Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Rec Soccer Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Rec Soccer

+9
norwich city
go99
Ibystander
Eight-Ball
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
BigE
my2cents
arsenalfan
taylortoons
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rec Soccer Empty Rec Soccer

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 3:50 pm

It's a slow week. Too much rain and not enough football. What do think about rec soccer and player development? Anyone?
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Rec Soccer Empty Re: Rec Soccer

Post by arsenalfan 9/17/2009, 4:06 pm

who cares
problem with rec. most of the kids first coachs are dads that dont have a clue about soccer. carry their whistle around practice and teach bad habits.
they should make it mandatory that you need a D license before you can coach rec.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/17/2009, 4:09 pm

You know absolutely nothing about rec soccer.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BigE 9/17/2009, 4:24 pm

I think Rec is great until age 10 !!!!! I have 2 boys one plays club the other rec because he plays Jr high football and still has a love for soccer. If you look at it from his point of view he wants to do both and It gives him his soccer fix!!!!! We know the coaching is sub par but he loves the game and thats good enough for me!!!! Very Happy
BigE
BigE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/17/2009, 4:49 pm

Rec soccer develops players in a different way than select/competitve. Rec builds skills slowly at a level anyone can learn at. Competitive is usually a coach that will coach at his own pace. arsenalfan: You are correct at the fact that most coaches are usually just parents. But my2cents is correct when he/she (sorry i dont know) said, you dont know anything about rec. Just because the parents are coaches doesnt mean there not good coaches. Some coaches are colledge students who play the game. Just because you or your son and/or daughter had a bad expierience in rec doesnt mean anything.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 4:59 pm

I agree with the license requirement. Some associations allow the coach to "put off the license until later."
No license. No coaching. Period.
Arsenalfan: Your BB did not play rec at all? One good player on a U10 or younger rec team can win championships. That's a confidence builder.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 9/17/2009, 5:04 pm

I think rec soccer is great for players at a young age. As some players get more serious and move to academy, they may or may not get value from playing rec. Many enjoy rec and academy for a period of time because it builds confidence, however, at some point the bad habits it can build hinder them in academy and select. Ours decided around U8 that it was more frustrating than fun because most of the players didn't have the skills and understanding of the game to make it worth while.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 9/17/2009, 5:53 pm

my2cents wrote:You know absolutely nothing about rec soccer.

OK "MR Billiant". Give me your 4 cents becasue your 2 cents are worth crap. Instead of telling me what I dont know why dont you tell us what you do know. You are probably the typical rec coach running around the field with your football whistle in your mouth that has never played before. You feel emotionally attached to coaching because you are more competitive than your BB that shows a small interest.
Would we allow someone that knows nothing about mathematics, science, social studies, english teach our kids these subjects in school? No.
Then why are we allowing our kids to have teachers that have learned their soccer in a G class (only requirement to coach rec soccer). Have you been to the G class clinic? If not, then dont say a word. I have. It is a complete joke and a shame that we allow this. I think this one of the largest problems in youth coaching.
(I haved been on a board for local rec soccer association and the majority of the coaches are just that.)
Youth coachs in Europe are highly regarded and some of the top coaches.
I have also coached academy kids that have moved up from rec. Have you ever coached kids that have been taught incorrectly how to make contact with the ball? Do you know how hard it is to correct 10 year olds of these problems? If not, then you have no say in this conversation.
Sorry for the rant but dont tell me I know nothing without giving me your credentials on this issue.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/17/2009, 6:14 pm

huh guess he does know something about the game. And when you put it that wy it is true. But you cannot deny the fact that there are some coaches that have played all their life. Some coaches in rec are just as good as select. But your right. Most arent
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/17/2009, 6:31 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
my2cents wrote:You know absolutely nothing about rec soccer.

OK "MR Billiant". Give me your 4 cents becasue your 2 cents are worth crap. Instead of telling me what I dont know why dont you tell us what you do know. You are probably the typical rec coach running around the field with your football whistle in your mouth that has never played before. You feel emotionally attached to coaching because you are more competitive than your BB that shows a small interest.
Would we allow someone that knows nothing about mathematics, science, social studies, english teach our kids these subjects in school? No.
Then why are we allowing our kids to have teachers that have learned their soccer in a G class (only requirement to coach rec soccer). Have you been to the G class clinic? If not, then dont say a word. I have. It is a complete joke and a shame that we allow this. I think this one of the largest problems in youth coaching.
(I haved been on a board for local rec soccer association and the majority of the coaches are just that.)
Youth coachs in Europe are highly regarded and some of the top coaches.
I have also coached academy kids that have moved up from rec. Have you ever coached kids that have been taught incorrectly how to make contact with the ball? Do you know how hard it is to correct 10 year olds of these problems? If not, then you have no say in this conversation.
Sorry for the rant but dont tell me I know nothing without giving me your credentials on this issue.
All three of my boys play soccer. Their dad coached two teams last year, and one this year, because u11 bb can no longer play in rec. I personally know four very good rec coaches. Just because you don't have that required license, it doesn't make you a sorry coach. My bb's teams all won first place in their cfb soccer association. I would even say that my bb's u9's team could beat many academy teams out there. I know because all three of my boys also play select. All three boys are highly competitive, yet they all love rec soccer. Why? friendship, and that special bond with kids and parents staying together until they have to give it up. We have about 7 games per weekend, but it's all worth it, rec and all. Rec. soccer can benefit select soccer. My kids always practice new moves and skills on rec teams first, then move it to select once they gain more confidence. Rec is a great confidence builder, and I think every team has a few select players on them to make the games interesting. So, wordy, but that's my view. Rec Soccer Icon_geek
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by taylortoons 9/17/2009, 7:18 pm

I think 2cents was baiting your "who cares" statement regarding rec soccer. I agree rec is a great start for young players and I also agree with you that it is a shame completely unexperienced parents are allowed to "teach" our kids how to play the game. The "G" license is a joke, but it is a start. So many kids out there do not know how to kick a ball correctly because their parents and coaches don't either. We in this forum obviosly know better and our kids benefit from our knowledge and experiences.
taylortoons
taylortoons
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/17/2009, 8:50 pm

taylortoons wrote:I think 2cents was baiting your "who cares" statement regarding rec soccer. I agree rec is a great start for young players and I also agree with you that it is a shame completely unexperienced parents are allowed to "teach" our kids how to play the game. The "G" license is a joke, but it is a start. So many kids out there do not know how to kick a ball correctly because their parents and coaches don't either. We in this forum obviosly know better and our kids benefit from our knowledge and experiences.
It might not be obvious to some people, but rec soccer is supposed to make it affordable for children to be able to enjoy an extra curricular activity.  Even with the ridiculously low cost of rec soccer, some parents still cannot afford it.  So, let's forget your requirements for a coaching license.  You should be grateful that some parent Volunteered their time, patience, and energy.  If you start requiring this, that and other, you will soon have no one volunteer, lower participation, and eventually only the people who can pay can play.  And the day I see a licensed coach (whose son doesn't play on the team) volunteer to teach my son's rec team, I'd probably be afraid to leave my kid alone with him!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/17/2009, 9:11 pm

Rec serves it's purpose. It's is there for kids to enjoy soccer and learn to play a game. Not all kids are as serious as others and don't need to move to select soccer. 2 of my bb's greatest coaches had limited knowledge of soccer but great knowledge of kids. When my bb was afraid to get into the pack and kick the ball and just ran up and down the field, they never put any pressure on him and allowed him to learn to love the game. His first couple of years in rec he didn't win a game but it is this love of soccer that has made him a very good select player.
As kids get older, I do think the ones who are serious about their soccer should move to select. It is also not just about the coaching but the level of play. Many times I have seen the rec stars come to the select team late and suffer. They lack the needed skills and often find that their superstar moves that they believed in no longer work.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 9/18/2009, 3:14 pm

Rec. soccer is really good in that you don't have to pay select prices to yell at the ref. or your kid. Rec Soccer Icon_lol
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/18/2009, 3:21 pm

REC, is great because it's cheap! goes by your area association(city or area you live in) so no long drives,and the competetion is low and your kid gets at least 50% play guaranteed! although the parents still yell at the kids ,refs,linesmen,coaches and each other all the same it's just moreless free! Rec Soccer Icon_lol
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 9/18/2009, 4:15 pm

omega striker wrote:REC, is great because it's cheap! goes by your area association(city or area you live in) so no long drives,and the competetion is low and your kid gets at least 50% play guaranteed! although the parents still yell at the kids ,refs,linesmen,coaches and each other all the same it's just moreless free! Rec Soccer Icon_lol

I agree,good point!
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/18/2009, 4:46 pm

Another good thing about rec soccer? It's not canceled for tomorrow! Rec Soccer Icon_razz
classic bb just asked me if he could guest play for a rec team. He's running out of things to clean up in the house, and I'm running out of rooms to paint, so I hope all this rain stops Rec Soccer Icon_exclaim
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 9/18/2009, 4:48 pm

go99 wrote:Rec serves it's purpose. It's is there for kids to enjoy soccer and learn to play a game. Not all kids are as serious as others and don't need to move to select soccer. 2 of my bb's greatest coaches had limited knowledge of soccer but great knowledge of kids. When my bb was afraid to get into the pack and kick the ball and just ran up and down the field, they never put any pressure on him and allowed him to learn to love the game. His first couple of years in rec he didn't win a game but it is this love of soccer that has made him a very good select player.
As kids get older, I do think the ones who are serious about their soccer should move to select. It is also not just about the coaching but the level of play. Many times I have seen the rec stars come to the select team late and suffer. They lack the needed skills and often find that their superstar moves that they believed in no longer work.
can you ever stop promoting your kid????

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 9/18/2009, 4:57 pm

omega striker wrote:REC, is great because it's cheap! goes by your area association(city or area you live in) so no long drives,and the competetion is low and your kid gets at least 50% play guaranteed! although the parents still yell at the kids ,refs,linesmen,coaches and each other all the same it's just moreless free! Rec Soccer Icon_lol
In other words, you get what you pay for! just kidding! Smile To be honest, I have not seen a 99 rec game in years. The last time was a few years ago at Blue Sky, summer indoor, not very good. This weekend might be fun to go watch one and see the difference all those academy and select fees are making! Smile

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/18/2009, 5:06 pm

99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:Rec serves it's purpose. It's is there for kids to enjoy soccer and learn to play a game. Not all kids are as serious as others and don't need to move to select soccer. 2 of my bb's greatest coaches had limited knowledge of soccer but great knowledge of kids. When my bb was afraid to get into the pack and kick the ball and just ran up and down the field, they never put any pressure on him and allowed him to learn to love the game. His first couple of years in rec he didn't win a game but it is this love of soccer that has made him a very good select player.
I am not sure I can help you if all you got out of that entire this was promotion for my kid. Sad really. The point to the whole thing was that rec has a place and that is to teach kids to love the game. Not sure what your focus on my kid is though, but it really seems to attract YOUR attention Rec Soccer Suspect . I used him as an example because I know him and his story. To use someone elses kid would be guessing at best.
However if you would like me to talk about my kid I could start a whole new post for that. Besides I could care less what you think about him. There are people whose opinion matters to a certian degree and they like him as a player so no need to promote but I would do it just for you Rec Soccer Icon_biggrin
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 9/18/2009, 5:46 pm

go99 wrote:
99srule wrote:
I am not sure I can help you if all you got out of that entire this was promotion for my kid. Sad really. The point to the whole thing was that rec has a place and that is to teach kids to love the game. Not sure what your focus on my kid is though, but it really seems to attract YOUR attention Rec Soccer Suspect . I used him as an example because I know him and his story. To use someone elses kid would be guessing at best.
However if you would like me to talk about my kid I could start a whole new post for that. Besides I could care less what you think about him. There are people whose opinion matters to a certian degree and they like him as a player so no need to promote but I would do it just for you Rec Soccer Icon_biggrin
dude, don't know your kid - its YOU who are very annoying. your probably the only poster who continually brings up your kid everytime you possibly can - go hang with and1

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/18/2009, 5:54 pm

99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:
99srule wrote:
dude, don't know your kid - its YOU who are very annoying. your probably the only poster who continually brings up your kid everytime you possibly can - go hang with and1
It was just an answer to the question and you focus on one line from the entire thing. It only seems to really bother you Rec Soccer Suspect . Seems like the only thing I need from and1 is "let your haters be you motivaters" because looks like I got one. Rec Soccer Icon_eek Look inside and find out why it bothers you so much. The problem is you.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/18/2009, 5:55 pm

99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:
99srule wrote:
Ooh la la la la. You guys have me intrigued with and1 Wink
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/18/2009, 7:07 pm

Ibystander wrote:
99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:
99srule wrote:
Ooh la la la la. You guys have me intrigued with and1 Rec Soccer Icon_wink
I bet you have some FRENCH origins in you? Rec Soccer Suspect Rec Soccer Icon_tongue
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/18/2009, 8:01 pm

omega striker wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:
99srule wrote:
Ooh la la la la. You guys have me intrigued with and1 Rec Soccer Icon_wink
I bet you have some FRENCH origins in you? Rec Soccer Suspect Rec Soccer Icon_tongue
Only when I'm in the mood Wink
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next