Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season

+3
PremierLeagueFan
Soccerinsanity
soccerdadrandy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season Empty WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 10:33 am

Any thoughts on why we shouldn't have Allstar teams in Soccer. Our own Little League World Series.......
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season Empty Re: WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/30/2013, 10:54 am

Because it would cost the parents too much extra money to buy their kid a spot on the team:lol: 
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season Empty Re: WHY NOT a Soccer Allstars Playoff Season

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/30/2013, 11:06 am

The top two teams in each club usually represent their All-Star pool so they could be mixed into a single squad (plus any one-offs that are coach selected) and participate in a Champions League with the previous years TOC winner. I think there should also be an equivalent tournament league like the Europa League where TOC, Top Rec and Rec Elite teams are added and playoff for a seed in the Champions League.

** Don't forget to include all of the leagues in the Europa League concept or you will miss the chance to review the rest of the talent pool. This combined league concept creates a legitimate method for obtaining bragging rights and selecting talent from all teams and clubs in DFW.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 11:09 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:The top two teams in each club usually represent their All-Star pool so they could be mixed into a single squad (plus any one-offs that are coach selected) and participate in a Champions League with the previous years TOC winner. I think there should also be an equivalent tournament league like the Europa League where TOC, Top Rec and Rec Elite teams are added and playoff for a seed in the Champions League.

** Don't forget to include all of the leagues in the Europa League concept or you will miss the chance to review the rest of the talent pool. This combined league concept creates a legitimate method for obtaining bragging rights and selecting talent from all teams and clubs in DFW.

we have 6 clubs in midland tx alone.... can you name "each club" you are eluding to please? how many indie clubs are included?
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/30/2013, 11:19 am

Another tournament?? How about more practice and less games? Ideal ratio of practice to game is 4:1. Keep that in mind.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 11:24 am

Real Barcelona wrote:Another tournament?? How about more practice and less games? Ideal ratio of practice to game is 4:1. Keep that in mind.

more practices and more touches is up to parents and kids. if your bb/gg doesn't know enough from practice drills to work on, on their own at home? they will not be playing college ball. why does it have to be ANOTHER tournament. do away with the fake tournaments where they sometimes have two Bronze divisions lol.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/30/2013, 2:07 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
we have 6 clubs in midland tx alone.... can you name "each club" you are eluding to please? how many indie clubs are included?
Sure...I think you include "all" of the leagues and teams within DFW and you narrow it down by playing off in each location to arrive at location specific teams from rec, rec elite, and club. That group of teams should playoff for the top spot which would qualify them to play for the Europa League (concept).

All Tournament of Champions (TOC) winners should automatically qualify for the Champions League. The Europa League should promote 1/2 of all the Champions League teams.

"Indie" should fall under the definition of club unless it is a Rec Elite and affiliated with a Rec League.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2013, 2:20 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Sure...I think you include "all" of the leagues and teams within DFW and you narrow it down by playing off in each location to arrive at location specific teams from rec, rec elite, and club. That group of teams should playoff for the top spot which would qualify them to play for the Europa League (concept).

All Tournament of Champions (TOC) winners should automatically qualify for the Champions League. The Europa League should promote 1/2 of all the Champions League teams.

"Indie" should fall under the definition of club unless it is a Rec Elite and affiliated with a Rec League.

I have had kids in rec , PPL, APl and all CL divisions. I have coached 20+ seasons of rec from U littles to U19. I see positives and negatives to all and have enjoyed all. But.....,you guys putting TOC teams against club allstar teams or top D1 teams are out of your minds unless your looking to watch pointless soccer massacres.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 3:32 pm

my2cents wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

I have had kids in rec , PPL, APl and all CL divisions. I have coached 20+ seasons of rec from U littles to U19. I see positives and negatives to all and have enjoyed all. But.....,you guys putting TOC teams against club all-star teams or top D1 teams are out of your minds unless your looking to watch pointless soccer massacres.
we could argue all year long about how important it is for these kids to have played together BUT my idea is to take the true ALLSTARS from a number of D1, D2 and or D3 teams (wherever you find the best) and place on ONE team. there would not be a rec division, however it is possible that there is a rec stud that could make it onto the all-star team.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/30/2013, 6:48 pm

I say we have all stars teams compete regionally, for example: texas, oklahoma, new mexico, louisiana ,then nationally. So you would have a team from west coast, east coast, southeast, southwest...etc compete for national cup.

Wouldn't that be cool?

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2013, 6:53 pm

Yeah and we could call it ODP.Razz 

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/30/2013, 6:57 pm

my2cents wrote:

I have had kids in rec , PPL, APl and all CL divisions. I have coached 20+ seasons of rec from U littles to U19. I see positives and negatives to all and have enjoyed all. But.....,you guys putting TOC teams against club allstar teams or top D1 teams are out of your minds unless your looking to watch pointless soccer massacres.
The idea was to play them in a qualifier and the winner represents the local area in the Europa League concept. That way if you have some one-off players that want to play at a higher level they could be picked up by the local winner after the dust settles on the qualifiers. There are lots of good teams that could be stronger if they could really see what's in their own backyard.

As for TOC winners I would hope that they could make a showing by getting automatic qualification into the Champions League, but it would only take a few seasons to see if that makes sense or if they should get automatic qualification to the Europa League concept instead.

However you mix it, I think it would break down some of the barriers that exist today and we could identify more talent in the DFW Football/Soccer community.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/30/2013, 7:05 pm

my2cents wrote:Yeah and we could call it ODP.Razz 
They take about everybody for ODP, and I have no idea what they do with all these ODP kids.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 8:00 pm

ODP is far from allstars lol we have 3 boys on our 00 club team that are better than many of the 00 pool boys
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 8:01 pm

ayza wrote:I say we have all stars teams compete regionally, for example: texas, oklahoma, new mexico, louisiana ,then nationally. So you would have a team from west coast, east coast, southeast, southwest...etc compete for national cup.

Wouldn't that be cool?
bounce cheers bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2013, 8:39 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
ODP is far from allstars lol we have 3 boys on our 00 club team that are better than many of the 00 pool boys
It did not used to be that way. Before academy in the 95 group they had players who went on to pro and national team status. Clubs considered it a good thing to have players on it. But no one was making big bucks off it. Along came Academy and pre-academy and it really hurt the program quality. It is not that way in all states and the regional teams are still extremely talented.
The concept was the same. Any player could try out . You had a State all-star team that competed against other states . The winner went on to inter-regional play and an all-star team is picked and also does inter-regional and international play.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 8:46 pm

my2cents wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
It did not used to be that way. Before academy in the 95 group they had players who went on to pro and national team status. Clubs considered it a good thing to have players on it. But no one was making big bucks off it. Along came Academy and pre-academy and it really hurt the program quality. It is not that way in all states and the regional teams are still extremely talented.
The concept was the same. Any player could try out . You had a State all-star team that competed against other states . The winner went on to inter-regional play and an all-star team is picked and also does inter-regional and international play.
all good points BUT it still was not a true ALLSTAR team. one would think EVERY parent and child new about odp and would want to play but thats not the case. granted, in dallas you can end up with a really good team. but for west tx, where i am, maybe allstars could be selected for each home association. for instance midland soccer assc out here. all club players, FCD and others are still registered through MSA. just as in baseball maybe we could have a coach from each club oversee the best from each club on one ALLSTAR team for one tournament
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2013, 9:18 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
all good points BUT it still was not a true ALLSTAR team. one would think EVERY parent and child new about odp and would want to play but thats not the case. granted, in dallas you can end up with a really good team. but for west tx, where i am, maybe allstars could be selected for each home association. for instance midland soccer assc out here. all club players, FCD and others are still registered through MSA. just as in baseball maybe we could have a coach from each club oversee the best from each club on one ALLSTAR team for one tournament
Sounds good . Unfortunately with the club contract rules and the unwillingness of clubs to cooperate or encourage any outside activity it would never take off.Sad 

Some of your players do ODP. My son played ODP state and regional with a player from the Midland area.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 10/30/2013, 9:26 pm

\"soccerdadrandy wrote:we could argue all year long about how important it is for these kids to have played together BUT my idea is to take the true ALLSTARS from a number of D1, D2 and or D3 teams (wherever you find the best) and place on ONE team. there would not be a rec division, however it is possible that there is a rec stud that could make it onto the all-star team.
Just a couple of questions...

Are you suggesting composing one team in each age group of the best Classic D1, D2, and D3 players with a minimum number from each division?  Would that Allstar team beat a regular Classic D1 league team in the same age group?

In most tournaments, competitive teams can bring up to 5 guest players.  How many Classic D1 teams sift through the D3 teams looking for guest players?  

Baseball and Soccer are very different.  You can't fit a square peg into a round hole.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 9:42 pm

coachdom wrote:
\"soccerdadrandy wrote:we could argue all year long about how important it is for these kids to have played together BUT my idea is to take the true ALLSTARS from a number of D1, D2 and or D3 teams (wherever you find the best) and place on ONE team. there would not be a rec division, however it is possible that there is a rec stud that could make it onto the all-star team.
Just a couple of questions...

Are you suggesting composing one team in each age group of the best Classic D1, D2, and D3 players with a minimum number from each division?  Would that Allstar team beat a regular Classic D1 league team in the same age group?

In most tournaments, competitive teams can bring up to 5 guest players.  How many Classic D1 teams sift through the D3 teams looking for guest players?  

Baseball and Soccer are very different.  You can't fit a square peg into a round hole.
I'm not suggesting a minimum number of any level (d1-d3). just the best! i am suggesting that there are many (undiscovered) D1 level players stuck on d3 classic and d1 arlington and ppl teams. i understand that this is not baseball BUT it would be nice IF you could truly select allstars. example... most good coaches would not want to loan 5 guest players to another club to go win a tournament. HOWEVER if those same coaches were involved in selecting allstars from each of their teams as well as a few other clubs, you could have a super team.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 9:45 pm

my2cents wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Sounds good . Unfortunately with the club contract rules and the unwillingness of clubs to cooperate or encourage any outside activity it would never take off.Sad 

Some of your players do ODP. My son played ODP state and regional with a player from the Midland area.
guessing your bb is "96"? mine is 00 and plays ODP state and selected to regionals this year
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 10/30/2013, 9:57 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:

I'm not suggesting a minimum number of any level (d1-d3). just the best! i am suggesting that there are many (undiscovered) D1 level players stuck on d3 classic and d1 arlington and ppl teams. i understand that this is not baseball BUT it would be nice IF you could truly select allstars. example... most good coaches would not want to loan 5 guest players to another club to go win a tournament. HOWEVER if those same coaches were involved in selecting allstars from each of their teams as well as a few other clubs, you could have a super team.

It would be fun to see an ODP team go up against a team of the best non-ODP players in an age group, because not all players try-out for ODP. What would be in it for ODP? If they win, they should. If they lose, they are embarrassed?

If you set up a separate national all-star tournament, how do you protect/serve the coaches?

- Who trains the non-ODP team?
- Who coaches the non-ODP team during the games?
- Coaches Paid? How much?
- How do you keep coaches from recruiting the players to their team the following Fall?
- When would you train and play? Around the league seasons, high school season, and major tournaments?
- How much do the players pay for uniforms, insurance, coach fees, field rental, game fees, referee fees?

Bottom line, it has 0% chance of happening. NTSSA and other USYSA state organizations would not allow it. But, my wife says that I am a "Glass Half Empty" kind of a guy.

coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 10:28 pm

coachdom wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

It would be fun to see an ODP team go up against a team of the best non-ODP players in an age group, because not all players try-out for ODP.  What would be in it for ODP?  If they win, they should.  If they lose, they are embarrassed?

If you set up a separate national all-star tournament, how do you protect/serve the coaches?

- Who trains the non-ODP team?  
- Who coaches the non-ODP team during the games?  
- Coaches Paid?  How much?
- How do you keep coaches from recruiting the players to their team the following Fall?
- When would you train and play?  Around the league seasons, high school season, and major tournaments?
- How much do the players pay for uniforms, insurance, coach fees, field rental, game fees, referee fees?

Bottom line, it has 0% chance of happening.  NTSSA and other USYSA state organizations would not allow it.  But, my wife says that I am a "Glass Half Empty" kind of a guy.

of course chances are near zero lol but you ask....

Who trains the non-ODP team? allstar coaches from clubs represented by players
- Who coaches the non-ODP team during the games? same
- Coaches Paid? How much? not paid
- How do you keep coaches from recruiting the players to their team the following Fall? it's unethical?
- When would you train and play? Around the league seasons, high school season, and major tournaments? very little training
- How much do the players pay for uniforms, insurance, coach fees, field rental, game fees, referee fees?sponsor pays all uniform fees etc. use existing paid for fields

you are turning this into odp vs and I'm just saying allstars vs allstars. for instance west tx could field an all-star team and take the trophy from dallas

Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 10/30/2013, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/30/2013, 11:13 pm

I'll play....

You have the coaches choosing the all-star teams. How are you going to prevent FCD coaches from trying to stack the teams with FCD kids? LIkewise, Texans pulling from all Texans teams?

Ethics? What a Face Same answer as keeping coaches from recruiting...

There's a bridge for sale in New York City...I can get it for you cheap!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/30/2013, 11:41 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I'll play....

You have the coaches choosing the all-star teams.  How are you going to prevent FCD coaches from trying to stack the teams with FCD kids?  LIkewise, Texans pulling from all Texans teams?

Ethics?  What a Face Same answer as keeping coaches from recruiting...

There's a bridge for sale in New York City...I can get it for you cheap!
my ethics? comment was sarcasm lol. maybe i am getting closer to my answer. in the metroplex its not such an issue. for west tx and other areas you end up with a bunch of so so teams. maybe i just try to put together an alliance for an all-star group of boys to go to some open tournament?
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next