Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

'01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

'01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T

+3
Madcap
krowdkontrol
PG-Boy
7 posters

Go down

'01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T Empty '01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T

Post by PG-Boy 1/24/2013, 11:14 am

FIVE divisions of 2001 age category, nice. The tournament did well attracting most of the area's top teams. It's an excellent tune-up for the upcoming Classic League spring. The "friendlies" format eliminates the MUST WIN anxiety. It doesn't mean the boys won't give it their best, but the win-or-go-home part isn't a factor.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=28425

PLATINUM DIVISION: Tx Lightning and Dallas Texans are missing. But the rest of the bunch are all very good D1 quality plus our friends from Kansas that seem to make frequent trips to the NTX area; Air Capital Destroyers. The defending State Cup champs, Solar Chelsea Red is here along with the two top FCD squads. FWFC White will give every team a stout challenge.

GOLD A DIVISION: features FCD Blue and DT Red, that met in last week's Ayses semi-final. I'm surprised Andromeda and Wizards (or Coppell FC, for that matter) are not in this group.

GOLD B: a lot of good match-up, here too.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T Empty Re: '01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T

Post by Guest 1/24/2013, 11:42 am

PG-Boy wrote:FIVE divisions of 2001 age category, nice. The tournament did well attracting most of the area's top teams. It's an excellent tune-up for the upcoming Classic League spring. The "friendlies" format eliminates the MUST WIN anxiety. It doesn't mean the boys won't give it their best, but the win-or-go-home part isn't a factor.

PLATINUM DIVISION: Tx Lightning and Dallas Texans are missing. But the rest of the bunch are all very good D1 quality plus our friends from Kansas that seem to make frequent trips to the NTX area; Air Capital Destroyers. The defending State Cup champs, Solar Chelsea Red is here along with the two top FCD squads. FWFC White will give every team a stout challenge.

GOLD A DIVISION: features FCD Blue and DT Red, that met in last week's Ayses semi-final. I'm surprised Andromeda and Wizards (or Coppell FC, for that matter) are not in this group.

Not sure i would read too much into the brackets. Nice warmup for the season. Too bad liverpool tries to compete with this, could have had the three lp teams in the mix too.

Back to top Go down

'01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T Empty Re: '01 Michael Brown Winter Classic XII presented by BB&T

Post by krowdkontrol 1/24/2013, 12:56 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:FIVE divisions of 2001 age category, nice. The tournament did well attracting most of the area's top teams. It's an excellent tune-up for the upcoming Classic League spring. The "friendlies" format eliminates the MUST WIN anxiety. It doesn't mean the boys won't give it their best, but the win-or-go-home part isn't a factor.

Not sure i would read too much into the brackets. Nice warmup for the season. Too bad liverpool tries to compete with this, could have had the three lp teams in the mix too.

Great match ups for all the teams in the Platinum division. Starts off with the Mini El Clasico and ends with the team from Kansas playing Solar Red. Looking forward to it.

I predict the Liverpool 01 teams will not even win their own tounament for this age group. As DTS 02 will prevail as champion.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/24/2013, 1:11 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Great match ups for all the teams in the Platinum division. Starts off with the Mini El Clasico and ends with the team from Kansas playing Solar Red. Looking forward to it.

I predict the Liverpool 01 teams will not even win their own tounament for this age group. As DTS 02 will prevail as champion.

i would agree.....

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/24/2013, 2:50 pm

Link to the Liverpool Legacy Freedom Cup 2013

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=28665&GroupID=268800&Gender=Boys&Age=12

Three '01 LP teams, two Oklahoma teams, and DT '02 squad.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 1/25/2013, 1:39 pm

I wasn't aware, but the tournament started yesterday. The Mini El Classico played to a 0-0 draw.

PG, surely you attended? I sure would like to hear how it went?

FCD Blue had a dominant performance as well.
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/25/2013, 2:38 pm

Madcap wrote:I wasn't aware, but the tournament started yesterday. The Mini El Classico played to a 0-0 draw.

PG, surely you attended? I sure would like to hear how it went?

FCD Blue had a dominant performance as well.

c'mon pg, give us your take on the game or games you saw. I bet they were both good games, a tie between two great teams and it looks like Blue dismantled the top d3 team. Sounds like a fun night

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 1/25/2013, 3:39 pm

Maybe he didn't actually see the games. He may have been in the parking lot collecting the additional $5 per car for parking....I bet he pocketed a few Lincolns! Laughing
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/25/2013, 4:27 pm

PG-Boy was working on a cost analysis spreadsheet. Smile

By the way, you all missed a discount last night. FC Dallas didn't have anyone collecting the $5 parking fee. Free parking for everyone. There was also a lot of hubub about 5pm over by the stadium. I think the pro club had just finished pre-season training. A big crowd was gathered by the locker room entrance.

The weather was perfect at FC Dallas soccer complex with a sunset to gasp over. I believe it was about 78 degrees with hardly a breeze. Conditions were fantastic for soccer.

RE: The Mini El Classico, cue to a packed sideline

One of the ARs failed to show so there was 20 minute game delay. The only glitch.

The game lived up to hype. The boys on both teams played at a blistering pace. The passing was not the normal… super sharp as tacks. Due mainly to both teams applying ample pressure to create turnovers. This was the fastest moving game I've seen in years. From start to finish, the pace was unbelievable. The referee was huffing and puffing trying to keep up. He probably burned a thousand calories last night.

One AR, she was flag happy. Continuously raising the flag on dubious offside calls. I think she burned both teams a couple of times.

KK and I agree that Gentile's boys had more shots on goal and their defense did a fine job of preventing much risk on their end of the field. On the other hand, Pino's boys didn't sit back. They probed and jabbed at Gentile's defense the entire game. Pino's defense bent, but didn't break.

This wasn't a kickball match. The club should be proud, these two teams played a beautiful short-pass possession game.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/25/2013, 4:41 pm

Two more fine matches in the Platinum Division on tap tonight:

Solar Chelsea Red vs. FCD Youth (Gentile), Field 17, 7pm.

FWFC White vs. FCD Premier (Pino), Field 7, 8:30pm.

In GOLD B;

Andromeda vs. Coppell FC will be another dandy game. Field 8, 7pm.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 6:54 am

krowdkontrol wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

You were right but i didnt expect this....

Dts 02 51
Lp Callaghan 1

You gotta love typos... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 1/28/2013, 9:12 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

You were right but i didnt expect this....

Dts 02 51
Lp Callaghan 1

You gotta love typos... Laughing

lol!
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 1/28/2013, 9:14 am

PG-Boy wrote:PG-Boy was working on a cost analysis spreadsheet. Smile

By the way, you all missed a discount last night. FC Dallas didn't have anyone collecting the $5 parking fee. Free parking for everyone. There was also a lot of hubub about 5pm over by the stadium. I think the pro club had just finished pre-season training. A big crowd was gathered by the locker room entrance.

The weather was perfect at FC Dallas soccer complex with a sunset to gasp over. I believe it was about 78 degrees with hardly a breeze. Conditions were fantastic for soccer.

RE: The Mini El Classico, cue to a packed sideline

One of the ARs failed to show so there was 20 minute game delay. The only glitch.

The game lived up to hype. The boys on both teams played at a blistering pace. The passing was not the normal… super sharp as tacks. Due mainly to both teams applying ample pressure to create turnovers. This was the fastest moving game I've seen in years. From start to finish, the pace was unbelievable. The referee was huffing and puffing trying to keep up. He probably burned a thousand calories last night.

One AR, she was flag happy. Continuously raising the flag on dubious offside calls. I think she burned both teams a couple of times.

KK and I agree that Gentile's boys had more shots on goal and their defense did a fine job of preventing much risk on their end of the field. On the other hand, Pino's boys didn't sit back. They probed and jabbed at Gentile's defense the entire game. Pino's defense bent, but didn't break.

This wasn't a kickball match. The club should be proud, these two teams played a beautiful short-pass possession game.

Next time they should leave the Rec referee at home.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/28/2013, 11:30 am

OBSERVATIONS:

In the SILVER DIVISION…
There were quite a few close matches. The team finishing first, AYSES Black and the team finishing third, FCD Red only had goal differentials of +3. Olympians in second place, though, had a +7. Due a 5 point thrashing of DT White and 4 goals against Odyssey. AYSES defense won the division by blanking the Olympians powerful offense in their final match. Another reminder that a strong defense often overcomes a good offense. Team to watch, AYSES Black… let’s check back in the Summer 2014.

In the GOLD B DIVISION…
Coppell FC combined both a consistent offensive production with a robust defense. Their most significant highlight: 4 blank sheets. Averaging 2 goals per game for a +8 tournament. An exemplary result to take the division. Along with Coppell FC, the Wizards showed why they will make a big push for D1 promotion by the end of the Spring Classic season. Although the Wizards were a bit inconsistent with a -1 goal differential when they tied FCD South Red and getting spanked by Coppell FC. The big story emanating from this division, in my opinion, was Andromeda’s last place finish. There’s no surprise about Coppell FC and Wizards giving them a solid game. But losing to FCD South Red and particularly FCD White, is a major taser shock. I’d keep my eye on FCD White, they seem to be making steady improvement. Let’s see where we find them in the Summer of 2014.

In the GOLD A DIVISION…
DT Red got the job done to deliver 3 wins and a tie with FCD Blue on a +6 tournament. They began on an excellent note with a 6-1 win over TFC. Then cruised along. The only note; their defense didn’t earn any shut-outs, giving up a goal in every match. FCD Blue’s normally stout defense, leaked at least a goal in 3 of 4 matches. They tied THREE games with 1-1 scores. FCD Blue’s scoring challenges continues. They are a very good team. Their primary opportunity, finding an offensive playmaker. If they’d score two goals per game, they’d be dynamite. NTX Strikers is a team with a ton of potential because they have so many skilled players. I didn’t see them this tournament, so the following commentary is based on my past observations. They are too dependent on SMASHING the ball 50 yards up-field to their fleet forwards. The prototypical, kick-and-run team. The soccer version of gambling. This works well with some lower tier D2 and D3 teams. But for them to move up the Classic League rankings, they will need to improve their ball possession, e.g. less brawn, more vision. They are also a team to watch, let’s track them through the Summer of 2014. TFC had a decent result with their ties against strong NTX Strikers and FCD Blue squads. The only head-scratcher is the loss to FCD West.

In the PLATINUM DIVISION…
This division was loaded with quality. With the NTX State Cup champs and current Classic D1 leader, Solar Chelsea Red and the FCD Youth (Gentile). Fireworks were anticipated. Every team had a chance to finish 0-4 or 4-0. Did you know the Air Capital Destroyers were ranked #1 in their region (which includes Chicago, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, etc.)? They are a very very good team. FCD Premier (Pino) took the division with a +5 goal differential on two wins and two draws. Pino’s boys aren’t known for their defensive prowess so it was big surprise they earned three shut-outs in the four matches. Playing a high press and very offensive game, they took the game to their opponents. The lone goal coming in the waning minutes of the Solar Chelsea match. Everyone one of their matches could’ve gone either way, that’s how close they were. FCD Youth (Gentile), in my opinion, played better than Premier but were hit heavy with defensive injuries as the tournament progressed. They also finished with a +5 goal differential. Solar finished +4 with their fortress defense uncharacteristically allowing 4 goals. Teams are learning to match their hyper-physical pressure. All teams are susceptible to turn-overs if pressed aggressively. Regardless of this tournament, on their best day, Solar is still the class of North Texas. Air Capital Destoyers didn’t have the benefit of spreading their games over 3 or 4 days. With these matches being full 30 minute halves, the extreme pace of the matches inevitably took its toll. Particularly after the long travel from Kansas. They started slow when FWFC shocked them in their opening match. Followed by losses to FCD Premier and Solar. Recovering in the end to defeat FCD Gentile. Finishing with a -2 goal differential after allowing 6 goals in the tournament. FWFC had their hands full. They bravely went toe-to-toe with foes ranked much higher. They had FCD Premier 0-0 in the second half when the referee made a horrendous error in the penalty box that was costly to FWFC. The subsequent goal fired up the FCD boys and deflated the kids from Cowtown. A very unlucky call! They completed the tournament -10 on goal differential. The highlight was their victory over Air Capital Destroyers.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 1/28/2013, 12:06 pm

PG-Boy wrote:OBSERVATIONS:
In the GOLD B DIVISION…
Coppell FC combined both a consistent offensive production with a robust defense. Their most significant highlight: 4 blank sheets. Averaging 2 goals per game for a +8 tournament. An exemplary result to take the division. Along with Coppell FC, the Wizards showed why they will make a big push for D1 promotion by the end of the Spring Classic season. Although the Wizards were a bit inconsistent with a -1 goal differential when they tied FCD South Red and getting spanked by Coppell FC. The big story emanating from this division, in my opinion, was Andromeda’s last place finish. There’s no surprise about Coppell FC and Wizards giving them a solid game. But losing to FCD South Red and particularly FCD White, is a major taser shock. I’d keep my eye on FCD White, they seem to be making steady improvement. Let’s see where we find them in the Summer of 2014.

Coppell did a great job on this tourney, but unfortunately it was not enough to beat the Wizards’ boys. The correct score was Wizards 3 Coppell 0. Coppell has a good fast team and they proved to be ready for next week –

Cograts to Coppell and cheers for Wizards boys !! cheers cheers cheers
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 1/28/2013, 12:07 pm

In the SILVER DIVISION…
There were quite a few close matches. The team finishing first, AYSES Black and the team finishing third, FCD Red only had goal differentials of +3. Olympians in second place, though, had a +7. Due a 5 point thrashing of DT White and 4 goals against Odyssey. AYSES defense won the division by blanking the Olympians powerful offense in their final match. Another reminder that a strong defense often overcomes a good offense. Team to watch, AYSES Black… let’s check back in the Summer 2014.

In the GOLD B DIVISION…

In the GOLD A DIVISION…
DT Red got the job done to deliver 3 wins and a tie with FCD Blue on a +6 tournament. They began on an excellent note with a 6-1 win over TFC. Then cruised along. The only note; their defense didn’t earn any shut-outs, giving up a goal in every match. FCD Blue’s normally stout defense, leaked at least a goal in 3 of 4 matches. They tied THREE games with 1-1 scores. FCD Blue’s scoring challenges continues. They are a very good team. Their primary opportunity, finding an offensive playmaker. If they’d score two goals per game, they’d be dynamite. NTX Strikers is a team with a ton of potential because they have so many skilled players. I didn’t see them this tournament, so the following commentary is based on my past observations. They are too dependent on SMASHING the ball 50 yards up-field to their fleet forwards. The prototypical, kick-and-run team. The soccer version of gambling. This works well with some lower tier D2 and D3 teams. But for them to move up the Classic League rankings, they will need to improve their ball possession, e.g. less brawn, more vision. They are also a team to watch, let’s track them through the Summer of 2014. TFC had a decent result with their ties against strong NTX Strikers and FCD Blue squads. The only head-scratcher is the loss to FCD West.

In the PLATINUM DIVISION…
This division was loaded with quality. With the NTX State Cup champs and current Classic D1 leader, Solar Chelsea Red and the FCD Youth (Gentile). Fireworks were anticipated. Every team had a chance to finish 0-4 or 4-0. Did you know the Air Capital Destroyers were ranked #1 in their region (which includes Chicago, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, etc.)? They are a very very good team. FCD Premier (Pino) took the division with a +5 goal differential on two wins and two draws. Pino’s boys aren’t known for their defensive prowess so it was big surprise they earned three shut-outs in the four matches. Playing a high press and very offensive game, they took the game to their opponents. The lone goal coming in the waning minutes of the Solar Chelsea match. Everyone one of their matches could’ve gone either way, that’s how close they were. FCD Youth (Gentile), in my opinion, played better than Premier but were hit heavy with defensive injuries as the tournament progressed. They also finished with a +5 goal differential. Solar finished +4 with their fortress defense uncharacteristically allowing 4 goals. Teams are learning to match their hyper-physical pressure. All teams are susceptible to turn-overs if pressed aggressively. Regardless of this tournament, on their best day, Solar is still the class of North Texas. Air Capital Destoyers didn’t have the benefit of spreading their games over 3 or 4 days. With these matches being full 30 minute halves, the extreme pace of the matches inevitably took its toll. Particularly after the long travel from Kansas. They started slow when FWFC shocked them in their opening match. Followed by losses to FCD Premier and Solar. Recovering in the end to defeat FCD Gentile. Finishing with a -2 goal differential after allowing 6 goals in the tournament. FWFC had their hands full. They bravely went toe-to-toe with foes ranked much higher. They had FCD Premier 0-0 in the second half when the referee made a horrendous error in the penalty box that was costly to FWFC. The subsequent goal fired up the FCD boys and deflated the kids from Cowtown. A very unlucky call! They completed the tournament -10 on goal differential. The highlight was their victory over Air Capital Destroyers.

Coppell lost to the Wizards 3 - 0 last game on sunday
Coppell did win their first 3 games and did not concede a single goal.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/28/2013, 12:34 pm

NotADRAMAfan wrote:

Coppell lost to the Wizards 3 - 0 last game on sunday
Coppell did win their first 3 games and did not concede a single goal.

Ah, definitely a big difference! Either the scorekeeper made a data entry error or the referee noted the results in the wrong part of the scoresheet. This means, of course, the Wizards won the division.

Congrats to both teams on a great tournament.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/28/2013, 7:09 pm

In the GOLD B DIVISION…

PG, No surprise on the Andro results. The beauty of a friendly is you can use it to experiment... look for solutions to fall season shortcomings. That's exactly what Andro did to, IMHO, very good effect. The issue, lack of production up top... the solutio, new formations with new roles. From 0 goals the first two games, to 2 in the fourth... I'd call that progress. I've never been one to make excuses, but before worrying about Andro losing to a D3 team, possession was 80 / 20 and kickball teams sometimes get lucky on a longball counter.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fcd01bw 1/28/2013, 9:05 pm

Sounds like you are making excuses??? Just give credit where credit is due. All the boys played great, and the Andro coach is a class act. The Andro parents should follow his lead.

fcd01bw
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/28/2013, 9:35 pm

fcd01bw wrote:Sounds like you are making excuses??? Just give credit where credit is due. All the boys played great, and the Andro coach is a class act. The Andro parents should follow his lead.

FCD White absolutely came to play and showed well not only against Andro, but all of their games in a challenging bracket. Kudos to the boys! It wasn't my intention of speaking ill of the team. My apologies if it came across that way.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down