Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL

+5
karlmcbride
The German
ALSC_7
True10
EastTexasSoccer
9 posters

Go down

Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL Empty Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL

Post by EastTexasSoccer 1/28/2010, 4:50 pm

I am on the outside looking in; therefore please let me know how competitive is APL versus PPL...?

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL Empty Re: Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL

Post by True10 1/28/2010, 5:23 pm

PPL is a little deeper league but the top 2 or 3 of the APL is as good or better than the PPL.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL Empty Re: Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL

Post by ALSC_7 1/28/2010, 7:26 pm

Wow... True. Thanks for giving the API some kudos. Nothing like stirring things up before Spring Challenge.

Last edited by ALSC_7 on 1/28/2010, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 1/28/2010, 7:34 pm

True10 wrote:PPL is a little deeper league but the top 2 or 3 of the APL is as good or better than the PPL.
Comparing the teams we played the last few tournaments I have to say that APL is not only stronger at the top but in general. We played Barcelona last weekend and they could easily play in D3 at least if that is the level of play they show in the league as well.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 1/28/2010, 7:41 pm

The German wrote:
True10 wrote:PPL is a little deeper league but the top 2 or 3 of the APL is as good or better than the PPL.
Comparing the teams we played the last few tournaments I have to say that APL is not only stronger at the top but in general. We played Barcelona last weekend and they could easily play in D3 at least if that is the level of play they show in the league as well.
If you are referring to the Barcelona team you played in the Winter Classic last weekend, I don't think that is same Barcelona that is in the Arlington league.
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 1/28/2010, 9:47 pm

ALSC_7 wrote:
The German wrote:
If you are referring to the Barcelona team you played in the Winter Classic last weekend, I don't think that is same Barcelona that is in the Arlington league.
In that case forget about APL. Smile
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 1/28/2010, 10:25 pm

The German wrote:
ALSC_7 wrote:
The German wrote:
lol
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 1/28/2010, 10:29 pm

ALSC_7 wrote:
The German wrote:
ALSC_7 wrote:
The German wrote:
lol

I will take the top APL against any D3 team and some D2s. Be Honest!!! How competitive is APL versus PPL Icon_wink
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 1/28/2010, 11:43 pm

Amarillo Lightning could easy be a DII Classic League...in addition to Latino Americanos, TDA, Texas Lightning, and etc. being at least a DIII Classic League team...Also do anyone know anything about CDI 97 boys; I have heard they aren't as good as their gotsoccer rankings show...?

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by karlmcbride 1/29/2010, 2:03 am

EastTexasSoccer wrote:Amarillo Lightning could easy be a DII Classic League...in addition to Latino Americanos, TDA, Texas Lightning, and etc. being at least a DIII Classic League team...Also do anyone know anything about CDI 97 boys; I have heard they aren't as good as their gotsoccer rankings show...?
I thought you said you we're on the outside looking in, how can you rate these teams in the classic league??????
karlmcbride
karlmcbride
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 1/29/2010, 7:21 am

I don't know much about PPL... But I will say this... I think APL at least this year anyway is way more competitive than D-3.
Irving Elite's scores last year where by no means blowouts in APL against the top teams. There is not a team in D-3 that can come close to them right now...Well maybe the team currently in 2nd... Most of Irving's games have been blowouts in D-3 so far...

And yes Amarillo lightning is the real deal.... They should be promoted to d-2 just to save them from wasting a year in D-3 the way Irving Elite is doing right now.... To bad the tourney is going to get rained out this weekend sure would like to see how well they were going to do in their bracket...
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 1/29/2010, 11:28 am

EastTexasSoccer wrote:Amarillo Lightning could easy be a DII Classic League...in addition to Latino Americanos, TDA, Texas Lightning, and etc. being at least a DIII Classic League team...Also do anyone know anything about CDI 97 boys; I have heard they aren't as good as their gotsoccer rankings show...?

I would not put to much stock in the gotsoccer rankings for actual rankings. Look more for recent head-to-head results on gotsoccer. A team might have racked up a bunch a pts. early against lesser comp. and now are playing better comp. and cannot get pts. Also see how APL teams fared against PPL teams in recent tourneys.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/1/2010, 11:09 am

Always laugh at you pud knockers that think your teams should always be in a higher division...except for qualification/advancement....

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 2/1/2010, 2:10 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Always laugh at you pud knockers that think your teams should always be in a higher division...except for qualification/advancement....

I really don't think that any of the posters here have kids on AMARILLO LIGHTNING... But we all do know that they should do the same next year in d-3 what Irving Elite is doing this year....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 2/1/2010, 2:39 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Always laugh at you pud knockers that think your teams should always be in a higher division...except for qualification/advancement....

Glad we could provide you with some comic relief cherry
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 2/1/2010, 2:46 pm

ALSC_7 wrote:

Glad we could provide you with some comic relief cherry

ALSC... Sorry... I guess I should have said " None of the posters on here who are stating that some teams should be in a higher division have kids on said team/s....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/1/2010, 4:19 pm

EastTex either you have way too much time on your hands to evaluate NTX soccer or your not that far outside. In order to develop your third world soccer country, you're going to need coaches who know the game. Wrong football for your (red)neck of the woods.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 2/1/2010, 4:44 pm

"red(neck)" of the woods...lol; that's a pretty good one...I do not spend that much time dealing with APL and/or PPL; as I am a college soccer scout/consultant for (5) DivI universities and (10) JUCO's, so therefore I am @ NTX & OKLA ODP training sessions, Premier College Showcase tournaments across this immediate southwest region, and collegiate soccer combines...and if I'm not mistaken; US WorldCup Team may have a couple of E. Texas boys on it...that says a lot for this red(neck) of the woods...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/1/2010, 5:05 pm

Quite the resume. That officially puts you on the inside looking closer...ETX redneck!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 2/1/2010, 8:03 pm

EastTexasSoccer wrote:"red(neck)" of the woods...lol; that's a pretty good one...I do not spend that much time dealing with APL and/or PPL; as I am a college soccer scout/consultant for (5) DivI universities and (10) JUCO's, so therefore I am @ NTX & OKLA ODP training sessions, Premier College Showcase tournaments across this immediate southwest region, and collegiate soccer combines...and if I'm not mistaken; US WorldCup Team may have a couple of E. Texas boys on it...that says a lot for this red(neck) of the woods...
You spew a lot of BS. Either your quote above is full of it or the one that started this thread is full of it. If the above comment is true, you certainly already know the answer to your initial question. That...or you're one horrible "scout/consultant".
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/1/2010, 8:19 pm

EastTexasSoccer wrote:"red(neck)" of the woods...lol; that's a pretty good one...I do not spend that much time dealing with APL and/or PPL; as I am a college soccer scout/consultant for (5) DivI universities and (10) JUCO's, so therefore I am @ NTX & OKLA ODP training sessions, Premier College Showcase tournaments across this immediate southwest region, and collegiate soccer combines...and if I'm not mistaken; US WorldCup Team may have a couple of E. Texas boys on it...that says a lot for this red(neck) of the woods...

I'm with you happy...this guy is a joke. You begin by saying how apl and ppl teams and 'even' some classic teams are interested in some east Texas boys. Wow! Are you really scouting ODP for the best area players? That's funny! Please tell me you didn't get your scouting credentials from that online course did you?

And as far as WC players...ya Dempsey but where did he play youth?That's right the classic league.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/8/2010, 2:31 pm

thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down