Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Enough is Enough. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Enough is Enough.

+9
cccaptain
Rightback
davito
urahater
Top Corner Goalkeepers
AllPaoTeam
finish1
PG-Boy
Se La Perdio
13 posters

Go down

Enough is Enough. Empty Enough is Enough.

Post by Se La Perdio 8/29/2013, 11:53 am

From USA Today. By NATE SCOTT – August 27, 2013 at 7:26am EDT

Today’s Big Winner: Fans of boring soccer games. Soccer should punish teams for scoreless ties?
Enough is enough.

Yesterday, Chelsea and Manchester United played in one of the most publicized games of the early Barclay’s Premier League season. This was a huge match for NBC Sports, as the network was broadcasting the two teams that most pundits believe will challenge for the league title. It was two of the biggest teams in the world facing off on England’s equivalent of Monday Night Football. The stage was set.

And the two teams delivered a boring, completely forgettable 0-0 tie.

American Twitter laughed. Heck, world Twitter laughed. They compared the game to the famous Simpsons soccer scene. Here was another big chance for soccer to make a mark on the American consciousness, and the teams delivered a boring, goalless game.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Enough is Enough. Empty Re: Enough is Enough.

Post by PG-Boy 8/29/2013, 12:05 pm

The Spanish Supercopa yesterday was not much merrier.

It's still early in the season, teams don't want to start with losses. Especially new coaches.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/29/2013, 1:11 pm

If you tried to end a game in a tie in the United States. Heck, that might be listed in Revelations as the cause for the apocalypse. Basketball 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 8/29/2013, 1:33 pm

I really think all tied soccer games should go into 1 OT then a shoot out. I think it would catch on much faster in the USA if that was the new rule..
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 8/29/2013, 1:46 pm

playing 90 minutes of soccer with only one 15 minute break and not conceding a goal should be rewarded. Soccer doesn't have time outs or unlimited substitutes or a defence and offensive team. You try doing that and then play another 15 minutes straight after i have been brought up playing and watch soccer since i was a young kid and i can remember seeing some great game end 0-0. 0-0 for 90 minutes i will take over 0-0 for hours like it can be in baseball

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater 8/29/2013, 2:13 pm

lol! 
finish1 wrote:If you tried to end a game in a tie in the United States. Heck, that might be listed in Revelations as the cause for the apocalypse. Basketball 

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/29/2013, 3:23 pm

0-0 for 90 minutes i will take over 0-0 for hours like it can be in baseball

i rather have a fork in the eye than watch an endless boring baseball game......

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/29/2013, 3:44 pm

urahater wrote:lol! 
finish1 wrote:If you tried to end a game in a tie in the United States. Heck, that might be listed in Revelations as the cause for the apocalypse. Basketball 

Ties and no playoffs. Why even do this?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 8/29/2013, 3:56 pm

This was an intriguing game that was never going to be appreciated by the casual observer who just wants to see goals.

Admitted there were dull periods knocking it arond the back 4 and back to the keeper but it was an interesting encounter between a cautious Man Utd who had a lot of possession and territory vs a dangerous Chelsea on the counter attack. The game was always on a knife edge. One goal either way would have turned the game on it's head. And there was lots to absorb in the sub plots like how would Rooney play, how would Moyes and Mourinho approach the game tactically.

Anything is boring (Chess, Classical Music, Baseball, Cricket) when you don't really understand what is going on.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 8/29/2013, 4:39 pm

What would be better? Basketball? I am winning, no now you are winning, now I am winning, no now you are winning. Spare me. The tension build up to a goal means when you get one the place explodes. Does not always happen, which makes it even more tense.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cccaptain 8/29/2013, 9:59 pm

This is Soccer, not an American sport. Ties are often more representative of strategies..... If you want to see goals, watch Indoor Soccer. I don't even like the 3 point system..... let alone the youth 10 point in Tournaments; it is ridiculous!!
cccaptain
cccaptain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbanul 8/30/2013, 6:40 am

lol! 

"You have ties and no playoffs? Why do you even do this?"
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/30/2013, 10:09 am

ah I get it. So you are saying that while the rest of the world is advanced enough to follow the nuance and strategy of a soccer game, Americans are too dense to comprehend anything further than the simple concept on win/loss. Kind of like a light switch. Their brains can only grasp on and off. And of course we should change a game over 100 yrs old to suit the dumbest among us.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 8/30/2013, 10:57 am

Give US a break, we may know nothing about stupid soccer, but ...

https://youtu.be/fJuNgBkloFE

but... What?? afro 

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 8/30/2013, 11:42 am

I’m really hopping it’s “da” last time I’m involved in a discussion on a draw in Futball (soccer) … I’m also refusing to explain and/or defend FUTBALL to my friends, coworkers, and whoever else (who thinks that a low scoring game or a 0-0 is bad/boring result)…
All RIGHT… All Right… ALL right… here’s my 2¢- IT’s a Cultural thing (USA)… Unless you’ve grown up with Futball, understand ‘DA GAME”, or played/trained enough to know what it takes (physically and mentally) then your opinion means nothing, nil, null, nada, nichts, niente… – to me…
Davito said it a lot more politically correct…cheers 
There’s a reason why football (American) didn’t fly in Europe...
It will take TIME for masses in US to accept/understand FUTBALL.
Now, about the USA Today article – I’m hoping that the reporter was just trying to hit a nerve (they do that sometimes)… I watched the game – it’s too early in the season to evaluate Chelsea and ManU, or any other team (transfer market is still open, plus teams needs to be jelled together)… I’m not a fan of ether team (actually- truly dislike one of them), but both are top notch – with the game played at Old Trafford, I bet Blues nation is smiling a little bit more…
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbanul 8/31/2013, 5:58 pm

"How many countries are in this country?"

I will never forget Tallahasie November 26, 1994. FSU comes from behind to tie the Gators 31 - 31. I had to hear that damn tomahawk chop chant all the way down the ramp and out to the parking lot. It was a damn TIE!
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/3/2013, 7:53 am

I was watching a pointy ball game this weekend and was put off by the numerous breaks in play.

The coaches can take a combined 6 timeouts per half. The officials can call timeouts at their discretion and even the TV Networks can call a timeout to air their barrage of propaganda.

If that's not enough time for fans to understand what's going on (or take a nap), there are plenty of breaks between every play....Geez!

On the other channel, Soccer is a super fast-paced game with very few breaks in playing momentum. It's a constant stream of attack/counter attack where the opponent has to instantly react to the other's tactical strategies and individual efforts.

So, sometimes neither side wins. Such is life. Enjoy the match.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum