Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ETX Premier-SC  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ETX Premier-SC

+2
mspan02
EastTexasSoccer
6 posters

Go down

ETX Premier-SC  Empty ETX Premier-SC

Post by EastTexasSoccer 8/22/2012, 11:16 am

From ETX Premier-SC Head Coach

To all:

I’ve been reviewing all the “threads” over the last week or so that talked about ETX Premier-SC; starting with the predictions for the Texas Summer Classic. As the Head Coach for this team; I want to thank all for their compliments, criticisms, and harsh comments about ETX Premier-SC; as we will continue to build and hopefully get better based off what has been said regarding the team.

Let me be the first to say; there will NEVER BE ANOTHER IRVING ELITE in the 97 Boys age group.

Now…
As for ETP being a CL DI caliber team; I cannot nor will I confirm we could be a consistent top tier CL team every week, but I will confirm is that the boys give it their all, sometimes a BEAUTIFUL game and sometimes a UGLY game. Let’s face it; they’re still kids turning into young men and come game time, consistency issues will arise @ this age. Can we compete with DI CL teams; I strongly believe we can…but that doesn’t mean we’re better than them or not.

As for competition or some will call it “running from competition”. The tournaments I’ve chosen for ETP rather they’re “warm-up tournaments” or not, they were chosen based off historical data. We competed in both (Puma Cup & Summer Classic) last summer and both were quite competitive. As a coach I do not know what teams are competing @ the time of registration. Both tournaments directors can confirm that I “hounded” them to put us in the GOLD Division. That is if the tournament(s) were going to have a GOLD/SILVER division.

As for the “dirty play”; that’s not true. The majority (15 currently on the roster) of these kids were trained by a top tier JUCO coach over the last two years; as he served as the team technical/tactical director. They’re playing the way they were trained. This same coach has put many players into DI universities over the last 3yrs. (ex: South Florida, SMU, Florida International, Rutgers, Penn State, UC-Santa Barbara, & etc.) and not to mention DII universities…see source: TJC Soccer NEXT LEVEL on the college website

As for the college recruiting of ETP players…I can legitimately say that I have been contacted by a handful of DI, DII, & JUCO coaches inquiring about at least 5 players on the team. Does that mean they’re going to be a ESPN caliber recruit in two years; NOPE. It does mean that if you’re at the right place at the right time you can get seen. Not to mention; knowing the right people also helps.

Now in closing, the D/FW area has a lot of great teams, great parents, and great coaches…and I respect them all for the time they put into this sport. Let’s continue to grow in a positive direction and help each other out no matter what region of the state we reside.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS SEASON…HOPE TO SEE ALL THE TOP TEAMS IN NOVEMBER AT THE DALLAS TEXANS FALL FESTIVAL!!! ETX Premier-SC will be on the road in other states for the next two months representing NTX!!!

GOD BLESS...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ETX Premier-SC  Empty Re: ETX Premier-SC

Post by mspan02 8/22/2012, 2:10 pm

I do have one question coach.

Can you tell us what tournaments you are in over the next couple of months?

I think some here would like to track the results.

And put a leash on your parent Laimport and his evil twin the first time posting classic league ref Surprised

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 8/22/2012, 2:33 pm

September 7th weekend...Cajun Classic Cup hosted by Cajun Soccer Club (Lafayette, LA)...we finished 2nd last year in this tournament
October 12th weekend...Crossroads of South Showcase hosted by Jackson Futbol Club (Jackson, MS)....we've never been, but my counterpart with Nike Tennessee Rush (Mike Knowles) recommended this event.

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 8/22/2012, 3:26 pm

We've played ETX several times and they are not dirty!
That's crap
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 8/22/2012, 5:35 pm

I find it funny that ETXP was compared to IE. I think a better comparison is to Amarillo Lightning. IE ended with a roster that was nothing like the roster it started with in the Arlington league. They picked up players yearly from the talent rich DFW area. Am. Light. and ETXP do not have that luxury. The problem is when someone hypes up an out of town team that does not play the top teams regularly. Am.Light took it lumps early but continually improved and now is in D2 and I think will be very competitive. ETXP is not playing in CL so they must show their wares in tournies and until they play and beat(I understand development is important but this is an opinion board so results mean more that competing)the top teams, deserving or not respect will not be given. I for one hope ETXP continues to get better so when these 97s graduate their soccer experience will continue. Until then ETXP seems like another mid level D2 team looking to improve.

Just a humble opinion from a NTx soccer snob Smile
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerWarrior 8/22/2012, 5:51 pm

Can everyone stop talking about this team already! Its obvious from all of the different threads that some people dig you and some people just cant stand you. I am sure there is some truth to both the positive and the negative. Let it die already and move on to something more interesting.

And I agree...the newcomer ref is a bunch of bologna! He's an ETX parent or coach.
Sleep

SoccerWarrior
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 8/22/2012, 9:42 pm

True10 wrote:I find it funny that ETXP was compared to IE. I think a better comparison is to Amarillo Lightning. IE ended with a roster that was nothing like the roster it started with in the Arlington league. They picked up players yearly from the talent rich DFW area. Am. Light. and ETXP do not have that luxury. The problem is when someone hypes up an out of town team that does not play the top teams regularly. Am.Light took it lumps early but continually improved and now is in D2 and I think will be very competitive. ETXP is not playing in CL so they must show their wares in tournies and until they play and beat(I understand development is important but this is an opinion board so results mean more that competing)the top teams, deserving or not respect will not be given. I for one hope ETXP continues to get better so when these 97s graduate their soccer experience will continue. Until then ETXP seems like another mid level D2 team looking to improve.

Just a humble opinion from a NTx soccer snob Smile

cheers cheers cheers
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down