Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

03's top Teams Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

03's top Teams

+8
CincoB
KarateChop
Barcelona12
joga_bonita
odie1993
striker6
Number13
frequent flyer
12 posters

Go down

03's top Teams Empty 03's top Teams

Post by Guest 4/13/2012, 11:12 am

Have hesitated to ever post a rankings thread for the 03's because this age group is so relaxed, but select will be next summer so it seems like a decent time to see where everyone stands. I would suggest the top teams in the 03 age group at the end of this season are:

1. Solar Castro (Very close between Castro and Odyssey)
1a. Odyssey (Think Castro is a littlel stronger but could change on any day)
3. FCD Premiere ( Nipping at the heals of the #1 and #1a.
4. DTS 03. Good team but behind the top three.

Any others that I am missing that could challenge these four?

It will be interesting to watch them progress over the next year and add and lose players.

Back to top Go down

03's top Teams Empty Re: 03's top Teams

Post by frequent flyer 4/15/2012, 7:29 pm

Solar Gold is playing up on UAL 02 looks good. Ayeses Gold is moving up as well.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/16/2012, 8:07 am

Running wrote:Have hesitated to ever post a rankings thread for the 03's because this age group is so relaxed, but select will be next summer so it seems like a decent time to see where everyone stands. I would suggest the top teams in the 03 age group at the end of this season are:

It will be interesting to watch them progress over the next year and add and lose players.

I hesitate to give this any legs either. Not sure what anyone uses as a basis of comparison beyond a certain point, as I've seen numerous games against the upper echelon where we won by a reasonable margin and its not evident that we played as well as the other team. But whatever, if you want to play for/against or watch or whatever a good 03 team, those 4 would all fit that bill, IMO. DSC also has a lot of good players and can play with anybody. We don't see that many other teams.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 4/16/2012, 10:25 am

Number13 wrote:
Running wrote:Have hesitated to ever post a rankings thread for the 03's because this age group is so relaxed, but select will be next summer so it seems like a decent time to see where everyone stands. I would suggest the top teams in the 03 age group at the end of this season are:

I hesitate to give this any legs either. Not sure what anyone uses as a basis of comparison beyond a certain point, as I've seen numerous games against the upper echelon where we won by a reasonable margin and its not evident that we played as well as the other team. But whatever, if you want to play for/against or watch or whatever a good 03 team, those 4 would all fit that bill, IMO. DSC also has a lot of good players and can play with anybody. We don't see that many other teams.

What will be even more interesting is where all the leftover DSC/Texans kids will land after not making the Texans Nipper 03 roster. From what I hear that should be a pretty formidable team if they can hold it all together through all the parents egos. A few old Castro boys a few Texans Gall boys and a few DSC boys should make for a good match up for anybody.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/16/2012, 11:10 am

Number13 wrote:

I agree with your thoughts, but was curious about the Odyssey team in terms of the 04s they have. Saw a few of them playing in the COPA with the 04 Odyssey team. During 03 play, they usually start and if you lose them, it could affect you guys I would think. Then again, there are quite a few 04's playing with the other 03 teams as well.

Now back to getting slammed in the "Select Soccer Thread"

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 4/16/2012, 12:46 pm

What will be even more interesting is where all the leftover DSC/Texans kids will land after not making the Texans Nipper 03 roster. From what I hear that should be a pretty formidable team if they can hold it all together through all the parents egos. A few old Castro boys a few Texans Gall boys and a few DSC boys should make for a good match up for anybody.
[/quote]

I have a feeling that several of the parents will be distraught about not making Nipper's team and will move on to a different club...I am looking forward to the summer tournaments to see how some of these teams do against each other...Certainly Solar Gold who has been playing up for better than a year now but will not be able to do that next fall...
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/16/2012, 1:34 pm

Solar Gold had the best single game against us this Spring, scoreboard-wise. They play hard. Some of their other games in that 03 league, at least, have gone differently.

End of the day, all roads favor the consolidators and bigger clubs. No telling what goes down. Will still look for sunrise in East long after our 1A perch is but a memory of 8 yr old soccer.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by joga_bonita 4/16/2012, 1:47 pm

