Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Water breaks Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Water breaks

+24
twotone
forward thinker
Plano0301
heyyouguys
allen04
Rancho4C
omega striker
debit
odie1993
go99
my2cents
mpcls55
Laimport
Ibystander
Minilla
Soccerinsanity
fastforward
soccerman771
The German
Rooneyhasplugs
Laroja_2012
Axxman
Fanofson
Oranje19
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Water breaks Empty Water breaks

Post by Oranje19 8/6/2013, 1:07 pm

For anyone who wants to argue for or against water breaks during the QT Tourney, here's a whole new thread for you to hash it out. I'm tired of getting notified that there are new comments about round 2 only to discover it's someone being critical of those who support the safety of kids. It isn't just about being conditioned and tough. It has to do with how quickly water is lost in 100+ heat and how other injuries can occur due to the effects of dehydration - not just the dehydration itself. That's why many high schools, universities, etc have heat policies that require lighter practices and more water breaks in extreme heat. It only makes sense to protect 10 year olds.

Oranje19
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Water breaks Empty Re: Water breaks

Post by Guest 8/6/2013, 1:19 pm

We will not break for water, my child is the next Neymar and we're not going to stop for anyone needing water.  Dont like the heat get out of the kitchen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 8/6/2013, 2:07 pm

As a referee, I would say it is also critical for the game officials, as a person dehydrates they make bad decisions, it is important to provide these breaks so referees can grab water during game and be in position to make calls at end of game when it might be critical. As bad as most of the parents/ and coaches think we are now it could get alot worse.

We have a boy on our team that regularly runs several miles a couple times a week with his mother who is competing in an iron man this September. He runs between a 7 and 8 minute mile. I say this to demonstate he is not "out of shape". He as well as several team members were light headed by end of game this past Sunday even with water breaks.
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2013, 2:12 pm

Oranje19 wrote:For anyone who wants to argue for or against water breaks during the QT Tourney, here's a whole new thread for you to hash it out. I'm tired of getting notified that there are new comments about round 2 only to discover it's someone being critical of those who support the safety of kids. It isn't just about being conditioned and tough. It has to do with how quickly water is lost in 100+ heat and how other injuries can occur due to the effects of dehydration - not just the dehydration itself. That's why many high schools, universities, etc have heat policies that require lighter practices and more water breaks in extreme heat. It only makes sense to protect 10 year olds.

Nobody is saying don't hydrate, but 5 minutes is simply too long.  Have you every seen a marathon runner stop to rehydrate?  They grab a few drinks every few miles as they're running and continue on.  If you prepare properly the days prior to a game or games, a one minute water break in between halves is way more than enough.  A quick snack at half if necessary to keep the blood sugar in check and you're good to go.  If more parents worried more about proper nutrition and hydration around here, this would not even be a topic of conversation.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2013, 2:14 pm

Fanofson wrote:As a referee, I would say it is also critical for the game officials, as a person dehydrates they make bad decisions, it is important to provide these breaks so referees can grab water during game and be in position to make calls at end of game when it might be critical. As bad as most of the parents/ and coaches think we are now it could get alot worse.

We have a boy on our team that regularly runs several miles a couple times a week with his mother who is competing in an iron man this September. He runs between a 7 and 8 minute mile. I say this to demonstate he is not "out of shape". He as well as several team members were light headed by end of game this past Sunday even with water breaks.

He may not be out of shape, but the majority of the referees I've seen around here certainly are, so maybe the 5 minutes water breaks are more for them than the kids. And we certainly don't need calls deteriorating, because for the most part they are horrible to begin with.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 8/6/2013, 2:17 pm

For those interested, here you can find the Hydration and Heat Illness Guidelines from USSF

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/news/hydration_and_heat_illness_guidelines_from_ussf/

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2013, 2:21 pm

There go our black jerseys.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 8/6/2013, 4:58 pm

Oranje19 wrote:For anyone who wants to argue for or against water breaks during the QT Tourney, here's a whole new thread for you to hash it out. I'm tired of getting notified that there are new comments about round 2 only to discover it's someone being critical of those who support the safety of kids. It isn't just about being conditioned and tough. It has to do with how quickly water is lost in 100+ heat and how other injuries can occur due to the effects of dehydration - not just the dehydration itself. That's why many high schools, universities, etc have heat policies that require lighter practices and more water breaks in extreme heat. It only makes sense to protect 10 year olds.

