Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

confusion Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

confusion

+7
bigtex75081
PG-Boy
go99
caatffm
omega striker
Soccerinsanity
eduardohdz
11 posters

Go down

confusion Empty confusion

Post by eduardohdz 2/3/2013, 4:56 pm

My son has played for 3 seasons in Rec. He has bean a forword for the last season he was the top scorer with 21 goals in 1 season and he loved it now he played Gk a couple of halfs and now hes telling me he wants to play Gk. What can i do i really dont know.

eduardohdz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

confusion Empty Re: confusion

Post by Soccerinsanity 2/3/2013, 5:08 pm

Buy him gloves!!! Nothing wrong with letting him learn other positions...he won't get bored, and he's learning the game from a different perspective.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/3/2013, 5:09 pm

eduardohdz wrote:My son has played for 3 seasons in Rec. He has bean a forword for the last season he was the top scorer with 21 goals in 1 season and he loved it now he played Gk a couple of halfs and now hes telling me he wants to play Gk. What can i do i really dont know.
just let him play scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by caatffm 2/3/2013, 7:17 pm

I had the same "problem". My son played Defender or Midfielder most of his Rec time, and suddenly had interested to become a GK. I first was not supportive, as I always have seen that the GK position is less apriciated. However, I bought gloves for him, and we started GK practice with him. First me by myself, and then with a trainer, and later on with GK camps.

I am glad we supported it, he became a good GK, plays varsity as freshmen, and plays Super 2 in U16 (as U15 player).

Point is, that he is very happy as Goalkeeper.

And like other posters said, it widens the soccer horizon knowing other positions.

Go for it, and support him.
caatffm
caatffm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/3/2013, 7:56 pm

every team needs a good keeper and forwards are dime a dozen
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 2/3/2013, 9:14 pm

go99 wrote:every team needs a good keeper and forwards are dime a dozen

Forwards are a dime a dozen, yes.

Forwards that WILL score are a diamond in the rough.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/3/2013, 9:32 pm

PG-Boy wrote:

yea so where do you usually find those? in brazil,argentina,spain,or mexico?scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 2/3/2013, 9:35 pm

One wil be found in Dallas. Give it a few years.

He's playing at Richland College Soccer Complex in 2013. His name is Jose, Jesus, Carlos, Luis, or something similar. Perhaps Blake, Jackson, or Dillon. He's there, I know he is there. I believe.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/3/2013, 9:53 pm

PG-Boy wrote:One wil be found in Dallas. Give it a few years.

He's playing at Richland College Soccer Complex in 2013. His name is Jose, Jesus, Carlos, Luis, or something similar. Perhaps Blake, Jackson, or Dillon. He's there, I know he is there. I believe.
nope so far there is only one pure finisher that has showed his slills worldwide and he plays for the U18 FCD academy team Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 2/4/2013, 7:48 am

PG-Boy wrote:

Patience is the key with kids this age but, even this young, the 1 position that kids should be judged based on results is the forward spot. If your kid is given the chance to play forward, even for a limited time, and he DOESN’T start scoring goals, he won’t stay there long.

If we are talking about a 10 player roster, it always seems that 6 or 7 of them (Or is it their parents?) are only happy when they play forward. Do you want to know why capable defenders and goalkeepers are valued so highly by coaches? It's because of situations like this.

Parent: "Hi Coach. Johnny is a little unhappy. He is happy when he plays forward."
Coach: "I understand. Johnny is an excellent defender/goalkeeper though. He's one of the best on our team and he's somebody I depend on to play well. That's why he just played almost the entire game just now."
Parent: "Yes... but he really likes playing forward."
Coach: "OK. Johnny seems to be having fun though and he always plays hard. I will give this thought but please realize that this team already has 6 other kids that are adamantly gunning for the 1 forward spot on the field. It will be a crowded situation up front. He might not get much time up there. OK?"
Parent: "Thanks coach. We just want him to have fun."
Coach: "OK. I'll give it my best."

The coach does what the parent asks. The coach tries to work their son into a rotation with 6 other kids that are vying to play the 1 forward spot. Johnny doesn’t score much in games or in practice. To fill the gap at defender, the minutes that were going to the parent's BB are now going to someone else because the coach must fill that spot.

From there the parents are completely flabbergasted that their son's minutes keep decreasing as they watch him sitting on the bench a lot more. The expenses don’t stop. Then the parents get pissed and start wondering if they should go to another team or head back to rec.

The moral? Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/4/2013, 8:30 am

PG-Boy wrote:

everybody can score when they are little and when they are older the soccer landscape is littered with athletic forwards. It one of the hardest positions to find a spot in. Everybody thinks they are a superstar forward and hardly any are.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/4/2013, 8:34 am

here is my advice. If he wants to play keeper let him. Tell him he can play keeper the second half if he works really hard on the field in the first half. This will push him to play hard on the field so he can have the reward of the keeper. He may change his mind later and decide he doesn't want to do keeper. He will then be a good field player and if he doesn't he will be a keeper who can use his feet.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CoachKyle101 4/12/2013, 1:05 pm

eduardohdz wrote:My son has played for 3 seasons in Rec. He has bean a forword for the last season he was the top scorer with 21 goals in 1 season and he loved it now he played Gk a couple of halfs and now hes telling me he wants to play Gk. What can i do i really dont know.

Personally, the important thing at this age is for them to develop basic ball skills and to learn the game. The question is why would you want to specialize in a specific position at such a young age?

If he learns how to trap, pass, strike a ball, and dribble then he will be a valuable player on whatever team he goes to. He'll be able to play any position which would make him more valuable to teams and he would be a coveted player all over the metroplex. If he happens to be able to catch a ball as well and play GK that's great!
CoachKyle101
CoachKyle101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/12/2013, 1:31 pm

caatffm wrote:I had the same "problem". My son played Defender or Midfielder most of his Rec time, and suddenly had interested to become a GK. I first was not supportive, as I always have seen that the GK position is less apriciated. However, I bought gloves for him, and we started GK practice with him. First me by myself, and then with a trainer, and later on with GK camps.

I am glad we supported it, he became a good GK, plays varsity as freshmen, and plays Super 2 in U16 (as U15 player).

Point is, that he is very happy as Goalkeeper.

And like other posters said, it widens the soccer horizon knowing other positions.

Go for it, and support him.

"Super 2"? What is that exactly?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by caatffm 4/12/2013, 1:33 pm

Super 2 is a competitive league in STX
caatffm
caatffm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hugeronaldofan 4/12/2013, 5:16 pm

At 6 or 7, who knows where he will end up being best on the field. Allow him to play GK....every teams needs a great keeper!

hugeronaldofan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/12/2013, 7:25 pm

So where is the confusion? He wants to play GK let him play GK.

If he turns out to be a stud he has a future. Great ones are hard to find. Hell good ones are hard to find.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum