Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Middle School Soccer Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Middle School Soccer

+37
ontherightside
3dogmary
gpoo
middlewing256
happyfeet
onetenguy
soccerrus2
soccerpapa
soccerdad1
Ibystander
homer999
arsenalfan
rip
oldcastle
halfbaked
Cisco Kid
John Terry
Freeatlast
Aswan
b0013
CH1
forbin
yellow-card
True10
Ed
soccermom97b
clueless
sillymom
abc123
kerdog
soccer taxi
randee42
Tequilapark
The German
Armadillo
Axxman
finish1
41 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Middle School Soccer Empty Middle School Soccer

Post by finish1 3/2/2010, 10:06 am

Does anyone have interest in middle school soccer? There are a few school districts in this region with teams. Are any Classic parents willing to push an for an expansion of the program?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Middle School Soccer Empty Re: Middle School Soccer

Post by Axxman 3/2/2010, 10:13 am

In Plano, schools in the area where I live do not have soccer until 11th - 12th grade. I think that's a huge mistake and soccer should be implemented into the middle schools. The peer pressure on the kids to play football, basketball, and baseball is huge. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think soccer should be one of the other options, especially given how big soccer is up to that point. Only the kids that are in clubs basically keep it going. Interestingly, I've seen some of the boys that gave up soccer in 6th thru 10th grade, now playing for the high school team.
I would love for soccer to be implemented in the middle schools around here and think it would a good thing for US soccer, long term.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/2/2010, 10:40 am

The Keller and Carroll school districts have combined 7th and 8th grade soccer. Keller Middle School even has 3 teams for soccer, A, B and C teams. The season starts in April and finished up at the end of May.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/2/2010, 10:50 am

Frisco and Prosper have soccer in middle school but not McKinney. A group of parents asked two years ago about introducing soccer in middle school in McKinney but there is no interest whatsoever we were told.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/2/2010, 10:55 am

The German wrote:Frisco and Prosper have soccer in middle school but not McKinney. A group of parents asked two years ago about introducing soccer in middle school in McKinney but there is no interest whatsoever we were told.

Yep, Frisco starts in the 7th grade. Practices begin later this month, I believe tryouts are next week.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/2/2010, 11:01 am

Rowlett and I believe Rockwall have soccer starting in the 7th grade too but not Wylie where we live. Wish we had it our we could at least train with the High School team. As I was told, out of luck for Middle school soccer and for training with the High School team.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 3/2/2010, 11:08 am

Plano ISD doesn't have any formal programs for middle school, but my son's school started a soccer club that has now progressed into a team. Tryouts were last month and they practice twice per week. A couple of the boys' Dads are select coaches and helping out with the training. What got this started was a teacher willing to be the sponsor. The teacher didn't know soccer but listened to what the kids wanted and the response has been great. Point being, if you take some initiative at your local school, you can get something going. It's a question of volunteers and time.
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kerdog 3/2/2010, 11:30 am

randee42 wrote:Rowlett and I believe Rockwall have soccer starting in the 7th grade too but not Wylie where we live. Wish we had it our we could at least train with the High School team. As I was told, out of luck for Middle school soccer and for training with the High School team.
I can confirm that Rockwall has a soccer program for 7th and 8th, however it is not officially part of "Athletics". We have six games with Lovejoy, and Wylie schools. Isn't Burnett, Cooper, and McMillan part of Wylie ISD? Is there another Wylie middle school that is not participating?
kerdog
kerdog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by abc123 3/2/2010, 11:50 am

In Plano, schools in the area where I live do not have soccer until 11th - 12th grade. - Axx

You are mistaken. (Unless my 9th grader has pulled off one of the greatest get out of PE scams in history.)

abc123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 3/2/2010, 11:53 am

soccer taxi wrote:Plano ISD doesn't have any formal programs for middle school, but my son's school started a soccer club that has now progressed into a team. Tryouts were last month and they practice twice per week. A couple of the boys' Dads are select coaches and helping out with the training. What got this started was a teacher willing to be the sponsor. The teacher didn't know soccer but listened to what the kids wanted and the response has been great. Point being, if you take some initiative at your local school, you can get something going. It's a question of volunteers and time.
Is soccer part of the UIL program though. I think the reason there isn't middle school soccer is it isn't part of the UIL program in middle school. That is a good question though why isn't middle school soccer offered at many of the middle schools. I know Plano, Richardson, Allen, Frisco doesn't offer it. Are there any middle school soccer teams in Dallas?
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/2/2010, 11:59 am

abc123 wrote:In Plano, schools in the area where I live do not have soccer until 11th - 12th grade. - Axx

You are mistaken. (Unless my 9th grader has pulled off one of the greatest get out of PE scams in history.)

Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken............Not sure what school your bb goes to, but my older one is at Jasper HS (9th and 10th grade). They are "allowed" to try out for the 11th/12th grade team, but there is no 9th/10th grade program per say. I know that some schools were trying to implement a soccer club, but it was not really part of the school system. So if I'm mistaken, can you please set me straight?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/2/2010, 12:06 pm

I just read taxi's reply, and I concur that in middle school there is no program what-so-ever. The soccer club deal I guess is for middle schools and doesn't carry over to high school.
BTW Taxi, I hope that's not your kid in the avatar, unless he's the goalie, in which case no team will ever score.....
Nerver mind, I'm all confused, it's Randy's avatar I was referring to.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/2/2010, 12:34 pm

Axxman wrote:I just read taxi's reply, and I concur that in middle school there is no program what-so-ever. The soccer club deal I guess is for middle schools and doesn't carry over to high school.
BTW Taxi, I hope that's not your kid in the avatar, unless he's the goalie, in which case no team will ever score.....

Plano has 7th/8th grade teams (combined) - it's a joke however. More of a club than a team and I think they played 3 games last year as teams folded or were disciplined (not allowed to play). When they play you'd think it's someone's birthday party with kids out kicking the ball around.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/2/2010, 12:45 pm

Regarding the UIL, doesn't that body just govern high school sports? Good to see there are some districts in the metroplex starting programs. My local district doesn't have middle school soccer and the rec league has attempted dialogue with the district. I plan to meet with both the rec association and the district and volunteer my time in whatever capacity to open the door. It comes down to the parents. We are the ones who hold all the cards and control soccer in this area because we are the ones with the money. And, when the program does get implemented and becomes successful, the legacy will be ours and the enjoyment will last generations.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/2/2010, 12:47 pm

clueless wrote:
Axxman wrote:I just read taxi's reply, and I concur that in middle school there is no program what-so-ever. The soccer club deal I guess is for middle schools and doesn't carry over to high school.
I heard you brought back the tunnel and snacks after the game. Middle School Soccer Icon_eek

Plano has 7th/8th grade teams (combined) - it's a joke however. More of a club than a team and I think they played 3 games last year as teams folded or were disciplined (not allowed to play). When they play you'd think it's someone's birthday party with kids out kicking the ball around.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 3/2/2010, 12:56 pm

Who's turn is it to bring the juicy boxes?
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/2/2010, 1:04 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
The German wrote:Frisco and Prosper have soccer in middle school but not McKinney. A group of parents asked two years ago about introducing soccer in middle school in McKinney but there is no interest whatsoever we were told.

Yep, Frisco starts in the 7th grade. Practices begin later this month, I believe tryouts are next week.

Frisco try-outs are this Thursday/Friday. There are enough middle schools in Frisco that we only play each other, not other school districts.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 3/2/2010, 1:07 pm

sillymom wrote:
soccer taxi wrote:Plano ISD doesn't have any formal programs for middle school, but my son's school started a soccer club that has now progressed into a team. Tryouts were last month and they practice twice per week. A couple of the boys' Dads are select coaches and helping out with the training. What got this started was a teacher willing to be the sponsor. The teacher didn't know soccer but listened to what the kids wanted and the response has been great. Point being, if you take some initiative at your local school, you can get something going. It's a question of volunteers and time.
Is soccer part of the UIL program though. I think the reason there isn't middle school soccer is it isn't part of the UIL program in middle school. That is a good question though why isn't middle school soccer offered at many of the middle schools. I know Plano, Richardson, Allen, Frisco doesn't offer it. Are there any middle school soccer teams in Dallas?

Middle School soccer is most definitely part of the UIL program. You can read all about UIL Middle School athletics here - http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/junior_high.html

(i) Soccer.

(1) Number of Games. No team or student shall compete in more than 10 games and two invitational or district tournaments. Two games may be substituted in place of a tournament. A scrimmage counts as one of the 10 games.
(2) Number of Games Per Week. One game or scrimmage may be played per calendar week. A tournament may be played in the same calendar week of a game.
(3) Number of Tournament Games Per Day. Contestants or teams shall play no more than two tournament games per calendar day.

(4) Season for Workouts and Games. Schools shall have 86 consecutive calendar days to practice outside the school day; 76 of the 86 consecutive calendar days may be used to complete scrimmages and
games. The season can be held anytime during the school year, provided it does not exceed the number of consecutive calendar days listed above.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/2/2010, 1:13 pm

Arlington has a "league" that is not UIL sponsored. I think all but one JH has a team.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/2/2010, 1:17 pm

Ed, thanks for the link. Printed manual for reading....
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/2/2010, 1:28 pm

kerdog wrote:
randee42 wrote:Rowlett and I believe Rockwall have soccer starting in the 7th grade too but not Wylie where we live. Wish we had it our we could at least train with the High School team. As I was told, out of luck for Middle school soccer and for training with the High School team.
I can confirm that Rockwall has a soccer program for 7th and 8th, however it is not officially part of "Athletics". We have six games with Lovejoy, and Wylie schools. Isn't Burnett, Cooper, and McMillan part of Wylie ISD? Is there another Wylie middle school that is not participating?

The soccer program for the Wylie schools only are for females. There is no such program for boys in JHS.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/2/2010, 1:32 pm

soccermom97b wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:

Frisco try-outs are this Thursday/Friday. There are enough middle schools in Frisco that we only play each other, not other school districts.

Thanks, my teenager told me next week, but I think he just wanted me to stop asking Middle School Soccer Icon_lol

He is at Stafford by the way.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellow-card 3/2/2010, 1:53 pm

Little Elm ISD has 7th and 8th grade soccer as well.
yellow-card
yellow-card
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/2/2010, 2:11 pm

I think the Carrollton Farmers branch isd has soccer starting 7th grade.

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 3/2/2010, 2:14 pm

clueless wrote:

I actually like the idea. My bb played on a team for a while with the bb's of the dad that started the project in Plano. He is a teacher at one of the less affluent middle schools, and the idea was to give some kids interested in soccer the opportunity to play because they were probably not going to be able to afford to play for a club. Plus, I like the idea as a supplement to the more structured training provided by the clubs and C/L. Maybe it could provide the opportunities for kids to try out some creativity and gain some confidence using skills. I hear about how other countries / cultures play soccer all the time including pick up games in the streets / parks. That does not seem to happen here much, so maybe this would be a way to get some of that unstructured play into the mix. I don't know where the project stands today, but I hope it sticks in some form or fashion.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next