Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

best $10 skills training Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

best $10 skills training

4 posters

Go down

best $10 skills training Empty best $10 skills training

Post by pad322 2/14/2014, 7:39 pm

For my u8 &u6 rec kids I have tried a couple of clubs that provide skills training for ten dollars a session but found the quality variable. Any recommendations for a club that does a good job?

I am in north plano/east frisco/west allen area. Looking for primary emphasis on teaching proper technique for like heads up dribbling, cushioningwhile receiving, being light footed/staying on the ball of feet, proper lace drive technique and basic stand up tackle etc. What I am trying to avoid is too much wasting time on fancy moves like double scissors, step over s and what not when the kids lack the basic fundamentals.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance

pad322
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

best $10 skills training Empty Re: best $10 skills training

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/14/2014, 10:19 pm

pad322 wrote:For my u8 &u6 rec kids I have tried a couple of clubs that provide skills training for ten dollars a session but found the quality variable. Any recommendations for a club that does a good job?

I am in north plano/east frisco/west allen area. Looking for primary emphasis on teaching proper technique for like heads up dribbling, cushioningwhile receiving, being light footed/staying on the ball of feet, proper lace drive technique and basic stand up tackle etc. What I am trying to avoid is too much wasting time on fancy moves like double scissors, step over s and what not when the kids lack the basic fundamentals.

Thanks in advance

it always sounds like i under value coaching WHICH I DO NOT! but until you little guys can play wall ball and one touch (without touching twice) to the wall and back and count to one hundred. you are wasting your money. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF TOUCHES is the secret and they can do that at home with mom and dad. i'll be back shortly with a good wall ball drill link. bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/14/2014, 10:22 pm

wall ball drills at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david beckham or messi can't help your young ones more than they can themselves. MAKE IT FUN FOR THEM.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnj8Rnb8HAA
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/14/2014, 10:23 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
pad322 wrote:For my u8 &u6 rec kids I have tried a couple of clubs that provide skills training for ten dollars a session but found the quality variable. Any recommendations for a club that does a good job?

Thanks in advance

it always sounds like i under value coaching WHICH I DO NOT! but until you little guys can play wall ball and one touch (without touching twice) to the wall and back and count to one hundred. you are wasting your money. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF TOUCHES is the secret and they can do that at home with mom and dad. i'll be back shortly with a good wall ball drill link. bounce bounce 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnj8Rnb8HAA
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pad322 2/14/2014, 11:10 pm

Soccerdadrandy - nice link - thanks! I have added it to my collection of "in home drills."

I agree with you 100%. To have total comfort on the ball- the kids need to live with and love the ball at home or on the street with friends. I am crazy enough to let my kids do wall ball in my bare formal dining room/living room and the upstairs game room but at least it has resulted in a developing first touch. They both have also started a juggling ladder inspired by some older friends.

Unfortunately coaching practice is a big waste of time - all the wrong Ls (Laps, lectures and lines.) Well not that bad but also not very technical and efficient in terms use of available time. Most of the time is wasted on Tactics. Of the 8 to 10 coaches (albeit mostly rec but some not so) i have encountered, not a single one has taken the time to show the proper Chop Dribble technique with a touch every step (same foot.) or any other detailed technique.

I agree wall ball is crucial..I can provide that at home along with juggling and lots of 1v1 practice - but there must be desirable technical skills/technique they can pick up in a well focussed skill session.

Assuming my kids are progressing on the wall ball (though not 100 1 touch passes yet) - are there any affordable ($10/session) skills classes you would recommend?

pad322
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/14/2014, 11:16 pm

pad322 wrote:Soccerdadrandy - nice link - thanks! I have added it to my collection of "in home drills."

I agree with you 100%. To have total comfort on the ball- the kids need to live with and love the ball at home or on the street with friends. I am crazy enough to let my kids do wall ball in my bare formal dining room/living room and the upstairs game room but at least it has resulted in a developing first touch. They both have also started a juggling ladder inspired by some older friends.

Unfortunately coaching practice is a big waste of time - all the wrong Ls (Laps, lectures and lines.) Well not that bad but also not very technical and efficient in terms use of available time. Most of the time is wasted on Tactics. Of the 8 to 10 coaches (albeit mostly rec but some not so) i have encountered, not a single one has taken the time to show the proper Chop Dribble technique with a touch every step (same foot.) or any other detailed technique.

I agree wall ball is crucial..I can provide that at home along with juggling and lots of 1v1 practice - but there must be desirable technical skills/technique they can pick up in a well focussed skill session.

Assuming my kids are progressing on the wall ball (though not 100 1 touch passes yet) - are there any affordable ($10/session) skills classes you would recommend?

Google Ferdie Magic Soccer
Soccer Training Dallas Sole Role
He is awesome!!!!!
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 2/15/2014, 7:12 am

Agree, Ferdie is THE BEST
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pad322 2/15/2014, 5:28 pm

Thanks! Will definitely check out Ferdie.

Any other recommendations closer to Frisco?

pad322
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PitchBound 2/16/2014, 8:14 pm

My U9 boy is currently training with Ferdie. If you want an honest review feel free to leave me your contact information in a PM and I will call you.

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down