Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime)

+10
Number13
ShastaTx
allen04
SDadX2
yellowboots
moveyourfeet
ricky jones
manuforu
bunited
4theluvofthegame
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime) Empty Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime)

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 8:37 am

With the fall seasons over and with two tournaments in back to back weeks. Thought it would be fun to start a thread on tournaments, predictions, and results.

4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime) Empty Re: Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime)

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 8:50 am

Here are my predictions for the Adidas Cup this weekend

Friday night games
Liverpool Merola vs Solar Red - hard fought game Solar Red handles them 5 to 2
SOLAR CHELSEA 04 (FARLEY) vs ANDROMEDA FC 04 (HILLER) - Andromeda went undefeated in the 2nd division in SDL, but will face their first 1st division team. Solar Chelsea wins 4 to 2

Saturday games

LEITE UNITED 04 (TXN) TFC 04 (VOLKAN) - just way too much fire power for Leite with all their guest players this weekend. Leite wins 5 to 1

LEITE UNITED 04 (TXN) LIVERPOOL 04 SOUNESS (MEROLA) (TXN) - similar story, Leite too much talent now with all their guest players/new additions. 8 to 1 Leite

SOLAR RED CHELSEA 04 (TXN) TFC 04 (VOLKAN) (TXN) - good battle here, both teams have good size, speed and aggresive. Solar Red wins 4 to 3

DALLAS TEXANS 04 (DENSK) vs LIVERPOOL 04 REINA - both teams are a bit of a mystery, Texans unsure how many guest players and Reina cause they spent the season in Primetime league. I think LP Reina wins 4 to 2

LIVERPOOL 04 REINA vs SOLAR CHELSEA 04 (FARLEY) - Solar Chelsea wins this one 2 to 1

1:50 PM DALLAS TEXANS 04 (DENSK) (TXN) ANDROMEDA FC 04 (HILLER) (TXN) - Andromeda too much speed, they win a close one 5 to 4

Sunday morning games
SOLAR RED CHELSEA 04 (TXN) LEITE UNITED 04 - This game decides who goes to the finals. Solar runs out of gas and Leite just too talented and deep. Leite wins 4 to 1.

TFC 04 (VOLKAN) (TXN) LIVERPOOL 04 SOUNESS (MEROLA) (TXN) - the battle of the winless teams - TFC wins this 6 to 3

SOLAR CHELSEA 04 (FARLEY) vs DALLAS TEXANS 04 (DENSK) - Solar Chelsea wins this one 3 to 0 and onto the finals

ANDROMEDA FC 04 (HILLER) (TXN) LIVERPOOL 04 REINA (TXN) - tie 3 to 3

Finals - Leite vs Solar Chelsea Farley - Leite wins 5 to 2. Leite and all their players (guest/new additions) and their strong on the ball skill prove too much.

4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime) Empty Re: Fall Tournaments (Adidas & Primetime)

Post by bunited 11/11/2011, 9:24 am

Just to clarify, LU have no guest players. All playing this weekend are members of team.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 9:28 am

I was calling them guest players since they are brand new additions to the team and didnt play for you all in SDL.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by manuforu 11/11/2011, 9:55 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:I was calling them guest players since they are brand new additions to the team and didnt play for you all in SDL.

Just wondering but why does it matter? Why call attention to that? I know in our girls academy team that players are constantly on the move. Isnt that to a certain degree what academy is all about - findinig that right fit?

manuforu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 10:09 am

manuforu wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:I was calling them guest players since they are brand new additions to the team and didnt play for you all in SDL.

Just wondering but why does it matter? Why call attention to that? I know in our girls academy team that players are constantly on the move. Isnt that to a certain degree what academy is all about - findinig that right fit?

Absolutely - part of the predictions I make is to understand the team that will be on the field for the tournament. For example Solar Red is down a couple players due to injuries, TFC is missing one of their top players due to injury as well. With Leite adding 4 top players to their roster right before this tournament it strengthens their team and positions them clearly as the favorite to win (and develop Smile ) this tournament.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by manuforu 11/11/2011, 10:15 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:
manuforu wrote:

Absolutely - part of the predictions I make is to understand the team that will be on the field for the tournament. For example Solar Red is down a couple players due to injuries, TFC is missing one of their top players due to injury as well. With Leite adding 4 top players to their roster right before this tournament it strengthens their team and positions them clearly as the favorite to win (and develop Smile ) this tournament.

How do you even know all of that information on various U8 teams - seriously? I barely know who will show up on my daughter's team each week. LOL You must be the U8 Chris Mortensen. Is there a current wagering line on any of the games? What a Face

manuforu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 10:19 am

More like Adam Schefter Razz

Nope no Jimmy the Greek betting lines here.

Guess this is what happens when you have too much time on your hands and work from home Wink
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 11/11/2011, 10:22 am

Really. Where do you get all this "inside" info, 4TL? We have only 2 new players for this tourney. If you want to know, ask the right people.

I seem to recall you were pretty miffed over teams who advanced in PLD while rostering "guests," so I find your use of the word in our case interesting. You can see why I may want to clarify. LU plans to roster two teams for D1 SDL for spring. That is why our roster is so heavy.

Anyone who is interested in filling any remaining spots, please PM me, not 4TL's Woodward and Bernstein.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 10:25 am

bunited wrote:Really. Where do you get all this "inside" info, 4TL? We have only 2 new players for this tourney. If you want to know, ask the right people.

I seem to recall you were pretty miffed over teams who advanced in PLD while rostering "guests," so I find your use of the word in our case interesting. You can see why I may want to clarify. LU plans to roster two teams for D1 SDL for spring. That is why our roster is so heavy.

Anyone who is interested in filling any remaining spots, please PM me, not 4TL's Woodward and Bernstein.

I only share info from the team sources, I was told 4, notice how I didnt reveal where they came from, don't want to stir up drama (I know shocker, but even I have limits). You arent the only parent on Leite United who has eyes & ears that I talk to. I know you are the most involved though queen
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 11/11/2011, 10:28 am

Rolling Eyes
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/11/2011, 10:03 pm

1 - 1 on my predictions so far. Just looked at score board and see solar red crushed Liverpool and andromeda beat up on solar Chelsea. Not surprised about solar red, but very surprised by andromeda. Anyone watch that game?

More great games tomorrow!
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/12/2011, 12:54 pm

3 and 1 so far. Got the LP reina vs texans game right on.

More games this afternoon. The wind is not fun!!!

4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky jones 11/12/2011, 1:31 pm

Whate was Leite / TFC Volkan score?
ricky jones
ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 11/12/2011, 4:30 pm

Helpful hint for the future play:

When you get your schedules posted, go to the event website.
In this case: http://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=19625
In the upper right hand side of the page will be a link that says "Get Scores"
Click it, choose the division/divisions you are interested in following.
Then enter your cell number and wireless carrier.
The scores will be texted to you as they are entered on Got Soccer.

The only problem that arises is when the scores are entered late, as they seem to be doing this tournament.

But I did see a text come through for Leite 4, TFC Volkan 1
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 11/13/2011, 10:14 pm

Kudos to Leite for winning the tournament! Roster is so talented and deep. Surprise team of the tournament was andromeda, anyone know if they had a bunch of guest players or is that their normal team?

Already looking forward to next weekend with odyssey, dynamo, solar red, solar Farley. Those 4 doing battle will be fun!
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 11/14/2011, 7:58 am

DSC played in 03 age group in OK this weekend and finished second. Very proud of the boys, lost 2-0 to 03 Texans in final.. Great game with lots of wind cheers

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 11/14/2011, 8:49 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:Kudos to Leite for winning the tournament! Roster is so talented and deep. Surprise team of the tournament was andromeda, anyone know if they had a bunch of guest players or is that their normal team?

Already looking forward to next weekend with odyssey, dynamo, solar red, solar Farley. Those 4 doing battle will be fun!

Congratulations to Leite as well. Hard to understand the tournament setup with no semi's, just straight to finals from each bracket. While some of the AR's and CR's have taken a bashing, I thought the ones who did our games were pretty good. Thought the one who did the SR / Leite game did a good job. Physical game and he seemed to keep it under control.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 11/14/2011, 8:52 am

yellowboots wrote:DSC played in 03 age group in OK this weekend and finished second. Very proud of the boys, lost 2-0 to 03 Texans in final.. Great game with lots of wind cheers

Congrats. Good showing for North Texas. Any good competition besides Texans? Also, how was the wind and weather up there?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 11/14/2011, 8:57 am

SDadX2 wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:Kudos to Leite for winning the tournament! Roster is so talented and deep. Surprise team of the tournament was andromeda, anyone know if they had a bunch of guest players or is that their normal team?

Congratulations to Leite as well. Hard to understand the tournament setup with no semi's, just straight to finals from each bracket. While some of the AR's and CR's have taken a bashing, I thought the ones who did our games were pretty good. Thought the one who did the SR / Leite game did a good job. Physical game and he seemed to keep it under control.

I would just like to add that I was impressed with the attitudes of the parents in all games. So many times the younger age groups can carry rowdy parents, especially from the larger clubs, but that was certainly not the case here. Great sportsmanship from kids and parents. A real joy ... for once!

Passionate, skillful bunch of kids on SR. Enjoyable to watch, even if I did need a Xanax (or two) afterward. Agree that lack of semis was confusing, but not as much as having U7 and U8 teams playing 7 v 7 on large-regulation 9 v 9 field at Railroad. affraid
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 11/14/2011, 8:58 am

SDadX2 wrote:
yellowboots wrote:DSC played in 03 age group in OK this weekend and finished second. Very proud of the boys, lost 2-0 to 03 Texans in final.. Great game with lots of wind cheers

Congrats. Good showing for North Texas. Any good competition besides Texans? Also, how was the wind and weather up there?

Hey, that's why we in NTX play in OK. To make sure they remember their place at the end of the day! lol!
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 11/14/2011, 9:11 am

bunited wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

I would just like to add that I was impressed with the attitudes of the parents in all games. So many times the younger age groups can carry rowdy parents, especially from the larger clubs, but that was certainly not the case here. Great sportsmanship from kids and parents. A real joy ... for once!

Passionate, skillful bunch of kids on SR. Enjoyable to watch, even if I did need a Xanax (or two) afterward. Agree that lack of semis was confusing, but not as much as having U7 and U8 teams playing 7 v 7 on large-regulation 9 v 9 field at Railroad. affraid

The Railroad field was huge. I liked the size of the Lake Park field, although it probably could have been a little smaller as well. It was a fun game between us.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 11/14/2011, 9:25 am

Agree that lack of semis was confusing, but not as much as having U7 and U8 teams playing 7 v 7 on large-regulation 9 v 9 field at Railroad.

THAT really stunk. Was also dissapointed to discover that Solar Farley played 8v8 in all their games; and despite having permission to play 8v8 from Coach Dom was only able to convince the refs to let us add a player at the start of the 2nd half of the last game...when we were at Lake Park.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 11/14/2011, 9:35 am

allen04 wrote:
Agree that lack of semis was confusing, but not as much as having U7 and U8 teams playing 7 v 7 on large-regulation 9 v 9 field at Railroad.

THAT really stunk. Was also dissapointed to discover that Solar Farley played 8v8 in all their games; and despite having permission to play 8v8 from Coach Dom was only able to convince the refs to let us add a player at the start of the 2nd half of the last game...when we were at Lake Park.

We had one player who was cleared to play goalie only with a knee brace and one of our other players had a trip cancelled late Thursday that allowed him to play or we would have only had 7 players. The games should have all been played at Lake Park 7V7. I still don't understand the 8V8. The next step is 9V9 from 7V7 and then 11V11. Oh well, I guess some like it.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 11/14/2011, 9:59 am

SDadX2 wrote:
allen04 wrote:

We had one player who was cleared to play goalie only with a knee brace and one of our other players had a trip cancelled late Thursday that allowed him to play or we would have only had 7 players. The games should have all been played at Lake Park 7V7. I still don't understand the 8V8. The next step is 9V9 from 7V7 and then 11V11. Oh well, I guess some like it.

A poll was taken prior to tourney about who wished to play 7 v 7 and who wished to play 8 v 8. The majority voted 7 v 7, but SR, it was agreed, because their roster was a bit shorter than the others, did not have to abide by any 8 v 8 decision. Having said that, absolutely NO ONE officiating this tournament knew that, and all rules online and otherwise were written 7 v 7. Oddly, the ref at Railroad wouldn't take MY word for it!

I approached Coach Dom after our first game, in the scoring tent at RR, and told him of the confusion. He basically reiterated to me what I already had been told, that it was up to the coaches. I advised him he might want to let the refs know. Hmmmm. It is definitely unfortunate that all U8 teams were not made aware of this, coaches and manager. I never did hear the final word on this, nor did I see an email relating to it, PRIOR to the tournament beginning.

However, overall, IMO a well-run gig. Most will never be 100% happy with any event, but I think the kids had fun.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next