Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Ethics Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ethics

+3
heyyouguys
Soccerinsanity
Real Barcelona
7 posters

Go down

Ethics Empty Ethics

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 12:06 pm

This weekend at State Cup I noticed Jesse McNeil (who works with FCDallas for a living) refereeing games in which FC Dallas teams were involved. Is it me or is this unethical?

Back to top Go down

Ethics Empty Re: Ethics

Post by Real Barcelona 5/7/2013, 12:14 pm

Riquelme wrote:This weekend at State Cup I noticed Jesse McNeil (who works with FCDallas for a living) refereeing games in which FC Dallas teams were involved. Is it me or is this unethical?
I think it is called a conflict of interest and generally when it occurs it needs to be disclosed. Did his refereeing influence the end result?

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 12:42 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:
Riquelme wrote:This weekend at State Cup I noticed Jesse McNeil (who works with FCDallas for a living) refereeing games in which FC Dallas teams were involved. Is it me or is this unethical?
I think it is called a conflict of interest and generally when it occurs it needs to be disclosed. Did his refereeing influence the end result?

The difference of a draw or loss. What I find interesting is that ref assignor and tournament officials were told and he then proceeded to ref another FCDallas game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 12:51 pm

The point is he knows its a conflict of interest but he chooses not to remove himself from the equation. Know what I mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 5/7/2013, 1:23 pm

Yes, it is a conflict of interest. You could choose to take it to the US Soccer Federation, the organization that oversees referee certifications.
It won't change if you aren't the squeaky wheel!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 1:49 pm

[quote="Soccerinsanity"]Yes, it is a conflict of interest. You could choose to take it to the US Soccer Federation, the organization that oversees referee certifications.
It won't change if you aren't the squeaky wheel![/quote]

What does that mean? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 5/7/2013, 1:57 pm

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. In this case, people don't know (or don't care) that there's a problem unless someone makes some noise about it.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/7/2013, 2:32 pm

its shady and really as a professional organization FCD should have delt with it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 2:43 pm

Well I will follow through on filing a complaint. This is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 5/7/2013, 2:46 pm

Two weekend ago our team played in out of state tourney... in the last game we played a weaker team which we won pretty “easy"... Game went pass physical, it got nasty: red card, yellow cards Arrow game wasn’t called equally... I always thought (this is my 2 cents worth) when team is getting outplayed they will get more physical, I get that, but call the game equally... But really what got my attention that day was after the game few parents from the other team went and talked to the refs, like it was a family reunion (they talked like they knew each other for years) affraid ... Evil or Very Mad
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blond bomber 5/7/2013, 3:07 pm

It happens and I have yet to see an "official" truly separate himself from the relationship to the team, a player or coach.

We played a team 3 or 4 seasons ago and were ahead a couple of goals. Our forward had beaten the defense and was in the box about to shoot when the opposing coaches kid tackled our player in the box. When I mean tackled, he hit him like a linebacker and sent him head over heels for 15 feet. Hardest hit I have ever seen on the pitch to this day and they were only 10 years old. No card or penalty. Thankfully the kid wasn't hurt but easily could have been.

After filing a complaint, I found out the coach and the ref were both "municipal" employees, as was the assignor, and nothing was done about it. That changed the way I look at youth athletics permanently.

It is a competition at every level and everyone is looking for an advantage, whether it is inside the rules or out.

As an aside, the opposing coach was seen "roughing up" his kid after the match for losing by some of our parents. No wonder the kid felt compelled to play that way.
Blond bomber
Blond bomber
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 3:14 pm

Blond bomber wrote:It happens and I have yet to see an "official" truly separate himself from the relationship to the team, a player or coach.

We played a team 3 or 4 seasons ago and were ahead a couple of goals. Our forward had beaten the defense and was in the box about to shoot when the opposing coaches kid tackled our player in the box. When I mean tackled, he hit him like a linebacker and sent him head over heels for 15 feet. Hardest hit I have ever seen on the pitch to this day and they were only 10 years old. No card or penalty. Thankfully the kid wasn't hurt but easily could have been.

After filing a complaint, I found out the coach and the ref were both "municipal" employees, as was the assignor, and nothing was done about it. That changed the way I look at youth athletics permanently.

It is a competition at every level and everyone is looking for an advantage, whether it is inside the rules or out.

As an aside, the opposing coach was seen "roughing up" his kid after the match for losing by some of our parents. No wonder the kid felt compelled to play that way.

