Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams

+9
sokrparent
True10
finish1
BP1941
plantit
Fabiano9
P1er
clueless
irish86
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams

Post by finish1 1/21/2010, 12:06 pm

Many obstacles to face, there are. Who knows what the future holds. The force must be strong to withstand the test of time. Go, you can be such a bean bag! 98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Icon_jokercolor

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams

Post by go99 1/21/2010, 12:28 pm

yes I am saying US soccer is bad in general and NTX soccer is bad specifically. What I am saying is what it takes to win at 12 are not the same as what it take to win at 20. While we are focused on our next win, other soccer countries are focused on learning to play. NTX is a competative enviornment with lots of talented kids, I would say as many if not more than any other place in the US. Who knows what the future holds and I hope it holds a focus on turning all of this talent into world class players. I will not even start on D1 college soccer or Kenny Cooper. And yes Finish I can be quite a bean bag. 98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
My only point being let's not pat ourselves on the back after one useless tournament. There is much hard work to be done in N Texas. The US is not even close to there as far as development and neither is NTX.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Empty No Go

Post by irish86 1/21/2010, 4:17 pm

You've got to be kidding me. US soccer is on the rise, and North Texas soccer is doing well across the country. If you want to compare US soccer on a national level to Brasil or Italy, it's apples to oranges. When local kids, boys and girls, do well and distinguish themselves across the country, we should applaud the players, coaches, and parents. We should not be comparing them to the Brasilian national team. We have to start at the local levels and build upon the base that local parents, players, and coaches are helping to establish. In short, pound sand, amigo. And the reason that you "won't even start" on D-1 soccer is because you would only further expose your arse.

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/21/2010, 5:12 pm

Actually I think I won't start because I am way to old to play in D1. Unfortunately soccer is a world sport and in the end that is exactly who they have to compete against. There is nothing special in the air, food, or genetics in brazil. They are just kids just like ours. There is no reason that these kids can't grow up to compete on an international scale. Kudos on the wins you always like to do well, ket's stop short of thinking we are already there. Things are getting better and some people are trying to make change. There is still plenty wrong with soccer in N Texas.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/21/2010, 5:19 pm

Oh BTW the regard for D1 College soccer is not that high for even the MLS and even less so internationally. I saw a top U11 team from Columbia play and it was very impressive. I doubt they would stay in D1 classic league here. I would bet money that the solar 98 team could win against any team of 12 year old in Brazil. Why does it change by the time our kids reach the national team? Why do they outperform us at the older ages. I say it doesn't have too. I think these kids like the solar 98 can grow up and compete with the best. I just don't think that business as usual will get us there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Empty Go

Post by irish86 1/21/2010, 5:44 pm

I think we probably agree more than we disagree. And if my previous comments were a bit too strong, I apologize. I would say that the fact that soccer is a "world sport" is a positive as opposed to a negative. If you walked around most countries in the world with a soccer ball in a mesh bag you'd make friends, or at least strike up a conversation. Not so much in the US. Our national sports are football (NFL/college/HS), basketball, and baseball. Many countries can't say the same. So we have our work cut out for us. But I'm seeing the "development" here in the States. As a parent of a player, I'd be content if my son/daughter played soccer through college and beyond, and enjoyed the beautiful game. As a soccer fan, I would love to see the US compete for a World Cup title. Will the latter happen any time soon, I don't know. But some of this is analogous to the glass half-full or half-empty. I think we're making progress, and very good memories for the families that work their tails off to make such dreams possible for their sons and daughters. If there is a status quo for US soccer, I suspect there is a new model in the making. You might disagree.

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/21/2010, 6:24 pm

When I look at those kids and some others I do see a bright future in the US. You see the soccer dreams in some of there eyes and believe that we will see the US compete amongst the best. It a great experience for everyone involved and great for N Texas, hopefully just a small one on a road to many greater ones. I would like to see NTX lead the US in the development of world class players. Solar 98, texans, TFC are all certianly off to a great start. Again kudos on the great tournament, look forward to a great season in which they all show even more.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

98 Not a Bad Showing for the Local Teams - Page 2 Empty Well said

Post by irish86 1/22/2010, 8:11 am

I agree with you. Believe coaching will be the key to taking the next step that we both hope to witness going forward.

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2