The 03 forum is quite relaxed because this is one of the few age groups where it is not about the parents, but about the kids. It really has not been about the wins and losses "yet", but it is about the kids giving 110% while playing the game (Win,Lose,or Draw), and the players development of core skills and game fundamentals. Many of the kids have played together on different teams in 3v3, indoors, tournaments, or as guest players, etc, and many of the kids have known one another on afirst name basis for 3 or more years. For the most part parents from both teams can interact respectfully after the toughest of games, and the kids will be seen playing more soccer together immediately following the games, or talking about important things like Nintendo or more soccer. There are many talented kids in this age group and the teams mentioned above are all solid teams, including Solar Gold, DSC (Texan's Nipper), Cruz Azul is a strong 03 team off the radar screen. Hopefully all the kids and coaches will continue to perfect their first touch, ability to control the ball, precision passing, stubborn defense, and movement without the ball. The team who makes the least amount of mistakes or errors is usually the team that has come out on top for the past few seasons. Looking forward to watching some great games and competition when the tournaments kick back up again. It will be great to see the evolution of this age group not via the forum, but on the pitch watching the kids do what they do best.......play the game cheers

joga_bonita
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

03's top Teams Empty SDL/CAL Season Results

Post by Barcelona12 5/30/2012, 4:40 pm

In looking at the final standings for the CAL, it looks like one FCDallas team (Figo) came in 3rd and another (Predator) came in last. Does anyone know who the coach is for the last place team?
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=22459&GroupID=197788&Gender=Boys&Age=9
Barcelona12
Barcelona12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 5/31/2012, 7:49 am

Mark Snell coaches Premiere, Copa, and Predator as far as I know.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 5/31/2012, 10:39 am

There are several Predator teams within the FCD org. Likely not Snell.

Where does the Texans team stand at this point?
KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 6/1/2012, 10:27 am

KarateChop wrote:There are several Predator teams within the FCD org. Likely not Snell.

Where does the Texans team stand at this point?

Snell said he didn't do CAL. They were in SDL but the fields were not good so he formed his own league which played Saturday evenings since they have Liga on Sundays.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 6/6/2012, 12:27 pm

Primetime this weekend will be a good chance to gauge whats going on with these teams. At least before they go to 11 v 11 in the fall.

Pool A: Odyssey, FCD Premeier, DT Lopez, Solar Red Bates
Pool B: Solar Castro, DT South, DT Thornber, FC Dallas Red

Should be some good games.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/6/2012, 2:23 pm

The field has some strong names in it. Hard to tell with summer as imagine everyone is like us with some players on vacation. Does it make me a bad person if I want it to rain so we can all stay home and watch EURO instead?

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 6/6/2012, 2:27 pm

If it rains 1/1000th of an inch we will be at home. Not going to get excited until the whistle blows.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/10/2012, 9:46 pm

anyone know the outcome of the games today. Primetime never posted past the semis.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 6/10/2012, 9:48 pm

They are posted.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 6/10/2012, 9:51 pm

odie1993 wrote:anyone know the outcome of the games today. Primetime never posted past the semis.
Check the website
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 6/10/2012, 11:12 pm

odie1993 wrote:anyone know the outcome of the games today. Primetime never posted past the semis.

Hats off to Odyssey. A very consistent team in this age group.

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/11/2012, 7:52 am

Majortom wrote:

Thanks. The scorelines are a bit flattering to Ody IMO, some fatigue issues and free kick conversion disparity. Any given Sunday very little between FCD, Castro, DT, Odyssey. Cheers.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 6/11/2012, 10:44 am

Number13 wrote:
Majortom wrote:

Thanks. The scorelines are a bit flattering to Ody IMO, some fatigue issues and free kick conversion disparity. Any given Sunday very little between FCD, Castro, DT, Odyssey. Cheers.

I don't know Number, you guys were the best team out there this weekend regardless of the free kicks. They were well placed and that's part of the game. Kudos to the boys. Their pressure was excellent and they kept their shape very well. All in all a great weekend.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 6/11/2012, 11:31 am

striker6 wrote:
Number13 wrote:
Majortom wrote:

I don't know Number, you guys were the best team out there this weekend regardless of the free kicks. They were well placed and that's part of the game. Kudos to the boys. Their pressure was excellent and they kept their shape very well. All in all a great weekend.
agreed you guys played well great team to watch.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/11/2012, 2:22 pm

I promise I wasn't fishing for compliments. Wink

We had a good weekend and we are typically hard to score on...but I don't think anybody ever feels real confident playing any of the other strong teams as they have all outplayed us for signficant stretches of games in the past year. I would guess thats the way all the teams still feel about each other. Was happy to see BB talking to kids from Castro (etc) at the tourney conclusion like they were just goofy 9 yr olds and not mortal enemies. Cheers, we'll see you in the Fall.

We could use a few more '03 kids.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by total soccer 6/19/2012, 10:15 pm

Which FC Dallas south team are you talking about Ayvar or Rangel? Ayvar I would pu t in tier 2 based on league and tournamet results. Rangel I would put in Tier 3 for the same reasons.

total soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down