Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony

5 posters

Go down

Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony Empty Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony

Post by caatffm 2/2/2013, 2:49 pm

Hi,

looking for some input from the people who know.

We are moving to Dallas in the summer (finally after last year's plan was delayed), and are looking to move to Flower Mound, Lewisville, The Colony, West Frisco or between I-35E to North Tollway, and 121 to 161.

Which high schools offer soccer programs in that area, and which are considered good?

Will be looking for Select soccer when it comes closer to the move, and when we know where we will be living.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
caatffm
caatffm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony Empty Re: Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony

Post by arsenalfan 2/3/2013, 9:49 am

Flower Mound Marcus has the best program in that area. PM me for details.

http://66.33.66.21/template.php?sid=HOME

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony Empty Re: Schools w/ Soccer Program in Flower Mound, Lewisville,Colony

Post by caatffm 2/7/2013, 2:35 pm

anybody else with input?
caatffm
caatffm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 2/7/2013, 2:42 pm

My advice would be to not pick between those areas based on their respective soccer programs. The quality of education you're going to receive in each is going to be quite different. I'd be making the determination based on where my child would get the best education and would realize that his club team is substantially more meaningful to his soccer development than his high school team.

That said, I don't live in any of those areas for that very reason.

Probably not popular advise, especially among anyone on the Forum that lives in any of those respective areas, but you asked, so there you have it.

caatffm wrote:Hi,

looking for some input from the people who know.

We are moving to Dallas in the summer (finally after last year's plan was delayed), and are looking to move to Flower Mound, Lewisville, The Colony, West Frisco or between I-35E to North Tollway, and 121 to 161.

Which high schools offer soccer programs in that area, and which are considered good?

Will be looking for Select soccer when it comes closer to the move, and when we know where we will be living.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by caatffm 2/7/2013, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the Input. Certainly educational quality is a very important factor as well.

Which schools (or districts) would you recommed, for either soccer and/or educational reasons?
caatffm
caatffm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 2/7/2013, 2:55 pm

caatffm wrote:Thanks for the Input. Certainly educational quality is a very important factor as well.

Which schools (or districts) would you recommed, for either soccer and/or educational reasons?

I wouldn't send my kids to a district other than Highland Park or Carroll, but that's just me. If I lived in another area, I'd be looking at the more prestigious private schools in the area.

Some of the Frisco and Plano schools are alright but I wouldn't give them a blanket "good" qualification, in those two districts, its school by school (I'd throw Coppell into this category as well). I wouldn't put any schools in The Colony in their class. Flower Mound and Lewisville rank somewhere between those two groupings in my opinion.

There's no correlation between soccer program and educational quality in my opinion. Focus on finding the right club and coach, a standout player will be noticed regardless of his high school and a solid club will do plenty to help get a standout player noticed.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 2/7/2013, 4:20 pm

Lewisville, Hebron, and Marcus are the best soccer high schools right now
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 2/7/2013, 4:40 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
caatffm wrote:Thanks for the Input. Certainly educational quality is a very important factor as well.

I wouldn't send my kids to a district other than Highland Park or Carroll, but that's just me. If I lived in another area, I'd be looking at the more prestigious private schools in the area.

Some of the Frisco and Plano schools are alright but I wouldn't give them a blanket "good" qualification, in those two districts, its school by school (I'd throw Coppell into this category as well). I wouldn't put any schools in The Colony in their class. Flower Mound and Lewisville rank somewhere between those two groupings in my opinion.

There's no correlation between soccer program and educational quality in my opinion. Focus on finding the right club and coach, a standout player will be noticed regardless of his high school and a solid club will do plenty to help get a standout player noticed.

Here is the rankings by Newsweeks "Best High Schools in the country".

47 Highland Park
63 Plano West
108 Plano Senior
196 Colleyville Heritage
210 Carroll (Southlake)
243 Plano East
396 Grapevine
429 Coppell

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/20/america-s-best-high-schools.html
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down