Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic League D1 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League D1

+9
omega striker
Soccerinsanity
soccerdadrandy
NotADRAMAfan
murito
PG-Boy
go99
Sprint
NTXPARENT
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Classic League D1 Empty Classic League D1

Post by NTXPARENT 1/15/2014, 9:23 am

Last night Sporting United 01 and FCD PA played an scrimmage and FCD won 7-2 now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup? I'm not talking if Sporting deserve it or not they are a really good group of kids.
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic League D1 Empty Re: Classic League D1

Post by Sprint 1/15/2014, 9:38 am

Was it the 01 FCD PA team or the mixed 01/00 PA group that FCD has put together in the past?  The 01 PA FCD team is stacked deep with talent but you add in the 00's they are even better.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/15/2014, 9:43 am

Sprint wrote:Was it the 01 FCD PA team or the mixed 01/00 PA group that FCD has put together in the past?  The 01 PA FCD team is stacked deep with talent but you add in the 00's they are even better.

Only 4 00's the rest 01's

NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/15/2014, 10:15 am

it's in bad taste to post the scores of your scrimmages. Continue to do it and you may find teams unwilling to scrimmage you. At any rate the 01 PA team has it's chances to get into the Dallas cup. There were qualifying tournaments to play in. If they are not going to DC either they were not interested or not good enough to win the tournaments. In my experience PA and Academy (particuarly at younger ages) aren't as good as they think they are and CL isn't as watered down as they would like to believe
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/15/2014, 10:28 am

I think Sporting will perform decent at the Dallas Cup. Particularly against domestic competition. They'll struggle when they play many of international teams.

Last night highlights what can be achieved when you take the most talented players on a large club, mix in new playmakers that join from other clubs and then train them five days a week. They train in superior facilities and have great coaches. Heck, after the game, the FCD boys went to the stadium locker room to debrief. How cool is that for 12 & 13 year old boys?

Sporting United players have heart and physical presence.  The fitness level of the FCD boys is impressive. It was evident the Sporting United players were getting tired when they started launching long 50/50 balls from the backline to the forwards, bypassing the midfield. At the beginning of the game Sporting held the ball better.

I noticed that Sporting didn't bunker and continued to press aggressively forward through-out the match. Like I mentioned, they played with heart. But this created a lot of scoring opportunities for FCD.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/15/2014, 10:44 am

go99 wrote:it's in bad taste to post the scores of your scrimmages.  Continue to do it and you may find teams unwilling to scrimmage you.  At any rate the 01 PA team has it's chances to get into the Dallas cup.  There were qualifying tournaments to play in.  If they are not going to DC either they were not interested or not good enough to win the tournaments.  In my experience PA and Academy (particuarly at younger ages) aren't as good as they think they are and CL isn't as watered down as they would like to believe

You are getting out of context, that's why I clarified that is not about the team(s) is more about how we should be represented at this tournament, I think we have a lot of talent may be if classic league have a selection of players and create a stronger team to compete at this tournament.
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/15/2014, 10:53 am

NTXPARENT wrote:
go99 wrote:it's in bad taste to post the scores of your scrimmages.  Continue to do it and you may find teams unwilling to scrimmage you.  At any rate the 01 PA team has it's chances to get into the Dallas cup.  There were qualifying tournaments to play in.  If they are not going to DC either they were not interested or not good enough to win the tournaments.  In my experience PA and Academy (particuarly at younger ages) aren't as good as they think they are and CL isn't as watered down as they would like to believe

You are getting out of context, that's why I clarified that is not about the team(s) is more about how we should be represented at this tournament, I think we have a lot of talent may be if classic league have a selection of players and create a stronger team to compete at this tournament.

Ok to put it in proper perspective. WE aren't represented in the Dallas Cup at all. We do not go and do not compete. There really is no WE. The teams from NTX that go earn their way in by whatever rules there are. Both CL and PA have ample opportunity to earn their way in to represent THEMSELVES not US. For even more perspective, if WE have to assemble the NTX super soccer friends to compete in a tournament, maybe WE aren't as good as WE think we are.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/15/2014, 11:07 am

go99 wrote:
NTXPARENT wrote:

Ok to put it in proper perspective.  WE aren't represented in the Dallas Cup at all.  We do not go and do not compete.  There really is no WE.  The teams from NTX that go earn their way in by whatever rules there are.  Both CL and PA have ample opportunity to earn their way in to represent THEMSELVES not US.  For even more perspective, if WE have to assemble the NTX super soccer friends to compete in a tournament, maybe WE aren't as good as WE think we are.  