Well I intend to pursue this issue. I feel that Jesse McNeil is bad for youth soccer. He has a knack for making things result in a positive way for FC Dallas. This though is very serious and needs to be dealt with. I told it to his face as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blond bomber 5/7/2013, 3:19 pm

Good for you Riquelme... The sport could use a few more of you. cheers

Let us know what happens.
Blond bomber
Blond bomber
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/17/2013, 7:17 am

Did you get the complaint filed against FCD? What happened?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2013, 7:23 am

Not with FCD because that would serve no purpose. Despite our differences Finish you have to agree that it was unethical for McNeil to do what he did. But rest assured I am pursueing this to the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2013, 7:42 am

Riquelme wrote:Not with FCD because that would serve no purpose. Despite our differences Finish you have to agree that it was unethical for McNeil to do what he did. But rest assured I am pursueing this to the end.
RQ you are right on the money bro they will sweep it under the carpet faster then a walmart HR issue Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/17/2013, 9:17 am

I don't view life as a victim and don't believe the deck is stacked against me. So I don't hang my hat on how I am being wronged.

Take, for example when SR beat Barcelona in their last game. Your son scored two very nice goals (the only time I have seen him play). He has a great strike, btw. When the game was over, I heard someone screaming from a huddled mass on the far side of the touchline "Cheaters! Cheaters!"

I asked another parent, who is that? And the reply was, RQ. We thought you should be very happy, but chose to take the viewpoint of a victim.

So, no. I don't believe there is a conspiracy by FCD or any of their coaches/referees to call games in a way that gives them a perpetual advantage.

I do believe, however, the actions of parents on the sidelines can cause a referee to make (or not make) calls as a result of the relentless banter.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2013, 9:28 am

finish1 wrote:I don't view life as a victim and don't believe the deck is stacked against me. So I don't hang my hat on how I am being wronged.

Take, for example when SR beat Barcelona in their last game. Your son scored two very nice goals (the only time I have seen him play). He has a great strike, btw. When the game was over, I heard someone screaming from a huddled mass on the far side of the touchline "Cheaters! Cheaters!"

I asked another parent, who is that? And the reply was, RQ. We thought you should be very happy, but chose to take the viewpoint of a victim.

So, no. I don't believe there is a conspiracy by FCD or any of their coaches/referees to call games in a way that gives them a perpetual advantage.

I do believe, however, the actions of parents on the sidelines can cause a referee to make (or not make) calls as a result of the relentless banter.

First get your facts straight. I was happier than anything with the result of the Barca/Solar game. I was upset with our coach because he started my son at defender instead of upfront, which even your coach told me helped him out. So no I never said anyone cheated and whoever told you that tell them to come to me to clear it up. Second I never claimed a conspiracy from FCDallas. I said McNeil has not ethics and as an employee of FCDallas should not ref games in which FCDallas teams are invloved. Your coach actually agree with me.

You tend to always get your facts wrong dude. Thanks for the compliment regarding my son. Side note someone pointed out your son to me and he is very skilled.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/17/2013, 10:47 am

I thought bb played the position very well. I see him more as a holding/attacking mid than pure forward. If you plan to leave Barcelona next year and move somewhere else, there will be lots of competition at forward. He may get more play time at another spot. Keep your options open and let the coach decide.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2013, 11:17 am

finish1 wrote:I thought bb played the position very well. I see him more as a holding/attacking mid than pure forward. If you plan to leave Barcelona next year and move somewhere else, there will be lots of competition at forward. He may get more play time at another spot. Keep your options open and let the coach decide.

I have heard that from other people too. I have heard right winger more than anything else due to his pace. Yesterday at his Jr High game he played right winger and tore thru that defense with power and pace. We shall see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/17/2013, 12:48 pm

There ya go. Exactly.

He could be very effective as a winger getting behind the defense. The caveat is that wingers are servers. They can score, certainly, but their primary function is to setup scoring opportunities for others.

Secondarily, wingers follow the service into the area for potential scoring opportunities for themselves. It's a very unselfish position that some strikers find very difficult to settle into.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/17/2013, 3:07 pm

Hey get a room you two

Riquelme and finish sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/17/2013, 3:08 pm

I will break up the lovefest to add no problem with little RQ playing some defense I could actually see the strategy behind it. I think he would be one of the best players on the team at just about every position.

I will add this just to get things going. If a youth player is not one of the best at every position on the field then he has no long term future in soccer. Every position in soccer at it's core is just soccer and the same. A truly talented youth player should be able to do it all.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2013, 3:30 pm

go99 wrote:I will break up the lovefest to add no problem with little RQ playing some defense I could actually see the strategy behind it. I think he would be one of the best players on the team at just about every position.

I will add this just to get things going. If a youth player is not one of the best at every position on the field then he has no long term future in soccer. Every position in soccer at it's core is just soccer and the same. A truly talented youth player should be able to do it all.

I know right? Weird getting along with Finish....but I like it rather than the bickering. I'm good with whatever position he plays as long as he is trained to play it properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum