Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Recommendation for good private skills?   Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Recommendation for good private skills?

+17
bunited
plantit
Freeatlast
Ibystander
krowdkontrol
donovansucks
allgood
madisonmyers
wetgrass
finish1
slampg
What
Soccerinsanity
odie1993
SoccerGenius99
newparent
4theluvofthegame
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recommendation for good private skills?   Empty Recommendation for good private skills?

Post by 4theluvofthegame 9/27/2011, 10:10 am

I have an 04 boy that I am looking to have them get some additional private skills. Any recommendations that you have? I live in the Frisco/Plano area btw.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for good private skills?   Empty Re: Recommendation for good private skills?

Post by newparent 9/27/2011, 10:20 am

Make the drive to Ferdie: FerdieSoccerMagic.com

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for good private skills?   Empty Re: Recommendation for good private skills?

Post by SoccerGenius99 9/27/2011, 10:29 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:I have an 04 boy that I am looking to have them get some additional private skills. Any recommendations that you have? I live in the Frisco/Plano area btw.

There are several coaches who are very good at developing young talent.
Reagan Angell
John Gall
Wilco
Gabby Gentile
etc.

You would need to check with these individual coaches to see if they provide private lessons.
SoccerGenius99
SoccerGenius99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 9/27/2011, 10:35 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:I have an 04 boy that I am looking to have them get some additional private skills. Any recommendations that you have? I live in the Frisco/Plano area btw.

I know Toto at TFC is offering private lessons. here is a link to his bio. he is doing private lessons for one of the boys on our team and it is quickly showing on the pitch.

http://texasfootballclub.com/index.php?page=18711
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/27/2011, 11:40 am

FERDIE...not only are his skills great, but he's about the kids loving soccer. If they do something good, it's "good." If they do something not so great, they get an "unlucky, try again."
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by What 9/27/2011, 11:45 am

Recommend juggling in the backyard it’s free and fun.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 9/27/2011, 2:46 pm

SoccerGenius99 wrote:

There are several coaches who are very good at developing young talent.
Reagan Angell
John Gall
Wilco
Gabby Gentile
etc.

You would need to check with these individual coaches to see if they provide private lessons.

I'd definitely throw Jon Waters into that group of strong developers of skills.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/27/2011, 3:18 pm

What wrote:Recommend juggling in the backyard it’s free and fun.

Exactly. Take it one step further and practice soccer with him. Go to your local school and do shooting drills into the net. Finish bouncing balls in the box. Play 1v1 with him. Work on dribbling with the toe down and touch the ball every step. Learn the inside/outside move. Do rollovers. Watch soccer games on tv together.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by wetgrass 9/27/2011, 3:25 pm

Buy some cones.

wetgrass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 9/27/2011, 3:26 pm

finish1 wrote:
What wrote:Recommend juggling in the backyard it’s free and fun.

Exactly. Take it one step further and practice soccer with him. Go to your local school and do shooting drills into the net. Finish bouncing balls in the box. Play 1v1 with him. Work on dribbling with the toe down and touch the ball every step. Learn the inside/outside move. Do rollovers. Watch soccer games on tv together.

and do not forget to show him the ever important toe poke...

odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by madisonmyers 9/27/2011, 4:46 pm

Ferdie is amazing. He teaches the kids to love soccer. He has this thing where he tests if they are listening where he says "Cool beans" and they're supposed to respond "Hot rice." He started my son juggling and he hasn't stopped since. He is off Midway and 635 though at Sole Roll for indoor and does different clinics around mostly in the summer. I understand he rates the kids on a points system for different skills.
madisonmyers
madisonmyers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allgood 10/12/2011, 2:08 pm

Ferdie Soccer Magic is absolutely the BEST; my BB cannot get enough of his skills and camps. I hear he will be doing his skills sessions in Richardson near Arapaho and Greenville starting Oct. 30. It's not on his website yet but should be within a few days. He is also starting a 3v3 league this winter; my BB can't wait!

allgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks 10/13/2011, 10:12 am

Danny Depauw at Ayses is great. Sunday is dedicated to skills and street soccer at Fairview Soccer Park.

www.ayses.com

donovansucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allgood 10/13/2011, 10:14 am

Yes, Danny is great, and he also works for Ferdie. Very Happy

allgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 10/13/2011, 11:48 am

donovansucks wrote:Danny Depauw at Ayses is great. Sunday is dedicated to skills and street soccer at Fairview Soccer Park.