Why the hell would anyone complain about water breaks for kids playing soccer in 100 degree weather.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/6/2013, 5:23 pm

I know some of the professional teams did water breaks during their pre-season games because of the heat wave they had in central Europe.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 8/6/2013, 5:39 pm

The German wrote:I know some of the professional teams did water breaks during their pre-season games because of the heat wave they had in central Europe.

Where was this? I don't believe it's been higher than mid to low 90's over most of mid-Europe.

I agree with the water breaks being that long.

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/6/2013, 5:50 pm

soccerman771 wrote:
The German wrote:I know some of the professional teams did water breaks during their pre-season games because of the heat wave they had in central Europe.

Where was this?  I don't believe it's been higher than mid to low 90's over most of mid-Europe.

I agree with the water breaks being that long.
German Supercup between Bayern and Dortmund two weeks ago.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2013, 6:46 pm

Guardiola was ticked.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fastforward 8/7/2013, 12:53 pm

Amazing how famous soccer parents complain about a player (child) getting a well deserved water break. I think these are the same parents that could easily drop a good 20-40 pounds or more, the ones notorious at complaining about how bad the ref's are. IMO, the refs were excellent and many parents were relieved that their players were looked after & able to rehydrate. Maybe the parents should hit the fields & go for a run in a 103 degree heat. Drop a few lbs., it feels good.
fastforward
fastforward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/7/2013, 1:36 pm

What am I missing here, fastforward? I think you fastforwarded over the part about parents' weight equates to kids hydration....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 8/7/2013, 1:38 pm

Fastforward sounds like an in shape over 40 hot soccer mom.  Maybe we can get her an the bystander to ref our next game, no problem with 5 minute water breaks.  Or maybe a cross train boot camp in the heat during one of the games so all the fatties can lose a few lbs. That should distract them and keep them from yelling at the refs.   anyhow.  Gotta love the goalie moms.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/7/2013, 2:02 pm

Minilla wrote:Fastforward sounds like an in shape over 40 hot soccer mom.  Maybe we can get her an the bystander to ref our next game, no problem with 5 minute water breaks.  Or maybe a cross train boot camp in the heat during one of the games so all the fatties can lose a few lbs. That should distract them and keep them from yelling at the refs.   anyhow.  Gotta love the goalie moms.
Well, don't take your water break, you old prune. Keep your bb on, prove your point. Now, if you ever have anything else to say about my BBs, please feel free to say it to my face.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/7/2013, 2:08 pm

I have no problem with water breaks. But I do have a problem with the refs not adding the break time back on at the end of the half. Just stop your watch and restart it after the break. Whether it's 2 minutes or 5 minutes.

Especially tournaments. The halves are generally already shortened by 5 minutes anyway.

A 5 minute water break in addition can take 15-20 minutes off of a game.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 8/7/2013, 2:34 pm

Ibystander wrote:
Minilla wrote:Fastforward sounds like an in shape over 40 hot soccer mom.  Maybe we can get her an the bystander to ref our next game, no problem with 5 minute water breaks.  Or maybe a cross train boot camp in the heat during one of the games so all the fatties can lose a few lbs. That should distract them and keep them from yelling at the refs.   anyhow.  Gotta love the goalie moms.
Well, don't take your water break, you old prune.  Keep your bb on, prove your point.  Now, if you ever have anything else to say about my BBs, please feel free to say it to my face.

