Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

SDL - New For Spring 2013 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

SDL - New For Spring 2013

+3
omega striker
finish1
DYSP Promo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SDL - New For Spring 2013 Empty SDL - New For Spring 2013

Post by DYSP Promo 12/13/2012, 11:52 am

SDL Spring 2013

WHERE:
Dynamic Sports Park (DSP) – Plano
Blue Sky – The Colony

Opens week of Dec. 16th

DEADLINE:January 30th 2013 Registration Closes
START DATE:February 16th 2013
AGE GROUPS:U6 thru U10

DIVISIONS:
*Platinum (new)
*Division 1
*Division 2
*Division 3

New For Spring 2013
• Platinum Division
• U6 Age Group
• Lower price for 7v7
• Post season SDL Champions Cup
• Scores posted for U9 – U10
• Qualifying Tournament Feb. 8-10 to fill open Platinum Division spots

INC list available for interested teams: SDL Spring INC List
League Flyer
League Website

DYSP Promo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

SDL - New For Spring 2013 Empty Re: SDL - New For Spring 2013

Post by finish1 12/13/2012, 1:29 pm

This is totally what we need in NTX. More meaningless leagues for hyper competitive parents to showcase their even younger players. Now, with a bonus: A "Platinum" division for the ultra competitive parents who can brag about their 9 year old being "the best of the best."

No way to convince these parents that their 9 year old super stud will be a comparative example at U15 as the "less than elite" players take away their starting positions and move on to the higher levels.

Remember the proven adage, 8 year old stud, 14 year old dud.

Too much, too far, too soon.

Good luck parents, NTX soccer has given you what exactly what you've asked for...$$$

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 2:00 pm

finish1 wrote:This is totally what we need in NTX. More meaningless leagues for hyper competitive parents to showcase their even younger players. Now, with a bonus: A "Platinum" division for the ultra competitive parents who can brag about their 9 year old being "the best of the best."

No way to convince these parents that their 9 year old super stud will be a comparative example at U15 as the "less than elite" players take away their starting positions and move on to the higher levels.

Remember the proven adage, 8 year old stud, 14 year old dud.

Too much, too far, too soon.

Good luck parents, NTX soccer has given you what exactly what you've asked for...$$$

I disagree with you for a couple of reasons. If my kids teams is winning every weekend 8-0, 7-0, 9-1 etc, why would I not want them to be grouped with the best teams in the "Platinum Division"? So I can claim I don't care about winning and be a true development purist? I would rather them play another team of their same level than walk over people on Saturday after Saturday. If this league does that, then great.

As to the other comment, I hear that all the time but have never seen it. ( Maybe I am not looking hard enough) But, I find it hard to believe that the kid that is fast, has good touch, a good shot, moves the ball well and has a good soccer IQ will somehow magically get beaten out by Bobby birdwatcher as he gets older. That is silly and does not make sense. I have seen kids start at age 6 and make it to 11. Guess what, the ones that were best at 6 are still the best at 11. I dont think the benchwarmers are all the sudden going to start killing it just because they turn 14.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/13/2012, 3:09 pm

Good point Gatorz. If your team/bb is killing the competition in their age group, play up. That usually solves the issue. If that's not enough, play up another year. At that point it becomes a non-issue.

OK, this is my 35+ years in soccer talking. By U15, the kids who were absolutely, hands down, the best around from U11 and younger are mostly a faded memory. There are a few exceptions, but they are rare and far between. Puberty is the giant reset button. Early bloomers usually don't make that transition.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/13/2012, 3:15 pm

finish1 wrote:Good point Gatorz. If your team/bb is killing the competition in their age group, play up. That usually solves the issue. If that's not enough, play up another year. At that point it becomes a non-issue.

OK, this is my 35+ years in soccer talking. By U15, the kids who were absolutely, hands down, the best around from U11 and younger are mostly a faded memory. There are a few exceptions, but they are rare and far between. Puberty is the giant reset button. Early bloomers usually don't make that transition.
just leave it alone finish your gonna kill his dreams! he in time will learn what us "older/veterans" have learned What a Face
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 3:22 pm

finish1 wrote:Good point Gatorz. If your team/bb is killing the competition in their age group, play up. That usually solves the issue. If that's not enough, play up another year. At that point it becomes a non-issue.

I hear you on playing up, but 03's cannot play up into select so there is really no other option. My main point is I see no dasterdly plan in simply trying to put the best teams together in a league to challenge themselves.

I don't have 35+ years experience and I don't have 1651 posts on this forum, so maybe I am just a rube, but are you telling me the clumsy, slow, trip over their own feet kids at U11 are going to be world beaters at U14? If so, I may just have to tell my kid there is hope yet. I just need to let him know when this magical transfomation will take place. Also let me know when the kids that start, score all the goals and are awesome at U11 are going to start sucking.

I like the way you think. We should really be scouting all the Rec leagues for the next pro players. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 3:24 pm

omega striker wrote:

just leave it alone finish your gonna kill his dreams! he in time will learn what us "older/veterans" have learned What a Face

I could be wrong but isn't it your kid people refer to as the "special one" and a truly gifted player? ( It may be another posters kid, but I thought I saw it was yours.)( maybe little AX or some other regulars kid) If so, did he sit the bench at U9 or so and then become a star at U14?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 3:43 pm

"I have seen kids start at age 6 and make it to 11. Guess what, the ones that were best at 6 are still the best at 11. I dont think the benchwarmers are all the sudden going to start killing it just because they turn 14. "

you left out something-speed. when puberty kicks in kids who rely on speed and neglect footwork get a big shock . all of a sudden they CAN'T outrun that last defender who may also be bigger and they can't kick it past the defender and outrun him. the kids that were skillful but slower have caught up and now that fast kid isn't fast just average with average skills....

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/13/2012, 4:00 pm

Gatorz, the "Special One" is that rare exception. He is a 98 birth year who played up his first year of Classic and has always been a super special kid to watch play soccer.

Your reference to rec vs select is very extreme. You have a lot to learn. Be patient.

SG123, that is the very point that trips up 99.99% of the early bloomers. They rely on their size, speed and skill while they have the advantage. At puberty, the other kids catch them and leave them behind. That's the rule, but there are exceptions...very few.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 4:00 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"I have seen kids start at age 6 and make it to 11. Guess what, the ones that were best at 6 are still the best at 11. I dont think the benchwarmers are all the sudden going to start killing it just because they turn 14. "

you left out something-speed. when puberty kicks in kids who rely on speed and neglect footwork get a big shock . all of a sudden they CAN'T outrun that last defender who may also be bigger and they can't kick it past the defender and outrun him. the kids that were skillful but slower have caught up and now that fast kid isn't fast just average with average skills....

I understand what you guys are saying, but I refute the premise that the kids that are good at 6 or 7 are only that way because they are fast. The ones that I saw that were the best at 6 or 7 were fast but also the most agile, had the best footwork and the best shot and knowing where to play the ball. That has not changed as they got older and if they lose the speed aspect, they will still have the best footwork, the best shot and the best knowledge of where to play the ball.

If the point is that the best kids at 6 or 7 are that way ONLY because they run fast and have bricks for feet, then maybe I would agree with you. But, in my limited experience, that is not the case. The BEST players, even at the younger ages can do more than just run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 4:02 pm

finish1 wrote:Gatorz, the "Special One" is that rare exception. He is a 98 birth year who played up his first year of Classic and has always been a super special kid to watch play soccer.

Your reference to rec vs select is very extreme. You have a lot to learn. Be patient.

SG123, that is the very point that trips up 99.99% of the early bloomers. They rely on their size, speed and skill while they have the advantage. At puberty, the other kids catch them and leave them behind. That's the rule, but there are exceptions...very few.

Did he sit the bench at U8 or U9 or was he the best on the field even then and still the best on the field now that he is older? He would be an exception to your rule, but I suggest there are more exceptions out there.

No doubt, I have a lot to learn. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 12/13/2012, 4:04 pm

"OK, this is my 35+ years in soccer talking. By U15, the kids who were absolutely, hands down, the best around from U11 and younger are mostly a faded memory. There are a few exceptions, but they are rare and far between. Puberty is the giant reset button. Early bloomers usually don't make that transition."
Yep I have seen it happen many times...Work on your skills and do not rely on speed.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 12/13/2012, 4:12 pm

so my BB has a chance. he has never been the fastest on his team let alone on the field.

lol!
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 4:16 pm

odie1993 wrote:so my BB has a chance. he has never been the fastest on his team let alone on the field.

lol!

This whole thread bodes well for the little, slow guys that don't play much. It bodes not so well for the parents of those kids that are the best on the team, put in the hours of training and dominate the game. There day will come and they will one day get beat out by the daisy picker.

In my best Jim Carey voice: "SO YOUR SAYING THERES A CHANCE."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 4:28 pm

Gatorz wrote:
odie1993 wrote:so my BB has a chance. he has never been the fastest on his team let alone on the field.

lol!

This whole thread bodes well for the little, slow guys that don't play much. It bodes not so well for the parents of those kids that are the best on the team, put in the hours of training and dominate the game. There day will come and they will one day get beat out by the daisy picker.

not saying that. I think that good players at u9 will not dominate forever. i have seen personally stars who scored a bunch of goals and were studs, turn very average after puberty. it's a crap shoot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 4:39 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

lol!

not saying that. I think that good players at u9 will not dominate forever. i have seen personally stars who scored a bunch of goals and were studs, turn very average after puberty. it's a crap shoot...

I see what you guys ( the majority ) are saying and I guess I will be relegated to being ignorant on this topic based upon a lack of experience. But to put it in real terms: I am familir with the 02 age group. I have seen the top kids on the top teams in that age group ( DTS, Solar Red, FCD Goncalves, FCD Premiere) for the last three years or so. It is always the same kids dominating the games and being the best players from each time.

I would doubt that the best players on those teams will somehow forget how to play or be faded memories in the next three years. Some of the kids play very well and I expect them to be around for a while. I could be wrong and if you guys are correct, they will all either quit or get passed up by other kids. I will wait and see.

Good topic...

SDL, sorry to highjack your league anouncement. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 12/13/2012, 4:41 pm

Gatorz wrote:

lol!

my BB is not a daisy picker which worries me when he turns 14. he is a very solid player with good ball skill and a good soccer IQ. he is just slow. not sure where that puts him under finish's criteria.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/13/2012, 5:17 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

lol!

That's exactly right SG123. Disagree with the crap shoot analogy, though. Point being the landscape of super stars of U11 and younger is very different at U15 and older.

Gatorz, technically, an exceptional '03 could play up into the NPL league with the '02 age group right now since that league is not regulated by NTX. Is anyone doing that now?

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2012, 5:27 pm

finish1 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

lol!

That's exactly right SG123. Disagree with the crap shoot analogy, though. Point being the landscape of super stars of U11 and younger is very different at U15 and older.

Gatorz, technically, an exceptional '03 could play up into the NPL league with the '02 age group right now since that league is not regulated by NTX. Is anyone doing that now?

Classic league is all I know right now for the 02 age group. I think the 01s are also doing PA ( is this NPL) but as far as I know, they are still rostered on their 02 teams. Not sure if any 03s are playing PA with the 01s.

I know the 03's cann't play up into Classic League so the "Platinum" Division will be where its at for SDL. The parents should get shirts and bumper stickers that say " My kid plays Platinum, Where does your's play?"

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/13/2012, 5:52 pm

Gatorz wrote:
omega striker wrote:

I could be wrong but isn't it your kid people refer to as the "special one" and a truly gifted player? ( It may be another posters kid, but I thought I saw it was yours.)( maybe little AX or some other regulars kid) If so, did he sit the bench at U9 or so and then become a star at U14?
not my kiddo the "special one aka chosen one"played for ASG and otherteams in youth academy then jumped to solar 98 then FCD 97 then FCD PA a very very special player indeed!Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 12/13/2012, 5:59 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:not saying that. I think that good players at u9 will not dominate forever. i have seen personally stars who scored a bunch of goals and were studs, turn very average after puberty. it's a crap shoot...

I think this is the point. Young stars can become very average over time. They won't become terrible players and likewise hopeless players will not become awesome players.

Development is a long process with peaks and plateaus. A kid can have exceptional skills at 11 but then develop at a snail pace while others develop at a faster pace and so catch up by 15.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 12/13/2012, 6:06 pm

If the SDL is a super development league why does it now have a champions cup? Don't academy players frequently play on more than one team as well?

We just keep driving the uber competitive spirit down younger and younger....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/13/2012, 6:14 pm

Gatorz wrote:
omega striker wrote:

also my kid has always been just a "bench player" maybe the "12th man" at best hes just toooooooo slooooooowww Mad
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/14/2012, 7:40 am

Gatorz, here is a link for you. Yes, an '03 can play up into the '02 pre-academy. I haven't heard of any '03's playing up into that league, but if someone were exceptional enough...

http://npltexas.demosphere.com/teams/50651372/55347577-55346138/TEAM.html

I just don't believe SDL needs 4 degrees of competitiveness at the younger ages. Some coaches are feeding off parental egos and making empty promises of the future...while taking their money. This decision by SDL feeds that cycle and will do nothing to improve the overall level of player competency.

We need less league play, not more. The focus for the younger ages needs to be skill, touch and movement in small sided games.

What ever happened to Reyna and Klinsman's plan to redefine youth soccer and get us all moving in the same direction? This idea can't possibly be part of that plan...

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with an end-of-season tournament for a Champions Cup. It's a great way to measure player performance vs their peers.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/14/2012, 10:39 am

finish1 wrote:Gatorz, here is a link for you. Yes, an '03 can play up into the '02 pre-academy. I haven't heard of any '03's playing up into that league, but if someone were exceptional enough...

http://npltexas.demosphere.com/teams/50651372/55347577-55346138/TEAM.html

I just don't believe SDL needs 4 degrees of competitiveness at the younger ages. Some coaches are feeding off parental egos and making empty promises of the future...while taking their money. This decision by SDL feeds that cycle and will do nothing to improve the overall level of player competency.

We need less league play, not more. The focus for the younger ages needs to be skill, touch and movement in small sided games.

What ever happened to Reyna and Klinsman's plan to redefine youth soccer and get us all moving in the same direction? This idea can't possibly be part of that plan...

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with an end-of-season tournament for a Champions Cup. It's a great way to measure player performance vs their peers.

Where are Solar, FCD and Andromeda in that league? I thought they all had PA teams as well.

I still don't have a problem with the league trying to set levels of play. It is not always about EGO of the parents or coach but what is actually best for the kids. As I said, no team likes to beat up on other teams every weekend and no team likes to get killed every weekend either. If the league can sift them into appropriate divisions for play, then that works for me.

I think they should start practicing 3 times a week at U9 and play once per weekend. I also don't have a problem with them starting to keep score, as most parents of these teams know what the score was and if they won or lost. I don't see any way around that.

I guess we could play 4v4 or 5v5 until they were 13 on small fields with no scores, but I think participation would drop significantly. That system will not work in America for at least another 10 or 15 years until we develop a real soccer culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next