Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys

+5
goscore!
yellowboots
Headhunter75
finish1
cowpukesfan
9 posters

Go down

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys Empty Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys

Post by cowpukesfan 1/20/2013, 6:55 pm

DT South vs. DT North.
Both teams looked good.
DT South won, but DT North looked damn good.
It was an awesome game.
Parents were cool as heck.
I really enjoyed the game.
Now I know who "Marcio" is. He kinda called out my BB by yelling to his defender "That kid almost scored on you, and he's not one of their top players!".
Wow..... LOL! No harm done. Just ammo for my BB to use to make himself better.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys Empty Re: Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys

Post by finish1 1/20/2013, 7:44 pm

DT South vs. DT North.
Both teams looked good.
DT South won, but DT North looked damn good.
It was an awesome game.
Parents were cool as heck.
I really enjoyed the game.
Now I know who "Marcio" is. He kinda called out my BB by yelling to his defender "That kid almost scored on you, and he's not one of their top players!".
Wow..... LOL! No harm done. Just ammo for my BB to use to make himself better.

Puke, it seems as if you felt a bit offended by Marcio's comments.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys Empty Re: Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys

Post by cowpukesfan 1/20/2013, 8:26 pm

Honestly, at first I was.
But he doesn't know my BB, so no harm done.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Headhunter75 1/20/2013, 8:57 pm

I did not have a horse is this race, but good game today, DTS looked good ,very dominating considering they had a few starters missing. Marcios boys seemed overly aggressive but quick to the ball. Great game. I heard a parent comment on the opposing team as " no class".Wow ! She was the worst ( biggest mouth and biggest butt)one of all. I wish those parents would remember that this is only a game and the better team won ( again). It's no any fun when you have to listen to delusional parents say smart a$$ remarks because things are not going the way they want. We need to remember its not about the parents it's all about the young athletes who work very hard and we should lead by example and be humble winners and gracious losers. I can't wait for Classic league , hope to see some personal growth for those parents who need it. Very Happy
Headhunter75
Headhunter75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/20/2013, 9:09 pm

You always have "that parent(s)".
Most of the ones that I spoke to are pretty good folks.
Maybe it was just a fit of anger.
It happens. Lord knows I'm not the most mellow fellow sometimes.
Maybe the lady just had a bad day.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Headhunter75 1/20/2013, 9:45 pm

Ya, I had good conversation with a parent from the DT and even he was annoyed with that parent. By the way congrats DTS.
Headhunter75
Headhunter75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/20/2013, 9:48 pm

It happens.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 1/21/2013, 10:41 am

I also had a younger kid from Dallas that was playing in the finals. We finished in time to watch the last 10 minutes of this game. Dont know which parents are for which team, but there was a lot of unnecessary comments to the refs by parents. One parent even took his camera and was having what looked like a heated conversation with the ref. Who does that? I assume it was either about his BB being fouled or showing he wasnt fouling.

Again not sure what team this parents was on, but if you are with the Dallas Texans organization, DT02 take your loss and go home, DT02South take your win and go home.

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 1/21/2013, 1:45 pm

congrats Texans South on winning another tournament LOL

"I assume it was either about his BB being fouled or showing he wasnt fouling."
yellowboots, you know what they say about assuming =)
What if that had nothing to do with the game, or he was showing something that the ref needed to see... you never know!
And I'm pretty sure both Texans teams took their win or loss and went on home.

What we should all be concentrating on here is how much better Dallas is than those other crappy cities cheers (just kidding, a little)

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 1/21/2013, 2:00 pm

goscore! wrote:congrats Texans South on winning another tournament LOL

"I assume it was either about his BB being fouled or showing he wasnt fouling."
yellowboots, you know what they say about assuming =)
What if that had nothing to do with the game, or he was showing something that the ref needed to see... you never know!
And I'm pretty sure both Texans teams took their win or loss and went on home.

What we should all be concentrating on here is how much better Dallas is than those other crappy cities cheers (just kidding, a little)

Parents dont need to talk to the ref's about anything is the point. Pretty sure it wasnt about how the family is doing. Probably wasnt asking for permission to put anything on youtube either...Or it could have been - "Look at this camera, how much do you think I can get for it in Houston"

"And I'm pretty sure both Texans teams took their win or loss and went on home." If you are attacking a ref after a game, win or lose, it is unacceptable..

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 1/21/2013, 2:35 pm

Were parents attacking a ref? I got the impression from what you wrote that a parent was showing the ref something on a camera. Of course attacking a ref is completely unacceptable! Considering many cameras have wi-fi, a parent showing a ref something on a camera could be as harmless as showing the schedule, tournament rules, or maybe even a funny picture of the ref during the game, ect. My point is unless you know exactly what happened, assuming isn't helpful.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 1/21/2013, 3:30 pm

I was trying to be nice about this incident, trying not to single either team out and assumed the responsible team would also recognize that this is unacceptable. Since you questioned me, a dad on the white team walked straight across the field, pulled his BB away from his team, and proceeded to argue and point at the camera about something to do with his BB's play with his BB listening to the who;e thing. I found it amusing enough to take a picture of this crazy situation to be able to show parents on my team that their is someone crazier than me.

