Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Structured Club Practice can slow skills development Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Structured Club Practice can slow skills development

+5
Laimport
bigtex75081
go99
NotADRAMAfan
soccerdadrandy
9 posters

Go down

Structured Club Practice can slow skills development Empty Structured Club Practice can slow skills development

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/24/2013, 7:06 pm

If your child is not spending more time each week with a wall and his ball, than he/she is with a coach and a system; He/She is probably falling behind, compared to a poor youth player spending countless hours playing pick up games, street ball and wall ball. Just saying...... bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Structured Club Practice can slow skills development Empty Re: Structured Club Practice can slow skills development

Post by NotADRAMAfan 9/24/2013, 9:22 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:If your child is not spending more time each week with a wall and his ball, than he/she is with a coach and a system; He/She is probably falling behind, compared to a poor youth player spending countless hours playing pick up games, street ball and wall ball. Just saying...... bounce 
Yes and no is how I feel about what you said.  
Chicken and the egg....

1 v 1 skills is very important.
Structure is very important as in where to play and what your role is
Speed and movement on and off the ball is very important.

A good Structured club practice incorporates skill, tactics and conditioning and works with each kids on their deficiencies.

However,  I have not found that club in North Texas.

Maybe FCD or Dallas texans academy do all that but I am not privy to their practices.

I think  City Futsal does do all that is required to make a total Futsal player,  however that is Futsal and not soccer.  There is a little bit more to soccer.

That poor youth soccer player you mention ,  is bored and craving structure by the way and a system.

I know,   I talk to them all the time ( well the ones that talk to me lol)

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Structured Club Practice can slow skills development Empty Re: Structured Club Practice can slow skills development

Post by go99 9/25/2013, 12:12 am

the truth is in the subtext. "If your child is not spending MORE time each week with a wall and his ball, than he/she is with a coach and a system; He/She is probably falling behind,"

So the truth is not in the free play vs structured it is a question of if all the time your kid spends with the ball is at practice or skills then he/she won't be much of a player. Much of the improvement will come on their own time. I remember parents questioning why the coach didn't spend time shooting at practice and that he should spend more. Why? Your kid has a ball, go find a wall and kick at it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 9/25/2013, 8:22 am

I agree with Go.  If your kid is only doing 5-6 hours per week of soccer, and it's only because of structured club practices, then huge success in soccer is not likely to be in your son's future.

Here's a recipe for a fantastic youth soccer player...
1 - Go home right now and sell/pawn all the electronic devices you and your family owns.  (TV's, Video Games, DVDs & CDs & Blue Ray devices, iPads, Computers, etc.)
2 - Take all the money you just salvaged and purchase as many soccer balls as you can now afford.  (And buy an air pump and some needles to make sure the balls are all properly inflated.)
3 - Return home and scatter the newly purchased soccer balls around the house.
4 - Put away anything you don't want broken.
5 - When your kid(s) return home from school today make it clear that there are no longer any rules that restrict playing inside the house.  Just tell your kids to go nuts.

There you go...  If you follow those easy steps, you've just put your kid on the fast track to soccer super stardom.  Your son will be inundated with constant access to restriction-free soccer.

Last edited by bigtex75081 on 9/25/2013, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/25/2013, 9:00 am

And then we wonder why we cant produce any talent Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 9/25/2013, 10:20 am

It also depends on age. Up until the age of 15, it is more important that they spend time outside structured training. (Emphasis on technique.)

At 16+ I think quality structured training is more important. But I'm talking about 5-6 quality sessions per week.

Anything outside of structured team sessions should be spent on position specific elements. (example: outside mids/outside backs can work on running with the ball and crossing. Pure forwards work on finishing.)

Of course, even at older ages working on first touch/control is always beneficial.

Regardless of position, a player can never be TOO GOOD technically.

And it is also important to begin maximizing their athletic potential. Speed, agility, strength training.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/25/2013, 12:20 pm

great minds think a like. thanks for the intellectual imput, all!Very Happy 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/26/2013, 8:50 am

Intellectual imput. Irony and comedy all rolled up into one idea.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by fwfutsal 9/30/2013, 7:10 pm

If by 14 your kid can't juggle or dribble....your wasting your money but it's your money to waste....Just don't put hopes and dreams into a kid when you know damn well he/she has zero chance!

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/30/2013, 7:19 pm

fwfutsal wrote:If by 14 your kid can't juggle or dribble....your wasting your money but it's your money to waste....Just don't put hopes and dreams into a kid when you know damn well he/she has zero chance!
Everyone on this forum, their kids, their friends kids, and relatives don't have a chance. What's your point?

Back to top Go down

Post by fwfutsal 9/30/2013, 7:59 pm

Your probably right!

fwfutsal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BAFANA BAFANA 9/30/2013, 9:49 pm

rdeal486 wrote:
fwfutsal wrote:If by 14 your kid can't juggle or dribble....your wasting your money but it's your money to waste....Just don't put hopes and dreams into a kid when you know damn well he/she has zero chance!
Everyone on this forum, their kids, their friends kids, and relatives don't have a chance.  What's your point?

Good point you should all just quit...
BAFANA BAFANA
BAFANA BAFANA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/1/2013, 9:54 am

If you are talking about being able to juggle and dribble at all...you have a point.

For me though, it's more important to have exceptional control/first touch.

And the ability to pass the ball well...quickly...with the head up and largely using 1 and 2 touches.

Dribbling is important. The ability to beat a player 1v1 (given the timing and decision making is good) but the ability to control and pass the ball is by far MORE important.

You can't be successful as a player until you have exceptional control and passing ability.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala 11/9/2013, 1:03 pm

This will only happen if the coach in uninterested or unprepared. Sadly, I've seen more often than not politics plays a great deal in deciding what happens. Years ago my son could no longer play for me so I placed him on a team where week in and week out it was the same practice. 4 weeks and I pulled my son. Don't hang around to find out. These types will cripple your child chances of success. Whatever the cost...either don't pay or pay to get out but leaving is a must. Sad to say!
Futbol_Sala
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down