With that said don't you think is time for a change a do something or you are the type that don't like changes.
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/15/2014, 11:15 am

I love change but the idea of NTX putting together a superteam so the can compete is silly. I like that they got rid of the free rides by taking away the texan byes. So win you league and you are in. Win one of the tournaments and you are in. It's a very simple, open process that allows teams to get themselves in based on their work on the field. Now I agree that NTX doesn't do well overall but thats because the soccer here just isn't very good. Surely this FCD team is going. Seems like I remeber the 00's and the 01's being top groups all the way back to the academy ages. Some of the last of the "FCD way" and Snell.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 11:18 am

"I think Sporting will perform decent at the Dallas Cup. Particularly against domestic competition. They'll struggle when they play many of international teams."

i think they will be exposed and crushed, we will see. but with so many 15 year olds, who knows they may do well....

Last edited by soccerisgood123 on 1/15/2014, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/15/2014, 11:21 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:"I think Sporting will perform decent at the Dallas Cup. Particularly against domestic competition. They'll struggle when they play many of international teams."

i think they will be exposed and crushed, we will see. but with so many 15 year olds, who know they may do well....

LMAO nice!
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/15/2014, 12:22 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"I think Sporting will perform decent at the Dallas Cup. Particularly against domestic competition. They'll struggle when they play many of international teams."

i think they will be exposed and crushed, we will see. but with so many 15 year olds, who knows they may do well....

IF they don't adjust their tactics, you're correct.

They are accustomed to being the big dog on campus in D1. So they attack aggressively using their huge physical advantage, leaving their defense SEVERELY exposed. They are not used to playing much better teams.

Their imposing physical advantage paid no dividends against FCD last night because they struggled to get and keep the ball. FCD played keep-away relentlessly. When Sporting was able to get possession they quickly gifted it right back to FCD, even when they had NO pressure applied. Particularly the Sporting defenders when they unnecessarily resorted to just booting the ball 40-50 yards upfield.

If Sporting realizes they'll be playing teams superior in skill, speed, and fitness and make necessary adjustments to their game plan, they can remain competitive. i.e. strive to keep the ball, stop the long balls, stop the 50/50 passes, and play a more defensive game with man-to-man or zonal coverage.

50/50 balls work for them in Classic because their tall and broad kids outmuscle the smaller opponents. At the Dallas Cup the other teams won't be outmuscled and will keep the ball for long stretches of time. They'll run themselves ragged like they did last night chasing the FCD PA boys. FCD spread the field and someone always seemed to be open. If Sporting United holds the ball longer they won't be running so much.

Last night was good for them. They'll use it as a learning situation and adjust.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 1:08 pm

were there any missing players from sporting united?

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/15/2014, 1:16 pm

The Boss wrote:were there any missing players from sporting united?

NO missing players
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito 1/15/2014, 3:08 pm

PG-Boy wrote:

... At the Dallas Cup the other teams won't be outmuscled and will keep the ball for long stretches of time. They'll run themselves ragged like they did last night chasing the FCD PA boys. FCD spread the field and someone always seemed to be open. If Sporting United holds the ball longer they won't be running so much.

Last night was good for them. They'll use it as a learning situation and adjust.

I agree !... at the Dallas Cup the other teams will only be outmoustached by Sporting United  What a Face

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 1/19/2014, 6:05 pm

NTXPARENT wrote:Last night Sporting United 01 and FCD PA played an scrimmage and FCD won 7-2 now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup? I'm not talking if Sporting deserve it or not they are a really good group of kids.

Are you comparing Apples to Apples.

FCD PA is a group of ALL STAR KIDS.....not fair to ask if Sporting UTD will do well in Dallas Cup  because the FCD PA All Star Kids beat them 7 - 2.

Sporting UTD is not a group of ALL STAR KIDS.

Now you want to compare Apples to Apples,Classic league D1 ALL STARS
against FCD PA ALL STARS.

FCD gets crushed,  cannot handle the pressure and will cry like BABIES
cause they are not used to being met with players with equal skill all over the field.

When I say crushed I mean they will lose by a 2 goal margin.

As far as Dallas Cup ,  I do not give a flip, just another  cup,
like another tournament,  like dallas texan fall festival (rescheduled forever), all for drumming up business and $$$.

If the kids qualify ,let them have fun.  Let FCD PA go play and win it,
I am sure Sporting United kids will enjoy it.

PA is all about development.... right...

Hypocrites.

Rant over.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 1/20/2014, 11:53 am

Comparison of the make-up of the rosters is not apples to apples. It's apples to oranges. If I understand the original question, it is an apples to oranges question. From this perspective, it's a fair question.

The reason I think the scrimmage was beneficial to SU, regardless of the score;
(The actual score is not important.)
- SU had an opportunity to play a high quality opponent. Such a game is much instructive to players than beating up on a D2 or D3 team. Even many D1 teams are cannon fodder for SU.
- They can now make tactical adjustments for playing against the type of ball-possession teams they'll be playing at the Dallas Cup. It's better to learn in a scrimmage than in a Dallas Cup group match.

The difference between SU and FCD PA in terms of speed; zero
Size-wise; SU had the advantage

It's the little things that make a huge difference; lack of close-in marking, allowing the opponent ample space and time, allowing the opponent to spread the field, etc. FCD used every inch of turf whereas SU packed the narrow middle of the field. These are all fixable by SU.

SU was hyper aggressive in pressuring the FCD players. But they were reacting rather than being in proactive positions. This allowed FCD to utilize their quickness to turn away from pressure and pass to an open teammate. Time and time again, FCD players would calmly pirouette away from an aggressive SU player. Like matadors and bulls.

Conversely, when FCD pressured, the SU players would often rush a pass to marked teammate creating a lot of turn-overs. Or simply, booting it up field. The longer the SU players can retain possession, the less damage the other team can do. Turning it over continuously and unnecessarily just allowed FCD to start the keep-away game again. Teams get exhausted playing chase.

In summary; it was a good instructive experience for SU. They can use the experience to adjust tactically to future similar opponents. SU has talented footballers, they are a good team.

RE: D1 All-Stars vs FCD PA

The core of the FCD PA team has it's origins 5-6 years ago. A D1 All-Star team would only have a practice or two to familiarize themselves with each other.  Bazan and Snell assembled a major portion of the FCD PA team years ago when they were little 7 & 8 year old boys (as part of Andromeda and FCD Premier). They've played hundreds of games together and have been practicing five days a week. A D1 All-Star team would struggle to replicate the level of of SU.

RE: The Dallas Cup; I've been watching the cup since I was in high school in the early 80s. It's a special cup and any team qualifying should be proud of the accomplishment. SU will have a great time regardless of the outcome. They'll parade into the Cotton Bowl on opening day via "The Tunnel" with teams from all over the globe. Banners flying and music playing. The competition will be, par excellence, the best a team could ever dream of playing locally. It's a big deal.

As of now, it's SU going to the Dallas Cup, not FCD PA. When FCD lost to Tigres (Monterrey, Mexico) in the Bobby Rhine final, they were eliminated from Dallas Cup contention.

I'll be cheering for SU and any other local team that qualifies for the Dallas Cup.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/20/2014, 1:07 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Comparison of the make-up of the rosters is not apples to apples. It's apples to oranges. If I understand the original question, it is an apples to oranges question. From this perspective, it's a fair question.

- SU had an opportunity to play a high quality opponent. Such a game is much instructive to players than beating up on a D2 or D3 team. Even many D1 teams are cannon fodder for SU.
- They can now make tactical adjustments for playing against the type of ball-possession teams they'll be playing at the Dallas Cup. It's better to learn in a scrimmage than in a Dallas Cup group match.

It's the little things that make a huge difference; lack of close-in marking, allowing the opponent ample space and time, allowing the opponent to spread the field, etc. FCD used every inch of turf whereas SU packed the narrow middle of the field. These are all fixable by SU.

SU was hyper aggressive in pressuring the FCD players. But they were reacting rather than being in proactive positions. This allowed FCD to utilize their quickness to turn away from pressure and pass to an open teammate. Time and time again, FCD players would calmly pirouette away from an aggressive SU player. Like matadors and bulls.

Conversely, when FCD pressured, the SU players would often rush a pass to marked teammate creating a lot of turn-overs. Or simply, booting it up field. The longer the SU players can retain possession, the less damage the other team can do. Turning it over continuously and unnecessarily just allowed FCD to start the keep-away game again. Teams get exhausted playing chase.

In summary; it was a good instructive experience for SU. They can use the experience to adjust tactically to future similar opponents. SU has talented footballers, they are a good team.

The core of the FCD PA team has it's origins 5-6 years ago. A D1 All-Star team would only have a practice or two to familiarize themselves with each other.  Bazan and Snell assembled a major portion of the FCD PA team years ago when they were little 7 & 8 year old boys (as part of Andromeda and FCD Premier). They've played hundreds of games together and have been practicing five days a week. A D1 All-Star team would struggle to replicate the level of of SU.

RE: The Dallas Cup; I've been watching the cup since I was in high school in the early 80s. It's a special cup and any team qualifying should be proud of the accomplishment. SU will have a great time regardless of the outcome. They'll parade into the Cotton Bowl on opening day via "The Tunnel" with teams from all over the globe. Banners flying and music playing. The competition will be, par excellence, the best a team could ever dream of playing locally. It's a big deal.

As of now, it's SU going to the Dallas Cup, not FCD PA. When FCD lost to Tigres (Monterrey, Mexico) in the Bobby Rhine final, they were eliminated from Dallas Cup contention.

I'll be cheering for SU and any other local team that qualifies for the Dallas Cup.

Here is the original question again: now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup?

Please stop making comparisons and read more carefully.
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/20/2014, 2:12 pm

NTXPARENT wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:Comparison of the make-up of the rosters is not apples to apples. It's apples to oranges. If I understand the original question, it is an apples to oranges question. From this perspective, it's a fair question.

Here is the original question again: now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup?

yet here is your original post "Last night Sporting United 01 and FCD PA played an scrimmage and FCD won 7-2 now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup? I'm not talking if Sporting deserve it or not they are a really good group of kids." IF YOU ONLY WANT TO ASK THE QUESTION....START OVER!!!!! IN A NEW THREAD
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/20/2014, 2:35 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
NTXPARENT wrote:

yet here is your original post "Last night Sporting United 01 and FCD PA played an scrimmage and FCD won 7-2 now I would like to heard what people thinks about the current classic league level? Does NTX Soccer will be well represented with the classic team at the Dallas Cup? I'm not talking if Sporting deserve it or not they are a really good group of kids." IF YOU ONLY WANT TO ASK THE QUESTION....START OVER!!!!! IN A NEW THREAD

I know I was clarifying that the original posting was not intended to compare teams people just took the posting and twisted to compare and make all kind of comments. for example I was expecting something like this:

The Classic D1 level currently doesn't represent the NTX level I will propose to the classic league a different way to represent the NTX soccer, how .....bla,bla,bla
That's was the intention of my original posting. I know I'm dreaming but like I said before changes are good and this is my opinion if anyone else has opinion please make the comment and not only criticize like some people do, give some ideas and may be together we can make a change.
NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/20/2014, 2:42 pm

I think the change that should be made is many of the kids in academy and PA should not be there. Send them back to CL and their teams
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/20/2014, 2:47 pm

NTXPARENT....since we are dreaming YES it would be nice IF NTX would put together some all-star teams to compete against foreign countries WHICH I SUSPECT ARE MADE UP ALLSTARS THEMSELVES. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE OUR BEST AGAINST THEIR BEST. but politics will not allow for this. there will always be a better player available than some that are rostered on NTX teams. that kid may be poor or just stuck on a bad team somewhere with no recognition but he/she exist. THE CURRENT LEVEL OF CLASSIC D1 REPRESENTS THE BEST OF NTX MINUS, DA,PA THE POOR, THE OUTLIERS, AND THE BEST PLAYER OR TWO ON EVERY TEAM IN PLANO, ARLINGTON, ETC.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXPARENT 1/20/2014, 2:56 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:NTXPARENT....since we are dreaming YES it would be nice IF NTX would put together some all-star teams to compete against foreign countries WHICH I SUSPECT ARE MADE UP ALLSTARS THEMSELVES. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE OUR BEST AGAINST THEIR BEST. but politics will not allow for this. there will always be a better player available than some that are rostered on NTX teams. that kid may be poor or just stuck on a bad team somewhere with no recognition but he/she exist. THE CURRENT LEVEL OF CLASSIC D1 REPRESENTS THE BEST OF NTX MINUS, DA,PA THE POOR, THE OUTLIERS, AND THE BEST PLAYER OR TWO ON EVERY TEAM IN PLANO, ARLINGTON, ETC.

You are correct about politics! I'm just tired that teams from other states and countries come to the Dallas Cup and we can't compete against them.

But some times dreams become real!

NTXPARENT
NTXPARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2014, 3:32 pm

not hating on SU, it could be any team. but SU has benefited from the hollowing out of d1 and keeping most of their players, they barely avoided relegation with this group of kids and now benefit from a watered down d1. hence when they played the fcd pa they were killed....

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 1/24/2014, 9:29 am

good points all around.

Gave me food for thought in tactics when playing teams like FCD PA (style not the actual team).

I still would like to see the D1 All stars against the best DFW area best Academy team.   I do not think that the academy team/ PA team will win.

Yes I would like to see all the Academy kids / PA kids back in classic.

Yes I think SU will represent NTX area well,  they won the right to be there and are a bunch of great kids.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next