Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring?

4 posters

Go down

Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring? Empty Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring?

Post by Guest 12/2/2013, 4:04 pm

The girls seem to do a pretty good job of getting most of the top teams (ranked according to their crazy FBR rankings) together in one league -- see, for example, the CFBAL U9 girls leagues (Platinum, Gold and Silver A and B). The younger boys' teams seem to be more spread out (SDL, Primetime, Plano, etc.), which can result in some lopsided league games.

So I'm curious if there is any interest in getting some of the more experienced / competitive teams together in the U8 9v9 CFBAL league.  I have heard good things about the league, and it appears to be less expensive than some of the other options.

Please respond if you're willing to consider this option. We're open to considering other ideas too (within a reasonable drive from out West), although we would rather play 9v9 (or perhaps 8v8).

To get the ball rolling, we're with Solar Red (Oglesby-Bates). We have primarily been playing U9 9v9 in tournaments, but we also had U9 and U8 teams (both comprised entirely of 06 boys) in primetime.

I copied this from the main post re the CFB Academy League:

Carrollton Farmers Branch Academy League (CFBAL), under the auspices of Carrollton-Farmers Branch Soccer Association (CFBSA), is extremely excited to announce the 4th season of academy league play for boys and girls U7, U8, U9 and U10. CFBAL provides a variety of playing formats for all age groups. Games will be played at Cox and Pepper Fields in Farmers Branch and in Carrollton at McInnish and R.E. Good Parks. Cox Fields are considered to the best and most beautiful soccer fields in all of North Texas! These great facilities are also easily accessible from any place in the metroplex. Along with great fields and great competition, CFBAL will also offer an extremely competitive registration rate.

Registration opens December 1st
Registration Deadline is January 14th

PLAYING FORMAT AND COST
Under 7 22 minutes $450.00 7v7 (60x40) 12
Under 8 25 minutes $545.00 8v8 (80x50) 14
Under 8 25 minutes $545.00 9v9 (80x50) 14
Under 9 25 minutes $555.00 9v9 (80x50) 14
Under 9 30 minutes $645.00 11v11 (120x70) 18
Under 10 30 minutes $645.00 11v11 (120x70) 18
New this season: Under 9/10 22 minutes $385.00 6v6 (60x40) 10

Coaches with multiple teams will receive a $25.00 discount on all teams registered within CFBAL. All but the 6v6 league will be scheduled 10 games (guarantee 8 pending weather), the 6v6 league will be scheduled 8 games.

Season will begin on February 15th, 6v6 league will begin on February 22nd Games offered to play on Saturday and Sundays. For more information visit http://www.cfbsoccer.net/2011/academy.htm

Back to top Go down

Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring? Empty Re: Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring?

Post by #27mom 12/2/2013, 6:57 pm

i will consider it but only 9v9

FCD Riojas

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring? Empty Re: Interest in getting the top U8 teams together this spring?

Post by Guest 12/2/2013, 7:10 pm

Thanks.  9v9 is our strong preference too.  

The only way to make something like this happen is to get a few teams to express interest to get the ball rolling.  

If we could get FCD Gomez and Riojas, Solar Chelsea McDaniel, LP Barnes (and a couple of other LP teams I can't remember the name of right now), along with a couple of the Texans teams, LFS, a Kicks team and maybe another independent or two, we would have quite a league.  

#27mom wrote:i will consider it but only 9v9

FCD Riojas

Last edited by blueisthecolor on 12/2/2013, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 12/2/2013, 7:16 pm

Yes it would be nice to see all these teams you mentioned in one league....Get your popcorn Ready!!!

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2013, 10:42 pm

If everything were to fall in place, I think it would be fun and present some good challenges and development opportunities.

#27mom please feel free to reach out to the other FCD teams or any other teams you think might fit the bill. I'm sure you know a few other good candidates from SDL or one of the other Dallas area leagues that we're just not all that familiar with.

I will try to gauge interest from the Solar teams and a team or two on our side of DFW.

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasKicksSC 12/2/2013, 10:51 pm

Kicks 06 will be playing CFBSA again this Spring.
DallasKicksSC
DallasKicksSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/3/2013, 7:06 am

Thanks Kicks. Did you play in U9 last season? Would you be interested in U8 9v9 if there are enough good teams to make it work?

Ideally, we would find a league with two separate U8 divisions, for example 8v8 and 9v9. If both 8v8 and 9v9 divisions make, we would consider putting a team in each division. I know the Kicks, at least on the girls side, sometimes take a similar approach by dual rostering kids on different teams in gold and silver. With our numbers (too many for one team), that's what seems to work best for our boys and their development.

That said, all of this is just in the idea phase. We may end up back where we played last season. But it would be great if something works out.

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasKicksSC 12/3/2013, 10:20 am

blueisthecolor wrote:Thanks Kicks.  Did you play in U9 last season?  Would you be interested in U8 9v9 if there are enough good teams to make it work?

Ideally, we would find a league with two separate U8 divisions, for example 8v8 and 9v9.  If both 8v8 and 9v9 divisions make, we would consider putting a team in each division.  I know the Kicks, at least on the girls side, sometimes take a similar approach by dual rostering kids on different teams in gold and silver.  With our numbers (too many for one team), that's what seems to work best for our boys and their development.  

That said, all of this is just in the idea phase.  We may end up back where we played last season.  But it would be great if something works out.  
We did play U9 last season and would be interested in playing 9v9 and 8v8. I hope other teams decide to join in.
DallasKicksSC
DallasKicksSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/3/2013, 1:10 pm

Our boys played U9 and U8 last season too, but it would be great to find a way for these teams to play 9v9 in a true U8 league.

So far, we have at least some level of interest from: SR, Riojas, Kicks, and another team that I don't want to name without their permission.

Back to top Go down

Post by gunners16 12/4/2013, 1:26 am

Solar Chelsea McDaniel will be signing up for 9v9 this spring.
gunners16
gunners16
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/4/2013, 9:07 am

So by my count we have interest in U8 9v9 expressed by:

FCD Riojas
Kicks
Solar Chelsea McDaniel
Solar Red
Mystery Team (manager said they may be interested, but need to discuss with coach / parents)

I'm sure most teams (like us - SR) can't fully commit until we see how the league may fall into place and what makes the most sense for our entire group of players.

But it's also hard to assess options without knowing which teams are interested in the possibility. So thanks to Riojas, Kicks and SC McDaniel for the response.

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 12/4/2013, 10:45 am

Looks like we can pick the day we are playing SDL U9 on Saturday if it stays the same we will have to play on Sunday's....

Mystery team???bounce 

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/9/2013, 10:07 pm

Five very good teams would be a great start.

Are there any other U8 teams interested in this 9v9?

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 1/20/2014, 9:11 am

Anyone playing?

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2014, 12:10 pm

We (Solar Red) wanted it to work out, but without knowing that there would be enough teams for us to place one team in a 9v9 u8 and another team in a 7v7 u8 division, we couldn't commit. It's mostly a function of our roster size -- not quite enough for two full 9v9 teams, and too many for one 9v9 team. We want all the boys to get maximum playing time.

So we're going back to PrimeTime and putting one team in U9 9v9 Silver and one Team in U8 Gold 7v7. Our boys did this last season and it worked pretty well, with both teams playing solid competition. Our boys have also played a number of U9 tournaments (including one pretty good game against your 05 Riojas team).

We hope to pick up a few 06 boys over the next season so we can field two teams in the Fall of 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by #27mom 1/20/2014, 12:26 pm

Sounds Good..

Good luck

#27mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DTFC 1/20/2014, 5:10 pm

DTFC 06
Will play 9v9
DTFC
DTFC
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasKicksSC 1/20/2014, 7:30 pm

Dallas Kicks are playing 9v9, if not enough 06 teams register we will play up again.
DallasKicksSC
DallasKicksSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down