Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event

+6
01now
Soccerinsanity
soccerbasic
humble
my2cents
wbanul
10 posters

Go down

June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event Empty June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event

Post by wbanul 6/7/2012, 7:57 pm

Looking forward to this weekend's ODP Sub Regional Event at Russell Creek. Hope the fields will be OK to play on.

Has ODP done this event local in the past? What can we expect?

Thanks for any feedback!
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event Empty Re: June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event

Post by my2cents 6/7/2012, 8:22 pm

NTX ODP does what is called, and used to actually be, a sub-regional every year around this time. Used to be that OK, LA, and Miss. would bring one or 2 teams in every age group and teams would get 3 or 4 games in. Over the last 2 or 3 years less and less teams are coming out here. Probably because in areas of the ountry that DA is not that big there are some big ODP tournaments to be had. A lot more bang for the buck than coming out here. This is the first time NTX has played their ODP vs State Cup winners. I am really looking forward to seeing the 94 Ayses vs 95 ODP tomorrow night. Really don't know what to expect on the State cup matches. On the OK matches if the OK team is a year older than NTX then it is usually a good match. If they are the same age NTX usually rolls them.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event Empty Re: June 8th - 10th ODP Sub Regional Event

Post by humble 6/7/2012, 8:24 pm

wbanul wrote:Looking forward to this weekend's ODP Sub Regional Event at Russell Creek. Hope the fields will be OK to play on.

Has ODP done this event local in the past? What can we expect?

Thanks for any feedback!

Don't expect too much, but it might be a good place for your bb to show himself if his placement in ODP is not par with his skills. He may start with the third team and could be placed on the first after this weekend!

humble
humble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbasic 6/7/2012, 11:00 pm

Can someone tell me what ODP is really about? My bb is a player on the top team for the 2000 group, but since we have not registered for the Alabama camp or Arkansas camp, he will not be invited to the Dallas sub regional. This really smells to me that it is all about the money, I have heard the same situation from another talented boy. I know academy and pre-academy are taking over, but why not have the top players at the sub regional?

soccerbasic
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/7/2012, 11:18 pm

For the older boys, if they play on one of the state cup teams, they were told to play with their team, not the ODP team...so they'll be the competition.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 01now 6/8/2012, 12:34 am

The weekend sub is used like a warm-up for the summer camp the kids never play as a team. Anyone going to summer camp had first option for the weekend sub to practice as a team.

01now
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by humble 6/8/2012, 1:48 am

soccerbasic wrote:Can someone tell me what ODP is really about? My bb is a player on the top team for the 2000 group, but since we have not registered for the Alabama camp or Arkansas camp, he will not be invited to the Dallas sub regional. This really smells to me that it is all about the money, I have heard the same situation from another talented boy. I know academy and pre-academy are taking over, but why not have the top players at the sub regional?
ODP was the main event for talent prior to PA. It still is in some areas but not in DFW anymore. Most players who were at ODP dropped out and joined PA. Your son being 2000, having ODP on his resume is good. I would have recommended him to go to the Alabama camp to be evaluated for regional and possibly national pool as well though.

As long as ODP is helping out his development, I don't think that you should be worried about it. It also gives him to play as a team with his CL competition and make friends as well.
humble
humble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbasic 6/8/2012, 8:45 am

Thanks for the advice, but not sure ODP teaches much and defiantly nothing over our club coach. One funny not was my son was told to dribble more and don't pass as much, even in obvious passing situations. All this goes against what he has been trained to do, I know they want to see the boys dribble and take people on to evaluate them.

soccerbasic
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/8/2012, 8:51 am

Well, if he's "defiant"

cheers

ODP coaches have offered some new insights to some of our age group. I guess it all depends on how similar your ODP and club coaches are as to whether your bb gets a lot out of it. Some say it's really good because it teaches a different perspective....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/8/2012, 10:21 am

soccerbasic wrote:Can someone tell me what ODP is really about? My bb is a player on the top team for the 2000 group, but since we have not registered for the Alabama camp or Arkansas camp, he will not be invited to the Dallas sub regional. This really smells to me that it is all about the money, I have heard the same situation from another talented boy. I know academy and pre-academy are taking over, but why not have the top players at the sub regional?

Like others said it is a warm up for the regional trials in Alabama. Don't know what you are referencing about Arkansas. The winning state team advances from Alabama in each age group to play the other regions. That is another trip. There is also a holdover of top players to form the regional pool and then regional team. The regional team plays the other regional teams (another trip) and also does an international trip. The experience of the camp is quite unique , They stay on the college campus in the dorms and the games are good quality. The pool games( top players from the days games) are again unique and fun for the guys. The cost is about the same as a college ID camp cost plus transportation.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by S0cc3rD@d 6/8/2012, 3:41 pm

Can someone post the URL for this weekend's schedule? I could only find a URL for the fields on ntxsoccer.org and not a schedule. Would like to check out some games, if possible. Also, what is the range of age groups (2000s and older)?

TIA.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/8/2012, 4:32 pm

I don't know as there is a master schedule available. Here is all I have

FFriday - June 8th - 7:00pm Start Time @ Russell Creek Field G - Wear Yellow
NTX 95B - Ayses 94B

SSaturday - June 9th - 7:00pm Start Time @ Russell Creek Field E - Wear Blue
OK 95/96B - NTX 95B

The 95/96 Oklahoma team had 2 players get hurt thursday and could not travel. NTX is loaning them players and that team plays at the following times.

Friday: 8:30pm Russell Creek E
Saturday: 1:00pm Russell Creek F
Sunday 10:00am Russell Creek F

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 6/8/2012, 8:05 pm

OK has 2 players hurt and has to borrow players? How many do they travel with?
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 6/8/2012, 10:13 pm

Enjoyed watching the AYSES 94 Gold vs the ODP 95 players tonight. Was impressed with the athleticism and quality of play by the 95 ODP team. It was a fun game to watch.

Good match to help prepare AYSES 94 Gold for the Regionals.

AYSES Gold 94 5 ODP 95 1
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbanul 6/9/2012, 11:38 am

Watched my first ODP game this morning and at our game at least it was really nice to see no players flopping on the field and no parents screaming completely idiotic tings that they do at typical CL sideline games. My boy had a great experience, had fun with some new friends. He appreciated and understood the feedback from the coach. Overall, a great experience! Looking forward to the other two games (not so much the heat tho)!

And when the boys are focused on just playing and so much winning they play so much better.
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/10/2012, 9:00 am

The Ayses team is a very, very good team. What a pleasure to watch them vs the 95 team. Impressive passing and possession. Thanks for the game and good luck at the regionals.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 6/18/2012, 9:30 am

soccerbasic wrote:Thanks for the advice, but not sure ODP teaches much and defiantly nothing over our club coach. One funny not was my son was told to dribble more and don't pass as much, even in obvious passing situations. All this goes against what he has been trained to do, I know they want to see the boys dribble and take people on to evaluate them.

I know I'm a little late, but some coaches do that. It's even harder when it comes to college coaches. Some what a beautiful passing game, taking no more thence 2-3 touches. Some want there wings and forwards to turn and run at players to try and get a shot in. Both can create goals, but it's likely better to be trained in both. I was trained as a right footed left wing to pass pass pass for 4 years. Last year was the first I had a coach tell me to take players on. It's difficult to make that transition. A mix is probably the best bet.

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down