Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03?

+20
PitchBound
allen04
finish1
Primokeeper
scottallison1
omega striker
earbucket
Ilik2wach
Number13
davito
34blast
forward thinker
4theGame4
striker6
British steel
Ibystander
go99
josweir55
soccerdadrandy
foghornleghorn
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03? Empty Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03?

Post by foghornleghorn 1/19/2014, 6:11 pm

So they won the Texas Winter Classic, and pretty much handed every 02B team their lunch (a few notable exceptions including Fagen's team). What is it about them? Is it that annoying bongo player on the side line? Our boys have scored against them, and the best guess I have is they move the ball very well and have a few very aggressive players. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03? Empty Re: Whats up w/ Solar Castro 03?

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/19/2014, 9:04 pm

foghornleghorn wrote:So they won the Texas Winter Classic, and pretty much handed every 02B team their lunch (a few notable exceptions including Fagen's team).  What is it about them?  Is it that annoying bongo player on the side line?  Our boys have scored against them, and the best guess I have is they move the ball very well and have a few very aggressive players.  Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

never seen them play but if it is like most every other u11 team: they have better athletes at key positions  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by josweir55 1/19/2014, 9:09 pm

Do you know if they have any brothers that could play u2/u3? There is persoon with a great ID to start a U2/3 super group and they are looking for leads.

josweir55
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/19/2014, 9:34 pm

Talent, coaching and hard work.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 1/19/2014, 9:44 pm

go99 wrote:Talent, coaching and hard work.
Bongo player and chocolate chip cookies, final answer.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 1/19/2014, 10:28 pm

[quote="foghornleghorn"]So they won the Texas Winter Classic, and pretty much handed every 02B team their lunch (a few notable exceptions including Fagen's team).  What is it about them?  Is it that annoying bongo player on the side line?  Our boys have scored against them, and the best guess I have is they move the ball very well and have a few very aggressive players.  Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.[/

Last edited by worldcup2014 on 1/20/2014, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 1/19/2014, 10:38 pm

Congratulations Solar Gold. Nice win. Castro won the U12

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/19/2014, 10:50 pm

Ibystander wrote:
go99 wrote:Talent, coaching and hard work.
Bongo player and chocolate chip cookies, final answer.

Maybe you could bring the bongo player and chocolate chip cookies to the academy teams game. They could use the help
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 1/19/2014, 10:53 pm

striker6 wrote:Congratulations Solar Gold. Nice win. Castro won the U12

Got it. Thanks
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 1/19/2014, 11:01 pm

"Maybe you could bring the bongo player and chocolate chip cookies to the academy teams game. They could use the help"

You'd be better off to loose the British Dinosaur of a coach. The 03 boys will be fine unless the club changes the current regime.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theGame4 1/19/2014, 11:34 pm

Every Classic Team handed the Plano Teams their lunch. Classic Teams scored 58 goals vs Plano Teams. The Plano Teams only score 2 goals against Classic Teams. Solar 03 Castro is a very special team. Against U12 Classic D1 Teams they are "five-hundred" with 2 wins and 2 losses. They are probably the best U11 team in the country. Beyond that they are an average team at U12. Just like DTS was last year. Everyone got really excited about how awesome they were. They were also an average team when they played up a year. And this year, all the U12 teams are much more competitive, DTS no longer stands out. Next year when the 03 age groups moves from 20 D1 teams to 10 D1 teams everything will change. Players will change teams and even if Solar 03 Castro returns all their kids, the other teams wont. The strongest kids will move to the top 10 D1 teams. Making eveything more competetive and less predictible. Look at U12 Class this year, only 1 team won 6 games, only 2 teams won 5 games. Very competitive, even the teams at the bottom of D1 all had competitive games.

Dont worry U11 parents, it will all change at U12 next year, and then it will all change at U13 Pre-Academy and then NPL....in fact it never stops...until your kid graduates school, unless you have youger kids as well....then you are stuck in this cycle for years...at least I love it.

4theGame4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn 1/20/2014, 9:11 am

worldcup2014 wrote:
foghornleghorn wrote:So they won the Texas Winter Classic, and pretty much handed every 02B team their lunch (a few notable exceptions including Fagen's team).  What is it about them?  Is it that annoying bongo player on the side line?  Our boys have scored against them, and the best guess I have is they move the ball very well and have a few very aggressive players.  Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Clarify

Solar Castro did not play the Texas Winter Classic. Solar Chelsea Gold (Joy) won.  drunken

Clarify. Castro's 03 team played up in the U12 group and won. Solar Joy played U11 and won.
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 1/20/2014, 9:59 am

4theGame4 wrote: DTS no longer stands out.
DTS would probably still dominate if they didn't lose a few key players. Their best player decided to play only futsal. A few others got enticed by DT, as usual. I agree, though, that the U12 shuffle always creates interesting teams. Castro's players are quite content where they are, so I do not foresee anyone leaving, just others coming to strengthen the team.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2014, 12:05 pm

It is going to be tough to make that team though. The player try out is no big deal but the audition for the parents is cut throat. I heard they kicked out the bongo player they used to have who just wasn't good enough... 

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 1/20/2014, 12:27 pm

Spectacular team. Awesome passing. Get into trouble, back it out, pass around to the weak side. Really great ball movement. Fun to watch. The coach is tough. He is very hard on the boys but they seem to be loyal to him. I think if they were to start losing there might be a revolt by the parents though. Yes, the bongo drum is incredibly annoying. But I think they just enjoy watching their kids play. Truly special team. Coach is not for me, but many like him obviously. He teaches good skills and very strict discipline.
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 1/20/2014, 1:47 pm

I've seen them practice and play. Forget the idea about only having superior athletes. Watch one practice and you will be amazed at some of the skills some of the boys have. I have heard the coach was a bit over-the-top, but has toned it down alot. I don't know anything about that but he was well behaved when I saw him at several practices and a couple of games.

I saw them in one game, that I was a "volunteer" at Richland that day. The ball movement and skill for the age is something to behold, but practices are much more impressive.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/20/2014, 1:53 pm

34blast wrote:I've seen them practice and play.  Forget the idea about only having superior athletes.  Watch one practice and you will be amazed at some of the skills some of the boys have.    I have heard the coach was a bit over-the-top, but has toned it down alot.  I don't know anything about that but he was well behaved when I saw him at several practices and a couple of games.

I saw them in one game,  that I was a "volunteer" at Richland that day.  The ball movement and skill for the age is something to behold,  but practices are much more impressive.

i'm not insinuating that the boys don't work their butts off or that they have a good coach BUT i have a few boys (defenders) i could send them and they would lose every game trying to "play from the back" lol. it's still the same ole "which came first? chicken or the egg?". you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop, CHEF!
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/20/2014, 3:11 pm

Something I have observed with this team and the DTS02 team is that they are/were both super aggressive to the ball. Yes they have excellent skills but they also are extremely quick to close down the space and put the opponent with the ball under pressure. I have not seen other teams do this so aggressively at this age. I think it is this coupled with the skills that makes them stand out beyond their peers.

*I mean aggressively in a good way....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2014, 3:46 pm

davito wrote:Something I have observed with this team and the DTS02 team is that they are/were both super aggressive to the ball. Yes they have excellent skills but they also are extremely quick to close down the space and put the opponent with the ball under pressure. I have not seen other teams do this so aggressively at this age. I think it is this coupled with the skills that makes them stand out beyond their peers.

*I mean aggressively in a good way....

Really ? It seems to me that what almost every team has in classic league is aggressiveness (also, mostly, meant in a good way). It doesn't strike me as something they have above the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/20/2014, 4:15 pm

Agree that Classic teams are all quick to close down an opponent but these teams have stood out as quicker and more determined than the rest in my opinion.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 1/20/2014, 6:31 pm

34blast wrote:I've seen them practice and play.  Forget the idea about only having superior athletes.  Watch one practice and you will be amazed at some of the skills some of the boys have.    I have heard the coach was a bit over-the-top, but has toned it down alot.  I don't know anything about that but he was well behaved when I saw him at several practices and a couple of games.

I saw them in one game,  that I was a "volunteer" at Richland that day.  The ball movement and skill for the age is something to behold,  but practices are much more impressive.

Will freely admit that I don't go to their practices just to watch as neutral observer so will not pretend to have your level of insight.  

They have a higher concentration of pretty good kids than most/all '03 teams.  So they have a pretty good team.  Good for them, got to keep the '02 team on their toes.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilik2wach 1/21/2014, 9:17 am

The Solar 03B team is a very good team at this age. For this age, they move the ball well, hold their shape well, are aggressive, and have solid skill across the board. They would compete well at the 02B level against the best teams in that age group, but they would not dominate as they do at the 03B level. They lost to the Liverpool team in bracket play and the Ayses team was without 4 - 5 starters, so weren't at their best.

For those of us that have been around awhile and have seen their kids graduate and go on to play at higher levels, note that it's a LONG road and teams/kids that are thought to be "great" at such a young age might not be so "great" as they mature.

My opinion is that it's good for your BB to play and compete at the highest level they are able and in the best environment that makes sense for him and your family, but there is more than one route to whatever the end goal is. Enjoy the ride and memories (the cream will usually rise).

Ilik2wach
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/21/2014, 12:23 pm

striker6 wrote:

You'd be better off to loose the British Dinosaur of a coach. The 03 boys will be fine unless the club changes the current regime.

Do tell more about the BD. Is there an usurpation planned by the 03s?

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2014, 2:29 pm

earbucket wrote:
striker6 wrote:

Do tell more about the BD.  Is there an usurpation planned by the 03s?  

I can only talk for me and I would not dare giving anybody's else opinion but let me try to make myself as clear as can be :
That team is DEFINED by its coach Diego Castro. Remove the coach and you will remove the team.

That should also answer the original question of that thread. Forget about aggressiveness, forget about talent, forget about size, height, weight and speed.
This whole thing is about coaching.
Coaching.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/21/2014, 2:36 pm

gababa wrote:
earbucket wrote:
striker6 wrote:

Do tell more about the BD.  Is there an usurpation planned by the 03s?  

I can only talk for me and I would not dare giving anybody's else opinion but let me try to make myself as clear as can be :
That team is DEFINED by its coach Diego Castro. Remove the coach and you will remove the team.

That should also answer the original question of that thread. Forget about aggressiveness, forget about talent, forget about size, height, weight and speed.
This whole thing is about coaching.
Coaching.

i don't know coach Diego Castro. so what are his other "accomplished" current teams with no aggressiveness, talent, size, height, weight and speed? since the "whole" thang (thang is my word lol) is about coaching. "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop" REGARDLESS OF THE CHEF (coach)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next