Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Soccer Team to Nationals Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Soccer Team to Nationals

Go down

Soccer Team to Nationals Empty Soccer Team to Nationals

Post by mvjharris 6/27/2012, 10:17 am

We are needing help getting to Nationals. Below is the letter that will print in the local newspaper. I just found out that this is another source that can help us. Should you need to get a hold of me. You can call me. The article is written by Don Dewbury...

Thanks,

Mike

The United Strikers, a club of boys ages 16 and under who attend several area high schools, will
represent the Metroplex, the region and all of Texas in the 2012 National President’s Cup July 11-15
in Sacramento, CA. They will compete against clubs from throughout the country for the national
championship.
The club might be better named the “United Nations,” since members’ national origin include Spain,
Burma, Great Britain, Mexico and the U.S.
After eliminating clubs competing in the North Texas level championship, the Strikers emerged as
Regional champions in Greensboro, NC, where they eliminated teams from Arkansas, Florida, Oklahoma,
Mississippi and South Texas. This marks North Texas’ first representative in the national tournament for
an entire decade.
Florencio Escobar, the club’s head coach, calls his players “the hardest-working he’s ever had the
privilege of working with,” and they are proving this to be true both on and off the field. Since winning
regionals, they’ve had wall-to-wall fundraisers, including daylong car washes. After all, their trip to
California requires broad support to cover expenses. A dinner to raise funds is planned for July 7 at
6 p.m. at Ole’s Tex-Mex Restaurant on Sandy Lake Road in Coppell.
The youngsters have only a couple of weeks to raise travel funds. Really, though, it’s a happy
problem. All the other Texas clubs—hundreds of them--wish they could face the challenge of raising
travel funds. None of them, however, qualified for nationals.
Burleson’s Mike Harris, whose son, Justin, plays for the Strikers, is helping mount the drive for funds.
“All of these young men are exemplary Americans, representing what is good and noble about our
country. “All of us are privileged to be in positions to help out.”
Harris, Director of Burleson’s Premiere Cinema, said that several team members will set up an
Information table there Saturday afternoon (June 30), so that persons who wish to learn more about the
team and the tournament may do so.
Persons desiring more information concerning support or sponsorship about the Strikers and the
national tournament are asked to contact Coach Escobar at (972) 897-1243.

mvjharris
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down