Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams

+13
OnTheSurface
batman
Muppet
chasematt
clueless
randee42
DownTown21
treefrog13
The German
mrclean
True10
Tequilapark
mspan02
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams Empty 97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams

Post by mspan02 3/16/2010, 12:32 pm

D1 looks like DTRS will be officially 1st (they face DTRW this week, no offense meant by assuming the victory) w/FCD 2nd before they meet in the last game of the year
DTRW & DFW Tejanos both going down no matter what
D2 is tight at the top & bottom (no jokes need to be inserted here)
FW 31 w/tfcr & tfc left (2 very tough games)
SW 30 w/no tx & tfcr left (1 tough game)
TFCR 30 w/fw & sw left (2 tough games)
Hurst 29 2/asgg & fcde left (1 vs hot team lately)
TFC has 24 and can get to 30 but w/sw-tfcr game someone will get at least 1 point so at least 2 teams will have 31 so they can't make it up
At the other end of d2 NoTx is going down but the other spot is wide open in spite of how it looks
Manchester (AndroNavy) 15 w/fcde & notx left (have to beat hedges group to stay up)
Tigres 19 w/tfc & asgg left (really need game this weekend)
ASGG 20 w/hurst & tigres left (ditto)
If ManSC/ANavy wins out and Tigres & ASGG lose this week then their game the last week means tons
ASGG losing 9 points to 9th place ManSC (2 losses) & 10th place NoTX (1 loss) could have put them tied for 4th w/a chance to move up to d1 but now they have to win 1 to stay in d2
Having seen a few of these games, it really is this close between #1 -#9
D3 IrvElite going up
Tigres 37 should as they have FCD Silver & Barca left (should win this week)
DTWW 33 needs help plus they have IrvElite & Andro left (have to beat IE and hope tigres stumbles)
At the bottom DTWhite will be in Challenge games and the other spot is either
ASGR 8 w/cdi and irv elite left (must win this week)
FCD Silver 7 w/tigres & dtw left (last game looks like 3 points, no offense meant again)

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams Empty Re: 97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams

Post by Tequilapark 3/16/2010, 12:52 pm

The South - FCDB game on Sunday was very important, because a tie or win by Blue would have put FCD 1 or two points behind South (assuming FCD won, and they did, 5 - 0), now FCD is 4 points behind South, I would not bet on South losing to DTRW, so this Saturday, we will probably see South get the W and lock first place.

It has been a good season, competition has been good, except for Tejanos, I know its been a long season for them, they do have some speed and size on their team, but need to work on their skills, good luck next season.

I like the race in D2 going into the last 2 games, four teams within 2 points, competing for the top 2 spots, nice.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/16/2010, 1:22 pm

D1 is pretty much settled. D3 is pretty much settled. All the excitement is in D2. I thought this year would be close but after 16 games 4 teams still in the promotion picture and 4 teams near or in the relegation zone. You got to love the way D2 is playing out. 97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams Icon_cheers
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 3/16/2010, 1:30 pm

It's been a good season for D2. Even our last place team, NT Strikers has played some really good games. They have had 5 losses with a 1 goal margin. It will be interesting to see how Irving Elite does next Fall after dominating in D3.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/16/2010, 1:52 pm

It's way way early but I see Irving Elite being top 3 in D2 next year
Then lower D1 from then on
And no, my kid does not play for this team (and it's one of the few teams I know no one on)

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/16/2010, 2:03 pm

I am glad you guys think it's very exciting however there are not enough pills to swollow every weekend to avoid a heart attack.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by treefrog13 3/16/2010, 3:15 pm

mspan02 wrote:It's way way early but I see Irving Elite being top 3 in D2 next year
Then lower D1 from then on
Agreed -by the numbers, Irving Elite will shoot right to the top 1-2 of D2... After the Fall round, they were playing at a level at least equal to Solar White & FWFC in D2. The latter 2 have played .500 ball since then, while Irving continues to dominate in D3

treefrog13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/16/2010, 9:58 pm

msoan02,
Your working to hard to breakdown who's in, who"s out and on the bubble.
D1-OUT: Moving down to D2
DFW TEJANOS PREMIER 97B (BARROW)
DALLAS TEXANS SC 97B RED WEST (SCOTT)

