Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PPL 1 Spots - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PPL 1 Spots

+7
forward thinker
Lucero99
debit
rj7soccer
tpitty
Texas Sporting Academy
Marvelousmar
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PPL 1 Spots - Page 2 Empty Re: PPL 1 Spots

Post by forward thinker 7/21/2014, 10:06 pm

Play Goncalves or Pino's team.  See how you do.  It's easy to let 6 or 8 goals in with either team.  Having said that, I think you could hang with half of the Classic D3 teams well.  I saw your Classic qualifying games and knew the Azzurri match wasn't going to be a blowout.  Almost ended up not being a clean sheet with the one that hit the crossbar.  You guys played well.

Last edited by epicgoodsport on 7/21/2014, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : liked it better)

forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 7/22/2014, 10:48 am

So... if someone could condense all this info into a summary that would be nice... because im confused. Who is suspected to be in d1, who in d2. Are d3/d4 going to be for all the teams in the QT?

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/22/2014, 10:49 am

epicgoodsport wrote:Play Goncalves or Pino's team.  See how you do.

My guess is that, at worst, they would earn a number of points greater than or equal to 0 points and give up no more than 10 points to each opponent in tourney scoring. So, no worse other than maybe goal differential.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/22/2014, 10:54 am

heyyouguys wrote:So... if someone could condense all this info into a summary that would be nice... because im confused. Who is suspected to be in d1, who in d2. Are d3/d4 going to be for all the teams in the QT?

Nothing definitive from PYSA, but see my post above from Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am. That's my guess based upon what happened last year. The only change would be that Barcelona (aka Real Madrid Barcelona and not MSA) appears to be in the QT. That means that there may be 7 spots open in PPL 2 to fill via the QT.

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 7/22/2014, 10:59 am

Hmm okay... I saw the link to the QT tournament that said that it was going to be for d3/d4... So I was trying to figure out how d1/d2 are going to work. But, it sounds like you think that the QT will fill up the rest of d2, also. I know its not definitive, but its at least an idea. Okey dokey... thanks!

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/22/2014, 11:11 am

Here's the official document from PYSA regarding how they will hand out byes for the upcoming year.

http://www.pysa.org/UserFiles/files/Competitive/PPL/F14_S15%20PPL%20Guidelines.pdf

Excerpt for the 02 age group is pasted below.  It doesn't spell out how they will handle open spots in D1 where the team earned a bye, but doesn't have N+1 except for the vague statement at the end that the VP Competitive has discretion to fill any vacant spots.  It would be reasonable to assume any additional D1 openings could be filled by the 'next in line' D2 team with a bye, but it could also be reasonable to assume that if a team performs exceptionally well in the Placement Games (3 wins/30 points/30 GF 0 GA) then maybe they could earn a D1 spot as well.  This is all conjecture on my part, and I'm certainly no expert on how PYSA operates, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

U12 Boys / U13-Fall 2014
39 teams, 10, 10, 10, 9
Top 8 teams in Div 1 will receive a Bye.
Top 2 teams from Div 2 will be promoted to Div 1 and will receive a Bye.

Div 1 = 10 teams
Bottom 2 teams from Div 1 will be relegated to Div 2 and will receive a Bye
Teams finishing in 3rd thru 8th place will received a Bye
The top 2 teams from Div 3 will be promoted to Div 2 and will receive a Bye.

Div 2 = 10 teams
The bottom 2 teams in Div 2 will be relegated.
All remaining teams will play in the PT to determine Divisions.

Any vacant spots will be assigned at the discretion of the VP of Competitive.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn 7/23/2014, 9:40 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
Beast_04 wrote:Barca had one guest player but the rest were all regulars.  There were some position changes, so some of the boys weren't used to where they were playing.  They played really well overall, and hopefully we can carry that into the placement tournament this weekend.

That was our 4th game of the weekend too, and all of the teams we played were in higher divisions than us, so as Marvelousmar said the comparison may be "a little" unwarranted, it is not completely off base.  Smile  I am a little biased though.

Hey Beast you know I love you guys.  That is why I said "a little"  and you know I am a little biased considering how the result of our last match went.....( Yes I will never let you live it down until the end of my days in North Texas)  

I know Azzurri well and I am starting to get to know you guys, love your style and the way you play.  But I when it is 40C and a team has 1 guy on the bench vs 5 guys on the bench at the 4th game.  Fatigue factor has to go to Azzurri.

All the teams you played were in higher divisions.  I am not quite sure about that statement.  Texas Sporting White was a brand new team the game against them was their first game together they had guest to help out in the heat, but the coach was still figuring out half the kids names.  Texans North is not the same team from last year with maybe 6 -8 kids from their team from last year.  FC White was a higher division team but from quality of players I think your team has significantly more skilled players.  So the only higher division team ( and divisions bavisions in my word) Higher Quality team you played was Azzurri with 1 sub.  The result was a good one but not enough to try to draw a comparison.  My opinion again if I were king for a day is that out of the 50 Plano teams you guys fall somewhere in the top 15.  The three Plano teams you played probably currently do not. (One of them is trying to get into the top 15 but then again I have a soft spot for one of those teams as well)  

I think I try to provide an unbiased opinion of what I saw this weekend.  I saw you guys play the Texans and you were the better side. Guests or no guests, it's tournaments in summer everyone has guests except at QT and Placement.  So the rule says 5 guests players and as long as they are in the correct age group you will never here me complaining about guest players.    The ball movement of your group was great and keep doing what your doing.  
Good luck during the season.

I think the first tournament post-July 1 is not a good gauge upon which to measure a team, be it a newly promoted Classic D2 team or a 3rd place PPL3 team.  It was a good game.  Azzurri was missing some key players and had only one sub.  Barca played well and it was probably everyones first humid & hot game with our mild summer thus far.  Should be an interesting soccer season!
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 7/25/2014, 2:18 pm

foghornleghorn wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
Beast_04 wrote:Barca had one guest player but the rest were all regulars.  There were some position changes, so some of the boys weren't used to where they were playing.  They played really well overall, and hopefully we can carry that into the placement tournament this weekend.

That was our 4th game of the weekend too, and all of the teams we played were in higher divisions than us, so as Marvelousmar said the comparison may be "a little" unwarranted, it is not completely off base.  Smile  I am a little biased though.

Hey Beast you know I love you guys.  That is why I said "a little"  and you know I am a little biased considering how the result of our last match went.....( Yes I will never let you live it down until the end of my days in North Texas)  

I know Azzurri well and I am starting to get to know you guys, love your style and the way you play.  But I when it is 40C and a team has 1 guy on the bench vs 5 guys on the bench at the 4th game.  Fatigue factor has to go to Azzurri.

All the teams you played were in higher divisions.  I am not quite sure about that statement.  Texas Sporting White was a brand new team the game against them was their first game together they had guest to help out in the heat, but the coach was still figuring out half the kids names.  Texans North is not the same team from last year with maybe 6 -8 kids from their team from last year.  FC White was a higher division team but from quality of players I think your team has significantly more skilled players.  So the only higher division team ( and divisions bavisions in my word) Higher Quality team you played was Azzurri with 1 sub.  The result was a good one but not enough to try to draw a comparison.  My opinion again if I were king for a day is that out of the 50 Plano teams you guys fall somewhere in the top 15.  The three Plano teams you played probably currently do not. (One of them is trying to get into the top 15 but then again I have a soft spot for one of those teams as well)  

I think I try to provide an unbiased opinion of what I saw this weekend.  I saw you guys play the Texans and you were the better side. Guests or no guests, it's tournaments in summer everyone has guests except at QT and Placement.  So the rule says 5 guests players and as long as they are in the correct age group you will never here me complaining about guest players.    The ball movement of your group was great and keep doing what your doing.  
Good luck during the season.

I think the first tournament post-July 1 is not a good gauge upon which to measure a team, be it a newly promoted Classic D2 team or a 3rd place PPL3 team.  It was a good game.  Azzurri was missing some key players and had only one sub.  Barca played well and it was probably everyones first humid & hot game with our mild summer thus far.  Should be an interesting soccer season!

Not to take anything away from Barca, they played a great game against FCD White and had a great showing, but a last minute goal that was taken away from FCD White on a very bad call turned that from a tie to a win. FCD White is underrated. Barca on the other hand is going to be tough this year.

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/26/2014, 8:33 am

Last night recap. Looks like most of the 1 seeds got wins yestersday, from what I could tell looks like PPL2 is going to be a good fight this year, hope the Texas Sporting Boys White handle their business today and get their ticket punched. No results yet from Barca game. Inquiring minds want to know.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 7/26/2014, 10:01 am

Why is it that the one game I am mildly curious about is the only game that doesn't have results posted....

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 7/26/2014, 10:25 am

There is no score because there was no game.  Sad  The Coppell Santos backed out of the tournament.  So we just have a three team bracket.  Our first game will be the 3:30 game today.  Everybody drink water, it's going to be hot!
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/26/2014, 10:58 am

Mm. So now the interesting math begins. Do you give everyone 10 points in that bracke thus providing 2nd place a solid shot at PPL 3. Or do you do some sort of percentage of points thing. Not quit sure what they will do.

Hey Good luck to the Barcelona crew today. It is Texas in the Summer so drink a lot of water for all sides. Get your Popcorn ready.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/26/2014, 11:04 am

Hey I was looking at Got Soccer King Tutt was kind to you guys you have cracked the top 30. Now you guys will have a target on your back. I think you guys are the highest ranked team ( Got soccer rankings) in the tourney. No longer the hunter now your the hunted. Have fun today. See you guys soon.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 7/26/2014, 12:03 pm

Tourney director can't be happy.

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/26/2014, 1:29 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:Mm.  So now the interesting math begins.  Do you give everyone 10 points in that bracke thus providing 2nd place a solid shot at PPL 3.  Or do you do some sort of percentage of points thing.  Not quit sure what they will do.

As stated in the rules, they will receive 10 points, unless they say that it was a mistake in brackets and not a forfeit.

http://www.pysa.org/UserFiles/files/Competitive/Place.%20Games/PYSA%20Fall%202013%20PT(1).pdf

Last edited by snjn1ab on 7/26/2014, 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2