Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Fulham FC Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Fulham FC

+9
go99
Real Barcelona
getafe01
PG-Boy
Ibystander
Laimport
finish1
Sprint
78Comet
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fulham FC Empty Fulham FC

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 9:24 am

Am I to understand that a Dallas native was on the pitch for 90 minutes in a Dallas Cup Super Group final? I'm curious as to how everyone on this forum missed this (or at least failed to comment on it)? I would think this would be big news in Dallas. I know Schellas is proud and I, for one, am impressed.

Jules

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/u18s/player-profiles/emerson-hyndman

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/soccer/headlines/20130326-emerson-hyndman-plano-teen-and-grandson-of-fc-dallas-coach-excelling-in-england.ece
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Fulham FC Empty Re: Fulham FC

Post by Sprint 4/1/2013, 9:29 am

78Comet wrote:Am I to understand that a Dallas native was on the pitch for 90 minutes in a Dallas Cup Super Group final? I'm curious as to how everyone on this forum missed this (or at least failed to comment on it)? I would think this would be big news in Dallas. I know Schellas is proud and I, for one, am impressed.

Jules

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/soccer/headlines/20130326-emerson-hyndman-plano-teen-and-grandson-of-fc-dallas-coach-excelling-in-england.ece

I heard from someone that went to the finals last night that EH was the best player on the field. That is a great accomplishment for a kid from Plano and his success only helps American soccer in the future. Hope he make the first team at Fulham and goes on to great success in the EPL or another top league in Europe.

Does anyone know how he got noticed or how he got the chance to go play at Fulham prior to starting highschool?

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/1/2013, 9:55 am

The reason why no one comments is because EH is not just another 'kid from Plano'.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 10:05 am

Sprint wrote:
78Comet wrote:Am I to understand that a Dallas native was on the pitch for 90 minutes in a Dallas Cup Super Group final? I'm curious as to how everyone on this forum missed this (or at least failed to comment on it)? I would think this would be big news in Dallas. I know Schellas is proud and I, for one, am impressed.

Jules

I heard from someone that went to the finals last night that EH was the best player on the field. That is a great accomplishment for a kid from Plano and his success only helps American soccer in the future. Hope he make the first team at Fulham and goes on to great success in the EPL or another top league in Europe.

Does anyone know how he got noticed or how he got the chance to go play at Fulham prior to starting highschool?

My guess is that he got the exposure playing in DC and/or youth national teams.

Plus, I'm sure there were some connections.

Remember Fulham has had success with American players in the past.

Along with his natural ability, I'm sure the kid spent several hours on his own every week honing his technical ability.

That's what it takes.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 4/1/2013, 10:07 am

Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

Along with his natural ability, I'm sure the kid spent several hours on his own every week honing his technical ability.

That's what it takes.
Connection to the Hunt family, maybe?
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 4/1/2013, 10:31 am

I think he held his own.

To be a starter and contributor to the DC champion is an accomplishment.

He's been highlighted by the Dallas Morning News, Soccer America and Dallas Cup program, along with the Dallas Cup Facebook page. There's been plenty of coverage about him. Although, the media tends to reference his grandfather rather than just him, on his own.

He's only 16 and has played in multiple Dallas Cups. If Fullham returns next year, we'll likely see him again.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 10:51 am

PG-Boy wrote:I think he held his own.

To be a starter and contributor to the DC champion is an accomplishment.

He's been highlighted by the Dallas Morning News, Soccer America and Dallas Cup program, along with the Dallas Cup Facebook page. There's been plenty of coverage about him. Although, the media tends to reference his grandfather rather than just him, on his own.

He's only 16 and has played in multiple Dallas Cups. If Fullham returns next year, we'll likely see him again.

He'll be 17 in 8 days. He may return next year or he will be playing up for their reserves (U21) Or a combination of the two.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/1/2013, 11:56 am

Ibystander wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

That's what it takes.

There are more connections than Terminal A at DFW airport. Very Happy True, you have to hold your own, but then we are not all playing by the same rules, either. He has been carefully groomed in a priveleged environment over many years. At this point, in my view, there is an expectation to perform, given the circumstances.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 4/1/2013, 12:06 pm

finish1 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

That's what it takes.

There are more connections than Terminal A at DFW airport. Very Happy True, you have to hold your own, but then we are not all playing by the same rules, either. He has been carefully groomed in a priveleged environment over many years. At this point, in my view, there is an expectation to perform, given the circumstances.

You make a good point and no doubt connections dont hurt, but If he couldn't play, he would not be in England with Fulham right now. I was telling my oldest son the other day that hard work and grooming is great up to a point, but if the player does not have some natural god given talent, he will hit a ceiling sooner rather than later. All to mean, if he (EH) is a standout on a an EPL academy team, playing up an age group, the kid has some great natural talent.

All in all a great thing for kids from NTX to see it can be done, connections none the less.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 12:38 pm

Sprint wrote:
finish1 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

That's what it takes.

You make a good point and no doubt connections dont hurt, but If he couldn't play, he would not be in England with Fulham right now. I was telling my oldest son the other day that hard work and grooming is great up to a point, but if the player does not have some natural god given talent, he will hit a ceiling sooner rather than later. All to mean, if he (EH) is a standout on a an EPL academy team, playing up an age group, the kid has some great natural talent.

All in all a great thing for kids from NTX to see it can be done, connections none the less.

"Connections" can only get you a chance...an opportunity..to perform.

"God given talent" will only get you so far...not the other way around.

I can't count the times where I've watched or read interviews of world class players and they were not the best players growing up in their youth. Drogba, Totti, Ribery and Zidane come to mind.

it was their passion and ultimately their hard work and mental toughness that pushed them through to the highest levels. (Admittedly some luck too.)

And let's also keep in mind that the vast majority of players don't "make it" (first team football consistently) until they are well into their 20's. Especially holding mids and defenders.

Players that show attacking prowess at an early age are much easier to spot. Consequently they tend to get pushed through at an earlier age.

How many starting centerbacks or defensive midfielders do you see in the top leagues that are under 21? or even 23?

Very few.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 4/1/2013, 12:49 pm

Ibystander wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

That's what it takes.

The Hunts have NO role in this one. EH was an exceptional player when playing for DT and then at FCD. His talent ultimately got him where he is. However, the fact that Grandpa holds a foreign passport that may translate to EH getting a passport from another country may have helped bypass many of the rules/regulations allowing under 18s get to England. He obviously has skill and is certainly not the biggest or fastest.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 12:55 pm

Sprint wrote:
finish1 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Laimport wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

That's what it takes.

"Connections" can only get you a chance...an opportunity..to perform.

"God given talent" will only get you so far...not the other way around.

I can't count the times where I've watched or read interviews of world class players and they were not the best players growing up in their youth. Drogba, Totti, Ribery and Zidane come to mind.

it was their passion and ultimately their hard work and mental toughness that pushed them through to the highest levels. (Admittedly some luck too.)

And let's also keep in mind that the vast majority of players don't "make it" (first team football consistently) until they are well into their 20's. Especially holding mids and defenders.

Players that show attacking prowess at an early age are much easier to spot. Consequently they tend to get pushed through at an earlier age.

How many starting centerbacks or defensive midfielders do you see in the top leagues that are under 21? or even 23?

Very few.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 1:08 pm

getafe01 wrote:He obviously has skill and is certainly not the biggest or fastest.

This is exactly where I hoped this conversation would go. All the best players I ever saw in Dallas (or anywhere for that matter) were not big, strong, or fast. They were, however, extremely fast and smart with their decisions, and they worked harder and were more dedicated/committed than 99% of their peers.

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/1/2013, 1:36 pm

"however, extremely fast and smart with their decisions," Two additional players come to mind Figo (Portugal) and Valderrama (Colombia). Both not very fast but boy could they keep possesion of the ball and kill you with their passing.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 1:56 pm

The 5-8, 16-year-old grandson of FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman, Emerson is one of the most technically gifted players in Fulham’s academy.

“People will look at his diminutive stature and think, ‘How can this guy play in England?’” Fulham academy director Huw Jennings said. “For me, he represents the embodiment of what we see as a talented midfield player of the future.”

I doubt you see him play in another Dallas Cup.

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 2:12 pm

78Comet wrote:The 5-8, 16-year-old grandson of FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman, Emerson is one of the most technically gifted players in Fulham’s academy.

“People will look at his diminutive stature and think, ‘How can this guy play in England?’” Fulham academy director Huw Jennings said. “For me, he represents the embodiment of what we see as a talented midfield player of the future.”

Jules

yep. he'll get promoted to u21's next year and/or be loaned out to a lower league club for experience.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/1/2013, 4:17 pm

he wasn't the best player on the feild and I think it was the first game he started but I think he played in all of them. Very skilled, quick, and a spectacular touch. I counted 2 balls that he lost for the entire game (quite and accomplishment) Seem to be more of a providor and keeping possesion. On the downside he didn't seem to offer much defensively. It would probably be seen as a failure if he is at the DC next year. His ability to get the passport helped him along the way but before we all get carried away, getting on the fullham youth squad is just a step with your job to be getting off the fulham youth squad.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/1/2013, 4:19 pm

Laimport wrote:
78Comet wrote:The 5-8, 16-year-old grandson of FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman, Emerson is one of the most technically gifted players in Fulham’s academy.

Jules

yep. he'll get promoted to u21's next year and/or be loaned out to a lower league club for experience.

or he will be cut. didn't he have a brief spell at everton or someplace else?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 4:21 pm

go99 wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Jules

or he will be cut. didn't he have a brief spell at everton or someplace else?

Good point. Though given his glowing bio they seem to think a lot of him.

Given his skill set I would think he'd be better off in Spain or Portugal anyway.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/1/2013, 4:31 pm

given the fact that he is on the academy team they are high on him just as they are high on everyone there. The reality is most of those players will not be at higher levels. I am sure he also understands he has a long way to go.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 5:21 pm

go99 wrote:given the fact that he is on the academy team they are high on him just as they are high on everyone there. The reality is most of those players will not be at higher levels. I am sure he also understands he has a long way to go.

point taken. By no means did I mean to imply that he has 'made it'.

Although I do believe he would probably be better off in another country. Spain, Portugal, Italy and the Netherlands.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 5:43 pm

I think he is good right where he is. There is a reason why he chose Fulham and Fulham chose him. Americans get respect at that club. I see no need for him to try his luck elsewhere.

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/1/2013, 8:03 pm

well he was at newcastle and liverpool apparently for a visit a few years before Fulham. I think he probably chose fulham because it was the opportunity available. I am sure he would have chose Barcelona, Man U, or any other top youth program if the opportunity presented itself. Fulham chose him because he shows potential and has the passport and they don't have to pay a tranfer to get him. I agree with Laimport I think he would be nice in spain. Throw some Barca stripes on him.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/2/2013, 8:54 am

Sprint wrote:

Jules

Parents spent a fortune to send him to (favorite EPL team) camp when he was young during a summer. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/2/2013, 9:29 am

Maradona wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Jules

Parents spent a fortune to send him to (favorite EPL team) camp when he was young during a summer. cheers

I remember him from ODP when he made the 95 squad during it's first year. He could juggle endlessly while throwing in many types of tricks. On the field he was amazing even though he was usually the smallest guy on the field. He made it look easy. He made the Region III team that year and I believe the U14 National pool the next year. Nice to see him doing well.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum