Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)

+2
socmom97
burnthestar
6 posters

Go down

Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)  Empty Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)

Post by burnthestar 10/10/2012, 10:32 am

LP (Mejia) vs. DT (Scott)- LP wins 4-2 (By the end of the season, LP (Mejia) will be in the Top 5).

FCD (Gonclaves) vs. Sporting United- FCD wins 3-0 (If the CL officials actually read the last few postings on this forum, I'm sure they'll have their eyes on this game. Honestly, I'm certain this child didn't know that he couldn't have those type of spikes. And how many coaches actually conduct pre-game inspections of their players' gear?).

LP (Fagen) vs. Arsenal- Arsenal wins 3-1

DT (Thornber) vs. FCD (Zua Zua)- DT wins 5-2

Last edited by burnthestar on 10/10/2012, 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I can)
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)  Empty Re: Thursday (Oct 11th Predictions)

Post by socmom97 10/10/2012, 11:11 am

burnthestar wrote:LP (Mejia) vs. DT (Scott)- LP wins 4-2 (By the end of the season, LP (Mejia) will be in the Top 5).

FCD (Gonclaves) vs. Sporting United- FCD wins 3-0 (If the CL officials actually read the last few postings on this forum, I'm sure they'll have their eyes on this game. Honestly, I'm certain this child didn't know that he couldn't have those type of spikes. And how many coaches actually conduct pre-game inspections of their players' gear?).

Classic League doesn't have a rule on metal spikes. It is up to the referee if he/she allows.
socmom97
socmom97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 10/10/2012, 11:22 am

socmom97 wrote:
burnthestar wrote:LP (Mejia) vs. DT (Scott)- LP wins 4-2 (By the end of the season, LP (Mejia) will be in the Top 5).

Classic League doesn't have a rule on metal spikes. It is up to the referee if he/she allows.

Thanks for the info.
So, other than the "alleged" blatant fouls that resulted in a Red Card to this kid, what is all the ruckus about what type of cleats that he used if that type is legal?
No, I am not condoning anyone cleating another player on purpose. But most of the hoopla seemed to be focused on the type of cleat used.
Right now I'm standing in line at Thugs R' Us with my BB's new metal studded cleats.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 10/10/2012, 11:23 am

I'm joking BTW. Okay?
I'm on here just to have fun and to read you people's responses.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 10/10/2012, 11:29 am

socmom97 wrote:

SPIKES or screw in studs? There's a difference. Spikes are used for softball/baseball to dig into the infield dirt. Baseball players are allowed to slide spikes-up into the bases. Spikes are a definite no-no for soccer. Legs would be gashed to pieces.

On the other hand, screw in STUDS (plastic, titanium, aluminum, etc.) for soccer shoes are used for SOFT ground. Popular in climates with soft, mushy ground. They are not really necessary in the hard ground climate Texas. They are not popular due to the expense and are really bad for players' feet and ankles if worn on hard ground.

Referees checks cleats before games to ensure they haven't been "sharpened" by damage. Walking on asphalt or concrete will sharpen cleats.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 10/10/2012, 11:55 am

PG-Boy wrote:
socmom97 wrote:

SPIKES or screw in studs? There's a difference. Spikes are used for softball/baseball to dig into the infield dirt. Baseball players are allowed to slide spikes-up into the bases. Spikes are a definite no-no for soccer. Legs would be gashed to pieces.

On the other hand, screw in STUDS (plastic, titanium, aluminum, etc.) for soccer shoes are used for SOFT ground. Popular in climates with soft, mushy ground. They are not really necessary in the hard ground climate Texas. They are not popular due to the expense and are really bad for players' feet and ankles if worn on hard ground.

Referees checks cleats before games to ensure they haven't been "sharpened" by damage. Walking on asphalt or concrete will sharpen cleats.

Again, thanks for the info. I know even less about baseball than about soccer.

I have yet to see the refs check our team's cleats before their games this season.
I remember last year in rec, they did this before every game.

burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/10/2012, 12:08 pm

Have never seen a cleat check in select PPL or CL. Rec they do it but they are only looking for toe cleats of baseball cleats.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermanaic77 10/10/2012, 8:23 pm

Like they say, spikes to baseball and cleat are to soccer. And for the info, Texas at this time ,on any soccer fields ,that are natural to black gumbo dirt(TEXAS DIRT)stay moist do to DEW. Dude, they water a lot,If the grass is green then Hello. So the grounds are moist. FC Dallas fields stay sloppy, cause they use a Bermuda/Rye mix that make it soft. So SG cleats are good for the terrain that they play on,Richland too. Metal cleat NO NO, but it was probably a over look by the parents.But GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO #1........... lets do this... pirat
soccermanaic77
soccermanaic77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GOOOAAALLL 10/11/2012, 10:26 pm

final results from 10/11

LP Owen (Mejia) 4-0 over Texans Scott
Texans Thornber 2-1 over FCD Zuazua
FCD Central Premiere 1-0 over Sporting United
LP Rush (Fagen) 4-1 over Arsenal
GOOOAAALLL
GOOOAAALLL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermanaic77 10/11/2012, 10:32 pm

WOW.....Too Lucking...But a win is a win. confused
Great game guys
soccermanaic77
soccermanaic77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down