Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U-11 practices - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-11 practices

+11
arsenalfan
cityslicker61
scrmum
plantit
playhard
sillymom
omega striker
Slakemoth
go99
Ibystander
Ironman67
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U-11 practices - Page 2 Empty Re: U-11 practices

Post by Tequilapark 9/14/2009, 12:31 pm

Can someone please explain the definition of "burn - out"? I see alot of people use the term, it seems to me that there are many different situations that are labeled burn out.

Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/14/2009, 2:56 pm

taylortoons wrote:Between my two BBs, we practice Monday-Friday. Games are Saturdays and Sundays. We love this stuff and can't get enough of it! My yongest played yesterday and clobbered a team 20-1. I couldn't keep the kids out of the net and rotated the whole team evey 5 minutes. BTW- The US will win the World Cup! The kids of our kids will do it!!!
Maybe even our kids?
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/14/2009, 3:39 pm

Tequilapark wrote:Can someone please explain the definition of "burn - out"? I see alot of people use the term, it seems to me that there are many different situations that are labeled burn out.
For the purpose of this discussion, having so much work that the fun is taken out of the game. When it gets to the point where the BB doesn't want to go to practice I would say we are approaching the "burn-out" stage. I refuse to allow that to happen and personally boycott a couple practices a week. Two or three days/week plus a game or two is plenty for a ten yr old IMHO. One of the other posters on this thread said there is a major difference between playing "pick-up" games with friends and I would add to that, playing with your dad in the backyard, vs structured practices, game film and scrimmages.
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/14/2009, 3:42 pm

Ibystander wrote:If your BB LOVES soccer, then I doubt he'll be burnt out. Mine practices twice a week, from 6-7:45. He also takes private lessons twice a week, an hour per lesson. Whenever he gets out of line, I punish him by not taking him to private lessons. We saw results right away after the first lesson...Confidence on the field.
Who, may I ask, is doing the private lessons for you? I am seriously considering having my BB play with his middle school team next year and pulling out of the club but would still consider doing some one-on-one a couple times a week.
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/14/2009, 3:58 pm

scrmum wrote:Does the kid like it? In Texas, we have 2nd and 3rd graders practicing American football 4-5 nights a week for 1-2 hours, and they don't seem to get burned out. The most any of my kids ever practiced soccer was 3 nights a week until high school, where it's 5 days a week at school plus 2-3 practices per week with the club team. No sign of burnout there, either.
I think when they were younger, the boys sometimes had 4 practices in the summer or between seasons, but at least one each week consisted of fun small sided make-it, take-it. I think those practices are the U.S.'s answer to the South Americans playing in the street. It's hard to find a pick-up game for 10 year olds where we live, so the coaches just pretty much organize it, call it a practice, and let the kids play.
As for 5 organized, drill oriented practices--yuck!

Soccer is his first love! He talks about being pro some day. That is a long way from now but I let him dream because dreamers are world changers! He has good sports genetics from both parents so you just never know. He played tackle football with a select team that won the superbowl in his first year and lost the superbowl in a close game the next. The reason I was never concerned about "burn-out" there was because we practiced five nights a week but you always knew it was just for a season. Soccer never ends so there are no breaks in the action. Again, I wouldn't be concerned if we were practicing within the norm but I had a strong feeling, based on the performance of the players from both sides in games, that we were not and it appears I was correct. We did two-a-days prior to QT and I felt that was fine because we knew it was short term and it was summer anyway so there weren't a lot of other responsibilities for the BB at that point. I have had other parents voice concerns to me and wanted a little validation. Thanks for the feedback!
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/14/2009, 4:44 pm

Two a days ??? Five a week . Run before he gets too attached. It will lead to burnout without a doubt . Talk about trying to suck the passion for the game right out of a player. Yes high school does it but only for the season and they are not 10 and 11 years old.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/14/2009, 5:00 pm

my2cents wrote:Two a days ??? Five a week . Run before he gets too attached. It will lead to burnout without a doubt . Talk about trying to suck the passion for the game right out of a player. Yes high school does it but only for the season and they are not 10 and 11 years old.
Thanks for the feedback 2 cents. Love to stay and chat, but I gotta go to practice. Yes, we have practice tonight! Go figure.
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/23/2009, 9:06 am

Ironman67 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:If your BB LOVES soccer, then I doubt he'll be burnt out. Mine practices twice a week, from 6-7:45. He also takes private lessons twice a week, an hour per lesson. Whenever he gets out of line, I punish him by not taking him to private lessons. We saw results right away after the first lesson...Confidence on the field.
Who, may I ask, is doing the private lessons for you? I am seriously considering having my BB play with his middle school team next year and pulling out of the club but would still consider doing some one-on-one a couple times a week.

Sorry to take so long, but had to ask for his permission to post this. We tried out three different trainers and both kids and Dad prefer Frank. 404-259-5281. I guarantee you'll see results within the first two weeks, or your child back!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/23/2009, 10:13 am

Ibystander wrote:
Ironman67 wrote:

Sorry to take so long, but had to ask for his permission to post this. We tried out three different trainers and both kids and Dad prefer Frank. 404-259-5281. I guarantee you'll see results within the first two weeks, or your child back!
Is it really necessary to go to Atlanta for private sessions? U-11 practices - Page 2 Icon_razz
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman67 9/28/2009, 8:13 am

Ibystander wrote:
Ironman67 wrote:

Thanks Smurf! Are you sure about the area code? That is a long way from here. U-11 practices - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2