Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Legacy Freedom Cup Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Legacy Freedom Cup

+22
Marvelousmar
BAFANA BAFANA
tomuchsoccer
coachdom
newparent
txsoccer14
krowdkontrol
SoccerGenius99
WRG
creeper
CZeigler
manuforu
LiverpoolFCA
madisonmyers
burnthestar
davito
lashaquanda jenkins
cowpukesfan
afrankw
oldschoolsoccer
Soccerdad79
futbolista
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup Empty Legacy Freedom Cup

Post by futbolista 1/23/2012, 9:35 am

So I'm looking thru the schedule and I notice many of the "proclaimed" top 10 teams are not in this tournament. I also noticed they didn't play in the Texas Winter Cup nor are they playing in the XARA Winter Cup. Where is everyone at?

Looks like some good teams in this tournament. I am curious to see why FC Dallas South Fransisco is playing in the Silver bracket instead of Gold. From what I have read they appear to be a talented team. I was looking forward to a possible meeting for our teams in this tournament. Who knows maybe next time.

Last edited by futbolista on 1/23/2012, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup

Post by Soccerdad79 1/23/2012, 10:15 am

futbolista wrote:So I'm looking thru the schedule and I notice many of the "proclaimed" top 10 teams are not in this tournament. I also noticed they didn't play in the Texas Winter Cup nor are they playing in the XARA Winter Cup. Where is everyone at?

Looks like some good teams in this tournament. I am curious to see why FC Dallas South Fransisco is playing in the Silver bracket instead of Gold. From what I have read they appear to be a talented team. I was looking forward to a possible meeting our teams in this tournament. Who knows maybe next time.

You are as good as who you play & from looking at FCD South's gotsoccer, they haven't played any of the top teams. I guess they're just tropy hunting.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 10:38 am

futbolista wrote:So I'm looking thru the schedule and I notice many of the "proclaimed" top 10 teams are not in this tournament. I also noticed they didn't play in the Texas Winter Cup nor are they playing in the XARA Winter Cup. Where is everyone at?

Looks like some good teams in this tournament. I am curious to see why FC Dallas South Fransisco is playing in the Silver bracket instead of Gold. From what I have read they appear to be a talented team. I was looking forward to a possible meeting our teams in this tournament. Who knows maybe next time.

That is a good question. Where are the Solar's and FCD Premiere Teams?

This will be a cakewalk for DTS to put another trophy on the already overstuffed trophy shelf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 11:19 am

soccerdad79. If im not mistaken TFC-Larry and Solar Blue are the top 10 teams, correct? well, they have played these 2 teams and beat them both. Yes, you are correct, they have not played DTS or a few other from the top 10 but their time will come. I'm sure if the lose, it will be a learning experience because that is why we are all here. Any game plays out differently and when you play good teams, it lets you know where you stand and what areas to work on. You agree? Whay is it that some people just come in here only to disperse their hate towards teams and kids that just want to play soccer. We are here for our kids... I just moved here from LA and it is amazing how hateful some of these parents are from this great state of Texas. Cheers my friends...

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschoolsoccer 1/23/2012, 11:24 am

Just my opinion but I would bet FC Dallas ended up in Silver cause the Liverpool coordinator had not heard of them. I imagine it was that simple cause they are more competitive then several of the gold teams.

As far as Solar and other FCD teams, FC Dallas has a tournament this weekend as well. Micheal Brown I think.

oldschoolsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 1/23/2012, 11:38 am

Gatorz wrote:

That is a good question. Where are the Solar's and FCD Premiere Teams?

This will be a cakewalk for DTS to put another trophy on the already overstuffed trophy shelf.

Here is the list playing in the Micahel Brown Tournament.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=21152
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/23/2012, 12:03 pm

[quote="Txsoccer02"]soccerdad79. If im not mistaken TFC-Larry and Solar Blue are the top 10 teams, correct? well, they have played these 2 teams and beat them both. Yes, you are correct, they have not played DTS or a few other from the top 10 but their time will come. I'm sure if the lose, it will be a learning experience because that is why we are all here. Any game plays out differently and when you play good teams, it lets you know where you stand and what areas to work on. You agree? Whay is it that some people just come in here only to disperse their hate towards teams and kids that just want to play soccer. We are here for our kids... I just moved here from LA and it is amazing how hateful some of these parents are from this great state of Texas. Cheers my friends...[/quote]

Awesome comment Txsoccer02. There are a few positive folks on here.
I don't know Futbolista, but usually this person's not negative. So I would assume it's just talking smack.
That's just that DT South pride.
My BB played against them before, once you get to talking to the majority of these parents, they're really pretty fun people.
So, I'll just assume that Mr. Futbolista's just B.S.ing around, that's all.
So let's not K'rush hee leetle head.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 1/23/2012, 12:11 pm

Thanks Afrankw. It makes sense now.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lashaquanda jenkins 1/23/2012, 12:21 pm

Last edited by lashaquanda jenkins on 5/16/2012, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
lashaquanda jenkins
lashaquanda jenkins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 1/23/2012, 12:50 pm

Txsoccer02 wrote:soccerdad79. If im not mistaken TFC-Larry and Solar Blue are the top 10 teams, correct? well, they have played these 2 teams and beat them both. Yes, you are correct, they have not played DTS or a few other from the top 10 but their time will come. I'm sure if the lose, it will be a learning experience because that is why we are all here. Any game plays out differently and when you play good teams, it lets you know where you stand and what areas to work on. You agree? Whay is it that some people just come in here only to disperse their hate towards teams and kids that just want to play soccer. We are here for our kids... I just moved here from LA and it is amazing how hateful some of these parents are from this great state of Texas. Cheers my friends...

Txsoccer02, not sure how you took my comment as hatred towards a team or kids. Not one time did I mention the kids. Just saying that if they are considered a top team, the coach should have requested to play in gold bracket. not just in this tournament but all tournaments. Im pretty sure he can, that is if he wanted to. My apologies for offending your BB's team. It happens.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 1/23/2012, 1:02 pm

lashaquanda jenkins wrote:
Soccerdad79 wrote:

You are as good as who you play & from looking at FCD South's gotsoccer, they haven't played any of the top teams. I guess they're just tropy hunting.

"Trophy Hunting"?
Why would you belittle the team like that?
FCD's not responsible for the bracket seating arrangements any more than DT South.
Granted, DT South should be in Gold. I can't nor won't bad-mouth or belittle those little children.
They play with a lot of heart and it really is a joy to see them play.
That one parent in the Pittsburgh STEELERS gear is awesome! A real light-hearted guy.
Good luck, by the way, but don't slam the team because of the scheduling.

Belittle a team? You got jokes.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 1:07 pm

Soccerdad79,it is not my team nor do I have a boy playing there. I have been following them and I respect their will and heart to play and compete with passion. That is what I respect from any team. I accept your apology, it shows the individual you are. Im sure we all have said things that we really dont mean to come accross that way. No big deal. in regards to the coach and knowing the system just enough I do know that when you register a team on any such tournament, it does not specify either Gold or Silver. It is up to the Director to put you there based on the accomplishments. Maybe Im wrong, but these group of kids are without a doubt a GOLD team and they should not be on silver bracket. Maybe the theory is right. They based it on SDL results from previous seasons. But come on... Lets' be honest, do we all agree that these team
is earning litlle by little some recognition. They may not be there yet but give them an opportunity. They deserve it just like any team that is and has been on the top 10. Can we someone agree with that? I hear that their coach is very willing to take this team to any level the kids want to play. Everything is possible at least that is what I tell my kids. Follow your dreams and work hard for it. Give them a break.... Their parents are passionate, I get it and maybe they came across somewhat annoying but hey, they are happy for their kids. I only see them cheering for their kids accomplishment, is there anything wrong with that? NONE whatsoever. All of us have been there.

Back to top Go down

Post by lashaquanda jenkins 1/23/2012, 1:17 pm

Last edited by lashaquanda jenkins on 5/16/2012, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
lashaquanda jenkins
lashaquanda jenkins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/23/2012, 2:14 pm

I don't see anything wrong with occasional trophy hunting, within reason. Winning a tournament really lifts a team and puts a smile on the kids faces.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 1/23/2012, 2:22 pm

davito wrote:I don't see anything wrong with occasional trophy hunting, within reason. Winning a tournament really lifts a team and puts a smile on the kids faces.

Bwah, ha, ha, ha!!!! That's true!
lol!
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 4:08 pm

davito wrote:I don't see anything wrong with occasional trophy hunting, within reason. Winning a tournament really lifts a team and puts a smile on the kids faces.
X2 cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by madisonmyers 1/23/2012, 8:19 pm

Ok, so now take it for what you will. But FCD Francisco have played our TFC team tough three times now, a tie and twice we lost by 1 goal. Their team felt as tough to me playing the FC Dallas Premier or DTS (Sal) teams. I don't know if that is perceived or real. They really played hard and hustled during the tournament, looking back on it. I really would like to see a game between FCD Francisco and DTS Scott, for example. Or either of the two mentioned above. Playing in the north this spring should be a good thing for them. Now if I could just get past the vuvuzelas and the chanting...lol All in good fun. Keeping it positive... sunny
madisonmyers
madisonmyers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolFCA 1/24/2012, 12:05 am

oldschoolsoccer wrote:Just my opinion but I would bet FC Dallas ended up in Silver cause the Liverpool coordinator had not heard of them. I imagine it was that simple cause they are more competitive then several of the gold teams.

