new management? Is it the same folks who have been handling HUFC's web presence?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Empty Do Not Believe JCD !!!

Post by sadbuttrue 9/15/2011, 12:26 pm

It is the same individuals that were there last year with the exceptions of the ones who got fed up and left. I’m guessing here, but I would bet JCD is the same HUFC competitive coach that last year did not even play in his own tournament and left it to fail and now he is the “experienced scheduler and competitive coach will be handling the games” Be Carefull “my friends” VERY CAREFULL!!!!!!

sadbuttrue
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 9/15/2011, 1:44 pm

Primetime is the same weekend. we have played in 2 of their tournaments and both have been exceptionally run and they work hard to avoid coaching conflicts.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by toffeemate 9/15/2011, 2:16 pm

Dallas Texans Fall Festival is Nov 18-20, no complaints from last year that I am aware of...
http://www.dallastexans.com/DallasTexansFriendiesJuly.php
toffeemate
toffeemate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wep 9/16/2011, 8:24 am

As current President of HUSA, I would like to clarify that this tournament is run by the Recreational side of Hurst, not HUFC. The Turkey Shoot has been a successful tournament for many years with the exception of the last 2 years. Perhaps JCD chose not to participate in the Rec tournament because of the individuals who were in charge? Which by the way, they did not get fed up and leave, they were voted out.

We at HUSA are very aware of the issues that have taken place the last 2 years. Because of this, we have not substantially raised prices and have made more preparations than ever to make sure this tournament is successful. I do not blame those who are skeptical...I would be too. But I assure you that this will be a great tournament with the best prices around. Teams have already begun to register.

Beware of cowards that create usernames to post only one anonymous, negative comment about anything and that don't use spell check. Perhaps they are part of the old regime?

Last edited by wep on 9/16/2011, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
wep
wep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/16/2011, 9:07 am

Have not been out there the last two years but were there the two years prior in the boys competitive side and had no problems. Have also gone out there many, many times on the rec side over the last 11 years ( not the last two again though)and never had any problems other than an occassional backed up field, which can and does happen at all tournaments..

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 9/16/2011, 11:47 am

wep wrote:But I assure you that this will be a great tournament with the best prices around.

Do I hear a money-back guarantee being offered? lol!

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Empty HUSA Turkey Shoot

Post by PEEWEE 9/16/2011, 5:29 pm

Its a shame you must hide behind your fake username to bash this organization. We here at HUSA are trying to get this organization back to what was a great place in the past for our kids to play the sport they love. Remember when you post your nasty comments alot of kids can be affected by this. We are volunteers here as you are aware of and we are spending countless hours to rebuild what has been broken for this Recreation organization. We do totally understand that the past 2 years has not been our best but we plan to make it great again. With the new Board and great positive Board Members and the help of our great community we will rebuild this Recreation Association. Hope to see you all at the HUSA Turkey Shoot this year and give us the opportunity to show you we can make it great!!!

PEEWEE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Hurst United Turkey Shoot Empty U9 Academy update

Post by wep 10/17/2011, 11:01 am

Just wanted to update the Academy brackets:

U9 Academy will play 9v9.
U10 Academy will play 11v11.

With any questions regarding the Turkey Shoot, please contact me directly at director@husaturkeyshoot.com.
wep
wep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by texasoccer 10/17/2011, 12:02 pm

odie1993 wrote:Primetime is the same weekend. we have played in 2 of their tournaments and both have been exceptionally run and they work hard to avoid coaching conflicts.

what is the link to the premtime tournament?

texasoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/17/2011, 1:07 pm

texasoccer wrote:
odie1993 wrote:Primetime is the same weekend. we have played in 2 of their tournaments and both have been exceptionally run and they work hard to avoid coaching conflicts.

what is the link to the premtime tournament?

www.primetimesportz.com
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cholo14 11/23/2011, 5:35 pm

wep wrote:As current President of HUSA, I would like to clarify that this tournament is run by the Recreational side of Hurst, not HUFC. The Turkey Shoot has been a successful tournament for many years with the exception of the last 2 years. Perhaps JCD chose not to participate in the Rec tournament because of the individuals who were in charge? Which by the way, they did not get fed up and leave, they were voted out.

We at HUSA are very aware of the issues that have taken place the last 2 years. Because of this, we have not substantially raised prices and have made more preparations than ever to make sure this tournament is successful. I do not blame those who are skeptical...I would be too. But I assure you that this will be a great tournament with the best prices around. Teams have already begun to register.

Beware of cowards that create usernames to post only one anonymous, negative comment about anything and that don't use spell check. Perhaps they are part of the old regime?

We participated in this tournament this year and even though competition, game officiating and fields were great, we (FWFC-02 Boys) left with a very sour taste because of an EMBARRASSING and UNFAIR Schedule mistake.... and I will explain below. But first, I need to say I wrote an email on Saturday night (at about 10:30pm) when they posted the Semifinals schedule, hoping the Tournament officials would answer back with an explanation and resolution to our claim.... But not only I was ignored through Sunday -the end of the Tournament-, but still I am waiting for a courtesy call/email. I doubt my son is going to play “a” tournament from this organization again.

The U10 Academy and Recreational Divisions were set identically with 3 brackets: 1 with 4 teams and 2 with 3 teams each, for a total of 10 teams. The schedule was set to have the 1st place team from each bracket and the best 2nd place team as a Wildcard; everything seems OK there, right? Well, it was until they decided to cross-match the teams in both the 3-team brackets, causing that NO team played a match against a team in their bracket!! Yes, because of this, you got a bracket that as a group won 1 game, drew 2 and lost 6….. scored 8 goals and received 40….!! Sporting United advanced as 1st place of their 3-team bracket with 0 wins, 3 goals in favor, 11 against and 10 points; FWFC (in the 4-team bracket) was left out with 2 wins (including the one against a very good team and favorite Odyssey), 13 goals in favor, 3 against and 21 points!!

I pretty much know what the answer was going to be: These were the rules and we all should have known better. Well, I would disagree with that because one, it was clearly a terrible mistake on their side; two, they did not update scores for one “critical” game (Mansfield Samba Gold vs. Blue) until 10:30-ish pm and by points FWFC was in until then, thus we were not able to discuss it in person or call; and three, if they noticed it, they should have fixed it for the integrity competition. Now, if they did not notice, then it’s a "capability" problem with the Scheduler.

It is not Sporting’s –or Cook County Hurricanes’ in Recreational- fault and I believe FC Dallas is a legitimate and deserving Champion (that by the way, beat us 2-1 in Arlington league play a few weeks ago).
cholo14
cholo14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down