Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one

5 posters

Go down

U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one Empty U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one

Post by PG-Boy 5/1/2012, 10:15 pm

I know we all enjoy viewing and discussing the elegant and finesse offensive players. The skillful that bloom to become Cristiano, Messi, or Neymar. There are a million youtube videos ad nauseum of offensive kids. But if anyone has a link to a U11 defensive enforcer, I'd like to see it.

There's nothing like a crushing slide tackle. Albeit, a clean crushing tackle.

Here's another youtube vid on an 11 year old for your viewing pleasure. He's calm, skillful and definitely a team player. He passes to his teammate without hogging all the glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syUH6743alM

Anybody have a link to vid of a U11 or younger defender, ah, defending?
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one Empty Re: U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one

Post by Laimport 5/2/2012, 8:26 am

Kid in the video has exceptional technical ability and awareness.

However, he is also the most physically mature player on the field.

I'm a big fan of the players who can play on both sides of the ball.

There are no 'offensive' or 'defensive' players. There are players who primarily attack and those who primarily defend.

Pigeonholing players into specific roles at such a young age is criminal.

All players should be taught to be 2-way players. Regardless of position.

I love a good slidetackle. It is as beautiful as a goal when executed properly.

Unfortunately, youth coaches spend very little time on the art of 1v1 defending.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one Empty Re: U11 Defensive Enforcers, every team needs one

Post by Guest 5/2/2012, 8:33 am

Laimport wrote:Kid in the video has exceptional technical ability and awareness.

There are no 'offensive' or 'defensive' players. There are players who primarily attack and those who primarily defend.

Unfortunately, youth coaches spend very little time on the art of 1v1 defending.

I noticed he was the most mature too. It also seemed like the other teams were rather weak. Like watching a d1 player play against d3 players. You are right every team needs an enforcer. Defense is where the game is not lost. Not won but not lost, big difference. A sucky defense will torpedoe teams in a hurry because no lead is safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by chl37 5/2/2012, 9:42 am

Are they playing 7v7 at U11? Cool

chl37
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 5/2/2012, 10:34 am

I watched a 9v9 U11 Final this past weekend in Tulsa. They used a smaller field with smaller goals. I was impressed with the speed of play on the smaller pitch. It didn't seem crowded at all.

Players still had space to dribble. Corners, crosses and switches were a breeze. There was a lot more action than on the gigantic fields we use for U11 in CL. More goals, too. It was a fun game to watch.

It was almost like an outdoor futsal match on grass.

If you ever watch the youtube vids of Messi as a young 11 or 12 year old, you'll notice, he also played on small fields with less players.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 5/2/2012, 10:48 am

PG-Boy wrote:I watched a 9v9 U11 Final this past weekend in Tulsa. They used a smaller field with smaller goals. I was impressed with the speed of play on the smaller pitch. It didn't seem crowded at all.

Players still had space to dribble. Corners, crosses and switches were a breeze. There was a lot more action than on the gigantic fields we use for U11 in CL. More goals, too. It was a fun game to watch.

It was almost like an outdoor futsal match on grass.

If you ever watch the youtube vids of Messi as a young 11 or 12 year old, you'll notice, he also played on small fields with less players.

I noticed the same thing when I watched the U10 final at the COPA ESPN at Mcinnish a few weeks ago. They played 9v9 on small fields and all the kids looked quick and sharp with their skills. They were required to keep the ball closer, control the traps better and move quickly off the ball. Was a fun game to watch and also reminded me of Futsal.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/2/2012, 11:08 am

The greatest benefit to small sided games is that it "lessens" the overall impact (and reliance on) the more physically mature players.

No developed soccer nation in the world that I'm aware of plays 11v11, full sided soccer at U11.

I think 6v6 at u10 and u11 is probably ideal.

U12 should be 8v8.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/2/2012, 8:09 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Laimport wrote:Kid in the video has exceptional technical ability and awareness.

I noticed he was the most mature too. It also seemed like the other teams were rather weak. Like watching a d1 player play against d3 players. You are right every team needs an enforcer. Defense is where the game is not lost. Not won but not lost, big difference. A sucky defense will torpedoe teams in a hurry because no lead is safe.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/3/2012, 8:36 am

People fail to grasp that it takes different types of players to play successfully.

A team full of creative/flair players will never survive.

Not every player needs to be able to dribble through 6 defenders and score.

You have to have players who can win and successfully distribute the ball.

"Simple" players.

The essence of the game is to control the ball and pass it...quickly.

In the end, a player has to have the right mix of technique, tactical awareness/intelligence AND athleticism. If you are lacking (sufficiently) in any one area, you won't make it.

Besides, skill, without the right tactical decisionmaking, is worthless. A liability in fact!

We need to be producing more players who are technically and smart....who also happen to be exceptional athletes as well. Complete, well rounded players.

The adult rec leagues and pickup games inthe parks are full of skilled, dumb players that are slow.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down