As far as Solar and other FCD teams, FC Dallas has a tournament this weekend as well. Micheal Brown I think.

I believe that this will all be taken care of when the schedules are released in the morning.

LiverpoolFCA
LiverpoolFCA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by manuforu 1/24/2012, 12:11 pm

new schedule you think today?

manuforu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CZeigler 1/24/2012, 12:36 pm

I believe my daughter is reffing that tournament!

CZeigler
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 1/24/2012, 1:57 pm

madisonmyers wrote:Ok, so now take it for what you will. But FCD Francisco have played our TFC team tough three times now, a tie and twice we lost by 1 goal. Their team felt as tough to me playing the FC Dallas Premier or DTS (Sal) teams. I don't know if that is perceived or real. They really played hard and hustled during the tournament, looking back on it. I really would like to see a game between FCD Francisco and DTS Scott, for example. Or either of the two mentioned above. Playing in the north this spring should be a good thing for them. Now if I could just get past the vuvuzelas and the chanting...lol All in good fun. Keeping it positive... sunny

I know there hasn't been a match between DTS 02 and FCD Fransisco. From what I am aware there was an indoor match between DTS 03 and FCD Fransisco in which DTS 03 won by a large margin.

I sure hope there is a meeting to see what else the South has to offer. Waiting to see the new updated schedule.

Last edited by creeper on 1/24/2012, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/24/2012, 2:23 pm

Creeper, just so you know. FC Dallas south/Francisco has 3 teams. One 02' teams which is the one playing the tournaments and the upcoming SDL and EAL league. Has another team that is most filled with 03' and only 3 02'and that is the team that was playing in the 02' category. That is the team that DTS 03' played against. If Sal thinks and trust me, he is not an idiot, but if he thinks that is the team that they would face in real games that counts, he will soon find out. Francisco also has another 06' team that he is forming. I hope this resolves your concerns... Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 1/24/2012, 2:27 pm

Txsoccer02 wrote:Creeper, just so you know. FC Dallas south/Francisco has 3 teams. One 02' teams which is the one playing the tournaments and the upcoming SDL and EAL league. Has another team that is most filled with 03' and only 3 02'and that is the team that was playing in the 02' category. That is the team that DTS 03' played against. If Sal thinks and trust me, he is not an idiot, but if he thinks that is the team that they would face in real games that counts, he will soon find out. Francisco also has another 06' team that he is forming. I hope this resolves your concerns... Cheers

SOunds like this FCD Francisco team is the real deal and should challenge DTS, Crushers, FCD PRemiere Snell and the other top teams. Will be good to see them play some of these teams in the coming months. Great to see a relative newcomer emerge as a top team before select starts.

Just evidence that there are a lot of great players out there that may not even be playing on one of the top teams yet. Some teams yet to even form may sneak in and be the top team come select.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/24/2012, 2:28 pm

If the two teams play in the Legacy Freedom cup which i hope they change ther schedule. It will be a good game. Sal has a great team and is very well put otgether but while these goods teams sit there and getr comfortabel because they are up there, they are teams forming and soon will give them challenge. Honestly, that is great because the only way to know what you really have is to play these good teams. If the lose, again, it will be a learning experience. If they qwin, good for them but trust me, all of this is with a good intention of gettiong the kids to play the sport the love. This is not and and should not be a sport that parents play part in. let the kids decide that and most importanly that they have fun. If they meet it will be a great battle because both teams are really tough. Sal's team has alot more experience and is really good but hey they are more coming up.

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 1/24/2012, 2:37 pm

Txsoccer02 wrote:If the two teams play in the Legacy Freedom cup which i hope they change ther schedule. It will be a good game. Sal has a great team and is very well put otgether but while these goods teams sit there and getr comfortabel because they are up there, they are teams forming and soon will give them challenge. Honestly, that is great because the only way to know what you really have is to play these good teams. If the lose, again, it will be a learning experience. If they qwin, good for them but trust me, all of this is with a good intention of gettiong the kids to play the sport the love. This is not and and should not be a sport that parents play part in. let the kids decide that and most importanly that they have fun. If they meet it will be a great battle because both teams are really tough. Sal's team has alot more experience and is really good but hey they are more coming up.

I agree with you and think it is great that a new team is coming on and competing against the other perceived top teams. I also think more teams could form before select and the landscape of the 02 age group could change. Also heard a few rumors floating around that some of these teams may look different come this Spring as players have changed teams and are checking out other teams before select. Could be some big changes on top teams before signing day.

Will be an interesting spring.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next