Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 2/28 results Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 2/28 results

+5
The German
mrclean
randee42
97keepermom
Tequilapark
9 posters

Go down

97 2/28 results Empty 97 2/28 results

Post by Tequilapark 2/28/2010, 2:57 pm

FCD 0 - Solar 0, FCD is now in 2nd place
FCDB 1 - TR 1
FCDG 3 - SR 0?
DTRS 2 - Andro 1

Anyone know the Tejanos - DTRW result?
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

97 2/28 results Empty Re: 97 2/28 results

Post by 97keepermom 2/28/2010, 3:25 pm

Tequilapark wrote:FCD 0 - Solar 0, FCD is now in 2nd place
FCDB 1 - TR 1
FCDG 3 - SR 0?
DTRS 2 - Andro 1

Anyone know the Tejanos - DTRW result?
No question on the FCDG & SR score. It was 3-0. Both teams played very hard.
I heard that the Tejanos-DTRW game was 1-1.
97keepermom
97keepermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 2/28/2010, 4:53 pm

FIGHT - FIGHT -FIGHT
FCDE 3 - Tigres 2

2 red cards on Tigres, 1 was for a boy punching the FC Dallas keeper in the chin in the 2nd half. Tigres played dirty all the game and the ref let it get a bit out of control. After the 2nd red and fight, I think every Field Marshall and Classic League official was at the game.

Tigre player that did get the last red card did tell one of our boys he was just going to switch numbers and play next week. Classy...
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 2/28/2010, 5:01 pm

Somebody should ask one of those players where he was on the day he was born.

If he just looks old for his age, my apologies. Still the question should be asked. If he says he was being born, then I'm okay with that.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 2/28/2010, 7:08 pm

Just got a message that their big guy is in the right age bracket. My apologies.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/1/2010, 10:29 am

Nice to see the Tejanos got one point finally, it has been a long year for them.

I still believe they will win a game in D1 before going back to D2 next season, they have 5 more opportunities.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/1/2010, 2:50 pm

mrclean wrote:Just got a message that their big guy is in the right age bracket. My apologies.

He might be in the right age bracket but he is pretty large, rivals my boy in size. Sad thing is, he is not going to see any action for 2 games since he and the other carded play got 2 games suspension from classic league.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/1/2010, 3:08 pm

randee42 wrote:
mrclean wrote:Just got a message that their big guy is in the right age bracket. My apologies.

He might be in the right age bracket but he is pretty large, rivals my boy in size. Sad thing is, he is not going to see any action for 2 games since he and the other carded play got 2 games suspension from classic league.
Boca / FCD Central / Tigres, they were one of the top teams before QT 3 years ago, played D1, now in D2, may go to D3 next season.

And for years their players have had problems with cards, I know its not the same players since many have moved on, but what is the problem? coaching? parents? kids?
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/1/2010, 3:57 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
randee42 wrote:

Boca / FCD Central / Tigres, they were one of the top teams before QT 3 years ago, played D1, now in D2, may go to D3 next season.

And for years their players have had problems with cards, I know its not the same players since many have moved on, but what is the problem? coaching? parents? kids?
If the kids changed I guess the parents changed too, the club changed a few times so the only constant is the coach and I heard even he changed this spring.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/1/2010, 4:22 pm

The German wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
randee42 wrote:

If the kids changed I guess the parents changed too, the club changed a few times so the only constant is the coach and I heard even he changed this spring.

Blame it on their heritage and them being Mexican... (Just kidding - I am Mexican). But honestly, if it is the whole team and coach and they are always that way, maybe it is being taught or learned from the culture of the club from the coaching down. I am not sure why they are that way but they are indeed 12/13 year old boys that need discipline at both and home. If they are not getting that type of discipline at home or on the field, then it may be the reason the problem exists. I do wish them the best, I do not like ever playing a team that is not 100% because it gives them an excuse on why they lost.

I still would want both boys that got kicked out on my team for skill alone. If someone could coach their attitude/behavior, both boys would be valuable to any team.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/1/2010, 5:07 pm

randee42 wrote:
The German wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
randee42 wrote:

Blame it on their heritage and them being Mexican... (Just kidding - I am Mexican). But honestly, if it is the whole team and coach and they are always that way, maybe it is being taught or learned from the culture of the club from the coaching down. I am not sure why they are that way but they are indeed 12/13 year old boys that need discipline at both and home. If they are not getting that type of discipline at home or on the field, then it may be the reason the problem exists. I do wish them the best, I do not like ever playing a team that is not 100% because it gives them an excuse on why they lost.

I still would want both boys that got kicked out on my team for skill alone. If someone could coach their attitude/behavior, both boys would be valuable to any team.

Something is definetly wrong.

There are hispanic players on almost all if not every team in classic, but the card problems seem to be consistent in this one team. So its not the heritage I agree.

This discussion has been in the forums several times over the past 3 or 4 years, unfortunate.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PEEWEE 3/1/2010, 6:43 pm

Tigres also played dirty on Saturday they received 2 yellow cards one was for pushing in the back after the player took a swing at a player and missed

PEEWEE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/1/2010, 7:06 pm

Invitation only league. There are other teams willing to accept the invite so show some stones C/L
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/2/2010, 9:23 am

PEEWEE wrote:Tigres also played dirty on Saturday they received 2 yellow cards one was for pushing in the back after the player took a swing at a player and missed

I wonder if the same kid that swung and missed is the same kid that clocked my kid. Was it a red card for trying to fight or just a yellow card since he missed?
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 3/2/2010, 12:14 pm

There are a handful of teams that play dirty and have always played dirty. Purposeful fouls whose sole intent is to take out a kid and hopefully sideline him for the game or longer.

I watched a certain U13 game this season where both teams started the game playing normal, typically aggressive D1 play. When it became evident that the referee was not going to call anything, one team cranked up the aggressive by about 10 notches. Elbows, tripping, shirt grabbing, back pushing, the whole cookie. Do you think the boys just decided to start doing that all on their own? I very much tend to doubt it. Especially when I saw this coach talking to the boys on the sideline and point out specific kids, whom I can only believe he was telling his players what kids needed to be taken out next. Indeed, one boy on the opposing team was fouled badly and was out for the rest of the game. He was one of the teams better players and it definitely affected the outcome of the game.

With little exception, kids don't play poorly of their own volition. They are taught/told to do it. At least in my rosy-glassed opinion.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSC_7 3/2/2010, 2:41 pm

Unfortunately, my BB experienced first hand the "take out a kid and hopefully sideline him for the the game or longer" mentality in an Arlington game this weekend. We were up 3-1 and my BB was fed a nice through ball that he ran onto. He had the last defenter beat by about a yard and was pulling away. As he got into the 18, the last defender knowing that he was beat, lunged feet first from directly behind and took took him out. The defender received a straight red but his tactic was successful since we missed the ensuing PK. We went on to win 6-1. Unfortunately, my BB received a fractured ankle as a result of this "nice" tactic. Hopefully, he can come back and play the final week of the season. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ALSC_7 on 3/2/2010, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALSC_7
ALSC_7
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 3/2/2010, 5:50 pm

"On the Surface"

I agree with you 100%. Sometimes the cheap play isn't taught but it gets praised in the end. We all (including myself) need to keep our cool in games. There is never a reason for a payback foul. First, the payback foul usually happens to a player that wasn't even involved in the cheap play. Secondly, it promotes a spirit that if unchecked may cause them to spend time behind bars when they are older. You just can't "whop" everyone that makes you angry.

I have tried to raise tough boys and sometimes that causes them to make poor choices in the heat of the game. The bottom line is that the kids, parents, and coaches need to respect the game. It's a players game and the players have to make sure it's about soccer or they need to quit if they can't lose without getting mad.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PEEWEE 3/2/2010, 6:09 pm

He only received a yellow card but should have been a red card but the ref to me was watching him closely after that. The boy he swung at first was tripped by him in a dirty slide tackle right before that, then took a swing at him and barely missed then shoved him in the back luckily a player on the team pulled the player being attacked away before he got to angry (good for him) but the ref let it go to far or maybe didn't see the dirty slide tackle before the punch???? Who knows giving the ref the benefit of the doubt but several things took place before all this did so it already seemed to be getting pretty heated by that point

PEEWEE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/2/2010, 6:45 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:There are a handful of teams that play dirty and have always played dirty. Purposeful fouls whose sole intent is to take out a kid and hopefully sideline him for the game or longer.

I watched a certain U13 game this season where both teams started the game playing normal, typically aggressive D1 play. When it became evident that the referee was not going to call anything, one team cranked up the aggressive by about 10 notches. Elbows, tripping, shirt grabbing, back pushing, the whole cookie. Do you think the boys just decided to start doing that all on their own? I very much tend to doubt it. Especially when I saw this coach talking to the boys on the sideline and point out specific kids, whom I can only believe he was telling his players what kids needed to be taken out next. Indeed, one boy on the opposing team was fouled badly and was out for the rest of the game. He was one of the teams better players and it definitely affected the outcome of the game.

With little exception, kids don't play poorly of their own volition. They are taught/told to do it. At least in my rosy-glassed opinion.
Think I know of the game you speak of . One team played soccer the other football .Would? said, team have HN attached. Asked the ref at the end if he enjoyed the game ,Only reinforceing the pathetic style of play . Typical NTX soccer. Refs alot of times just reinforce ugly play by swallowing their whistle. Think in that game fouls were about 3to1.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down