Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup Final Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup Final

+8
rqps
4D-Record
You talking to me?
soccerdoc
CincoB
finish1
go99
Axxman
12 posters

Go down

Dallas Cup Final Empty Dallas Cup Final

Post by Axxman 4/5/2010, 10:24 am

How about that fight last night between Monterrey and Cruzeiro in the final, craziness! That was a complete embarrasment and both teams should be penalized and suspended from play in the tourny next year. The Brazilians do deserve the blame for their antics, and that player should have received a red, not a yellow. Just what all our kids needed to see.....

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cup Final Empty Re: Dallas Cup Final

Post by go99 4/5/2010, 11:05 am

what antics? The jubilant goal celebration after the fourth goal. He was getting a yellow card for it. If you don't want teams to celebrate the goals don't give them up. The answer is not fighting it's playing better defense. They should have used more of that energy on the field.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/5/2010, 11:16 am

go99 wrote:what antics? The jubilant goal celebration after the fourth goal. He was getting a yellow card for it. If you don't want teams to celebrate the goals don't give them up. The answer is not fighting it's playing better defense. They should have used more of that energy on the field.

He stuck the ball under his jersey after the goal and started running around with it, not letting Monterrey get the ball to start play again. Then after taking it out, he was toying with a couple of the Monterrey players prior to finally giving the ball up. Those antics are what started the whole melee. Why do you defend the Brasilians, I am a fan of their soccer but that crap was bs and I doubt I would have contained myself either. He got a yellow for it and deserved a red.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/5/2010, 11:20 am

My take on it is that Monterey turned crazy as they were loosing the game. They fought hard (and nice) to come back to 2-2, then took a really silly goal (pure mistake from the keeper). At that point some of their players were already acting up. One defensive player was for example yelling at his own keeper and from his body attitude I would say he was cursing at him for a good 30 seconds (that's long when you are on the ground and you own teammates barks at you) !! Then during overtime they took a beautiful goal. Perfect play from the middle, perfect pass awesome finish and Monterey just couldn't swallow that lesson and turned crazy. I didn't see anything mean coming from the other team, they just celebrated a nice goal; in my opinion it is simply shame on Monterey. I wish I knew what the coach said afterwards to them in the locker room ...

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/5/2010, 11:34 am

Axxman wrote:
go99 wrote:what antics? The jubilant goal celebration after the fourth goal. He was getting a yellow card for it. If you don't want teams to celebrate the goals don't give them up. The answer is not fighting it's playing better defense. They should have used more of that energy on the field.

He stuck the ball under his jersey after the goal and started running around with it, not letting Monterrey get the ball to start play again. Then after taking it out, he was toying with a couple of the Monterrey players prior to finally giving the ball up. Those antics are what started the whole melee. Why do you defend the Brasilians, I am a fan of their soccer but that crap was bs and I doubt I would have contained myself either. He got a yellow for it and deserved a red.

Up until the fight, it was a good game and a great comeback for Monterrey. The bending free kick for their first goal gave them much needed confidence to later equalize the score. Maybe giving up back-to-back goals late had their emotions on tilt. The Brazilian coach added fuel to the fire by getting in the middle of it. He wound up on his behind by the goal. Shame it had to end the way it did. We went to a fight and a soccer match broke out...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 4/5/2010, 11:41 am

That sounds like a homer reply. Taunting the other team after a goal should never happen. Celebration with your own team is fine, taunting is not. That card should have been red! I am certainly not backing the Monterrey antics afterward, but your comment above is rather childish. You spout a lot of wisdom on this board and would expect the same in this situation.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/5/2010, 11:53 am

I stand by the post. Great game. Deplorable ending. Both sides share blame. Fan of the game, not of either team, especially now. Was hoping to see more NTX in the finals.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdoc 4/5/2010, 11:58 am

Axxman wrote:

From my vantage point everything went out of control when the Monterrey subs stormed the field. Until then I thought the officials were going to maintain control.
soccerdoc
soccerdoc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by You talking to me? 4/5/2010, 12:03 pm

soccerdoc wrote:
Axxman wrote:

From my vantage point everything went out of control when the Monterrey subs stormed the field. Until then I thought the officials were going to maintain control.
one of the monterrey players had to go to the hospital, thats never good

You talking to me?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4D-Record 4/5/2010, 12:05 pm

Next time our team is in a heated final against GO99 or Gababas team, and we are up on you 2-1 with a few minutes left and we put a 3rd goal on you, do you think your bbs will be a little upset (assuming they are competitive players)? And at that time, I will have one of our bbs celebrate excessevily and get in your kids face and do some taunting. I will then turn to the sideline to look at your faces and surely you'll be smiling cause it was your teams fault. If they would not have gotten emotional or let the other team score, never would have happened. Clearly neither of you have ever played much more than marbles competitivly cause you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

