Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 talent Vs. 96 talent Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 talent Vs. 96 talent

+8
Ibystander
soccerrus2
Marvin
go99
Slakemoth
hookem
t5house
Texas FC
12 posters

Go down

99 talent Vs. 96 talent Empty 99 talent Vs. 96 talent

Post by Texas FC 9/10/2009, 1:46 pm

Where the 96's as talanted and the 99's are? Are kids getting better at this sport with each year?
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

99 talent Vs. 96 talent Empty Re: 99 talent Vs. 96 talent

Post by t5house 9/10/2009, 2:02 pm

Well I would like to say that it's because the younger academy coaches are focusing on individual skill and 1v1's...........not enough are!

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 9/10/2009, 2:11 pm

t5house wrote:Well I would like to say that it's because the younger academy coaches are focusing on individual skill and 1v1's...........not enough are!
Individual skills and 1v1 is great, but soccer is a team sport. Teams skills need to be taught as well. If all you teach is individual skill, the team suffers.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/10/2009, 2:26 pm

I'm going to say that the talent and development is about the same... but the burn-out and drop-out rate of the 99s will be much greater...

a huge part of "running the marathon" that is the world of club soccer is to keep the kids excited and interested in the sport...development is increased when the kids are focused and having fun with the sport.... playing around and being allowed to explore. The younger kids today are burning out after 4 years of intense, results-driven soccer heaved upon them before they even get to the actual "official" signing year of the U11's. Not to mention being pulled out of rec play where the true superstars can use the games to develop, shine and work on skills.

North Texas has been criticized by the college recruiters for churning out physically strong players, but players that lack creativity and the ability to think in the game... I feel our current system begins to strip any seeds of creativity even earlier...

My kid is a 96. Academy was new and treated much differently those 4 years ago.... I believe it was a benefit to her... I don't know that I feel it is the same today....so I guess my official opinion is that pound for pound, and long term vision, I'm gonna go with the 96's
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/10/2009, 2:37 pm

kudos, I like what you are saying and agree. I am gonna say the 99's are better because my son in a 99 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_lol . Actually I think the 99 D1 group is the most competative top to bottom of any of the age groups.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 9/10/2009, 2:52 pm

go99 wrote:kudos, I like what you are saying and agree. I am gonna say the 99's are better because my son in a 99 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_lol . Actually I think the 99 D1 group is the most competative top to bottom of any of the age groups.
let us see if we can get a 99 v 96 tourney...lol
j/k
would be ineteresting to see though..
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/10/2009, 3:00 pm

Seems to me that the level is better in the 2000 (than the 99). In my local rec association it is obvious at least. I don't know if it will translate in the academy, this year will tell...Thanks for the creativity advise, I think it is critical too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin 9/10/2009, 3:10 pm

go99 wrote:kudos, I like what you are saying and agree. I am gonna say the 99's are better because my son in a 99 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_lol . Actually I think the 99 D1 group is the most competative top to bottom of any of the age groups.
And that assertion is based on what?

Marvin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 9/10/2009, 3:17 pm

What a joke. Get out of the pre puberty ranks and come see some of the older boys matches and tell me if you have the same opinion.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/10/2009, 3:39 pm

I'm going to respond a bit differently than the others... If you think your kids games are fun now.. just wait til they are 4 years older.... trust me, it gets better and more exciting every year
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/10/2009, 3:49 pm

Slakemoth wrote:

I'm going to respond a bit differently than the others... If you think your kids games are fun now.. just wait til they are 4 years older.... trust me, it gets better and more exciting every year
Nope, the best ones are the peewee ones. Never missed my 6-yr-old's game, yet! 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Drunken_smilie
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/10/2009, 3:51 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
What a joke. Get out of the pre puberty ranks and come see some of the older boys matches and tell me if you have the same opinion.
I have! got a cousin playing in the D1 98 ranks D1 97 ranks and D1 96 ranks and i think everybody knows him as "00" that use to play with DTR been watching for years now and hands down the 99' has the overall better talent in not one of those age groups mentioned was the competition as fierce as the 99' in total !!! you wanna see creativity? watch the DTS fowards or the FCD(suarez) kid, but every top team has players that make creative plays with confidence something I have only seen in the U16 academy level so far! 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/10/2009, 3:55 pm

Ibystander wrote:
Nope, the best ones are the peewee ones. Never missed my 6-yr-old's game, yet! 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Drunken_smilie

yup, they can dribble the field, then run for a post game snack like nobody can...

best quote ever from one of U6 players... "I used to be a much better player when I was younger, but now I'm slowing down and taking it easy these days"
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/10/2009, 4:27 pm

I have a better quote from one of my U7. It is his first game of his third season. He comes to me saying " Coach, I went to the dentist yesterday and he pulled my tooth out. And Coach, I don't know what to do anymore. Can you tell me ?"Isn't that the best ?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 9/11/2009, 8:06 am

omega striker wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
I have! got a cousin playing in the D1 98 ranks D1 97 ranks and D1 96 ranks and i think everybody knows him as "00" that use to play with DTR been watching for years now and hands down the 99' has the overall better talent in not one of those age groups mentioned was the competition as fierce as the 99' in total !!! you wanna see creativity? watch the DTS fowards or the FCD(suarez) kid, but every top team has players that make creative plays with confidence something I have only seen in the U16 academy level so far! 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_cool
If you think '96 are the older group...you are a newb!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 9/11/2009, 8:36 am

gababa wrote:I have a better quote from one of my U7. It is his first game of his third season. He comes to me saying " Coach, I went to the dentist yesterday and he pulled my tooth out. And Coach, I don't know what to do anymore. Can you tell me ?"Isn't that the best ?

hahaha... nice... now there's a good thread.. "brilliant quotes heard on the soccer field"

my youngest (Cool called me at work yesterday after she got home from school.. Her U9 team was having their first game on the "bigger field" last night... So she calls me and says "Dad, I'm really concerned that none of us understand this offsides thing".. I laughed out loud and assured her that I would explain it to everyone before the game and it would be fine...
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/11/2009, 8:40 am

Slakemoth wrote:
gababa wrote:I have a better quote from one of my U7. It is his first game of his third season. He comes to me saying " Coach, I went to the dentist yesterday and he pulled my tooth out. And Coach, I don't know what to do anymore. Can you tell me ?"Isn't that the best ?

hahaha... nice... now there's a good thread.. "brilliant quotes heard on the soccer field"

my youngest (Cool called me at work yesterday after she got home from school.. Her U9 team was having their first game on the "bigger field" last night... So she calls me and says "Dad, I'm really concerned that none of us understand this offsides thing".. I laughed out loud and assured her that I would explain it to everyone before the game and it would be fine...
That would make a great thread! My 4-yr-old to his goalkeeper, " Who's team are you on? Who's team are you on? why didn't you stop that goal?"
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/11/2009, 9:05 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
If you think '96 are the older group...you are a newb!
did you even stop to read the title to this thread? it might help you understand my comments? 99 talent Vs. 96 talent Icon_rolleyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 5:14 pm

Creativity is a gift. Some players have it, most don't. Athleticism fills the void. Talented players can understand a system, play well within it and think as they play. Ultimately, the program with the better system wins.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/17/2009, 6:11 pm

taylortoons wrote:Creativity is a gift. Some players have it, most don't. Athleticism fills the void. Talented players can understand a system, play well within it and think as they play. Ultimately, the program with the better system wins.
So everyone. What is defined as CREATIVITY. I bet everyone has a differnet definition. Mine might be different that Go's and taylortoons. In fact I know mine is different than Go becasue I am European and he is South American. Our styles are different while we view the game.
Creativity is not neccesarily being the faster and quickest player on the field.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 7:56 pm

Fast and quick is not necessarily creative, but can be athletic. Creative players are unpredictable because their pattern of play varies. That definition translates to any country or style of play. Like yourself, I have played in other countries, with and against, truly creative players. They can be found on both sides of the ball as well. But are rare.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/17/2009, 9:08 pm

Slakemoth wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

yup, they can dribble the field, then run for a post game snack like nobody can...

best quote ever from one of U6 players... "I used to be a much better player when I was younger, but now I'm slowing down and taking it easy these days"

LOL! I would agree with Slake - the older they are, the better. I really enjoy watching the 5 and unders, but it's not soccer - it's just playtime (nephews only lifetime goal was a shot off his arse while he was picking paint off the goalpost). I'd rather listen to '99s comments than '96s - as one would be entertaining, the other would be flat out scary.
I've watched lots of '96 and '99 games. The top of '99 (top two, that is) is very, very good - the bottom teams are on a par or even lower than what I've witnessed in '96s, '97s and '98s. I've noticed in most years there are 2 good teams, 4-6 very even and 2-3 that should have been relegated prior to the season starting. The '97 group had a very tough U11 year with any team winning on any given Saturday - I hope it's the same for the '99s as it makes the weekend full of fun outcomes. I just don't see a competive game between, say number 2 and number 7 in the '99s.
Very hard to judge - the '99s are pups at this point - the '96 year has some very good nationally strong players - it's just not that easy to determine if any '99s will be that advanced in three years. My hunch is 'yes', but you just don't know as the top dogs could quit the sport entirely (it has happened before). Logic tells me the better kids will be even better with every year that passes - of course, it's looking like all the kids will have a BMI of 67 a decade from now as well.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down