D2-OUT: Moving down to D3
NORTH TEXAS STRIKERS 97B(GUILLIOD) Last year in D1 ouch.
On the Bubble
ANDROMEDA NAVY (PREV MANCHESTER) 97B(NEUMANN) Must win both games.
DALLAS TIGRES ACADEMY GOLD 97B (ALVAREZ) a win and thier in.
D2 into D1
SOLAR 97B WHITE (COLVIN)
HURST UNITED 97B BLACK (ZIMMERLE)
TFC 97B ROYAL (PELAEZ)
FORT WORTH FC 97B WHITE(HUDSON)
I see Ft. Worth and Hurst moving up because of a favored schedule, unless TFC97 lets TFC Royal have the easy win and points. TFC 97 could get in, but is a long shot.

D3-OUT
DALLAS TEXANS SC 97B WHITE (ADLOO) down from D2 last year to last in D3.
On the Bubble
FC DALLAS YOUTH 97B SILVER (ARIAS) Surprise to see this team down, since they came from D2 last year. Could have two D2 teams from last year finish 9th and 10th.
ASG 97B RED WEST (SCHROEDER) Surprise to see this team down here, finish 4th last year in D3.
D2 to D1
IRVING ELITE FC 97B (GONZALEZ) all I have to say great coaching, will not be walk in the park next year. But 15-1-0. Respect this team in D2.
DALLAS TIGRES ACADEMY 97B (MONTOYA) They will get in because of soft schedule in the last two games. But Texans do have a chance. Surprise here is this two teams cames from the APL and PPL leagues, and showed they belong in Classic. Also proves the system works.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/17/2010, 7:59 am

Love the Avatar Downtown but TFC can NOT get into D1
It's impossible (ok w/classic that's a strong statement)
Anyway they can get to 30 only
One team already has 31 and two who play each other have 30 so if 1 wins thats 33 and if they tie thats 31
I guess they both could Lose to stay at 30 but since they play each other....?

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/17/2010, 8:32 am

DT21 another correction NTStrikers were not in D1 last year. ASG and Tigres came down from D1.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/17/2010, 5:40 pm

The German wrote:I am glad you guys think it's very exciting however there are not enough pills to swollow every weekend to avoid a heart attack.

Axle Foley is right, being in D2 this year has raised my blood pressure and stress level to new extremes. If we (FCDE) had not won our last 2 games, we would be in the mix of possible teams going to D3. Of the D2 teams, I am not sure I envy any of them going to D1. I can see Irving Elite coming into D2 and doing well, but I do not see any D2 teams going into D1 and being a top 5 or even top 7 D1 team.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/17/2010, 9:19 pm

randee42 wrote:
The German wrote:I am glad you guys think it's very exciting however there are not enough pills to swollow every weekend to avoid a heart attack.

Axle Foley is right, being in D2 this year has raised my blood pressure and stress level to new extremes. If we (FCDE) had not won our last 2 games, we would be in the mix of possible teams going to D3. Of the D2 teams, I am not sure I envy any of them going to D1. I can see Irving Elite coming into D2 and doing well, but I do not see any D2 teams going into D1 and being a top 5 or even top 7 D1 team.
I agree, I think Irving should be competitive (based solely on their staggering GD), having never seen them, and question the caliber of the competition, the numbers are undeniable). It isn't that easy to score that much. TFC Royal has been competitive in the past vs D1 teams, but, over a 18 game season, it certainly isn't easy to pass many of the teams as they've been there a while (I have a tough time seeing Solar Red, FCDG or DTR dropping out next year).
FCDG was extremely dominant in D2 - they can compete with all the D1 teams, but have faltered a few times as well - they will be 5th to 8th place this year (not bad at all). Very tough year for Tejanos in D1 (3 goals for, 50 against - so far).
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/17/2010, 11:53 pm

The German wrote:DT21 another correction NTStrikers were not in D1 last year. ASG and Tigres came down from D1.

Opps I did it again, my bad on NTS, but they did play in D1 the first year. correct me if i"m wrong again.

It's weird seeing all these classic teams falling from classic, OCU, Asyes, and now maybe Texans, ASG and/or FCD Silver. Big time clubs being replace by Irving Elite, Tigres, and this year maybe Rayados De Monterrey 14-0-2 which they beat TFC White tonight 2-0 to stay undefeated.

Still the top 5 teams in D1, need not worry. But I can't say the same about D2, it's been a barn burner year, either the word UPSET is politically correct or there is some darn good coaching....... lol!

Great job by all the boys this season, no matter where you play, just give it 100% and yes thanks to the parents. Very Happy

mspan02, yes I love my avatar too, she was asked be in the movie avatar, but she decided to stay with me and be my avatar only.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 3/18/2010, 12:14 am

I think Strikers were D3 and moved up to D2 last year.... German - I'll bring an AED to the game Saturday 97 Up, Down and Challenge Teams Icon_lol

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet 3/18/2010, 6:57 am

chasematt - Solar White & FWFC promoteed from D3 last year
dt21 - TFCR plays Soalr White & FWFC in their remaining two games. Therefore TFC cannot influence the TFC v TFCR game as they already played and tied 1-1
German - I have to agree with you that there are not enough pills to go around. This Spring D2 has been very close and I'm still not sure after this coming weekend it will be any clearer who goes up and who doesn't.
It'll all come down to the last week!
Muppet
Muppet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 3/18/2010, 7:51 am

I didn't realize that the League provided AED's. These last two weeks I think I will try to check out an AED, duct tape for my mouth, a straight jacket for my waving hands, leg cuffs so I can't run around, and a chair that can't be thrown Bobby Knight style. As long as I have these supplies, I should be able to enjoy the next two weekends just fine.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/18/2010, 9:45 am

I think soccer.com has coaching jackets with built-in AEDs as well as fan-based recliners and game jersey's with AEDs as well as flower holders (in case the AED doesn't do the job).
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/18/2010, 10:31 am

Another thing for next year is the change of the roster size to 18 players, which means if each team takes a full roster you have 20 more players in each division. I can see a lot of movement this summer.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by batman 3/18/2010, 11:02 am

It looks like everyone agrees that Monterrey will secure a spot in D3 next year. With that being said, who is the other likely team to win the remaining spot in the challenge games. Will it be an Plano, Arlington, or current D3 team?

batman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/18/2010, 11:17 am

batman wrote:It looks like everyone agrees that Monterrey will secure a spot in D3 next year. With that being said, who is the other likely team to win the remaining spot in the challenge games. Will it be an Plano, Arlington, or current D3 team?

I would say Ama. Lightning out od the APL.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 3/18/2010, 11:28 am

The German wrote:Another thing for next year is the change of the roster size to 18 players, which means if each team takes a full roster you have 20 more players in each division. I can see a lot of movement this summer.
I was already wondering how many of these "sister teams" would fold/merge with U14. I had forgotten about the extra roster size issue too.. For instance, it seems highly likely that DTS/DTR/DTRW will combine/merge/reorganize in some fashion, and possibly FCD/FCDB/FCDG might do the same, and maybe even the three Solar teams.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/18/2010, 11:29 am

Guys forget the jackets, AED's and duct tape. ( OK, duct tape, that's OK.)

Let's go out the night before and have some good German Beer and finish it with some tequila shots.

That way we can alll be a big happy family. lol!
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/18/2010, 11:33 am

DownTown21 wrote:Guys forget the jackets, AED's and duct tape. ( OK, duct tape, that's OK.)

Let's go out the night before and have some good German Beer and finish it with some tequila shots.

That way we can alll be a big happy family. lol!
I am in.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by treefrog13 3/18/2010, 11:37 am

The German wrote:Another thing for next year is the change of the roster size to 18 players, which means if each team takes a full roster you have 20 more players in each division. I can see a lot of movement this summer.
If this is correct, there will indeed be lots of movement, especially to/from the promoted/relegated D2/D1 teams...probably the only way for the D2=>D1 'winners' to survive past 1 year...

treefrog13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 3/18/2010, 11:43 am

And a lot more benchwarming.

The top teams will have a lot of players trying to get a spot on the team, unfortunately, in most cases, it will mean 5 to 7 players that will see the game from the sidelines, or at least most of it. While the roster will increase to 18 (max), the games will continue to be 35 minutes.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next