Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Congrads to DTS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Congrads to DTS

+12
bootit
Brandinho12
True10
ckclimited3
anyIdeas
only1one
Butters
chriswhit
Tequilapark
finish1
clueless
Soccersoccer
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congrads to DTS Empty Congrads to DTS

Post by Soccersoccer 4/14/2010, 1:20 pm

Back to Back Champions, Congrads to DTS, that is a difficult thing to do in the competative soccer world.

Soccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Congrads to DTS Empty Re: Congrads to DTS

Post by clueless 4/14/2010, 2:08 pm

Second that....unless you are Solar '98 (or...pretty much any Texans girl's team), then...there is no excuse for not repeating.
It's always a pleasure getting beat by DTRS. Two in a row in the '97 group is pretty darned good as almost every matchup has competitiveness (which, BTW, is quite likely the longest word I've ever used on this forum).
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/14/2010, 3:59 pm

clueless wrote:Second that....unless you are Solar '98 (or...pretty much any Texans girl's team), then...there is no excuse for not repeating.
It's always a pleasure getting beat by DTRS. Two in a row in the '97 group is pretty darned good as almost every matchup has competitiveness (which, BTW, is quite likely the longest word I've ever used on this forum).

...and spelled correctly...well done...play on....
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 4/14/2010, 4:26 pm

Soccersoccer wrote:Back to Back Champions, Congrads to DTS, that is a difficult thing to do in the competative soccer world.

I thought FCD had won the championship, I mean, after the celebration last night Congrads to DTS Icon_eek
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chriswhit 4/14/2010, 4:42 pm

On behalf of DTRS....I appreciate the kudos from all.

Last night's game was great....all but the result that is. :-) Hats off to FCDY (again) last night.

TP...agree on your assessment, but whateva....it's all good. I am just thankful only one person tried to start that OLE/OLE/OLE/OLE chant after the game, but found the sound of crickets as the response, so he simply walked into the night. Common sense prevailed there...hats off to their boys and coach for that.

Clueless...right on...was in a hotel elevator when the 97 Red Girls got in... thought for sure they were 16 or something, looked down at soccer ball in their pouch and it said "97 Girls"....then looked UP at the girl who owned the bag. Amazing....they might be able to win the boys side. :-)

Looking forward to May 10th....retiring from my role and just being a supportive parent. Though I admit, for some games, while sitting on the other side, I will be better served to simply jack up my IPod as loud as it will go...and watch, not listen.

Good luck to all participants in State Cup!!! And thanks again....
chriswhit
chriswhit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Congrads to DTS Empty DTS? Or FCD!!?

Post by Butters 4/14/2010, 6:12 pm

I don't know, other than the one player I was not impressed with DTS. That game was really awesome to watch but the reality is in checking, FCD has beat DTS significantly every time the 2 squads have faced off. If I were ranking the teams, I would go with FCD. That team plays a very nice game and they seem to have true talent throughout.

DTS winning the season is arguably a nice accomplishment but their future prospects look a little bleak at this point and the FCD squads looks like they are just getting started. Not trying to step on any toes but thats how it looked from where I was sitting.
Butters
Butters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by only1one 4/14/2010, 6:16 pm

chriswhit wrote:On behalf of DTRS....I appreciate the kudos from all.

Last night's game was great....all but the result that is. :-) Hats off to FCDY (again) last night.

TP...agree on your assessment, but whateva....it's all good. I am just thankful only one person tried to start that OLE/OLE/OLE/OLE chant after the game, but found the sound of crickets as the response, so he simply walked into the night. Common sense prevailed there...hats off to their boys and coach for that.

Clueless...right on...was in a hotel elevator when the 97 Red Girls got in... thought for sure they were 16 or something, looked down at soccer ball in their pouch and it said "97 Girls"....then looked UP at the girl who owned the bag. Amazing....they might be able to win the boys side. :-)

Looking forward to May 10th....retiring from my role and just being a supportive parent. Though I admit, for some games, while sitting on the other side, I will be better served to simply jack up my IPod as loud as it will go...and watch, not listen.

Good luck to all participants in State Cup!!! And thanks again....

Is May 10th when HN will begin merging the Red and the South team together?
only1one
only1one
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chriswhit 4/14/2010, 8:28 pm

Butters wrote:I don't know, other than the one player I was not impressed with DTS. That game was really awesome to watch but the reality is in checking, FCD has beat DTS significantly every time the 2 squads have faced off. If I were ranking the teams, I would go with FCD. That team plays a very nice game and they seem to have true talent throughout.

DTS winning the season is arguably a nice accomplishment but their future prospects look a little bleak at this point and the FCD squads looks like they are just getting started. Not trying to step on any toes but thats how it looked from where I was sitting.

"Significantly" would be an overstatement to anyone who has seen the games. But it's cool....opinions vary. Fact is last 3 games, they have won them all (2 league and one tourney final). No denying that. Hats off to them.

Future prospects? Can't speak for other clubs/teams, but as we have done for 3 years +... we have a plan, and we will stick to it and see where it gets us. Suffice it to say, we, like most others teams I am sure, are very excited about the future of our club and this age group. :-)
chriswhit
chriswhit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Congrads to DTS Empty Really?

Post by anyIdeas 4/14/2010, 8:53 pm

Butters wrote:I don't know, other than the one player I was not impressed with DTS. That game was really awesome to watch but the reality is in checking, FCD has beat DTS significantly every time the 2 squads have faced off. If I were ranking the teams, I would go with FCD. That team plays a very nice game and they seem to have true talent throughout.

DTRS unimpressive? I am finding that pretty unlikely. You normally win the classic league with an impressive team. I don't know about you but back to back titles is pretty impressive to me...

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 4/15/2010, 8:37 am

Let me put it to you this way....if you kindly ask the ONE player on that team (DTS) to go to the movies on Saturday instead of play soccer....I would be surprised if that team could manage more than 4th in the season. A one player squad is not impressive, the player is, and "hats off"? Sure!! to the one player. While I realize that will bruise ego's of those parents of the kids enjoying the ride, its true none the less. Ive watched 2 of the 3 matches between these teams and Ive watched 6 other games DTS played this year...at least partially and stood by the side line and reacted to "significant applause" for many others. The team simply does not have enough "SOCCER PLAYERS" on it to go beyond their current size advantage. FCD is a team with a lot of real soccer players and their future prospects are VERY bright.

I hope Hassan can improve the future of that team by picking up the right kind of players to take it to the next level. But in reality, as we see in their older teams...they will still be playing DALLAS T Soccer....and that doesn't cut the mustard at 15 or 16 outside of Dallas classic. So soak it up now?!?, I guess....

chriswhit wrote:

"Significantly" would be an overstatement to anyone who has seen the games. But it's cool....opinions vary. Fact is last 3 games, they have won them all (2 league and one tourney final). No denying that. Hats off to them.

Future prospects? Can't speak for other clubs/teams, but as we have done for 3 years +... we have a plan, and we will stick to it and see where it gets us. Suffice it to say, we, like most others teams I am sure, are very excited about the future of our club and this age group. :-)
Butters
Butters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ckclimited3 4/15/2010, 9:47 am

Butters wrote:Let me put it to you this way....if you kindly ask the ONE player on that team (DTS) to go to the movies on Saturday instead of play soccer....I would be surprised if that team could manage more than 4th in the season. A one player squad is not impressive, the player is, and "hats off"? Sure!! to the one player. While I realize that will bruise ego's of those parents of the kids enjoying the ride, its true none the less. Ive watched 2 of the 3 matches between these teams and Ive watched 6 other games DTS played this year...at least partially and stood by the side line and reacted to "significant applause" for many others. The team simply does not have enough "SOCCER PLAYERS" on it to go beyond their current size advantage. FCD is a team with a lot of real soccer players and their future prospects are VERY bright.

I hope Hassan can improve the future of that team by picking up the right kind of players to take it to the next level. But in reality, as we see in their older teams...they will still be playing DALLAS T Soccer....and that doesn't cut the mustard at 15 or 16 outside of Dallas classic. So soak it up now?!?, I guess....

chriswhit wrote:

I think you are being too overly harsh personally. DTRS has some really good players on that team who could walk on to any of the other D1 teams. One-player team....not even close. In my opinion, as that team has strengthened, the impact of that one player has decreased on the whole. I think 2 years ago he was a greater part of their success than he is now, and that is because the team itself has gotten stronger. Is FCD the better team overall, given their recent head to heads, you would have to say yes, but one thing about Texans South (and CW mentioned it earlier), they have a plan and they stick to it.
....and as for the movies, I think the kid would play soccer instead of going to the movies

ckclimited3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 4/15/2010, 10:00 am

Congrats DTRS on the back to back. On the other end of the spectrum it was sad to see Tej. play with just 8 players. It was a tough season for them and the players and parents that showed up for the last game deserve so much respect for seeing it though. So I also send them congrats. Congrads to DTS Icon_cheers
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandinho12 4/15/2010, 10:02 am

butters,
I could not agree with you more.
Brandinho12
Brandinho12
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 4/15/2010, 10:23 am

ckc....I don't mean to be harsh at all. I simply want to give an honest assessment of where I and a lot of other people see the state of things....I would however disagree with you on the fading significance of the one player. I have seen that player win games that they were struggling BAD to make any headway in, over and over again this year with simple individual effort....by...one...player.

ckclimited3 wrote:
Butters wrote:Let me put it to you this way....if you kindly ask the ONE player on that team (DTS) to go to the movies on Saturday instead of play soccer....I would be surprised if that team could manage more than 4th in the season. A one player squad is not impressive, the player is, and "hats off"? Sure!! to the one player. While I realize that will bruise ego's of those parents of the kids enjoying the ride, its true none the less. Ive watched 2 of the 3 matches between these teams and Ive watched 6 other games DTS played this year...at least partially and stood by the side line and reacted to "significant applause" for many others. The team simply does not have enough "SOCCER PLAYERS" on it to go beyond their current size advantage. FCD is a team with a lot of real soccer players and their future prospects are VERY bright.

chriswhit wrote:

I think you are being too overly harsh personally. DTRS has some really good players on that team who could walk on to any of the other D1 teams. One-player team....not even close. In my opinion, as that team has strengthened, the impact of that one player has decreased on the whole. I think 2 years ago he was a greater part of their success than he is now, and that is because the team itself has gotten stronger. Is FCD the better team overall, given their recent head to heads, you would have to say yes, but one thing about Texans South (and CW mentioned it earlier), they have a plan and they stick to it.
....and as for the movies, I think the kid would play soccer instead of going to the movies
Butters
Butters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccersoccer 4/15/2010, 10:41 am

Regardless of DTS record against FCD, it is an 18 game season, you are not judged on one or 2 games, FCD didn't take care of business against lesser teams and therefore feel short on the league title. DTS has many great players, one player doesn't make a team at this age anymore.
I have heard there will be merger between the Texans teams, it will be interesting to see how the DTS respond to HN coaching style, it will be much different than what they are used to. Should make for a very interesting season this Fall.

Soccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 4/15/2010, 10:52 am

Now that part of the rebuttal I actually agree with...."FCD didn't take care of business against lesser teams"...this is true...and don't you know, they know it. Surprised)

Soccersoccer wrote:Regardless of DTS record against FCD, it is an 18 game season, you are not judged on one or 2 games, FCD didn't take care of business against lesser teams and therefore feel short on the league title. DTS has many great players, one player doesn't make a team at this age anymore.
I have heard there will be merger between the Texans teams, it will be interesting to see how the DTS respond to HN coaching style, it will be much different than what they are used to. Should make for a very interesting season this Fall.
Butters
Butters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 4/15/2010, 11:54 am

Soccersoccer wrote:Regardless of DTS record against FCD, it is an 18 game season, you are not judged on one or 2 games, FCD didn't take care of business against lesser teams and therefore feel short on the league title. DTS has many great players, one player doesn't make a team at this age anymore.

I've seen both teams play and I think most boys would be lucky to be on either team. But it's not about winning it's about developing your players and having opportunities available to you. I think both clubs offer both. With the DT merge it could make for an even stronger overall team. So it comes down to who do you want to play for HN or CH?
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 4/15/2010, 12:08 pm

Soccersoccer wrote:I have heard there will be merger between the Texans teams, it will be interesting to see how the DTS respond to HN coaching style, it will be much different than what they are used to. Should make for a very interesting season this Fall.
There is your $64 question. Should be a fun ride.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/15/2010, 12:29 pm

One player can make a difference at any age. Barca and take away Messi. You have a solid team but not one that could beat Real or still be in the champions league.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 4/15/2010, 12:31 pm

bootit wrote: So it comes down to who do you want to play for HN or CH?
That is a good question, and I would say no, it does not come down these two teams, many choices out there, its about finding the right place for your player, and you said it, development is what's more important.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 4/15/2010, 2:07 pm

anyIdeas wrote:

DTRS unimpressive? I am finding that pretty unlikely. You normally win the classic league with an impressive team. I don't know about you but back to back titles is pretty impressive to me...
That kid must be one amazing player to score 51 goals and only give up 11 goals in 18 games. I really don't think any neutral observer would look at those teams and say that FC Dallas has a higher upside. But in saying that I have watched the two FC Dallas forwards play since they were four years old and I am a big fan. Multiple kids from both teams will do well in the future.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anyIdeas 4/15/2010, 5:06 pm

eagle wrote:
anyIdeas wrote:

That kid must be one amazing player to score 51 goals and only give up 11 goals in 18 games. I really don't think any neutral observer would look at those teams and say that FC Dallas has a higher upside. But in saying that I have watched the two FC Dallas forwards play since they were four years old and I am a big fan. Multiple kids from both teams will do well in the future.
Congrads to DTS Lol If he did, somebody please call Schellas. We need this guy on a pro team!

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chriswhit 4/15/2010, 5:14 pm

Jack, sorry..."Butters".

It's ok to have an opinion, and as many have proven in the past, it is even accepted to use this blog to vent a bit (don't like that part of this space....but, I don't have to read it....so it's on me to stop if I want). Regardless... best of luck to you and yours in the future.

Many have seen the top U13 team in the nation...LAFC. SoCal soccer is very good and very deep for our age group. That is fact. That said, North Texas is still a great area for youth soccer....as this age group of kids across all D1 teams and several D2 teams have proven in tournaments throughout the country over the past few years.
Rest of it? Not worth responding to.
chriswhit
chriswhit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by anyIdeas 4/15/2010, 5:18 pm

Congrads to DTS Icon_cheers

Last edited by anyIdeas on 4/15/2010, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not worth the trouble)

anyIdeas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 4/15/2010, 6:06 pm

Don't take it as venting. Like I said earlier, its not meant to be harsh just realistic.... Chris, dad of DTS player "XXXXXX"... Surprised)

...and by the way I think your kids a great player...I just think the ONE is incredible. If I were to be VENTING anything it would be that WE don't have him.......aahhh yet.

...and dont start a thread on that, I'm just kidding.

chriswhit wrote:Jack, sorry..."Butters".

It's ok to have an opinion, and as many have proven in the past, it is even accepted to use this blog to vent a bit (don't like that part of this space....but, I don't have to read it....so it's on me to stop if I want). Regardless... best of luck to you and yours in the future.

Many have seen the top U13 team in the nation...LAFC. SoCal soccer is very good and very deep for our age group. That is fact. That said, North Texas is still a great area for youth soccer....as this age group of kids across all D1 teams and several D2 teams have proven in tournaments throughout the country over the past few years.
Rest of it? Not worth responding to.
Butters
Butters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: