Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ESPN U12 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ESPN U12

+8
tomuchsoccer
Maradona
Gotgoalz
murito
Fctillidie
PG-Boy
jessesalas79
GDWilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ESPN U12 Empty ESPN U12

Post by GDWilly 4/20/2013, 11:45 am

Arlington Premier Champion Fort Wort Texans '01 is proving to be for real. Defeated CCSAI U11 #3 team FCD Goncalves 4 - 0 then downed CCSAI U12 D1 5th place DTS South 5 - 2. Surprising!

Last edited by GDWilly on 4/20/2013, 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct post)

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ESPN U12 Empty Re: ESPN U12

Post by jessesalas79 4/20/2013, 1:37 pm

Texans fw 01 is a very well trained team should be on there way to classic.

jessesalas79
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 4/20/2013, 7:01 pm

They are the Cinderella team of the tournament.

An APL team defeating a top 5 D1 team (with a couple of Solar Red guests) by THREE goals is tremendous victory.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 4/20/2013, 8:32 pm

Calm down pg- little boy, did you see the game? DTS played with possession and good combination attacks. They just didnt finish and gave away cheap goals. But congrats to the other team for finishing , they packed the box and then just kicked it up to the forwards to try and out race the defense. It worked, wasn't pretty but it worked. I get sick and tired of you always talking about possession soccer, like you've actually played before, and when a team that actually plays the right way and loses, you still talk about them. But you seem to just always look for times to talk bad about DTS. And yes I'm defending them cause I have good friends on the team and I think the are a good team. You really need to just worry about your sons team, heard they barely tied DTS in the last minute. But hopefully my sons team will meet y'all in the finals, and it will be the same result as usual. Smile

Last edited by Fctillidie on 4/20/2013, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 4/20/2013, 8:58 pm

Saw the game and dts played an ugly game. Congrats to Arlington Texans!!

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotgoalz 4/20/2013, 9:41 pm

jessesalas79 wrote:Texans fw 01 is a very well trained team should be on there way to classic.

FW Texans might be a good team, but do they have what it takes to be in Classic. They might have gotten lucky to beat one of the top 5- D1 teams, but that does not mean they are classic material.Don't get confuse Jessesalas79

Gotgoalz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotgoalz 4/20/2013, 9:49 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Calm down pg- little boy, did you see the game? DTS played with possession and good combination attacks. They just didnt finish and gave away cheap goals. But congrats to the other team for finishing , they packed the box and then just kicked it up to the forwards to try and out race the defense. It worked, wasn't pretty but it worked. I get sick and tired of you always talking about possession soccer, like you've actually played before, and when a team that actually plays the right way and loses, you still talk about them. But you seem to just always look for times to talk bad about DTS. And yes I'm defending them cause I have good friends on the team and I think the are a good team. You really need to just worry about your sons team, heard they barely tied DTS in the last minute. But hopefully my sons team will meet y'all in the finals, and it will be the same result as usual. Smile

Very well said cheers

Gotgoalz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/20/2013, 10:12 pm

PG-Boy wrote:They are the Cinderella team of the tournament.

An APL team defeating a top 5 D1 team (with a couple of Solar Red guests) by THREE goals is tremendous victory.

PG-boy,
Did you see the solar red players helping out or is it something you heard?

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 10:18 pm

They just didnt finish and gave away cheap goals

c'mon 5 goals? to an apl team? spin it anyway you want, it is an embarassing loss and DTS is out and that's ridiculous given the bracket they were in....

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 4/20/2013, 10:57 pm

Soccerisgood how did your sons team do?

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 11:01 pm

"Murito, he's just asking a question stupid. Are you a tuff guy? You come on here and act like your a tuff guy. I'd like to find out how tuff you are."

Been drinking much today fctillidie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 4/20/2013, 11:02 pm

Not more then usual.

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 11:03 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Not more then usual.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 4/21/2013, 7:09 am

Fctillidie wrote:Calm down pg- little boy, did you see the game? DTS played with possession and good combination attacks. They just didnt finish and gave away cheap goals. But congrats to the other team for finishing , they packed the box and then just kicked it up to the forwards to try and out race the defense. It worked, wasn't pretty but it worked. I get sick and tired of you always talking about possession soccer, like you've actually played before, and when a team that actually plays the right way and loses, you still talk about them. But you seem to just always look for times to talk bad about DTS. And yes I'm defending them cause I have good friends on the team and I think the are a good team. You really need to just worry about your sons team, heard they barely tied DTS in the last minute. But hopefully my sons team will meet y'all in the finals, and it will be the same result as usual. Smile

Never heard of a team advancing for possession or combination plays. Wonder how the ref keeps track of that? Did you see the back heal that set up the 5th goal? The Fort Worth Texans played skillfully and showed better tactical awareness than a than a kick and run mentality.

Last edited by GDWilly on 4/21/2013, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 4/21/2013, 7:21 am

Gotgoalz wrote:
jessesalas79 wrote:Texans fw 01 is a very well trained team should be on there way to classic.

FW Texans might be a good team, but do they have what it takes to be in Classic. They might have gotten lucky to beat one of the top 5- D1 teams, but that does not mean they are classic material.Don't get confuse Jessesalas79

From what I saw of their play and with their results in API, I think they will have an excellent chance of qualifying for DIII and could potentially be a team like Azteca's '00 who mopped up DIII coming out of API then backed it up this year by finishing 3rd in DII. I bet DTS won't take them for granted again.

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 7:06 am

GDWilly wrote:
Gotgoalz wrote:

From what I saw of their play and with their results in API, I think they will have an excellent chance of qualifying for DIII and could potentially be a team like Azteca's '00 who mopped up DIII coming out of API then backed it up this year by finishing 3rd in DII. I bet DTS won't take them for granted again.
1 year does make a difference,our boys didnt take them for granted just to much speed and size to overcome pale

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 4/22/2013, 1:07 pm

The Boss wrote:
GDWilly wrote:
Gotgoalz wrote:

1 year does make a difference,our boys didnt take them for granted just to much speed and size to overcome pale

I agree that a year makes a difference. Fort Worth Texans '01 played DTS '01 not DTS '02.

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 4/22/2013, 1:59 pm

good fun out there this weekend....DTS 02's played...hard wish we could have shown our best but where short handed this weekend....we take nothing away from any of the teams and everyone that won deserved to win....so dont take this the wrong way just wanted to state that we where missing two of our top players....one of them being the top scorer in the league....wish we could have been at full strength to see if we could have made it further but over all a fun tournament....

good luck to everyone this summer

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 2:14 pm

tomuchsoccer wrote:good fun out there this weekend....DTS 02's played...hard wish we could have shown our best but where short handed this weekend....we take nothing away from any of the teams and everyone that won deserved to win....so dont take this the wrong way just wanted to state that we where missing two of our top players....one of them being the top scorer in the league....wish we could have been at full strength to see if we could have made it further but over all a fun tournament....

If those players were there for your team, your team would have won first. They are the backbone of that team and it is great DTS 02 did that well without them.

The 02 teams were competitive, despite the arguments of the 01 parents. Solar finished second in its bracket and the other teams played close games against their 01 counterparts. It can not be said there is much of a difference between the 01s and the 02s. A little size and speed maybe, but we know that evens out in a few years.

Overall a great tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 4/22/2013, 3:02 pm

Gatorz wrote:
tomuchsoccer wrote:good fun out there this weekend....DTS 02's played...hard wish we could have shown our best but where short handed this weekend....we take nothing away from any of the teams and everyone that won deserved to win....so dont take this the wrong way just wanted to state that we where missing two of our top players....one of them being the top scorer in the league....wish we could have been at full strength to see if we could have made it further but over all a fun tournament....

If those players were there for your team, your team would have won first. They are the backbone of that team and it is great DTS 02 did that well without them.

The 02 teams were competitive, despite the arguments of the 01 parents. Solar finished second in its bracket and the other teams played close games against their 01 counterparts. It can not be said there is much of a difference between the 01s and the 02s. A little size and speed maybe, but we know that evens out in a few years.

They finished second (1 goal scored in the entire tournament) in the easiest bracket and with Solar Red 01 help.....yes, way to go.

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 3:02 pm

Gatorz wrote:

sorry don't buy that, the 01's are better than the 02's and the 00's are better than the 01's. more training, more maturity, more time on the ball......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 3:10 pm

Majortom wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

They finished second (1 goal scored in the entire tournament) in the easiest bracket and with Solar Red 01 help.....yes, way to go.

Looking at stats and making comparisons is pretty useless. The 02 parents could also say the team that won (FCD Premiere 01) was only able to tie DTS 02, ( without their best players) and a DTS 02 team that lost to a D11 Coppell FC 01 team. What does all that mean? Nothing.... You play who is in front of you and the 02s did well this weekend, including Solar who finished second in their bracket. The team that won the bracket ( Wizards 01) scored a total of 3 goals.

The point is the 02s are a strong group and can compete with the 01s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 3:11 pm

Gatorz wrote:
Majortom wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

Looking at stats and making comparisons is pretty useless. The 02 parents could also say the team that won (FCD Premiere 01) was only able to tie DTS 02, ( without their best players) and a DTS 02 team that lost to a D11 Coppell FC 01 team. What does all that mean? Nothing.... You play who is in front of you and the 02s did well this weekend, including Solar who finished second in their bracket. The team that won the bracket ( Wizards 01) scored a total of 3 goals.

The point is the 02s are a strong group and can compete with the 01s.

actually they showed they can't. not sure what reasoning you are using. 02 parents probably got a wakeup call that their teams are not as good as they thought.....

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 4/22/2013, 3:55 pm

dts will never wakeup !!! cheers
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 4/22/2013, 4:03 pm

My intent was simply to compliment the APL team from FW for their surprising run in group play and the big upset over a top 5 D1 team. My perspective is that compliments are not viewed as a zero-sum equation. i.e. meaning, a compliment for one side doesn't mean it's a slight for the other side. Seeing that the APL team won the group, my compliment was definitely warranted.

I did not see the game in question, just the scoreline on the tournament page. 5-2 is a big win in any league or tournament for any age. Hence, my surprise when it was the APL squad over the D1 team.

RE: whether I know what possession soccer 'looks like' or whether I even play soccer; the answer to both is, yes.

As for DTS 01, I've been consistent in my belief they have one of the better defenses in D1. If I've slighted DTS on this forum in the past, I'll need a reminder of when it happened. I agree with you, they are a good team.

Regarding DTS 02; yes it was a 1-1 scoreline, they are a very good team. Their midfield combines with short and swift passing sequences that would cause a lot of 01 teams grief. Defensively, they hold their shape and are hyperaggressive in pressing opponents. One kid took both of their shots, the only shots the team took. Both shots were breath-taking. One skimming past the far post, barely missing, after a blistering run. The other one hitting the inside of the far post for the goal and the 1-0 lead. Both shots were made while sprinting with defenders physically pressuring. The kid has a wickedly accurate shot. A 50% shooting average is excellent. Two screamers, one goal.

The FCD boys on the other hand, could't buy a goal. Taking about 25+ potshots at the goal. Hitting the crossbar, posts, defenders, and missing the goal all-together. The DTS goalkeeper is an excellent player, too. The credit goes to the DTS02 defense that compacted into the final third, then applied pressure with swarms of players. Finding space to move was at a premium. There were no pressure-free shots allowed. FCD had 80%+ possession almost all of it on the DTS defensive side. Yes, I do know what a possession game looks like. The match was kinda boring until DTS02 scored on a counter. Till then, FCD was patient, comfortable with the ball rhythmically flowing and probing for gaps on the DTS side of the field and dealing with the occasional counter-attack. Once DTS02 went ahead, FCD had to amp up the pressure. Which they did to earn the draw. The last ten minutes of the match were exciting as DTS02 continuously denied FCDs offensive barrage.

A cynic would say DTS02 parked the bus. I would say DTS02 played with specific plan in mind. The one year age difference is a big gap. DTS02, I think, recognized the challenge of dealing with an FCD team that was going to keep the ball for long series'. DTS02 adjusted very well, played smart, countered rarely, but with panache. DTS02 was within a few minutes of winning the game. That is a compliment for DTS02 that should not be construed as a slight towards FCD.

Every game stands on its own merit.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next