Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 Barcelona Mom Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 Barcelona Mom

+11
go99
OnTheSurface
Tequilapark
hoff1032
finish1
clueless
Ibystander
omega striker
sillymom
homer999
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

97 Barcelona Mom Empty 97 Barcelona Mom

Post by homer999 3/8/2010, 10:51 am

Had a chance to watch part of a D3 game this weekend and saw some of the worst parent behavior I've ever seen. A (large) woman, Barcelona 97b mom, was yelling at everything - players, ref, coaches, even a few comments a the other parents. And, of course, she had no idea what the basic rules of soccer were. Is this typical for those of you that have played against this team? You would think that a woman that ugly would try not to attract any more attention.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

97 Barcelona Mom Empty Re: 97 Barcelona Mom

Post by sillymom 3/8/2010, 11:34 am

homer999 wrote:Had a chance to watch part of a D3 game this weekend and saw some of the worst parent behavior I've ever seen. A (large) woman, Barcelona 97b mom, was yelling at everything - players, ref, coaches, even a few comments a the other parents. And, of course, she had no idea what the basic rules of soccer were. Is this typical for those of you that have played against this team? You would think that a woman that ugly would try not to attract any more attention.
Yes I know who you are refering to and yes we have the same problem. I might be mistaken but she may be the coaches wife. If you are going to yell at anything at least the damn rules. OMG
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/8/2010, 1:36 pm

homer999 wrote:You would think that a woman that ugly would try not to attract any more attention.

thats funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/8/2010, 4:36 pm

sounds like the leagues needs to step in and give her a vacation! 97 Barcelona Mom Lol
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/8/2010, 5:57 pm

Alright guys, knock it off! 97 Barcelona Mom Affraid Beauty is skin deep. Feels like freakin high school again.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/8/2010, 7:04 pm

Geez guys, this is someone's mother and someone's wife (most likely). Could be yours...

Can't be mine, however, as my mother was a total babe and my wife hates soccer, but knows the LOTG by heart.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 3/9/2010, 7:22 am

Ibystander wrote:Alright guys, knock it off! 97 Barcelona Mom Affraid Beauty is skin deep. Feels like freakin high school again.
sorry bystander, this woman is at least a hundred pounds overweight, loud and annoying. By any measure her ugliness goes beyond the skin.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 3/9/2010, 8:36 am

clueless wrote:Geez guys, this is someone's mother and someone's wife (most likely). Could be yours...

Can't be mine, however, as my mother was a total babe and my wife hates soccer, but knows the LOTG by heart.
Clue I can't believe you stopped short of calling your wife the babe. She hates soccer that is interesting considering your love for the game.
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/9/2010, 9:08 am

sillymom wrote:
clueless wrote:Geez guys, this is someone's mother and someone's wife (most likely). Could be yours...

Clue I can't believe you stopped short of calling your wife the babe. She hates soccer that is interesting considering your love for the game.
Whew, luckily she doesn't know about these posts! My babe does like soccer, but only if her kids are playing (not uncommon). I've seen some seriously whacked parents this year (walking on fields, pulling their kids aside during games, screaming (not yelling) at their kids...) - probably a sign of the overall economy as well, external stresses.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/9/2010, 9:15 am

clueless wrote:
sillymom wrote:

Whew, luckily she doesn't know about these posts! My babe does like soccer, but only if her kids are playing (not uncommon). I've seen some seriously whacked parents this year (walking on fields, pulling their kids aside during games, screaming (not yelling) at their kids...) - probably a sign of the overall economy as well, external stresses.
Half the fun of soccer is watching your spouse and kids react to it. I love watching Dad get all excited and coach his kids on Fridays. I love the way they watch games and comment on plays together. I love the way they practically skip around the house on game days. This is something they'll remember long after they stop playing.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2010, 9:35 am

Ibystander wrote:
clueless wrote:
sillymom wrote:

Half the fun of soccer is watching your spouse and kids react to it. I love watching Dad get all excited and coach his kids on Fridays. I love the way they watch games and comment on plays together. I love the way they practically skip around the house on game days. This is something they'll remember long after they stop playing.

Yes, playing with our kids. That's why we're here. If we're lucky, they will be just as active in their children's lives. Then, we'll be excited grand parents. So much to live for and look forward to...so little time.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/9/2010, 5:09 pm

finish1 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
clueless wrote:
sillymom wrote:

Yes, playing with our kids. That's why we're here. If we're lucky, they will be just as active in their children's lives. Then, we'll be excited grand parents. So much to live for and look forward to...so little time.
Back to the screaming fan - after a tournament in Houston where we played some teams that sang songs about Mexico the entire game (with noise-makers). I got a huge kick out of the fact that our parents thought they were tacky and idiotic, but the kids asked why we didn't do that stuff.
FYI - I do like to see grandparents at games, often don't like to hear them, but I like their presence. I'm not of the ilk where every call is against my kid and team - so, it drives me nuts to hear those who see it that way every time. I know I get more excited about the kid's games than they do, without a doubt.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 3/9/2010, 11:22 pm

Did the spectators with the noisey-makers also have juicey boxes? 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_smile
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/10/2010, 12:50 am

clueless wrote:
finish1 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
clueless wrote:
sillymom wrote:

Back to the screaming fan - after a tournament in Houston where we played some teams that sang songs about Mexico the entire game (with noise-makers). I got a huge kick out of the fact that our parents thought they were tacky and idiotic, but the kids asked why we didn't do that stuff.
FYI - I do like to see grandparents at games, often don't like to hear them, but I like their presence. I'm not of the ilk where every call is against my kid and team - so, it drives me nuts to hear those who see it that way every time. I know I get more excited about the kid's games than they do, without a doubt.

Noise makers are not uncommon during youth matches in Mexico or in Latin American countries in general. My oldest begun playing when we were still in Mexico, he was 6 back then, and during school tournaments we had parents bring noise makers to matches. We moved to Texas 6 years ago and after being here all these years, I can see why some might find the practice annoying, because we are not used to them. If people are respectful with the cheers, it actually adds to game experience.
I rarely see noise makers in classic, but during Dallas Cup it is not uncommon to see the out of country folks use them.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 3/10/2010, 9:06 am

In theory, at least, you would never see noisemakers at a CL game. There is a specific rule forbidding them.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99999999999 3/10/2010, 9:14 am

There is a '99 dad that uses one
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/10/2010, 9:15 am

Lol my 6 yr old girl has used one at times
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 3/10/2010, 2:55 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:In theory, at least, you would never see noisemakers at a CL game. There is a specific rule forbidding them.

It's my understanding that rule has been taken out of the CL rules....too bad,if it has. Mad
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/10/2010, 4:09 pm

socmom3 wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:In theory, at least, you would never see noisemakers at a CL game. There is a specific rule forbidding them.

It's my understanding that rule has been taken out of the CL rules....too bad,if it has. 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_mad
I have big plans if that has been removed - can someone verify?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 3/10/2010, 4:54 pm

socmom3 wrote:

It's my understanding that rule has been taken out of the CL rules....too bad,if it has. 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_mad
I think you may be right. I didn't see any rule in the current document and I know there was one. 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_evil
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99999999999 3/10/2010, 7:18 pm

Oh goodness, the fields are gonna be rockin with noisemakers this weekend! 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_eek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/10/2010, 10:39 pm

99999999999 wrote:Oh goodness, the fields are gonna be rockin with noisemakers this weekend! 97 Barcelona Mom Icon_eek

The " BLUE MAN GROUP" in the corner should do.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/11/2010, 9:02 am

Anyone know where I can get a good price on a Van Halen tribute band? Or train whistle rental.
I priced the Blue Angel flyover (after each goal), but there were some FAA restrictions with Love Field that made that only possible if we played at PHP.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/11/2010, 9:33 am

clueless wrote:Anyone know where I can get a good price on a Van Halen tribute band? Or train whistle rental.
I priced the Blue Angel flyover (after each goal), but there were some FAA restrictions with Love Field that made that only possible if we played at PHP.
From here forward, I vote home teams are responsible for setting up lively half-time shows complete with pyrotechnics and the like.

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/11/2010, 10:11 am

clueless wrote:Anyone know where I can get a good price on a Van Halen tribute band? Or train whistle rental.

How about a Peter Frampton cover band and a crop duster?
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next