Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 Classic League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Classic League

+16
Observer007
PremierLeagueFan
foghornleghorn
debit
davito
cowpukesfan
GOOOAAALLL
tomuchsoccer
What
PROUD02PARENT
manufan20
bigfut
Soccerdad79
Five 0
Liverpool00/02
Sprint
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

02 Classic League Empty 02 Classic League

Post by Sprint 3/12/2014, 11:53 am

Looks like with 2 games to go DTS are in the driver seat to win the league again with a five point lead at the top of the table.  Great run by this team for the last few years and with some player changes this year. 

FCD Goncavles and Solar Red will battle for second place with Solar having a slight point advantage.

FCD Premiere looks to finish top five as well and LP Fagen and LP Owen are also fighting for a top five finish. 

These are the last two games some of these kids will play in Classic League due to PA leagues next year.

The league table next year will most likely be much different and should be fun to watch how it shakes out.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

02 Classic League Empty Re: 02 Classic League

Post by Liverpool00/02 3/17/2014, 9:21 pm

Sprint thanks for trying to get a little talk on the 02's going. I saw y'all's game this weekend as well as DTS, I thought your boys were a little unlucky, it was a good game.
DTS......wow.....what can I say that I already haven't already said on here before, they are a fantastic team! They are now grand champions for two years in a row! And are 8 points ahead of the next teams with a game left. The only thing I would disagree with in your statement is that this team hasn't had a great run for a few years, they have dominated everyone since U9! That's over four years now. And you are correct, they lost some great players this last year and they still went out and won grand champions again, when a lot of people said they wouldn't. You gotta give credit to those kids that are there and the coach. Lose great players and still go out and do a great job....maybe it's coaching?? Watching their game on Sat proved again how far advanced this group of boys really is. The way they pass the ball and keep possession was terrific to watch and show my son. And just the individual skill those players have on the ball and their first touch, it shows why they have been so dominate for such a long time. I find it funny how no one is on this forum is talking about the 02 division. Where are all those Fc, solar, and even Liverpool parents that were saying that DTS would not win the league? That everyone had caught up to them? Seems really quite on here......it will be geat to them and solar red in the SuperCopa this summer, as well as my own sons team! We are very excited about this opportunity for our team. I really hope all the Dallas teams show well. But if no one wants to come on here and tell DTS 02 congrats, I will, congrats to you DTS 02! Fantastic group of boys and coach.

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Five 0 3/18/2014, 12:18 pm

Dude , you sound like you want to give the coach a big fat kiss on the lips.Calm down and
have a snickers bar. Your such a Diva when you are hungry......

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 3/18/2014, 6:24 pm

The DTS boys did a great job regrouping this year & their hard work paid off with 1 game left. Back 2 Back Grand Champions isn't easy. Congrats to them!
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigfut 3/20/2014, 6:59 pm

At this age first touch and individual ball skills are overrated. Running speed is more important and Solar Red has some of the fastest boys in the league. DTS got lucky this year and it will be evident when SR beats them again this Saturday.

bigfut
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigfut 3/20/2014, 6:59 pm

At this age first touch and individual ball skills are overrated. Running speed is more important and Solar Red has some of the fastest boys in the league. DTS got lucky this year and it will be evident when SR beats them again this Saturday.

bigfut
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 3/20/2014, 7:59 pm

Speed is really good asset to have but if you don't have the touch or ball skills you have nothing. All you can do is run fast that's it! Speed is not everything in soccer. You get a team that has superior touch and ball skills and they will make your speedsters look silly. Have them boys running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Solar might beat DTS again on Saturday but DTS have proven themselves to be the best team again this year. GRAND CHAMPIONS!!!

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Liverpool00/02 3/20/2014, 9:45 pm

Finally some people responding. But I think bugfut your are way off, beat DTS again? Solar red has NEVER beaten DTS. In any competition. I could be wrong, but I know a few parents over there any we have discussed this same topic. Maybe Sprint could let us know what's the deal. If I'm wrong I apologize, but if you look at just the past league and state cup results it shows it shows DTS winning. But that could change this weekend, doesn't really matter, DTS already are Grand Champions.

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PROUD02PARENT 3/20/2014, 11:46 pm

Congrats to DTS on their second Grand Championship! Like I have said it before they are the best 02 team around! Now in regards to bigfut's comment.... U sound like a jealous parent that is mad cause ur kid is in the wrong team!!! Bring on the the hate cause that's what makes out team better!!! DTS has been the best for over 4 years and u want to call them lucky??? Get a life and know that Solar Red has nothing on DTS and they have always been SECOND PLACE!!! DTS has heart and dedication and that's why they deserve every single 1st place, when and if SR ever beats us, they will deserve their win and maybe then they can be happy and move on!!! But for now we will enjoy or victory and let Bigfut and all they haters HATE!!!!!

PROUD02PARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 3/21/2014, 9:22 am

Good stuff lots of emotion. We should be congratulating every team/ players for playing this season and not worry about who beat who, it really doesn't matter all the boys have a long way to go enjoy journey, it's a long one.  Surprised
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 3/21/2014, 12:10 pm

can't we all just get along

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 3/21/2014, 12:47 pm

tomuchsoccer wrote:can't we all just get along
Get along?this is competition baby!
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GOOOAAALLL 3/21/2014, 12:48 pm

AMEN ManuFan!!!! DTS is a on a roll and Solar Red is just a speed bump this week.  Unfortunately mother nature going to win this matchup.   Good teams that possess the ball like DTS use the speed of the ball to find scoring lanes. When others figure this out the gap will shrink, until then DTS will ALWAYS be the top team. period. Solar Castro 03 is another perfect example of this.

Speed is good but at this age and level it is not as much an advantage as you think.  Arguably the two fastest teams in the league are Solar Red and Liverpool Rush. If speed is such a premium then that should equal more goals scored.

Last 8 games- number of goals scored

Solar Red-0,0,1,2,1,2,2,3     9 goals    1.125 goals/game
LP Rush--1,1,1,2,3,0,0,2     10 goals    1.25 goals/game

i think i will take skills and possession over speed  Very Happy
GOOOAAALLL
GOOOAAALLL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 3/21/2014, 12:53 pm

What wrote:
tomuchsoccer wrote:can't we all just get along
Get along?this is competition baby!

your right.....DTS is the best everyone else stinks!!

On a serious note thought this year was fun for all the boys.......Should be interesting to see how Academy affects the league next year...

Passing beats speed every time.....you can't out run the ball

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/21/2014, 1:13 pm

I think DTS will still be in the top 8 next season.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 3/21/2014, 1:48 pm

Credit to DTS for continuing their roll and playing a brand of football that emphasizes technique. As predicted the gap narrowed though. DTS did not outscore the rest by a mile like they did the year before. In general I think D1 was very competitive this year. There was not that much daylight between the 10 teams but things have pretty much shaken out as I expected.

I wonder how PA will affect next year. It seems to have changed the landscape for the 01s dramatically. If Ayses survive this season they could be the champions next year!! affraid 
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 3/21/2014, 6:16 pm

I do believe that DTS lost their top two or three players (goal scores) from last year. If they would have had them again this year the results would have been more like last year. A ton of blowouts! This just shows you how good this team really is. You lose atleast half of your scoring output and you still end up Grand Champions. Now next year might be even harder to overcome with the PA hitting them. But then again its gonna be that way for all of the teams. So we could end up with another year like this one a very tight close race to the end.

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PROUD02PARENT 3/22/2014, 4:04 pm

DTS beats the speed!!! Lol.... They dominated the entire game! I didn't see any kid faster then DTS!!! I will say it was a great game and I loved to see the reactions of the solar parents!

PROUD02PARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 3/22/2014, 5:07 pm

DTS -4 and Solar Red-2!!! So much for speed beating skill and ball control. You care to chime in now bigfut? Or you could just put your bigfut in your bigmouth!  lol! 

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/22/2014, 5:44 pm

Not all SR parents reacted the same after the loss. The goalie's dad is a pretty good guy.
Every D1 '02 team has that (or those) loud, obnoxious parent(s).
We scored more, therefore DTS won.
Thanks for a good game Solar Red.
DT South, congratulations!!!!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 3/22/2014, 6:07 pm

Congrats to DTS for winning D1 again!

Looks like all the promotion relegation is set.

Dropping from D1 to D2 is Solar and FCD Red
Promoting from D2 to D1 is Sporting United and Mexico

Dropping from D2 to D3 is FW Strikers and Real Estudiantil
Promoting from D3 to D2 is Azzurri and FCD Central

Congrats to all the boys for another great season. Looking forward to a bit of rest, non-soccer activities and May tournaments followed by the silly season in June.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PROUD02PARENT 3/22/2014, 7:11 pm

Solar ended in 3rd place!!!

PROUD02PARENT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn 3/23/2014, 7:20 am

PROUD02PARENT wrote:Solar ended in 3rd place!!!

Debit is not talking about Solar Red, but rather Solar [Chelsea]. He left the Chelsea out. So yes Solar Red (Stricker) ended in 3rd place, but Solar Chelsea (Crawford) will be relegated to D2.
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/23/2014, 8:56 am

Stricker's 02B is a top 5 (3rd) that won't be getting relegated anytime in the foreseeable future. Good game against South this weekend and the 2-2 leveler looked promising, but South has a remarkable offense and they were able to grind out a win. I expect that will only strengthen your resolve next season and I look forward to watching your future development.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Observer007 3/23/2014, 10:07 pm

No sour grapes here and I congratulate DTS on another great season. However, I just had to comment on how bad the officiating was during the DTS/LP Owen game last week. Although I do agree that DTS played very well in that game, I think even the DTS parents would agree that the officiating was some of the worst we all may have ever seen. The 2-0 score did not at all tell the real story of how close that game was (or should have been). Have a great off-season and once again congrats.

Observer007
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next