Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Coming to Texas!! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Coming to Texas!!

+6
PitchBound
Rooneyhasplugs
alv3119
getafe01
Soccerinsanity
fussball
10 posters

Go down

Coming to Texas!! Empty Coming to Texas!!

Post by fussball 5/16/2013, 10:48 pm

Hello Texas!!!

We are moving to the North Dallas area this summer from Maryland and I am trying to wade through all the club choices (and lingo - what does BB mean??).

My 04B is in an academy program and plays on a U9 travel (select?) team. He has two coaches; one is USSF A and the other is USSF B and plays pro. Both coaches have impressive resumes and the program is outstanding. I can say my son has developed more in the last year than in the prior three years combined. I'd like to keep him on that trajectory and I've briefly checked out FCD, Dallas Texans, and Solar Chelsea. I've noticed some price differences and FCD has ALOT of 04B teams; but that's about it; right now I pay $1500/year. Are these clubs pretty much comparable to one another? Would any of them be a good bet? Can anyone recommend a great coach? Not really concerned about making the Div I, A+++ uber-platinum team.

My 03G is a high level rec player and her coach is a volunteer dad who just got his D license. She's got great ball skills and she loves playing the game. She's just not the fastest/most aggressive player, which, unfortunately is a disadvantage in the selection process. I would love to get her a good coach! Not sure if she would make the cut in a tryout; it would be convenient to have both kids in the same club. Maybe a tryout with a club that fields ten select teams in her age group would get her into a good program.

All suggestions and opinions are appreciated!!
fussball
fussball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Coming to Texas!! Empty Re: Coming to Texas!!

Post by Soccerinsanity 5/16/2013, 11:10 pm

Welcome!

BB = baby boy or brilliant boy, as opposed to your dd = darling daughter.

You have tons of options, definitely choose by the coach, not the club because the club doesn't have much of an impact, it's each coach.
Other big clubs in the north are Liverpool and TFC, but there are also lots of smaller independents.

If you list some of the coaches that you are considering, we can tell you what their reputations are.

Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint...so if you get it wrong this year, there are plenty of other years to improve your selections.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fussball 5/17/2013, 7:43 am

Yeah, I get that...kinda like trying to get your kid in a good school but the teacher may not be that great. Since I don't know anyone down there I will have to rely on luck. Glad there is this forum to help me narrow the field.
fussball
fussball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/17/2013, 10:11 am

pksky511 wrote:Yeah, I get that...kinda like trying to get your kid in a good school but the teacher may not be that great. Since I don't know anyone down there I will have to rely on luck. Glad there is this forum to help me narrow the field.

Be careful. Much of what is written on the fora is information that is extremely biased and subjective. I would use your current coaches to help guide you. If you are associated with a large club, and prefer that route, it is here in NTX. The clubs all have friends and acquaintances. They should provide some information. If you want to assess smaller clubs, independent clubs etc, they are are present here as well. Much of the decision will be dependent on where you live, just as with schools.

getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by alv3119 5/17/2013, 6:22 pm

You need to also pay attention to geography. DFW is huge and spread out. You can find clubs in the metroplex whose praxrice sites are separated by 50 miles. A 30 mile jaunt between school and practice can take a hour. Not a pretty thought for 2 practices per week for each kid, plus games.

alv3119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 5/18/2013, 9:16 pm

City Futsal.

/thread

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fussball 5/18/2013, 9:55 pm

getafe01 wrote:
pksky511 wrote:Yeah, I get that...kinda like trying to get your kid in a good school but the teacher may not be that great. Since I don't know anyone down there I will have to rely on luck. Glad there is this forum to help me narrow the field.

Be careful. Much of what is written on the fora is information that is extremely biased and subjective. I would use your current coaches to help guide you. If you are associated with a large club, and prefer that route, it is here in NTX. The clubs all have friends and acquaintances. They should provide some information. If you want to assess smaller clubs, independent clubs etc, they are are present here as well. Much of the decision will be dependent on where you live, just as with schools.

Talked to my son's coach today and he's got a couple of Dallas contacts. His thinking is it may be better to go with a smaller, independent than a huge club at this age. Any good ones out there??
fussball
fussball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PitchBound 5/18/2013, 10:39 pm

pksky511 wrote:
getafe01 wrote:

Talked to my son's coach today and he's got a couple of Dallas contacts. His thinking is it may be better to go with a smaller, independent than a huge club at this age. Any good ones out there??

Come check us out, www.mejasc.com I coach the 05 Boys in Frisco.

Good luck and welcome to TX!

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 5/30/2013, 3:09 pm

I'm with Rooney. Skip all the 04 Madness get in the City Futsal FDSP training program. That will give you a year to find a team before classic league qualifying and your BB a year of training that will change him as a player. Excellent program.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by betterthanever 5/30/2013, 3:46 pm

Anyone have an email address for Toto? Also what age groups will they coach?

Thanks!

betterthanever
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by fussball 5/30/2013, 7:58 pm

striker6 wrote:I'm with Rooney. Skip all the 04 Madness get in the City Futsal FDSP training program. That will give you a year to find a team before classic league qualifying and your BB a year of training that will change him as a player. Excellent program.

Now that's an interesting concept I have not thought of...we are big futsal fans and my BBs current coach just made the U.S. National Team. He's also had training with Denison Cabral's Futsal Academy in Millersville, MD; nothing close to the FDSP program. It definitely would not leave any room for outdoor if we did that.

I wonder how players do once they go through FDSP and then go outdoor after skipping a year??? How would it affect getting on a select team at U11???
fussball
fussball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 5/30/2013, 9:18 pm

pksky511 wrote:
striker6 wrote:I'm with Rooney. Skip all the 04 Madness get in the City Futsal FDSP training program. That will give you a year to find a team before classic league qualifying and your BB a year of training that will change him as a player. Excellent program.

Now that's an interesting concept I have not thought of...we are big futsal fans and my BBs current coach just made the U.S. National Team. He's also had training with Denison Cabral's Futsal Academy in Millersville, MD; nothing close to the FDSP program. It definitely would not leave any room for outdoor if we did that.

I wonder how players do once they go through FDSP and then go outdoor after skipping a year??? How would it affect getting on a select team at U11???

PK, you won't regret it. If you and your child put in as much effort as the coaching staff at FDSP you will not regret it. There is going to be a 3v3 tourney tomorrow at IAD. You should take your kids and see for yourself what's going on there.
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by toepoker11 5/30/2013, 9:28 pm

hunden97 wrote:
pksky511 wrote:

PK, you won't regret it. If you and your child put in as much effort as the coaching staff at FDSP you will not regret it. There is going to be a 3v3 tourney tomorrow at IAD. You should take your kids and see for yourself what's going on there.

I believe they will be having Elite Week camps and summer training academy programs starting up soon as well. Those would be great ways to check out City Futsal over the summer and see if its something you would be interested in.

toepoker11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 5/30/2013, 9:52 pm

toepoker11 wrote:
hunden97 wrote:
pksky511 wrote:

I believe they will be having Elite Week camps and summer training academy programs starting up soon as well. Those would be great ways to check out City Futsal over the summer and see if its something you would be interested in.

Good call! Those are great trainings too.
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down