Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Seeding Speculation 02's  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Seeding Speculation 02's

+4
sumsoccer4u
cds3
debit
02boys
8 posters

Go down

QT Seeding Speculation 02's  Empty QT Seeding Speculation 02's

Post by Guest 7/12/2012, 1:57 pm

SO any guesses on the number 1 seeds for each bracket during the first week of the QT?

If the same as in years past, there may be 10 to 11 brackets of teams, with the top ten to eleven teams overall being the top seeds in their brackets. So if the top ten or eleven teams are the top seeds, who will those teams be?

Predict the top eleven seeds overall:

1. DTS
2. FCD Premiere Snell or New Name
3. Solar Crushers Red
4. Solar Dynamo
5. FCD Goncalves
6. LP Gerrard
7. DT Thornber
8. Liverpool Rush
9. TFC Larry
10 Ayses Gold 02
11: FCD Gomez

Anyone other teams that could be in the running for the top eleven seeds? Most of these teams are in the King Tut and the order could change but still expect these teams to be near the top for seeding.

Back to top Go down

QT Seeding Speculation 02's  Empty Re: QT Seeding Speculation 02's

Post by 02boys 7/12/2012, 3:08 pm

Solar dynamo is "Solar Chelsea" and Solar Crushers is "Solar Red" they go by colors followed by Black,White,etc. Cool
02boys
02boys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/12/2012, 3:32 pm

A few more name changes:

FCD Premier Snell is now FCD Premier Pino or just FCD Premier
FCD Goncalves is now FCD Central Premier
FCD Gomez is also known as FCD Red

Onto your question, I think your top 11 is pretty accurate. After you get past the top 9-10, there's a big group of teams that are pretty close in talent. You could replace FCD Gomez with Odyssey, Fort Worth Strikers, FC Premier Forzi, Azzurri, Liverpool Owen, Mexico FC, Texas Suns...

8 of the top 11 in your list are in the King Tut (DTS, Solar Red and DT Thornber are the holdouts), and I have a feeling there will be some surprising results. Some teams will elevate their seeding and some will drop.

DTS should have the #1 seed locked up so the battle is for the other teams to get as close to that as possible to make their QT bracket easier.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/12/2012, 4:01 pm

Gatorz wrote:SO any guesses on the number 1 seeds for each bracket during the first week of the QT?

If the same as in years past, there may be 10 to 11 brackets of teams, with the top ten to eleven teams overall being the top seeds in their brackets. So if the top ten or eleven teams are the top seeds, who will those teams be?

1. DTS
3. Solar Crushers Red
4. Solar Dynamo
5. FCD Goncalves
6. LP Gerrard
7. DT Thornber
8. Liverpool Rush
9. TFC Larry
10 Ayses Gold 02

Anyone other teams that could be in the running for the top eleven seeds? Most of these teams are in the King Tut and the order could change but still expect these teams to be near the top for seeding.

Well, last year there were 13 Brackets (11 4-team ones, and 2 3-team ones) for 50 teams.... we'll see how many teams register this year.

I think this year has been either more balanced or teams are more irregular than last year's in terms of Tournament and League results heading to QT. I believe it is going to be more difficult to rank teams this year, specially between 8 and 25-ish seeds. Last year with the 01's, from the 20 that qualified to classic D1, 17 were seeded in Top-20, plus 21, 22 and 34. Also the Top-10 teams (D1 for this new season), were originally seeded as follows (from 1st to 10th place): 3, 1, 4, 2, 7, 8, 19, 5, 6, 15. IMHO, I don't think is going to be that accurate this year, because of lack of information and consistency.

With the 02's, for instance, I would consider FCD-South, LP-Owen or FW-Strikers before FCD-Gomez and AYSES in the T-11 list……

What do you guys think?
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/12/2012, 4:13 pm

cds3 wrote:
Gatorz wrote:SO any guesses on the number 1 seeds for each bracket during the first week of the QT?

1. DTS
3. Solar Crushers Red
4. Solar Dynamo
5. FCD Goncalves
6. LP Gerrard
7. DT Thornber
8. Liverpool Rush
9. TFC Larry
10 Ayses Gold 02

Well, last year there were 13 Brackets (11 4-team ones, and 2 3-team ones) for 50 teams.... we'll see how many teams register this year.

I think this year has been either more balanced or teams are more irregular than last year's in terms of Tournament and League results heading to QT. I believe it is going to be more difficult to rank teams this year, specially between 8 and 25-ish seeds. Last year with the 01's, from the 20 that qualified to classic D1, 17 were seeded in Top-20, plus 21, 22 and 34. Also the Top-10 teams (D1 for this new season), were originally seeded as follows (from 1st to 10th place): 3, 1, 4, 2, 7, 8, 19, 5, 6, 15. IMHO, I don't think is going to be that accurate this year, because of lack of information and consistency.

With the 02's, for instance, I would consider FCD-South, LP-Owen or FW-Strikers before FCD-Gomez and AYSES in the T-11 list……

What do you guys think?

I think you are right that there may be some teams that are not seeded that high but actually beat some of the higher seeded teams. Some teams have gotten much better recently ( ie Meja, NT Strikers) and some are just unknown. I think it may also be that many of these teams have not played each other so regularly as there were a number of different leagues to play in.

I think the top 5-8 are pretty solid and probably the top ten but you may be right on the last few in the top ten or eleven. I hesitate on FCD South and LP Owen because I am not sure which players went where after the break up. But probably both are good teams.

I would be suprised if any of the the teams listed above in the first post don't make D1 the first year. The last ten in D1 this year is completely up for grabs.

Back to top Go down

Post by sumsoccer4u 7/19/2012, 2:18 pm

How do they seed teams from outside of DFW?
sumsoccer4u
sumsoccer4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnestrikeOnegoal 7/19/2012, 2:39 pm

02boys wrote:Solar dynamo is "Solar Chelsea" and Solar Crushers is "Solar Red" they go by colors followed by Black,White,etc. Cool
I would have thought that Solar Crushers would have gotten Solar Chelsea 02 (a much stronger team). Solar red with the color should have gone to Solar Dynamo.
OnestrikeOnegoal
OnestrikeOnegoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 7/19/2012, 3:06 pm

OnestrikeOnegoal wrote:
02boys wrote:Solar dynamo is "Solar Chelsea" and Solar Crushers is "Solar Red" they go by colors followed by Black,White,etc. Cool
I would have thought that Solar Crushers would have gotten Solar Chelsea 02 (a much stronger team). Solar red with the color should have gone to Solar Dynamo.

I think the naming is based upon where the teams are. The Solar Red teams as I understand it are the Tarrant County, or western based teams. The Solar Chelsea teams are the Plano or Dallas side teams. I don't think it has to do wtih strength of team. Both the Solar 02 teams are really strong this year.

From looking at the 01 group, the Solar Red 01 team is the top Solar team and it is the Tarrant County team out of Keller/Southlake.

The official name for the Crushers is changing to Solar Red Chelsea

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GOOOAAALLL 7/19/2012, 3:11 pm

Solar Red is the "club" name for the Fort Worth area. "Solar" represents Dallas area. If my understanding is correct, Solar Dynamo is now Solar Chelsea and top 02 team from Dallas club and Solar Crushers is now Solar Red and top team representing Fort Worth Club. Not 100% sure but pretty sure!
GOOOAAALLL
GOOOAAALLL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 7/22/2012, 5:07 pm

So, what do this weekends tournament results do to the seeding?
Was there anything surprising that may make a huge impact?

King Tut friendlies, are the results for the Platinum brackets combined and then teams placed by points, or how does that work? If so, then Solar Chelsea came out on top with 23 points. That may help Solar get seeded above FC Dallas Pino and Goncalves, what do you think?
After all the hype about AYSES and their new player, I thought they may do better than 8th of 10...what does finishing with few points do to their ranking?

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down