Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97b D3 Predictions week 2 - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97b D3 Predictions week 2

+9
PEEWEE
soccermom97b
batman
hoosier41
penalty kick
ALSC_7
mspan02
The German
soccer taxi
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

97b D3 Predictions week 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: 97b D3 Predictions week 2

Post by soccermom97b 9/12/2011, 9:11 am

hoosier41 wrote: While I will agree that TFC Blue scrapped their way to a win yesterday, the 3-0 margin wasnt as wide as it might seem.

I agree with you on this one and nearly wrote yesterday that the game was much tighter than the 3-0 score would make people think.

soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 9/12/2011, 5:38 pm

ASG 97B - how does the possibly worst team beat hurst 7-0 and win over Barcelona? W
If all teams were at 4 games strikers would likely be in 5th place. We stumbled against Millennium with a new defensive formation but loosing to TFC is no shame, we didn't have a great game and they played like the old TFC we all know.

D3 will be a tossup for second in my opinion. Amarillo being the odds on favorite for first.
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ASG '97B 9/13/2011, 10:41 am

soccer taxi wrote:ASG 97B - how does the possibly worst team beat hurst 7-0 and win over Barcelona? W
If all teams were at 4 games strikers would likely be in 5th place. We stumbled against Millennium with a new defensive formation but loosing to TFC is no shame, we didn't have a great game and they played like the old TFC we all know.

D3 will be a tossup for second in my opinion. Amarillo being the odds on favorite for first.

Soccer Taxi: My opinion is based on what I have seen over several months. Barcelona over the last year has been inconsistent at best. They are a hard team to judge by. When they play as team and don't argue with coach, they are good. But more times then not they cut their own throat with lack of discipline.

Millenium is no favorite of mine. I don't believe the coach has any class and their team is one demionsional. They haven't improved in years. I was actually shocked you lost to them.

TFC isn't what they think they are. They have two really good strikers, average midfield, and weak defense. They were playing with back up 3rd string keeper who I believe played well. Coaching on this team is less than impressive.

My opinion is based on what I feel the teams you have played brought to the table. I thought you did have opportunites against TFC and suprised you couldn't get it done with both starting and back up keepers missing. Barcelona is unpreditcable in level of play and Millenium won't get better. I also felt watching your team depth was an issue. Big drop when going into bench. With all of these factors I formed my opinion. It is just an opinion, and I meant nothing bad. I wish you and your team all the best this season. You may prove me wrong?

ASG '97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit 9/13/2011, 11:23 am

ASG '97B wrote:
soccer taxi wrote:ASG 97B - how does the possibly worst team beat hurst 7-0 and win over Barcelona? W

Soccer Taxi: My opinion is based on what I have seen over several months. Barcelona over the last year has been inconsistent at best. They are a hard team to judge by. When they play as team and don't argue with coach, they are good. But more times then not they cut their own throat with lack of discipline.

Millenium is no favorite of mine. I don't believe the coach has any class and their team is one demionsional. They haven't improved in years. I was actually shocked you lost to them.

TFC isn't what they think they are. They have two really good strikers, average midfield, and weak defense. They were playing with back up 3rd string keeper who I believe played well. Coaching on this team is less than impressive.

My opinion is based on what I feel the teams you have played brought to the table. I thought you did have opportunites against TFC and suprised you couldn't get it done with both starting and back up keepers missing. Barcelona is unpreditcable in level of play and Millenium won't get better. I also felt watching your team depth was an issue. Big drop when going into bench. With all of these factors I formed my opinion. It is just an opinion, and I meant nothing bad. I wish you and your team all the best this season. You may prove me wrong?

That's impressive. I haven't seen one post slam so many teams at once. And then you look to be from ASG. Do a lot of recruiting for the team? First impression - a**hole parent(s?).

kickit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 9/13/2011, 11:36 am

kickit wrote:
ASG '97B wrote:

That's impressive. I haven't seen one post slam so many teams at once. And then you look to be from ASG. Do a lot of recruiting for the team? First impression - a**hole parent(s?).

My first impression isn't that it's a parent at all actually...from reading previous posts - ASG '97B gives play by plays on lots of games on any given weekend...I don't know many parents who park themselves at the fields every Saturday and Sunday. Of course...they'll probably tell me I'm wrong again as they've done a couple of times on this thread Smile
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 9/13/2011, 11:40 am

ASG 97B wrote "My opinion is based on what I feel the teams you have played brought to the table."

Really? then the 'possibly worst team" comment was based the four teams we have played and not any assessment of the rest of the field? Real GP is 0-2, Alliance United is 0-3-1.

Of the 6 teams that have 4 games, they are separated by 4 points - pretty tight race so far. If Amarillo gets to 4 games with wins (likely), and FC Tlapehuala does the same (possible), then second place, and the promotion opportunity is one win away from 4 teams, including the strikers.

I don't think there is even a place for a debate on who is the worst given which teams have won over each other so far. I'll stick with my predictions that Amarillo is the team to beat and everyone else is in the fight.
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 9/13/2011, 3:17 pm

It's about time we got some good friendly bantering. This forum was getting boring... leave it to 1 or 2 to get everyone else fired up.

lol!
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by batman 9/13/2011, 3:27 pm

I sure dont like the targets being placed on our backs (Amarillo Lightning) 2 games into the season. Yes, we had a good weekend last weekend, but i dont think the other teams are ready to lay down and give us the title now. We have 16 more games to play and i know every game is going to be a big challenge. Good luck to all.

batman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by penalty kick 9/14/2011, 12:03 pm

Who is this ASG? How can you watch so many games? Ref? Perhaps former coach of a D3 squad now perhaps manager of Dave's team.

penalty kick
penalty kick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 9/14/2011, 10:26 pm

penalty kick wrote:Who is this ASG? How can you watch so many games? Ref? Perhaps former coach of a D3 squad now perhaps manager of Dave's team.

I doubt seriously that this person has any current affiliation with ASG(now merged in with Andromeda), and probably never did. I know our current manager does not have any dogs in any of those fights and would have no interest in "Game of the week ALSC vs Millenum." Whoever this person is seems to have a long history with these ex Arlington teams.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ASG '97B 9/16/2011, 9:14 am

penalty kick wrote:Who is this ASG? How can you watch so many games? Ref? Perhaps former coach of a D3 squad now perhaps manager of Dave's team.

Seems as if I have stirred up a hornet's nest. I find it funny that everyone wonders who I am? I have been registered on this forum for almost a year now, which is why my sign in name is still ASG '97B. My son does currently play for Andromeda in Div I, and I am not the manager. I do referee games throughout the Dallas area and even with the classic league. I do spend a fair amount of time watching games because I find it relaxing.

The reason I am so familiar with some of the teams is my nephew played against ALSC and Millenimum in the Arlington League when he played for Lightning Black. ALSC has been a favorite of mine for some time due to the style and and skill they play with. Players, parents, manager and coach have class. This small club is from the Texas Panhandle, and has lots of teams throughout boys and girls classic leagues. Every one of their teams play with a high level of technique and skill, therefore I think this says something for their program. I have had several other nephews and neices who played through the Plano league therefore giving me familarity with Monterrey (Div II), CDI and others.

I have personally found this Division to be the most competitive and interesting for the past 3 seasons. Division I and II have their battles, but week in week out it doesn't provide the battles this division does. As I stated, mine are just opinions and I wish everyone a great season.

ASG '97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 9/16/2011, 6:35 pm

ASG '97B wrote:

Seems as if I have stirred up a hornet's nest. I find it funny that everyone wonders who I am? I have been registered on this forum for almost a year now, which is why my sign in name is still ASG '97B. My son does currently play for Andromeda in Div I, and I am not the manager. I do referee games throughout the Dallas area and even with the classic league. I do spend a fair amount of time watching games because I find it relaxing.

The reason I am so familiar with some of the teams is my nephew played against ALSC and Millenimum in the Arlington League when he played for Lightning Black. ALSC has been a favorite of mine for some time due to the style and and skill they play with. Players, parents, manager and coach have class. This small club is from the Texas Panhandle, and has lots of teams throughout boys and girls classic leagues. Every one of their teams play with a high level of technique and skill, therefore I think this says something for their program. I have had several other nephews and neices who played through the Plano league therefore giving me familarity with Monterrey (Div II), CDI and others.

I have personally found this Division to be the most competitive and interesting for the past 3 seasons. Division I and II have their battles, but week in week out it doesn't provide the battles this division does. As I stated, mine are just opinions and I wish everyone a great season.

I have been with the ASG-Andromeda team for a number of years and I am calling BS that you are associated with this team. From a previous post you said are from Admarillo, that you are a D2 college coach, and you are hired to do recruiting for D1 and D2 college teams. I have no idea what is true or not, but an Andromeda D1 97 parent you are not. Some of your quotes are below.

"Soccerrus2, u are very correct in stating that most players are going to Division II schools or Division III schools. You are also very correct in stating that academics is the most important factor in recieving scholarships. But, as a former AD for Division I Junior College, and current asistant coach for a Div II College, soccer scholarship money is very available for those players who can play, and achieve in the classroom. In fact, we have more money available to us as coaches to offer these scholarships than ever before. With regards to Amarillo Lightning, all but 1 of their players have gone Division II, and that player went Div I (all girls so far). The '94B team will be the first boys team to graduate from their program. We'll have to see how it all turns out.

I also agree soccerrus2 that players should play for the love of the game. As a parent I sure don't discourage my child, in fact push my child to try and get all the available money in the scholarship form to help me pay for his education. If my son wasn't going to play in college, or I didn't believe there was a way to get the scholarship help, I could find a way for him to play soccer (for the love of the game) without the expense and policts of club soccer.

Soccerus2, I am not a recruiter for Midwestern. I have been hired occasionally by several Universities (Division I and II) to recruit. But currently I am an assistant coach with the college, while pursuing my PhD."
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ASG '97B 9/17/2011, 2:37 pm

eagle wrote:
ASG '97B wrote:

I have been with the ASG-Andromeda team for a number of years and I am calling BS that you are associated with this team. From a previous post you said are from Admarillo, that you are a D2 college coach, and you are hired to do recruiting for D1 and D2 college teams. I have no idea what is true or not, but an Andromeda D1 97 parent you are not. Some of your quotes are below.

"Soccerrus2, u are very correct in stating that most players are going to Division II schools or Division III schools. You are also very correct in stating that academics is the most important factor in recieving scholarships. But, as a former AD for Division I Junior College, and current asistant coach for a Div II College, soccer scholarship money is very available for those players who can play, and achieve in the classroom. In fact, we have more money available to us as coaches to offer these scholarships than ever before. With regards to Amarillo Lightning, all but 1 of their players have gone Division II, and that player went Div I (all girls so far). The '94B team will be the first boys team to graduate from their program. We'll have to see how it all turns out.

I also agree soccerrus2 that players should play for the love of the game. As a parent I sure don't discourage my child, in fact push my child to try and get all the available money in the scholarship form to help me pay for his education. If my son wasn't going to play in college, or I didn't believe there was a way to get the scholarship help, I could find a way for him to play soccer (for the love of the game) without the expense and policts of club soccer.

Soccerus2, I am not a recruiter for Midwestern. I have been hired occasionally by several Universities (Division I and II) to recruit. But currently I am an assistant coach with the college, while pursuing my PhD."

Eagle, all of the above statements are correct. I am currently with Andromeda, and I was assisting with a Div II college while finishing my PhD. I lived in Amarillo for about two years while doing an intern program at BWTX Pantex. I have family and friends in the Amarillo area. I am also a referee, a father, an uncle, and full time employed. My opinions are just opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs. Good luck to all this upcoming weekend. Hope the rain doesn't cancel games.

ASG '97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit 9/17/2011, 6:46 pm

Strange that you claim to be with Andro yet only post in D3 which doesn't have any team from Andro. Liar.

kickit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by penalty kick 9/18/2011, 11:15 am

ASG97 very impressive resume but, i don't think you will be adding the father of the year award. Missing your own sons game to watch the ALSC game?

Schedule 9/10/11
2:00 PM ANDROMEDA FC 97B RED (KUNITZ) 1 FORT WORTH FC 97B WHITE (HUDSON) 0 Richland #01

2:00 PM TFC 97B BLUE (FOSTER) 1 AMARILLO LIGHTNING SC 97B (ROBINSON) 4 Pizza Hut Park #06

penalty kick
penalty kick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ASG '97B 9/20/2011, 4:17 pm

kickit wrote:Strange that you claim to be with Andro yet only post in D3 which doesn't have any team from Andro. Liar.

Didn't know you had to have a team in a certain Division to enjoy watching. I have several aquaintances in this Division and believe as I said earlier, that this division week in week out provides best competition. I watch Lake Highlands games as well and have no child in this league. I go to professional basketball, football, and soccer games yet don't have anyone playing. Don't know where you're going with this. Name calling, real mature. Obviously your a person of little intelligence and even smaller testicles.

Penalty Kick, never claimed to be father of the year. Job dictates I am in different parts of Dallas depending on time of day or weekend.

ASG '97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by penalty kick 9/20/2011, 5:09 pm

ASG '97B wrote:
kickit wrote:Strange that you claim to be with Andro yet only post in D3 which doesn't have any team from Andro. Liar.

Didn't know you had to have a team in a certain Division to enjoy watching. I have several aquaintances in this Division and believe as I said earlier, that this division week in week out provides best competition. I watch Lake Highlands games as well and have no child in this league. I go to professional basketball, football, and soccer games yet don't have anyone playing. Don't know where you're going with this. Name calling, real mature. Obviously your a person of little intelligence and even smaller testicles.

Penalty Kick, never claimed to be father of the year. Job dictates I am in different parts of Dallas depending on time of day or weekend.

So far it's the only thing you haven't claimed. Job dictates? Which job makes you miss your son’s game but, never any D3 games especially Amarillo games. Would it be your job as a referee? No, wait your job as a college recruiter? No, wait not that one it's probably your job as an assistant coach for a college? No, wait I bet it's your job as a stalker in the Lake Highlands league? No, no, probably the one you have in the field where you earned your doctorate? No, that's not it. I bet it's the job you have posting BS on this forum wishing you where any of the things you claim to be

Last edited by penalty kick on 9/21/2011, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
penalty kick
penalty kick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit 9/20/2011, 6:14 pm

ASG '97 (the real one) - when are you going to address all of these accusations about the different games you watch that can't be seen at the same time? Be specific to how you travel faster than Santa to get back and forth to the games that conflict on times/locations with each other and with the team you say your son is on. Kinda leaves us to believe that you be making stuff up all along...

kickit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2