Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

No more Preacademy excuses please Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

No more Preacademy excuses please

+4
sonsofthunder
go99
AVillan12
Typhoon
8 posters

Go down

No more Preacademy excuses please Empty No more Preacademy excuses please

Post by Typhoon 9/6/2013, 1:12 am

Ever notice that every time a D1 team looses to a lesser team  that its always because that team got hit hard by the PA?  I understand that PA has taken players from those teams and that it does make a difference.  However, where do the replacement players come from?  The other D1 or D2 teams?  Or maybe even hand chosen players from the best D3 teams?   What if they had to rebuild the team with rec. players and or Arlington / Plano kids?   I believe thats what most D3 teams and lower have to do.  Its not to often a D1 team falls apart and the left over kids join a D3 team in June.  

I guess my point is that every team has to deal with attrition but the D1 teams by nature will receive the lions share of replacement tallant.  I just wish the posters on this forum would appreciate what a D3 or lower level team has to do to beat a D1 opponent instead of making excuses.

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

No more Preacademy excuses please Empty Re: No more Preacademy excuses please

Post by AVillan12 9/6/2013, 7:13 am

Well Said Typhoon!!!! I would think a D1 bench would hold more talent than a arlington, plano, or even D3 starting 11....

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/6/2013, 7:14 am

can we get an example or at least a few more details

Back to top Go down

Post by Typhoon 9/6/2013, 7:42 am

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
S0cc3rD@d wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Midland Chivas with first surprise today upsetting FC Dallas Youth East and win second game beating houstonians 2-0....
" we beat the classic D1 teams this weekend with some good fortune and a ton of hustle. our talent is raw but we did surprise 3 good teams. i suspect they were missing some talent or Classic D1 is not the league I assumed it was...."

"thank pre academy and academy for that! "

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AVillan12 9/6/2013, 7:46 am

Midland Chivas in Plano Labor Day one of the most recent. Beat some quality teams and first comment is Thank Pre Academy. Give these teams some credit!!!

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Typhoon 9/6/2013, 7:47 am

Sorry to burst your bubble, but between players moving up to fill vacated spots opened up by players going to PA and players leaving to pursue other interests with those positions being filled by PPL players, CL D3 is basically the new Plano D1.

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Typhoon 9/6/2013, 7:49 am

That was a copy paste. From ayses tourney

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/6/2013, 7:50 am

I was going to write something clever but I lost one of my comedy writers to the PA blog
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sonsofthunder 9/6/2013, 8:23 am

Typhoon wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but between players moving up to fill vacated spots opened up by players going to PA and players leaving to pursue other interests with those positions being filled by PPL players, CL D3 is basically the new Plano D1.
Hey, at least cite your sources so the author can be given credit.

sonsofthunder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Typhoon 9/6/2013, 8:31 am

sonsofthunder wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Kernow Storm FC Since 5-11-13.  In the last three months this team has a record of 11-0-2.  Both losses came in the final match of the tournaments.  They have scored 50 goals and only conceded 8.  This is also against some quality opponents.  It will be interesting to see if they can keep up this pace.  If they can there will be an upset in the balance of the CL D3 universe.  Very impressive.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but between players moving up to fill vacated spots opened up by players going to PA and players leaving to pursue other interests with those positions being filled by PPL players, CL D3 is basically the new Plano D1.
Sorry didn't mean to steal your "Thunder". Thunder

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sonsofthunder 9/6/2013, 8:54 am

Thank you, thank you very much. (Said with my best Elvis impersonation)

sonsofthunder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/6/2013, 9:29 am

My bb plays AMF for Midland United Chivas and his team played extremely well against D1 Gold bracket in Plano. It is nice to hear some WISE discussion on good D3 teams beating or competing with D1 Classic teams. Unfortunately we are relegated to Arlington because two teams merged from our area and we were not allowed to challenge for Classic D3. What would happen if teams could challenge for D1? I suspect a TRUE D1. Yes D3 will be exciting to watch this season....
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/6/2013, 9:39 am

Typhoon wrote:Ever notice that every time a D1 team looses to a lesser team  that its always because that team got hit hard by the PA?  I understand that PA has taken players from those teams and that it does make a difference.  However, where do the replacement players come from?  The other D1 or D2 teams?  Or maybe even hand chosen players from the best D3 teams?   What if they had to rebuild the team with rec. players and or Arlington / Plano kids?   I believe thats what most D3 teams and lower have to do.  Its not to often a D1 team falls apart and the left over kids join a D3 team in June.  

I guess my point is that every team has to deal with attrition but the D1 teams by nature will receive the lions share of replacement tallant.  I just wish the posters on this forum would appreciate what a D3 or lower level team has to do to beat a D1 opponent instead of making excuses.

VERY WELL STATED SIR! yes in fact when a D3 team loses a player to D2, injury ect., they reach into Recreational pool for their replacements lol:affraid: affraid 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 9/6/2013, 10:25 am

I think it's great that teams that stick together like Kernow begin to show that development pays off by playing at a high level. And if Midland can compete in the gold divisions of tournaments then both Midland, Kernow and any other lower ranked team should jump at the chance to play in the Dallas Cup entry tournaments like Dallas Texans Fall Festival and FCD's Bobby Rhine Tournament. They also should enter the state cup competition in early May for the chance to make regionals and nationals.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AVillan12 9/6/2013, 10:33 am

I agree!!!! Those tourneys will show if you got it or not...

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/6/2013, 11:18 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:My bb plays AMF for Midland United Chivas and his team played extremely well against D1 Gold bracket in Plano. It is nice to hear some WISE discussion on good D3 teams beating or competing with D1 Classic teams. Unfortunately we are relegated to Arlington because two teams merged from our area and we were not allowed to challenge for Classic D3. What would happen if teams could challenge for D1? I suspect a TRUE D1. Yes D3 will be exciting to watch this season....
Yea, I didn't quite understand that - they need to rethink it.

On the girls side, to qualify into the Lake Highlands Classic League (equivalent to boys Classic League), they do their Qualifying tournament at the end of July, beginning of August. See: http://www.girlsclassicleague.com/tournaments.php The girls team rosters are frozen on July 19 (AFTER signing day). That way, the teams that are trying to qualify into the Classic League are the actual teams that will PLAY in Classic League.

This year they had some weird things happen on the 00 boys that magnified the problems with having the qualifier prior to signing day (or were reported to have happened).
1) Teams that Qualified: Of the teams that qualified on the boys side. FC Premier got taken over by Azul - they very easily could have lost their spot if they hadn't met the numbers test (fortunately for them they kept their numbers), and apparently Manchester United lost several key players too - haven't seen any scores for them since the Ken Smith - so no idea if the reports are true, but if they are - then they aren't the same team that qualified.
2) Teams that didn't Qualify: Apparently there are several teams that were unable to compete in the Qualifying Tournament on the boys side due to the roster being set back in the beginning/middle of April. Midland Chivas would likely have made it, and I bet there are a couple other teams that would have made it too - if they would have had the Qualifying AFTER signing day - since their new rosters (the ones being played with this year) are different than their rosters last year.

Face it, teams can change drastically in July, drastically better and drastically worse. I think they should reconsider the timing of the Qualifying tournament, especially if it is going to be an "open" format to get in.

Its going to be a big tournament no matter when they have it. By combining it with the Ken Smith, they are only losing money. If they kept the Ken Smith Memorial Day tourney WITHOUT the qualifier attached to it, many of the teams looking to qualify would play in the Ken Smith anyway - its a big, well known, local tournament. Many of the teams that are thinking they might have a chance to qualify would want to play in it to get ready.

Then if they set up a separate Chamber Classic Qualifying Tournament in late-July/early-August, those same teams would enter that tournament too - and it would still be a very large tournament (20-30 teams per age bracket - like the numbers were at the qualifier this year) as its an "open" qualifying tournament.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AVillan12 9/6/2013, 11:29 am

Huh

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/6/2013, 11:37 am

Oh, and yea, it is kind of annoying that there is this PA/DA excuse when a lower team beats a Classic team. Yes, there are several good players that go to PA/DA - but many more don't. Where do you think those new superstars to PA/DA come from every year? And the players on PA/DA that they replace? Where do they go if they are still playing?

There are more of those star-type players that don't go to PA than do. I'd imagine there are many parents who either 1) haven't heard of it, or 2) aren't interested, since their kid is growing as a player where they already are, or 3) aren't interested due to the costs and travel expenses involved. Especially at the younger ages.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 9/7/2013, 4:29 pm

Typhoon wrote:Ever notice that every time a D1 team looses to a lesser team  that its always because that team got hit hard by the PA?  I understand that PA has taken players from those teams and that it does make a difference.  However, where do the replacement players come from?  The other D1 or D2 teams?  Or maybe even hand chosen players from the best D3 teams?   What if they had to rebuild the team with rec. players and or Arlington / Plano kids?   I believe thats what most D3 teams and lower have to do.  Its not to often a D1 team falls apart and the left over kids join a D3 team in June.  

bravo
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down