Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97's Bobby Rhine.. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97's Bobby Rhine..

+7
DragonStryker
twotone
eredivisie
love_your_refs
soccermom97b
TBBD
futbolfiend
11 posters

Go down

97's Bobby Rhine.. Empty 97's Bobby Rhine..

Post by futbolfiend 11/19/2012, 8:43 pm

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=24045&GroupID=255421&Gender=Boys&Age=16

Looks like we get our shot against TXS

surprised to not see TFC Blue..which did the mid majors and indys proud at DTFF...
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

97's Bobby Rhine.. Empty Re: 97's Bobby Rhine..

Post by TBBD 11/19/2012, 8:54 pm

futbolfiend wrote:http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=24045&GroupID=255421&Gender=Boys&Age=16

surprised to not see TFC Blue..which did the mid majors and indys proud at DTFF...

If it stands like it is posted you can thank the schedule gods.

TBBD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 11/19/2012, 9:49 pm

futbolfiend wrote:http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=24045&GroupID=255421&Gender=Boys&Age=16

We have a club mandated showcase the following weekend and weren't up for 3 weekends of tournament play in a row so we decided against this one.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/19/2012, 10:48 pm

Good things come to those who wait...much easier path to Dallas Cup in this one.

My favorites would be FCD-PA, FCD-Blue and FCD Central...The kind of weird thing is...If any those 3 teams or any non-metro team win, then FCD Blue gets the metro area bid as the first alternate(2nd in Classic league) or as the outright winner.

Are ETX folks playing for a DC bid or are they not qualified? As I read the rules there is no auto-bid for them, but maybe the DC board would throw them a bone.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2012, 9:20 am

love_your_refs wrote:Good things come to those who wait...much easier path to Dallas Cup in this one.

My favorites would be FCD-PA, FCD-Blue and FCD Central...The kind of weird thing is...If any those 3 teams or any non-metro team win, then FCD Blue gets the metro area bid as the first alternate(2nd in Classic league) or as the outright winner.

Are ETX folks playing for a DC bid or are they not qualified? As I read the rules there is no auto-bid for them, but maybe the DC board would throw them a bone.

Isn't FCD Blue already in Dallas Cup because Badii's team failed to qualify (DTR finished 8th in league play.)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 11/20/2012, 10:24 am

IM just curious in the 97's who have already qualified for Dallas Cup

Top 2 in CL D1 ?
winner of DTFF--FCD PA?

is that it. Texans as host don't have a team?

Sorry... outsider not aware of how you guys do it.

FF
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/20/2012, 11:02 am

I think you are right about FCDB. Although the board has a right to decide on using alternates.

Here is who is qualified in U16 bracket for sure:
FCD Central-1st in Classic League
DTFW-Host Club Bye
FCD-PA-Winner DTFF
Winner of Bobby Rhine, if not one of these teams or a non-metro team.

I guess the board reserves the right to give these:
FCDB- First alternate(should be in with only one DT team)
Solar PA- Second Alternate(should be in if an inelegible team wins Bobby Rhine)

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 11/21/2012, 10:21 pm

love_your_refs wrote:I think you are right about FCDB. Although the board has a right to decide on using alternates.

DTFW-Host Club Bye
FCD-PA-Winner DTFF

Why is Solar PA the second alternate? They are behind DT PA in PA standings, lost to DT in the tourney. I would think DT PA would be next in line from the Pre Academy ranks.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 11/22/2012, 2:46 am

believe that the 1st alternate comes from CL and the 2nd alternate comes from PA. it's just the way the DC rules are this year. another change is there is only 1 auto bid from CL this year as opposed to Top 2 last year. change is because of the 2 tourney champ bids (DTFF & BR) basically replacing 2nd place in CL and PA

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/22/2012, 7:41 am

eredivisie wrote:
love_your_refs wrote:I think you are right about FCDB. Although the board has a right to decide on using alternates.

DTFW-Host Club Bye
FCD-PA-Winner DTFF

Why is Solar PA the second alternate? They are behind DT PA in PA standings, lost to DT in the tourney. I would think DT PA would be next in line from the Pre Academy ranks.

It may be DT...they are close in points, I guess it depends on when cup looks at the standings and who is leading at that time. Last time I looked Solar was ahead, as of now DT is ahead, but Solar has a game in pocket, a win or tie in that game right now would put them ahead of DT. Solar also beat DT 4-1 in league play.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

97's Bobby Rhine.. Empty Bobby Rhine 97b scores?

Post by Guest 11/23/2012, 5:33 pm

Anyone know the scores for the noon games?

I believe Blue beat Americas 2-1

El Paso vs Rattlers?
FCD PA vs TFC Royal?

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 11/24/2012, 6:12 pm

Interesting...
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/24/2012, 8:10 pm

DragonStryker wrote:Interesting...

I'm sure you're referring to the all FC Dallas teams semifinals cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 11/24/2012, 8:24 pm

Maradona wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:Interesting...

I'm sure you're referring to the all FC Dallas teams semifinals cheers

Or the lack of a certain team from East Tx.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/24/2012, 10:12 pm

Let me go ahead and tell you how it goes...the two teams that already have a DC bid...loose in the semis...Then FCDB beats el paso...And they all get in.

The fix is in folks....Smile

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 11/24/2012, 10:20 pm

Laimport? futbolfiend? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/24/2012, 10:27 pm

I got a feeling the coach put the gag order on them after DTFF...I will fill in:

Laimpart- The system is flawed. Why don't the money grabbers NPL/USSF teams want to scrimmage us?

Futbolfiend- The key game to look at is the 1-0 win against FCD El Paso combined with that with a 1-0 win against TFC Blue and a 1-0 against Solar Red, it shows that ETXP could easily compete in D1 Classic League.

Smile Just teasing guys.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/25/2012, 11:34 am

love_your_refs wrote:I got a feeling the coach put the gag order on them after DTFF...I will fill in:

Laimpart- The system is flawed. Why don't the money grabbers NPL/USSF teams want to scrimmage us?

Futbolfiend- The key game to look at is the 1-0 win against FCD El Paso combined with that with a 1-0 win against TFC Blue and a 1-0 against Solar Red, it shows that ETXP could easily compete in D1 Classic League.

Smile Just teasing guys.

Glad you've got it all figured out.

First, ETP laid a couple of eggs. I'm the first to admit it.

That said, Group D was not the 'cakewalk' a couple of self appointed experts said it was. We wanted to compete against top level teams. And we did just that. The exception was that they were South Texas teams and not NTX teams.

Two important lessons learned. First, the level of play I witnessed overall was not that far ahead. Second ETP is still a couple of players shy of being able to seriously compete at the very top level.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

97's Bobby Rhine.. Empty Watched you guys

Post by Marvelousmar 11/25/2012, 1:05 pm

I live in the area so I was curious to check you guys out in your first game. Not a bad group. Your assement is honest looked like your short a few players to make that jump. The touch was a little off on the build up. (Possible the strong winds) But from what I saw just looked like a team that wants a chance to compete with better comp to see where they lie in comparison to others. Anyway good luck East Texas Premier as you go forward in your endeavors.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 11/25/2012, 10:28 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:I live in the area so I was curious to check you guys out in your first game. Not a bad group. Your assement is honest looked like your short a few players to make that jump. The touch was a little off on the build up. (Possible the strong winds) But from what I saw just looked like a team that wants a chance to compete with better comp to see where they lie in comparison to others. Anyway good luck East Texas Premier as you go forward in your endeavors.

appreciate the thought. was asked on another thread if we would hear crow excuses or silence, I'm going with a mix of the first two Smile

First really appreciate the opportunity we were given by FC Dallas to come and play. At the end of the weekend I've got a much better feel for CL1 and PA Play. I was able to catch part of an FC Gold Blue and Central and all of the PA's semi today. Most impressed with Blue. It appeared the PA brought in some younger guys in the semi's.

Now for the good bad and ugly for ETX, in a nutshell we tied a game we should have won going away won a game we could have easily lost and lost a game that should have tied.I have always maintained you put us in in a league of lower tier CL1 and upper tier CL2 and we are about where our natural level is at this juncture. What really stood out this weekend is the raw athleticism combined with technical skill of the top CL teams.

We did some things good like not giving up a goal from run of play but our set piece defense was atrocious and cost us a tie and a loss. We did put together 20 solid minutes of soccer in the second half against El Paso that led to two great chances one of which was converted but we were outshot and fortunate to get the result.

Ok here come the excuses (or context as I like to call it)

Im sure other squads deal with multi sport players this just happened to hit us hard with football playoffs this weekend as our starting goalie was unavailable for all 3 games and starting centerback was out for game 1.. forcing our true 98 in goal and a field player in game 3 after he (98) was hurt on a challenge that led to SA first goal.

Were young starting 3 98's this weekend.
Our touch was was off ..just lack of training that is something we will be much improved at in the spring. What we can't really improve on is overall athleticism and that keeps us from contending with the top 4 or 5 CL squads.

I know someone earlier mentioned how weak the STX teams were, I didn't get that impression although like us they are a step behind the top of CL1, still (and this in not a slight) I felt the SA and El Paso teams put more pressure on us than any of the other NTX opponents we have played so far this year. El Paso in particular was extremely physical and athletic and pretty good technically too.

I stayed an extra day so I could catch the semi's I knew El Paso only need to win in the semi's to get the invite and PA already had their slot so motivation was really on EP's side. I thought the game was pretty even with PA's superior technicals counteracted by EP's superior athleticism. One thing I did not like is the CR allowed PA to constantly grab and hold EP on counters. You can call it a technical foul but at some point you need to start showing cards for persistent infringement. Both teams scored a high quality goal PA had a goal called back for offside and EP hit the post and the ball careened down the line but never across so it went to PK's PA missed their first one and EP drained 5 to win 5-4

would have liked to see the final.

ok long story short, gained a new appreciation for the top 3 Cl teams BLue Central and Gold.. ETX still a couple of horses away from the show.
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/26/2012, 8:53 am

I have to agree with futbolfiend. ETP just doesn't have the athleticism to compete with the top D1 CL teams. Especially week in/week out.

I think at least 1 if not 2 of the teams we faced COULD compete in D1 CL. (Especially FCD El Paso.)

That said, we are a very, very 'young' U16 team by NTX CL D1 standards. Especially when you consider we have 3 or 4 U15 'eligible' players that are consistent starters. (One or 2 of whom are not only starters but impact players.)

On a side note, I watched a couple of teams in the U15 group. There is a huge difference between top U15 and top U16 teams. What a difference a year makes.

Everyone knows I talk about player development and am sometimes a harsh critic. But from a developmental perspective, I think it bodes well for ETP's 'underage' players.

If a u15 can compete against top level U16 players, and even make an impact, then I have to believe they would be among the best in their own natural age group.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down