Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Beware all D2 teams Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Beware all D2 teams

+6
debit
forward thinker
finish1
tpitty
What
Soccer/Pizza4me
10 posters

Go down

Beware all D2 teams Empty Beware all D2 teams

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 2/17/2014, 7:50 pm

I heard from a parent that Samba continues to have older players on their team. I also heard Samba is not the only team with older players.

Classic is not doing a good job with verifying player's age.
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Beware all D2 teams Empty Re: Beware all D2 teams

Post by What 2/17/2014, 8:32 pm

Not sure if they have older players, but soccer is a game enjoy the competition.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/17/2014, 9:41 pm

Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:I heard from a parent that Samba continues to have older players on their team. I also heard Samba is not the only team with older players.

How do rumors get started? They're started by the jealous people and
They get mad about somethin they had, and sombody else is holdin'.

So, was this "parent" with Samba?

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 2/17/2014, 10:28 pm

Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:I heard from a parent that Samba continues to have older players on their team. I also heard Samba is not the only team with older players.

If that is true, your parent source needs to notify classic. That being said, I highly doubt that this club would allow that again. I would imagine they would scrutinize every player on that team due to what happened prior. Maybe they are a parent from a team that lost this past weekend and have an ax to grind.

You should listen to Timex Social Club.-- maybe you need some time, some time to get away from all these rumors.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/18/2014, 7:47 am

snjn1ab wrote:

How do rumors get started? They're started by the jealous people and
They get mad about somethin they had, and sombody else is holdin'.

So, was this "parent" with Samba?

Hey there what about Susan. Some say she's just a tease. In her camisole, she's six feet tall, she'll knock you to your knees.

Great way to weave pop mantra into a post snjn.

Goal scored. Well done. Play on!

king 

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 2/18/2014, 8:41 am

I can't believe there is any way that Samba would allow overage players to play. After all, the Azul folks left their old club because of a lapse of paperwork scrutiny and played down to PPL in order to stay together. And I know that the club owner has said he inspected the documents of each player he puts on the field for that team. I find it really hard to believe they would do that.
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 2/18/2014, 8:45 am

I'm skeptical that Samba will have older players on the team this spring especially after the team merge with Azul. I'm pretty sure that coach has the integrity needed to ferret out these types of issues.

I would agree that other teams in D2 have older players. The strikers my son faced this past weekend were obviously older, but quite frankly I'm not sure what can be done if the coach is careful and the player registers with a birth certificate of his younger cousin. Oh well, I don't think it will be fixed so I don't worry about the things I can't control. My son got better this weekend on the pitch facing some BSF 14 year olds that can kick a ball really far.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 2/18/2014, 8:57 am

Anyone who genuinely questions the integrity of the Samba 02 coach - (McManus) can call Jeannie Bradford and ask for a hearing. I dare you to do so. There is no basis for the silly accusations above...great lengths have been gone to to qualify the age of every player on the team and most of the team has been together since they were 8 or 9...and there were no complaints then. By the way, the 'strikers' your son faced were on this team when we failed to qualify in U11 and there we no complaints then. Please call Jeannie and arrange a meeting. I will ask for a charitable donation to be made via Jeannie for raising such baseless slander. I will let her know you have concerns and will be calling.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 2/18/2014, 9:00 am

I will only add that this team has routinely beaten Classic teams in non-league play since they started playing together...not having to worry about winning their games every week for 2 years they have worked on technique and form...and they have gotten better...in many ways it is a case study

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/18/2014, 9:05 am

Rightback wrote:Anyone who genuinely questions the integrity of the Samba 02 coach - (McManus) can call Jeannie Bradford and ask for a hearing. I dare you to do so. There is no basis for the silly accusations above...great lengths have been gone to to qualify the age of every player on the team and most of the team has been together since they were 8 or 9...and there were no complaints then. By the way, the 'strikers' your son faced were on this team when we failed to qualify in  U11 and there we no complaints then. Please call Jeannie and arrange a meeting. I will ask for a charitable donation to be made via Jeannie for raising such baseless slander. I will let her know you have concerns and will be calling.

Contact Jeannie Bradford!  (This comment is the joke of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 2/18/2014, 9:16 am

Rightback wrote:Anyone who genuinely questions the integrity of the Samba 02 coach - (McManus) can call Jeannie Bradford and ask for a hearing. I dare you to do so. There is no basis for the silly accusations above...great lengths have been gone to to qualify the age of every player on the team and most of the team has been together since they were 8 or 9...and there were no complaints then. By the way, the 'strikers' your son faced were on this team when we failed to qualify in  U11 and there we no complaints then. Please call Jeannie and arrange a meeting. I will ask for a charitable donation to be made via Jeannie for raising such baseless slander. I will let her know you have concerns and will be calling.

As one that finds irony in part of the above statement. Long story but I have promised the powers that be not to go there as I realize conversations with certain individuals are fruitless and some how turned against those that bring support and fact.  However, what I will support is McManus as a man of integrity why else would the group that had the talent to play in Classic take the high-road and spend a season improving their craft in division II Plano.  Knowing most of the kids on the new Samba personally (seeing the Birth Certificates in the past)  I wish the group the best of luck and feel they deserve all the sucess they receive.  Plus it's one less quality team I have to worry about this season as we try to get our mess together.  Good luck Samba 02 take no prisoners.  I would agree with the statement of this thread Beware D2 teams because every now and then a team comes in to shake things up enjoy the shake up.  How do rumours get started they are started by the jealous people....Now where did I put that mix tape again.  I loved that song.  

Just because you got beat doesn't mean that the other team cheated.  Sometimes they are just better then you.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Beware all D2 teams Empty Every body dance.

Post by Marvelousmar 2/18/2014, 9:19 am

I forgot how bad the vocals were.

Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 2/18/2014, 9:23 am

rdeal486 wrote:

Contact Jeannie Bradford!  (This comment is the joke of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So what person meets your apparently very high integrity test? Please name them. I restate - there is no basis for the accusations being made and i challenge anyone to bring it. All are entitled to their opinion...you are not entitled to your own set of facts.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 2/18/2014, 10:23 am

This is nothing more than nervous people concerned that the relegation dynamics have changed. Certainly Samba, and very likely Real, were headed to D3. Now Suns are looking extremely vulnerable.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 2/18/2014, 10:32 am

Rightback, I think you misunderstood my earlier post. I clearly stated that the new coach (McManus) has the integrity to get rid of any age-related issues. I know who he is and what he stands for. My son and his 02 son were friends at school before my son had to change schools this year.

My other comments regarding over-age strikers was directed at another team that my son faced this past weekend. Not Samba/Azul. I thought I had stated it clearly, so my apologies for any misunderstanding. There are very clearly other teams (Not Samba/Azul) that bring older players to their U12 games. They may be on the roster legally and register with 02 age birth certificates, but it's obvious to any reasonable observer that they are 14+ years of age.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala 2/18/2014, 1:38 pm

I will never buy into the reform theory. Once a cheat always a cheater. People work in their interest 99% of the time and to be so bold as to cheat in a sport then say I did not know is little comfort to those who got cheated. Everybody got cheated. I'm not in your alls division but people seldom change and I don't need to be that smart to know that. I hope they have cleaned up even if by force but I strongly doubt it. People blamed it all on the coach as if he was the only one who knew!
Futbol_Sala
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 2/18/2014, 2:51 pm

debit wrote:

Rightback,  I think you misunderstood my earlier post.  I clearly stated that the new coach (McManus) has the integrity to get rid of any age-related issues.  I know who he is and what he stands for.  My son and his 02 son were friends at school before my son had to change schools this year.

My other comments regarding over-age strikers was directed at another team that my son faced this past weekend.  Not Samba/Azul.  I thought I had stated it clearly, so my apologies for any misunderstanding.  There are very clearly other teams (Not Samba/Azul) that bring older players to their U12 games.  They may be on the roster legally and register with 02 age birth certificates, but it's obvious to any reasonable observer that they are 14+ years of age.

My bad for not reading your intent...this team has gone to great lengths to confirm eligible players...but those player will play to win. Thanks for the clarification...my bad for misreading the original

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down