4D-Record
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 4/5/2010, 12:12 pm

4D-Record wrote:Next time our team is in a heated final against GO99 or Gababas team, and we are up on you 2-1 with a few minutes left and we put a 3rd goal on you, do you think your bbs will be a little upset (assuming they are competitive players)? And at that time, I will have one of our bbs celebrate excessevily and get in your kids face and do some taunting. I will then turn to the sideline to look at your faces and surely you'll be smiling cause it was your teams fault. If they would not have gotten emotional or let the other team score, never would have happened. Clearly neither of you have ever played much more than marbles competitivly cause you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Both teams acted poorly and no one should be defending either teams actions. Both teams should have done things differently!
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cup Final Empty Surprised By Absence of Texans Teams in Finals in Any Age

Post by Soccernovice 4/5/2010, 12:13 pm

Seems like every year the Texas have had more than one team in finals. This is first year I can remember where they had none. Is that a by product of Development Academy diluting overall focus on team progression or just an off year for club with superb record? I was very impressed with FC Dallas U18 Development Academy team play in Super Group. I was not that impressed with some of the Academy team play from North Texas. Did not seem to be much different than what we see every week in Classic League.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/5/2010, 12:19 pm

4D-Record wrote:Next time our team is in a heated final against GO99 or Gababas team, and we are up on you 2-1 with a few minutes left and we put a 3rd goal on you, do you think your bbs will be a little upset (assuming they are competitive players)? And at that time, I will have one of our bbs celebrate excessevily and get in your kids face and do some taunting. I will then turn to the sideline to look at your faces and surely you'll be smiling cause it was your teams fault. If they would not have gotten emotional or let the other team score, never would have happened. Clearly neither of you have ever played much more than marbles competitivly cause you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Yawn...

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/5/2010, 12:21 pm

soccerdoc wrote:
Axxman wrote:

I actually thought the Brasilian coaches ran on the field to try and control things and that's when the Monterrey bench ran out. But it all happened quick so not 100% certain of the timing. It looked to me like the one Brasilian coach got a little too emotional himself and was rather aggressive in trying to separate things. Then it started getting ugly.

I also heard there was a little ordeal in the stands between fans, and that FIGO was in the middle of it trying to break it up. Hope he didn't get hurt in the process.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/5/2010, 12:29 pm

Oh we forgot about the people in the stand throwing water bottles towards the Brazilian team that was top class too !

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 4/5/2010, 12:30 pm

Axxman wrote:
soccerdoc wrote:
Axxman wrote:

I actually thought the Brasilian coaches ran on the field to try and control things and that's when the Monterrey bench ran out. But it all happened quick so not 100% certain of the timing. It looked to me like the one Brasilian coach got a little too emotional himself and was rather aggressive in trying to separate things. Then it started getting ugly.

I also heard there was a little ordeal in the stands between fans, and that FIGO was in the middle of it trying to break it up. Hope he didn't get hurt in the process.

I was scared for the safety of the ball boys on the field. One of the scurmishes ended up five feet in front of them on the north side of the field and you can see them running back and forth in the video, confused as hell which way to go.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 4/5/2010, 12:32 pm

I was cheering on Monterrey just so that we would go into overtime. After their defender berated his own goalie, though, I just felt like they deserved the loss. I don't care how badly the goalie messed up, the scolding wasn't necessary from his own defender!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 6Ducks 4/5/2010, 12:37 pm

Axxman wrote:
soccerdoc wrote:
Axxman wrote:

Yep, I was within five feet of the situation in the stands. The U-17 Monterrey players were in the stands throwing the bottles and causing problems with one of the Brazil fans. Not good. They were trying to start a fight in the stands. So it appears it is the whole club not just the ones on the field.

6Ducks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 4/5/2010, 12:45 pm

Yes, my wife and I were in the stands trying to see if our son and his team mates (ball boys) could get away from the field when the yelling and shoving in the stands started five feet from us. Overall, it was very sad had quickly things can get out of control and there is nothing you can do to help a kid a hundred yards away.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/5/2010, 12:53 pm

Axxman wrote:

He got his card for it and the game was over. They were well into extra time an 2 goals down. Kudos to the Brazillian coach for calling the dogs off before the score got really ugly. Monterrey was out played the entire game no need to get angry in the end
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/5/2010, 12:57 pm

Just because I don't choose to fight in a game doesn't mean I am not competative. It just mean you have a problem controlling yourself. My BB would be upset and pushing hard because he was down 2-1. If he acted out like the monterrey players he would have to deal with me when he got home. Other people are not responsible for your feelings, you are. Get them under control or they will be used against you.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down