www.ayses.com

Can anyone attend or do they have to be affiliated with Ayses?
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/13/2011, 12:12 pm

I'll probably get a thousand stabs in the back for this, but I heard (from my BBs) that Marcio is really good.
We've also done Ferdie and Frank Memba. I'm trying to set up a "competitive" lol! group session with Frank for my 03.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 10/13/2011, 10:22 pm

Certainly! Find a large grassy area, about 30 yards square, get 4-5 soccer balls of the size your boy uses and some plastic cones. Go to iSoccer or get some Coerver videos and pick out various drills. And, if possible, obtain a couple of your boy's buddies who enjoy soccer. Take the boy(s) to the grassy area as often as you can.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/14/2011, 12:08 am

Here's one for free..

Have your bb stand in front of a concrete wall , kick the ball at it , as it bounces off the wall have him control it( both feet) (inside , outside) . REPEAT 500 to 1000 times . Have him do it both attacking the ball and fainting away from the ball killing it at his feet each time . Skills won't mean crap if he constantly chases his own poor touch. Just watch half the kids in CL. Big,Fast, Strong, Very few possess a soft touch or any finess with the ball. Less than 1/4 can pass a ball correctly with the correct pace . Less than 1/4 possess a quality receiving touch. Two of the most important factors to a controling/ball movement, possession game. In otherwords The EPL style of play.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 10/14/2011, 7:31 am

Ibystander wrote:I'll probably get a thousand stabs in the back for this, but I heard (from my BBs) that Marcio is really good.

Smurfie, you crack me up!
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/14/2011, 8:20 am

not every kid is going to be a ball wizard. Just the way it is. That doesn't mean that you don't try to be the best 1v1 attacker you can be. Today's u10 striker is tomorrow's defensive mid, outside back.

However, the most important skill (and is neglected by the majority of players) is receiving/first touch. A poor first touch is the kiss of death...all other things being equal.

I've noticed over the years that the overwhelming majority of players are 'one trick ponies'. They may be great dribblers, but they are horribly deficient in other areas of the game. They may have a plethora of fancy flicks and 1v1 moves, but most of the time they lack the tactical awareness to use those tricks in a smart way.

Usually it's defending, finishing, vision/tactical awareness and almost always a poor first touch.

I personally think most players have a poor first touch because perfecting that skill involves a lot of boring, repetitive, mundane work. Like banging a ball off of a wall for 45 minutes a day.

And most kids, especially in the US, don't want to put in the work.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 10/14/2011, 9:08 am

Laimport wrote:not every kid is going to be a ball wizard. Just the way it is. That doesn't mean that you don't try to be the best 1v1 attacker you can be. Today's u10 striker is tomorrow's defensive mid, outside back.

However, the most important skill (and is neglected by the majority of players) is receiving/first touch. A poor first touch is the kiss of death...all other things being equal.

I've noticed over the years that the overwhelming majority of players are 'one trick ponies'. They may be great dribblers, but they are horribly deficient in other areas of the game. They may have a plethora of fancy flicks and 1v1 moves, but most of the time they lack the tactical awareness to use those tricks in a smart way.

Usually it's defending, finishing, vision/tactical awareness and almost always a poor first touch.

-------------------------

That's when parents should take the time to hang out and play with their BB

I personally think most players have a poor first touch because perfecting that skill involves a lot of boring, repetitive, mundane work. Like banging a ball off of a wall for 45 minutes a day.

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/14/2011, 12:04 pm

Laimport wrote:not every kid is going to be a ball wizard. Just the way it is. That doesn't mean that you don't try to be the best 1v1 attacker you can be. Today's u10 striker is tomorrow's defensive mid, outside back.

Did you just plegerize me ? Or agree with me ?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/14/2011, 12:05 pm

I'll go with 'agree' for 500 Alex...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/14/2011, 12:08 pm

Laimport wrote:I'll go with 'agree' for 500 Alex...

The daily double !!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 10/14/2011, 8:38 pm

Thank you everyone on the FIRST TOUCH / RECEIVING the ball insight.

I value the knowledge and will put it to work.

What good is the Cryuff /Maradona/pull back/ rollover/ feint ..if one cannot receive the ball in motion and control it and have a good first touch ...THANK YOU ALL

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next