Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Week 7 predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 7 predictions

+11
ALaMadre10
futbolesvida
Freeatlast
omega striker
merlin
wahbs
98observer
rqps
TxHunter
Big Swoosh
Laimport
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 7 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 7 predictions

Post by TxHunter 10/25/2011, 11:41 am

I hope you are right and that your team fares well - I have always liked the fact that this age group has many smaller clubs and independents represented. In any sport it is always easier for a team to get up to play a higher ranked or higher seeded team than the other way around.

I have no doubts that your team should playing at a higher level and the whole classic league seeding places too much importance on what you do at U11 Qualifying tournament. Looking at your record against Classic 1 teams you are 1-0-2. Beat TFC Royal and lost to RM and Tigres.

I have BB's that have played at all levels. It doesn't matter the age group at the younger ages, but the Bigger Stronger Faster teams have a decided advantage over the more possession skilled teams. Possession teams play a prettier game and more enjoyable to watch, but that doesn't always equate to Win's and Losses.

The Fall Festival will be a good test, your team is not going to sneak up on anybody anymore and everyone will be ready for you. if you do well, hats off to your team, if you struggle, hats off as the team is still doing very well.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/25/2011, 12:02 pm

ALaMadre10 wrote:The only D1 team that has ever blown out Pachuca/Guameru was Tigres.
P/G tied FCDP, lost to RM 3-2 and beat Castro 4-1.They have beaten half the teams in D2, including the 1st place team 4-0 and have not lost any games in D3 or in Plano all of last year.

Everything I'm hearing today is exactly what 97 parents were saying bout Irving Elite, who are now in 1st place in D1 after promoting from Plano, I believe. That's why I'm saying,
the snobbery of D1 parents is extreme. I know, I used to be one. Higher club fees do not equate to higher quality play.

Wait for Texans Tourney. You will be pleasantly surprised.
lol dude your joking right? you sound like every other parent trying to justify the greatness of a certain team in a lower division, thing is this a team like pachuca/guameru is a core team with 1 or 2 main scorers, the TEAM is going to be structured around those players shut them down the team closes up shop! now alot of changes will happen each and every year in classic league teams especially the big clubs so they are alomost NEVER the same team from seasons past and its takes time for teams to GEL depending on players? PA hurt alot of the D1 teams this year,im willing to bet that team will lose their top players before they make D1 Shocked

oh and for what its worth this same team struggle to beat a "mid tier" 99 D1 team this past summer 2-1 so sometimes things can be that way just like teams will totally dominate another and miss 20 shots on goal and make 1 and then you have people thinking wow they only beat them 1-0 but does that show the quality of play? nope just nature of the beast.
and that irving elite team.... well they gobbled many D1 players from big clubs that are playing for free or next to nothing so dont go thinking thats a team that started together(same players) and just moved up! Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/25/2011, 1:00 pm

In the grand schemem of things, team results really don't mean that much anyway.

In fact, from a development standpoint, it's probably better to be a star or impact player on a d2, d3 or even a Plano team. Especially at U14 and below.

The idea is to develop more complete players. When you put a 12 yr old on a stacked team, they are usually given a certain role to play. Therefore they begin to play within themselves.

I guess it's okay to be the very best player on a top team, but everyone else probably loses the opportunity to develop other parts of their game.

People make the mistake of equating team success with individual player success....just because a kid is on a 'winning' team doesn't mean he's developing properly.

There are quality players outside of preacademy and d1.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Swoosh 10/25/2011, 1:30 pm

omega striker wrote:
ALaMadre10 wrote:The only D1 team that has ever blown out Pachuca/Guameru was Tigres.
P/G tied FCDP, lost to RM 3-2 and beat Castro 4-1.They have beaten half the teams in D2, including the 1st place team 4-0 and have not lost any games in D3 or in Plano all of last year.

Everything I'm hearing today is exactly what 97 parents were saying bout Irving Elite, who are now in 1st place in D1 after promoting from Plano, I believe. That's why I'm saying,
the snobbery of D1 parents is extreme. I know, I used to be one. Higher club fees do not equate to higher quality play.

Wait for Texans Tourney. You will be pleasantly surprised.
lol dude your joking right? you sound like every other parent trying to justify the greatness of a certain team in a lower division, thing is this a team like pachuca/guameru is a core team with 1 or 2 main scorers, the TEAM is going to be structured around those players shut them down the team closes up shop! now alot of changes will happen each and every year in classic league teams especially the big clubs so they are alomost NEVER the same team from seasons past and its takes time for teams to GEL depending on players? PA hurt alot of the D1 teams this year,im willing to bet that team will lose their top players before they make D1 Shocked

oh and for what its worth this same team struggle to beat a "mid tier" 99 D1 team this past summer 2-1 so sometimes things can be that way just like teams will totally dominate another and miss 20 shots on goal and make 1 and then you have people thinking wow they only beat them 1-0 but does that show the quality of play? nope just nature of the beast.
and that irving elite team.... well they gobbled many D1 players from big clubs that are playing for free or next to nothing so dont go thinking thats a team that started together(same players) and just moved up! Suspect

I’ve been called D1 snob an Elitist. With that being said, I still believe this is not the same Classic League from years past. The overall level of player talent and play is different. I believe i read on this site one of the teams even lost a National Team Pool Player. Pachuca/Guameru is a nice team. They basically have 3 main players. Number 10 is a special player, #13 & 3 are nice complimentary players some of the other players might be suspect against different talant levels.

Come here when you have played in the Top Divisions of some quality tournaments. Forget what I said don’t let the bastards get you down. I can understand how proud you are of your team….Keep believing in your team call your shots.

It’s a lot more fun to say I told you so.

I hope your team does well.
Big Swoosh
Big Swoosh
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/25/2011, 2:13 pm

Swoosh, I don't doubt what you're saying about CL being watered down. There's no question. It has to be. The bigger clubs in particular, have had to move lower level players up to fill the rosters.

Which is why I'm going to be making a change soon. Hard for me to justify the time and money spent playing against mediocre competition. I can appreciate what the coach is trying to "teach". But it is a step back as far as I'm concerned.

That said, a lot of world class professionals weren't always at the top of their age groups in their formative years. Messi was moved around a lot at barca between the top and bottom teams within their academy. (Yeah, I know this isn't Barca but the same logic applies here.)

Situations change. Not every kid is going to develop at the same rate.

I still maintain though that a lot of these "better players" are where they are due to physical maturation more so than anything else. (With a few exceptions...the ones that are physically mature AND footballers with technique and brains.)

The rest are 'role players' that have the advantage of early puberty.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 10/25/2011, 2:31 pm

ALaMadre10 wrote:Let's table this till after Texans Tournament.
And yes, surely you must mean the old Solar team.
There are two teams from D1 that would give this team problems,FCDP & Tigres.

That's a very bold statement that only 2 teams would give your team problems... Every team plays a little differently than the other, one teams style of play may trip you up and they may not even have better players. You have definitely put a bullseye on your team, hope you can back it up.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/25/2011, 4:29 pm

Well they had better win now, because within a year or so their couple of special players will have moved on to bigger and better opportunities.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by don'tknow 10/26/2011, 9:29 am

Guameru plays very well but everything goes through #10...very exceptional player...hopefully they will keep him since I've been hearing his name brought up several times by parents/coaches for next year's FCD U-16 academy.
don'tknow
don'tknow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/26/2011, 10:03 am

Why would you hope they keep him and limit his opportunites. I wish him the best and that he takes every opportunity avaliable
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by don'tknow 10/26/2011, 10:04 am

true
don'tknow
don'tknow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zorro 10/26/2011, 2:22 pm

go99 wrote:Well they had better win now, because within a year or so their couple of special players will have moved on to bigger and better opportunities.
isnt this the truth! and then after that it makes you wonder......what can these so called big clubs do for my son? they tell you this and that and give you great sales pitches hell some of these coaches should be car salesmen with all the crap they feed the kid and parents with promises of hopes and dreams only to being more like donkey doooooo.
Zorro
Zorro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/26/2011, 2:57 pm

You're right on the money! The money the coaches want!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/26/2011, 3:34 pm

Zorro wrote:
go99 wrote:Well they had better win now, because within a year or so their couple of special players will have moved on to bigger and better opportunities.
isnt this the truth! and then after that it makes you wonder......what can these so called big clubs do for my son? they tell you this and that and give you great sales pitches hell some of these coaches should be car salesmen with all the crap they feed the kid and parents with promises of hopes and dreams only to being more like donkey doooooo.

Well in the FCD's case how about having already played columbus crew and chicago fire for pre academy. Academy trips to spain etc. Direct line into the pro's. But that is all at the pre academy and academy levels. The BS line from the coaches is that if you play for FCD select then you will be on those teams. The reality is that if you learn to play better than your peers you will be able to play there. Once you hit that level it makes no sense to continue to play on your regular team independent or big club.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Zorro 10/26/2011, 10:18 pm

go99 wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Well in the FCD's case how about having already played columbus crew and chicago fire for pre academy. Academy trips to spain etc. Direct line into the pro's. But that is all at the pre academy and academy levels. The BS line from the coaches is that if you play for FCD select then you will be on those teams. The reality is that if you learn to play better than your peers you will be able to play there. Once you hit that level it makes no sense to continue to play on your regular team independent or big club.
FCD is full of s* and hayden is doing the same damn thing for them, the only coach/salesman better than him is the annoying runt blabber mouth from solar now that guy can sale a heater to souls in hell!
Zorro
Zorro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/27/2011, 9:33 am

Selling a dream when it involves your children is an easy sell to begin with.

The better players gravitating (eventually) to the big clubs is less about salesmanship and more of a 'bandwagon' effect.

At some point a player has to begin training with and competing against the best players possible. That's really the only logical reason to join a big club.

The development that occurs through the competition. It certainly isn't the coaching.

If you look at the return on investment, it is a joke anyway.

Usually only national pool players are getting full rides to major d1 college programs.

A small handful will get pro contracts coming out of these DA programs.

The majority of players, even if they end up playing professionally, don't reach that level until they are 20 or even older.

How many players that were superstars at 15, 17, etc. are great at 25? I read somewhere that 30% of the kids that go through Bradenton ever end up playing professionally.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2