Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PPL and posting scores Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PPL and posting scores

+7
nteagles87
Dallas Roma FC 00B
2old2play
SoccerXXX
Soccerinsanity
soccerdadrandy
R1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PPL and posting scores Empty PPL and posting scores

Post by R1 9/16/2013, 12:34 am

Why can Arlington Premier, Chamber Classic, Lake Highlands, every random tournament, and even PYSA rec league (which really makes no sense) all are able to post their scores before Plano Premier posts scores?

It really makes no sense - the PYSA rec league is run out of the same office as Plano Premier, yet for some reason they can't get the PPL scores posted. What is the issue there?
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL and posting scores Empty Re: PPL and posting scores

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/16/2013, 12:36 am

PPL does not use GotSoccer
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/16/2013, 12:38 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:PPL does not use GotSoccer
Yea, but PYSA doesn't use GotSoccer either (same place as PPL) - yet they post their scores on their rec games timely at PPL (PYSA).  

Here's the link to the Rec League at PYSA:  http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/2013_Rec_fall/schedules/

Every single score posted for every game.  

What is the friggin issue with getting their competitive league scores posted?

Edit: I can't make any sense of it.

Rec League scores: http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/2013_Rec_fall/schedules/
(Every single score entered for each age group)

Competitive League scores: http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/2013_comp_fall/schedules/
(A hodge-podge of scores entered (many blank scores for multiple age-groups). Most ages have nothing reported for this weekend's games, but rec league above has every single score entered from this weekend, and the previous week. Really, what is the issue?).
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/16/2013, 10:52 am

PPL is just a shadow of it's former self lol. WAY overrated!!! Ooops! I guess thats a different topic Twisted Evil 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/16/2013, 10:55 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:PPL is just a shadow of it's former self lol. WAY overrated!!! Ooops! I guess thats a different topic Twisted Evil 
If not PPL then where? Its all the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/16/2013, 12:03 pm

"It's all the same" works for me. Just to many PPL lovers from 15 years ago for me. Maybe IT WAS the Bomb back then.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/16/2013, 12:47 pm

Not going to be the answer the OP wants: My understanding is that they use volunteers to do those sorts of things. Most likely two different people are posting, one posts faster than the other.

You know the solution....Very Happy 
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/16/2013, 12:53 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Not going to be the answer the OP wants:  My understanding is that they use volunteers to do those sorts of things.  Most likely two different people are posting, one posts faster than the other.

You know the solution....Very Happy 
That's a nice answer, but it doesn't hold up.

And Arlington Premier doesn't have volunteers? Classic League? Lake Highlands? PYSA (the SAME place, they don't have volunteers posting their scores?). Why does every other soccer league's "volunteers" - including PYSA - run by the same people - get their scores posted same day, yet the competitive league doesn't.

Let me head off the next response - too many teams - not enough people - guess what, they have the fees from all those teams too - so if they have that much in fees, they could hire someone to post scores for the competitive side - they seem to have the personnel to post their rec scores.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/16/2013, 1:03 pm

Arlington is using a "telephone in" system with password for security. I assume if both coaches numbers match, the score is posted. Yes Arkington scores have been posted as quickly as 15 minutes this season. This is new this season for Arlington.....
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 9/16/2013, 1:27 pm

I believe that CL has an online system that uses an IPhone app. Not bad. What does PYSA use for scores. I can't imagine anything different between rec to comp. This said it would again go back to the human element. Perhaps there is not as much rush to put scores in for some of the competitive divisions.
Regardless we can ask for scores to post here on the forum. Takes me back to SDL days!!! Very Happy
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2old2play 9/16/2013, 3:06 pm

Just checked the site and still no scores. Anyone have scores from this weekend?

2old2play
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC 00B 9/16/2013, 4:20 pm

LP00B Hansen vs. North Dallas 40 Blues Youth, 3 - 0

Would also like to say that ND40BY played a possession style. One of the few that I have seen. I look forward to watching them going forward.

Dallas Roma FC 00B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nteagles87 9/16/2013, 4:42 pm

FCD - Silver beat Striders 2-0

nteagles87
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2old2play 9/16/2013, 4:54 pm

NTX United Warriors 4 FC Tigers 1

2old2play
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nteagles87 9/16/2013, 5:26 pm

Heard Tsunami beat FC Force 3-0

nteagles87
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go1 9/16/2013, 8:24 pm

America Premier over HP Drifters 4-1 (I believe).

Clockwork over AYSES 5-1

go1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL and posting scores Empty PPL Posting Scores

Post by Beast_04 9/16/2013, 9:49 pm

It could depend on whether or not the teams have sent in their scores/game reports. I have seen some teams on the standings page that have played 3 games with no scores posted at all.
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 9/17/2013, 4:28 pm

Beast_04 wrote:It could depend on whether or not the teams have sent in their scores/game reports. I have seen some teams on the standings page that have played 3 games with no scores posted at all.
I could see that to an extent but could not believe that every team in all divisions didn't do what they needed to post the score. If so then some tough love for the teams might be in order.

SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/17/2013, 8:49 pm

SoccerXXX wrote:
Beast_04 wrote:It could depend on whether or not the teams have sent in their scores/game reports. I have seen some teams on the standings page that have played 3 games with no scores posted at all.
I could see that to an extent but could not believe that every team in all divisions didn't do what they needed to post the score.  If so then some tough love for the teams might be in order.

The 00 boys league director must be on vacation, on strike, or out of pocket for some reason. The 00 boys is the only age group that hasn't been reported yet - none of the games reported- so must be something going on with the 00 boys director. Hope everything is ok.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC 00B 9/18/2013, 11:08 am

00 boys are now updated.

Dallas Roma FC 00B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/18/2013, 12:34 pm

LP00B - Hansen wrote:00 boys are now updated.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

So far, what do you think of the PPL league play itself? Satisfied with how it is divided up? Not satisfied?

Personally, I like it so far. The games have been good with nice competition each week.

I heard they were going to move some teams up to D1 and D2 (and possibly down too), between fall and spring seasons. Which is different than what they have done in past years - if they do this. Which will also be good for the divisions, since teams that can't really compete in D1 or D2 will move down, and teams that need to move up to D2 or D1 will move up before the spring season starts.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC 00B 9/18/2013, 1:02 pm

R1 - I have mixed feelings on league play. I have found that the PYSA organization is fantastic and is very easy to work with. On the flip side the quality of referee's are definitely not at the same level (though we pay the same!) as it was in CL last year.

So far the team competition is fine but then again we are only 2 games in.

As far as the way that the divisions were formed it was ok. We didn't take care of business and so we didn't take our bracket. Regardless we would be in D2. This said I have no idea why they didn't take the bracket winners and put them in D1 to create a full bracket. I do like the fact that they will be promoting after the fall season for that reason. I heard 4 but who knows. No documentation from the league to date. I figure we won't worry about it till the end of the season.

Dallas Roma FC 00B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 9/18/2013, 1:30 pm

LP00B - Hansen wrote:R1 - I have mixed feelings on league play.  I have found that the PYSA organization is fantastic and is very easy to work with.  On the flip side the quality of referee's are definitely not at the same level (though we pay the same!) as it was in CL last year.

As far as the way that the divisions were formed it was ok.  We didn't take care of business and so we didn't take our bracket.  Regardless we would be in D2.  This said I have no idea why they didn't take the bracket winners and put them in D1 to create a full bracket.  I do like the fact that they will be promoting after the fall season for that reason.  I heard 4 but who knows.  No documentation from the league to date.  I figure we won't worry about it till the end of the season.
See the 6th and 7th bullet points in the U-12 to U-14 section of this document:

http://www.pysa.org/UserFiles/files/Competitive/PPL/PPL%20F13S14%20Playing%20Format_2013.pdf

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mavericks67 9/18/2013, 2:42 pm

I feel like the referees get influence way to much by the parents or players. This of course only after seeing two games, hopefully they get it together and called it right.
mavericks67
mavericks67
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC 00B 9/18/2013, 5:28 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:
LP00B - Hansen wrote:R1 - I have mixed feelings on league play.  I have found that the PYSA organization is fantastic and is very easy to work with.  On the flip side the quality of referee's are definitely not at the same level (though we pay the same!) as it was in CL last year.

As far as the way that the divisions were formed it was ok.  We didn't take care of business and so we didn't take our bracket.  Regardless we would be in D2.  This said I have no idea why they didn't take the bracket winners and put them in D1 to create a full bracket.  I do like the fact that they will be promoting after the fall season for that reason.  I heard 4 but who knows.  No documentation from the league to date.  I figure we won't worry about it till the end of the season.
See the 6th and 7th bullet points in the U-12 to U-14 section of this document:

http://www.pysa.org/UserFiles/files/Competitive/PPL/PPL%20F13S14%20Playing%20Format_2013.pdf
Se La Perdio - I am not sure that I would go by this as the document states that there will be 10 D1 Teams and 10 D2 teams (NOTE: Was published January 2013). Given that physically the make up of the 00 Boys is not 10/10 then I would be surprised if only 2 teams were promoted to D1 from D2. I think we just have to play and let the league determine what is best for them. Regardless our goal is development and that is what we are moving toward.

Dallas Roma FC 00B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next