Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PPL 1 Spots Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PPL 1 Spots

+7
forward thinker
Lucero99
debit
rj7soccer
tpitty
Texas Sporting Academy
Marvelousmar
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PPL 1 Spots Empty PPL 1 Spots

Post by Guest 7/16/2014, 9:44 am

PPL may not receive much love on these boards, but I thought I’d try to start a discussion to confirm/clarify rumors and try to predict PPL 1 teams. Because PYSA does not seem to make the decisions until near Labor Day, this could result in 1.5 months of fun. In my last call to PYSA, I was told that no decisions had been made. So, below are my predictions as to whether the teams will be in PPL 1. I assumed that PYSA will not allow PPL 1 play-ins.

From Classic 3: Last year, PYSA gave PPL 1 byes to previous Classic 3 teams. Assuming that they do the same this year, the two teams are Solar Blue and Andro Red. Did Andro Red make? If these teams are not n+1, would they still receive a bye? I put both these teams as tentative “Yes” in PPL 1.

From the PPL 1 standings at the end of last year:
1. Genesis: No. They won an opportunity to play in Classic 3.
2. Andro West: Unlikely (putting them at “No”). Last year, Andro Red made Classic 3 as the next highest QT team when a Classic team broke up without a replacement. With another Classic team rumored to have broken up without a replacement (so sayeth the forum), Andro West would be going to Classic (assuming that they are n+1).
3. Tex Sport North (fka Meja) Rangel: Yes. Heard that n+1 returning.
4. AYSES (fka NTX Strikers): Yes, under another name. Rumored (unconfirmed) that n+1 left to join Arsenal. If so, then PYSA would likely give the bye to Arsenal.
5. Amarillo: Yes, I guess. No news here.
6. Continental: Yes, I guess. No news here.
7. FC Dallas West: No. Taking FCD Blue’s Classic 3 spot (so sayeth the forum).
8. Tex Sport Blue (fka Meja) Williams: Likely. PYSA rules state that bottom 2 would be regulated rather than top 8 remaining. However, forum posts indicated that PPL 1 bye is secured. With all the spots open, will likely receive an exception bye. Would like to call this a “Yes”, but it is within PYSA discretion and not a given.
9. FCD Black: No. Relegated to PPL 2 and rumored (unconfirmed) to have broken up.

From PPL2:
1. DTX North: Maybe. Won promotion opportunity, but rumored (unconfirmed) that n+1 did not return. However, with all the shake-up, maybe PYSA makes an exception.
2. LP SJ: Yes, I guess. Promoted and no news here.
3. DTX White: Likely. Assuming they are n+1, there should be promotion spots open.
4. HP Scot: Maybe. Depending upon TX Sport or DTX North decision, they could be in.
5. LP Shank: Maybe. Depending upon the TX Sport and DTX North decisions, they could be in.
6. LP Paisley: Unlikely. Depends upon the TX Sport and DTX North decisions (and would need another team to not make or not be n+1)
7. Barcelona: No. Not enough spots
8. FCD White: No. Not enough spots.
9. Infinity: No. Relegated.
10. GSSC: No. Relegated.

To summarize, my PPL 1 predictions are as follows:
1. Andro Red
2. Solar Blue
3. Tex Sport Rangel
4. Arsenal (via AYSES fka NTX Strikers)
5. Amarillo (by Morning)
6. Continental
7. LP St. John
8. Likely: Tex Sport Williams
9. Likely: DTX White
10. Maybe: HP Scots
11. Maybe: DTX North
12. Maybe: LP Shank
13. Unlikely: LP Paisley

Sleep 

Back to top Go down

PPL 1 Spots Empty Re: PPL 1 Spots

Post by Marvelousmar 7/16/2014, 9:58 am

To summarize, my PPL 1 predictions are as follows:
1. Andro Red (Doesn't exist)
2. Solar Blue (don't no rule with N+1 and how that will work out former classic team but totally new team interesting in what PPL will do)
3. Tex Sport Rangel (Secures N+1)
4. Arsenal (via AYSES fka NTX Strikers) (This is interesting how does the N+1 work here did they all go I don't think so so do they get a bye PPL is going to have to figure that out)
5. Amarillo (by Morning) (Assume has their bye)
6. Continental (Assume has their bye)
7. LP St. John (Assume is in)
8. Likely: Tex Sport Williams ( So your picking us to finish 8th ouch where is the love)
9. Likely: DTX White (Assume has N+1)
10. Maybe: HP Scots (do they have N+1)
11. Maybe: DTX North (Do they have N+1)
12. Maybe: LP Shank (Assume has N+1)
13. Unlikely: LP Paisley (Do they have N+1)

Lot's of teams seem not to have N+1 curious to see if they will open up more then (3 and 4) or if they just promote until they fill PPL 1 and 2. Wont' know for a while. Anyway it should be a fun year.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/16/2014, 10:08 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
( So your picking us to finish 8th ouch where is the love)

I should clarify that I was not predicting the final rankings - the listing was based upon final standings last year along with likelihood of securing a spot this year. I appreciate the update on Andro Red. Real shame, because they were a great team to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas Sporting Academy 7/16/2014, 10:11 am

snjn1ab wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
( So your picking us to finish 8th ouch where is the love)

I should clarify that I was not predicting the final rankings - the listing was based upon final standings last year along with likelihood of securing a spot this year.  I appreciate the update on Andro Red.  Real shame, because they were a great team to watch.

Just ragging you a bit snjn1ab.  I was about to use it as bulletin board material.
Texas Sporting Academy
Texas Sporting Academy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 7/16/2014, 10:44 am

So with all the changes, is it the beginning of the watering down process, or the consolidating and getting stronger process?

and I pick sporting to finish 9th since I never got my promised shirt. Put that in your canadian pipe and smoke it aye...ha
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/16/2014, 11:03 am

tpitty wrote:So with all the changes, is it the beginning of the watering down process, or the consolidating and getting stronger process?

and I pick sporting to finish 9th since I never got my promised shirt. Put that in your canadian pipe and smoke it aye...ha

Great question, Tpitty, we won't know the answer until the end of the season or when some of the lowly Plano teams play against the Classic teams to see how they show. I think there will be some consodliating down the road it's going to take some time for it to work itself out. I think the top 3 in Plano will play well against most of Classic 3. The gap between Classic 1 -3 probably has narrowed a bit. What will PPL look like depends on what they decide to do with the promotions.

I still owe you a shirt ( I know) but it was only if we performed. People only want to wear shirts of winners there was no way you would wear the shirt based on our performance during the qualifier. We didn't get into Classic so we are back in Plano hoping not to finish 9th and make Tpitty happy.

How about this, since you have us set for 9th. If we finish top 3 in the fall I'll give you a shirt that you can Sport.

And if our butts get into Classic next memorial day, well dang I think you will have to wear the shirt for a month.

This is the slogan for the year. "Tpitty the reason we train" MM maybe I should get some shirts made up just for that. See you on the pitch.

By the way I don't smoke that cancer thing scares me plus it's an expensive habit.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/16/2014, 3:40 pm

[quote="Texas Sporting Academy"][quote="snjn1ab"]
Marvelousmar wrote:
Just ragging you a bit snjn1ab.  I was about to use it as bulletin board material.

Be careful with ragging on me. If I become upset, I may resume posting my favorable predictions involving your team on the forum. History has shown that my predictions bring bad luck (It must be that, because it can't be that I am bad at predicting).  Wink 

With PPL QT being in a couple of weeks, we should at least know soon which teams will need to requalify, and, thus out of PPL 1. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Good luck to your team this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/16/2014, 3:47 pm

snjn1ab wrote:
Texas Sporting Academy wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:

Be careful with ragging on me. If I become upset, I may resume posting my favorable predictions involving your team on the forum.  History has shown that my predictions bring bad luck (It must be that, because it can't be that I am bad at predicting).  Wink 

With PPL QT being in a couple of weeks, we should at least know soon which teams will need to requalify, and, thus out of PPL 1.  Regardless, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Good luck to your team this weekend.

So that explains it you have been giving us bad luck with some of your predictions. The Texas Sporting White team will be playing in the tourney this weekend with some help from a few on the blue team. Most Tournaments will be a combination of both teams. (Just a crazy novel idea we came up with. League play small rosters of about 14. (need 2 more to get to the magic number) and tourney's a mixture of the teams sort of a Light Blue. Won't get to see most of the white's games this weekend as my Girl's team will be playing at the exact same time on different parks. (Where was the conflict request form) The one game I get to see is against FC Dallas Premier. (Pino's group) again that seems like that should be fun. (Oh boy) Start up team haven't played a match together, after 3 matches in the heat sic Pino on them. That makes a lot of sense. Anyway the goal is to keep that one in single digits or maybe have a better showing then Brazil did against Germany.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/18/2014, 9:49 am

I heard that at least some teams that are not n+1 are being told that they must re-qualify. If consistent with last year, PYSA would move up the PPL 2 bye teams to fill the PPL 1 spots. Then, any open PPL 2 spots could be earned in the PPL QT. If true, then I think the list would be as follows, assuming that the teams listed are n+1 and the turnover/break-up/Classic promotion rumors mentioned above are accurate:
2. Tex Sport North Rangel
3. Arsenal
4. Amarillo
5. Continental
1. Tex Sport Blue Williams
6. LP St. John
7. DTX White
8. HP Scots
9. LP Shank
10. LP Paisley

PPL 2 would then be:
1. FCD White
2. Barcelona
3. Clockwork
4. Andro
(Leaving 6 spots open for PPL QT)

That would make the PPL QT exciting with a bunch of new teams, hungry teams, and re-loaded teams trying to make PPL 2 in the fall and PPL 1 in the spring (if in the top 2 of PPL 2).

Back to top Go down

Post by rj7soccer 7/20/2014, 11:16 pm

Barcelona MSA had a great showing at the King Tut tourney.... Lost 2-0 to Azzurri(Classic2), good solid game, missed opportunities and mental mistakes let the game go but to be honest you couldn’t tell much of a difference between both teams. PPL should keep and eye on this team, exiting to watch!

rj7soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/20/2014, 11:49 pm

Sinjab no spots open for PPL 2 promotion alone in original discussions with Plano they do reserve the right to change their mind.

Barcelona MSA great team ( kept my boys from getting to week 2 In May seemed like that nightmare was just yesterday) Good coach and looking forward to a good season from that group.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/21/2014, 10:03 am

Are you saying any team entering the PPL placement tournament are playing for spots in PPL 3 at best? That's interesting. I would think with the way you have teams blowing up and forming between Memorial Day and Signing Day, you would have some teams that don't have N+1 that are quite loaded and putting them in PPL 3 could create quite an imbalance.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2014, 10:21 am

I am not saying don't work for the PYSA. PYSA is saying, now if PYSA continues to say. such there will be some imbalance. However, at the end of the day it's going to be up to PYSA. I think it should be interesting. I also beleive the N+1 should be maintained to be able to have a bye. If not it isn't the same team that has the bye. Heck 1/2 +1. That's not even the same team you can make a lot of changes so that is a reasonable number. If I were king for a day. I'd say promote and fill out PPL1. Fill out Half of PPL2. due to the amount of N+1 issues that exists. Open it up for the rest to take PPl2 (2nd half) PPL 3 and PPL 4. Should be fun to see.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/21/2014, 10:42 am

That sounds reasonable especially given PYSA has now moved to promotion/relegation at the winter break. What do we need to do to crown you king for a day? Should I fill out one of those White House petition thingys?

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2014, 10:45 am

I contact Gina, but she wouldn't give me a crown. She is probably tired of me blowing up her phone.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 7/21/2014, 12:03 pm

rj7soccer wrote:Barcelona MSA had a great showing at the King Tut tourney.... Lost 2-0 to Azzurri(Classic2), good solid game, missed opportunities and mental mistakes let the game go but to be honest you couldn’t tell much of a difference between both teams. PPL should keep and eye on this team, exiting to watch!

Who did Barca add, because if I recall they finished 3rd in Plano 3. Comparing them to a classic 2 team because they didn't lose that bad may be a stretch.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucero99 7/21/2014, 12:59 pm

I can confirm LP Paisley made their N+ by returning 12.

Lucero99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2014, 1:37 pm

Tpitty my fan with the shirt.  

Dang we agree.  Must admit I like the progress that Barca has made, but playing a team with 1 sub, in sauna in game 4 after they had played 3 Classic 1 sides.  Is not the best way to measure something.  And Barca there is no disrespect in that statement.  I love your side and what has been done.  Again everyone knows I love to support the PPL teams vs the Classic teams.  But the comparison is a little unwaranted.  On a brighter note PPl has gone to Got Soccer so gone are the days of waiting for two weeks for results to get posted.

That would be a comparison I can make. Old system vs the Got Soccer System.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 7/21/2014, 2:22 pm

Barca did look good.  Props for putting up a good game.  Did they have guest players or was that all them? I do agree it's an unfair comparison given the variables.

Last edited by epicgoodsport on 7/21/2014, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to say it nicer.)
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 7/21/2014, 8:12 pm

Barca had one guest player but the rest were all regulars.  There were some position changes, so some of the boys weren't used to where they were playing.  They played really well overall, and hopefully we can carry that into the placement tournament this weekend.

That was our 4th game of the weekend too, and all of the teams we played were in higher divisions than us, so as Marvelousmar said the comparison may be "a little" unwarranted, it is not completely off base.  Smile  I am a little biased though.
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2014, 8:35 pm

Beast_04 wrote:Barca had one guest player but the rest were all regulars.  There were some position changes, so some of the boys weren't used to where they were playing.  They played really well overall, and hopefully we can carry that into the placement tournament this weekend.

That was our 4th game of the weekend too, and all of the teams we played were in higher divisions than us, so as Marvelousmar said the comparison may be "a little" unwarranted, it is not completely off base.  Smile  I am a little biased though.

Hey Beast you know I love you guys. That is why I said "a little" and you know I am a little biased considering how the result of our last match went.....( Yes I will never let you live it down until the end of my days in North Texas)

I know Azzurri well and I am starting to get to know you guys, love your style and the way you play. But I when it is 40C and a team has 1 guy on the bench vs 5 guys on the bench at the 4th game. Fatigue facotr has to go to Azzurri.

All the teams you played were in higher divisions. I am not quite sure about that statement. Texas Sporting White was a brand new team the game against them was their first game together they had guest to help out in the heat, but the coach was still figuring out half the kids names. Texans North is not the same team from last year with maybe 6 -8 kids from their team from last year. FC White was a higher division team but from qulity of players I think your team has signficiantly more skilled players. So the only higher division team ( and divisions bavisions in my word) Higher Quality team you played was Azzurri with 1 sub. The result was a good one but not enough to try to draw a comparison. My opinion again if I were king for a day is that out of the 50 Plano teams you guys fall somewhere in the top 15. The three Plano teams you played probably currently do not. (One of them is trying to get into the top 15 but then again I have a soft spot for one of those teams as well)

I think I try to provide an unbiased opinion of what I saw this weekend. I saw you guys play the Texans and you were the beter side. Guests or no guests, it's tournaments in summer everyone has guests except at QT and Placement. So the rule says 5 guests players and as long as they are in the correct age group you will never here me complaining about guest players. The ball movement of your group was great and keep doing what your doing.
Good luck during the season.

I do have a few questions. Since a lot of folks want to know because some have said this was a team that finished 3rd in PPL D3. and the team is a lot better subsequent PPL then during PPL. What was the big change? (because the lightbulb definetly has come on after league play)

My second question is I saw your team listed in the Placement tourney which doesn't make sense to me when I start counting the byes that should be given, your side should be promoted to division 2. Are you just entering for fun? it's way too hot to do that.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/21/2014, 9:05 pm

PYSA said last year that the only teams from PPL 3 that would receive byes would be the top 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 7/21/2014, 9:22 pm

Looking at our record during PPL, we only had 1 loss.  We had a couple of issues that cost us that game and caused the draws that we had.  So what I think has helped the light bulb come on is the coaching, identifying those issues and working on them.

With regards to the placement tournament, we haven't seen a list of who is getting byes and haven't been told we were getting a bye, so we definitely don't want to end up in division 4, so better to be safe than sorry.
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2014, 9:26 pm

Beast that makes sense I know a lot of folks don't want to give you guys credit. Trust me I am not one of those people. I think you guys are going to do fine. My question was still more for PYSA probably then you guys I would think with the 3rd place finish that they would move you guys to D2 at least considering all the N+1 issues. Not the highest you can be placed. Per the schedule is 3rd division. For me I hope that's the case. ( Only want to play you guys in friendlies Smile
Anyway good luck this weekend and make sure to wear a hat.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 7/21/2014, 10:06 pm

Play Goncalves or Pino's team.  See how you do.  It's easy to let 6 or 8 goals in with either team.  Having said that, I think you could hang with half of the Classic D3 teams well.  I saw your Classic qualifying games and knew the Azzurri match wasn't going to be a blowout.  Almost ended up not being a clean sheet with the one that hit the crossbar.  You guys played well.

Last edited by epicgoodsport on 7/21/2014, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : liked it better)
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next