Now would not that make me a plum? I like it when you get catty and all.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 8/7/2013, 3:01 pm

Laimport wrote:I have no problem with water breaks. But I do have a problem with the refs not adding the break time back on at the end of the half. Just stop your watch and restart it after the break. Whether it's 2 minutes or 5 minutes.

Especially tournaments. The halves are generally already shortened by 5 minutes anyway.

A 5 minute water break in addition can take 15-20 minutes off of a game.

Take that up with the tournament directors. We were instructed to keep the clock running.

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2013, 3:09 pm

I don't understand that discussion. All the pro players and the entire soccer world complained about the 2022 world cup organized in Qatar for that exact reason : the heat !
These are pro players complaining about having to play in the heat; guys who do that for a living...Opposed to 10 years old babies ! It is so completely obvious that a water break is good for them that I don't even see the reason of discussing that.

Now, because of tournament rules the ref can't stop the clock; we can complain about that but we sure can't complain about water break.
And guess what, if they can't stop the clock it is once again because of underlying money issue so we are back to that once again; somebody wants to make more money...

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 8/7/2013, 3:36 pm

I agree that 5 minutes was a bit on the lengthy side. It has the potential to significantly alter the momentum of the game. Same thing could be accomplished a lot faster.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/7/2013, 3:37 pm

Ok this topic is getting out of control.  I for one am not complaining about water breaks, they are well needed in this heat.  I just think that 5 minutes is too long of a break, 1-2 minutes tops and lets go.    In fact, I've asked several coaches and they tend to agree.  Just my opinion, really not that big-a-deal.  It does not much matter anyhow, the league will do as they please, and pretty soon the dark jerseys will not be allowed either, so get your wallets ready as we will have to buy that 3rd light colored jersey for the Texas summers.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2013, 4:01 pm

Axxman wrote: and pretty soon the dark jerseys will not be allowed either, so get your wallets ready as we will have to buy that 3rd light colored jersey for the Texas summers.

Gee Axx, YOU CRAZY !!! Those clubs don't need anybody to give them new ideas !!!
Watch it, if they request that next season, I will come and get you to pay those for me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/7/2013, 4:13 pm

gababa wrote:
Axxman wrote: and pretty soon the dark jerseys will not be allowed either, so get your wallets ready as we will have to buy that 3rd light colored jersey for the Texas summers.

Gee Axx, YOU CRAZY !!! Those clubs don't need anybody to give them new ideas !!!
Watch it, if they request that next season, I will come and get you to pay those for me....

It's not my idea, it's in the USSF Heat & Hydration guidelines just like the 5 minute break recommendation;

"Children should choose clothing that is light-colored and lightweight that facilitates evaporation of sweat."

Can you say dri-fit here we come!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/7/2013, 4:25 pm

Years back I asked for exactly that, a 3rd hot weather light colored home jersey to use instead of our navy blue home jerseys. I can never understand the thought process of those who chose dark blue and black jerseys for a Texas team.
Laimport, two 5 minutes breaks takes 15 to 20 off the game. I don't understand the math there.
The tournament organizers can't know for sure if the breaks will be needed when they schedule games. To stop the clock adds 10 minutes per game times 8 to 10 games per field = 80 to 100 minutes. One less game played on that field.

Besides the game time lost is not worth the possible consequences. A few years ago I had a very athletic, conditioned son fall out during a game. He did not want to be the guy the game was stopped for and helped off the field. He got up to try to get off the field and went down again and went out. He almost stopped breathing. An EMT there could not tell if he was breathing or not. His pulse was very weak.
He ended up spending a night at Baylor and was fine after a few weeks. The bottom line is that he was the last one on that team you would have expected this to happen to. It does happen. If you had ever stood there and thought you were going to see a player, your child, die in his mothers arms on a soccer then you would know how petty, short-sighted and ill conceived these complaints on the use and duration of water breaks are.

Life can be too short to sweat the small stuff.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next