It really got me thinking about how not to act.

He could have been selling his BB's camera and wanted his son's advice. Maybe he was yelling because the ref was offering below market value...

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Headhunter75 1/21/2013, 3:52 pm

Yellow boots, I saw the same thing( showing something on the camera) and if you were watching you must have seen the guy shake the refs hand and pat him on his back. He also said " you did a good job ". You may ask how I know, we'll just like you I was watching very closely . I to thought ... How strange , a parent bustin out the camera to show some proof of a bad call. It really looked like the guy was trying to be cool with the ref not aggressive at all. Then again only the ref and that parent and God know what was said and what they were looking at. You really shouldn't jump to negative conclusions . I'm just sayin Very Happy
Headhunter75
Headhunter75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 1/21/2013, 3:58 pm

Headhunter75 wrote:Yellow boots, I saw the same thing( showing something on the camera) and if you were watching you must have seen the guy shake the refs hand and pat him on his back. He also said " you did a good job ". You may ask how I know, we'll just like you I was watching very closely . I to thought ... How strange , a parent bustin out the camera to show some proof of a bad call. It really looked like the guy was trying to be cool with the ref not aggressive at all. Then again only the ref and that parent and God know what was said and what they were looking at. You really shouldn't jump to negative conclusions . I'm just sayin Very Happy

You justify it however you would like. It is unacceptable. Headhunter/Goscore... Say whatever you want. I know and you know what was going on. It is unacceptable period. I would have been embarrassed if I were a parent on that team. You may be used to it and think its appropriate.. I dont know, I dont want to assume anything Smile

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 1/21/2013, 4:10 pm

Was the white team the winning or losing team? That right there will say a lot.

Anyhow, I just don't think you should make assumptions and post here in a thread about texans south. Pretty soon one comment like that turns into " dts 02 parent arrested for beating ref with camera"

Also, I don't think approaching a ref or talking to a ref before or after a game is unacceptable. It's all about what you say and how you act. Thanking, complementing, respectfully asking a question are fine. Just because a parent approaches a ref doesn't mean it was negative... The fact that he took his son makes me think he was attacking the ref even less.

And yes, there is always some one, some where crazier!

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newton heath FC 1/21/2013, 4:23 pm

[quote="goscore!"]Was the white team the winning or losing team? That right there will say a lot.

Last edited by newton heath FC on 2/10/2013, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

newton heath FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Headhunter75 1/21/2013, 4:32 pm

So don't assume. It's sounds like you are bitter and looking excuses to bad mouth the parent of the white team( the winning team). Lets all be cool and lay off the sour grapes.
Headhunter75
Headhunter75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 1/21/2013, 4:38 pm

Newton, I agree, all I'm saying is that yellow has no idea why the parent and player approached the ref. maybe they are related for all we know, he is "assuming" it had to do with a call made during the game.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/21/2013, 9:10 pm

The white team was DT South.
The dad apologized to the ref.
"Most" DT South and DT North parents really do get along pretty well.
It was an excellent game.
Yes, I'm glad we won, but those DT North kids are damn good also.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by toffeemate 1/22/2013, 8:25 am

Parents (not all) on both sides were obnoxious, me included and I apologize for that.. DT South played extremely well, and congratulations for having such a great tournament. I was absolutely impressed with the coaches son from South. Now all the players on South are great players, but I have to say he is one of the best footballers I have seen at this age. Good luck to both teams in Classic...
toffeemate
toffeemate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texan Madness 2013 (Houston) '02 Boys Empty North Texas competition

Post by Soccertoughness 1/22/2013, 8:43 am

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
Prov 11:2.
Soccertoughness
Soccertoughness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/22/2013, 8:50 am

[quote="toffeemate"]Parents (not all) on both sides were obnoxious, me included and I apologize for that.. DT South played extremely well, and congratulations for having such a great tournament. I was absolutely impressed with the coaches son from South. Now all the players on South are great players, but I have to say he is one of the best footballers I have seen at this age. Good luck to both teams in Classic...[/quote]

He is one heck of a soccer player.
Very quiet and unselfish with the ball.
Classic this Spring's going to a little more exciting than the Fall with DT South playing against Chelsea (Stricker), TFC (Larry), FCD (Gonclaves) and DT(Thornber).
We both have to face Stricker.
I see the schedule's out.
You have to scroll to the bottom for the February 2, 2013 games since the 1st half of the season's posted at the top.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=25908&GroupID=229612&Gender=Boys&Age=11

cheers

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by What 1/24/2013, 11:10 am

Soccertoughness wrote:When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
this is just Madness! Madness I tell you...
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/24/2013, 4:32 pm

Soccertoughness wrote:When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum